Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? (10834 Views)

Petrol Station Manager Dies In An Underground Tank In Delta State / Why Do Entrepreneurs Talk Down On 9-5? / 30 Entrepreneurs That Quit The Corporate World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Airoflaw(m): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2023
People in this country are not helping, which one is pollution tax now?, until People cryout they will keep exploiting the poor. Let the poor.....
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by sylve11: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
Lastpharoah33:
Like my tired is really tired o.

I'm a spray painter and we need petrol to execute tasks; ( mixing gloss paint, running the spray engine and what not).

This sudden petrol price hike had taken a huge toll on me personally. Welders are on the bright side cos diesel price keeps crashing for a while now and most of them use diesel engines.

Before now, N2,000 petrol will handle the painting of 15-20 doors. But now my brothers ,N5,000 worth of fuel can't deliver 20 of the same doors.

If not for the odd jobs and some improvisation, I wonder what would have become of me lately.

Like we're just programmed to suffer in this country.

You've got a mail. cool
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Ventura1: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
Solar power option
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by SirLakes: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
Push the burden to your customers by increasing your price... That's how we roll grin

1 Like

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Sleekfingers: 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
Flets:
The Situation is almost impossible

A salary earner who earns 100k, lives at Magodo or Isheri and works oin Victoria Island spends over 80K a month on transport. How can he continue the job?... how does he feed, pay rent, feed the family, pay electricity and other bills, buy airtime and data, cloth himself and family, deal with general life expenses?

How does a barber who spend 1.5 liters of petrol to barb one person break even, How do you expect a Nigerian in remote Osun to pay 3K to barb hair.... how does the barber survive with increased electricity tariff and increased fuel price?

How does the hair stylist and tailors who depend on fuel to carry out their business break even?, if they inflate their prices ... how many Nigerians can afford it? cry cry

1.5 litres for a customer haircut? That customer head na Apoti Fedeco?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Etosha: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2023
PHCN has improved of recent ... Hardly buy petrol. Don't despair, there's always a way around every problem.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by dalass(f): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2023
billionman:
I have converted to using LPG. It gives more run time than petrol.

Please who can do this conversion ?

For a generator

For a car

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Emmypure: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
dalass:

For a generator

For a car

Thanks in advance

If you are in Lagos I fit run am for you , the carburator is 25 k for small one and the big
one is 35 k, workmanship is 6k.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Fiscus105(m): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
I will be surprised if Nigeria economy grow as they projected, because in all advanced economy, govt usually give incentive/subsidy to stimulate economy .

Here in our naija, govt draining citizens right and no stimulus package put life into business.

I forsée 50% small business collapsing before December.
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by 1x2x3: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
The right question should be

How are Tinubu supporters or OBI supporters cope with Fuel grin

Now ask how

How politicians and Common man cope with Fuel.

1 Like

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Arisenews2: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2023
It’s well!

Meanwhile, see how JJ Okocha and 9 other super Eagle footballers went broke after a successful football career in Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ZG32ORuww
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by BadMaster: 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
Etosha:
PHCN has improved of recent ... Hardly buy petrol. Don't despair, there's always a way around every problem.
The question is, how long is this stability in electricity going to last? We have been enjoying at least 23hours of light for a few weeks now. But my worry is, no one really knows why the sudden improvement. Is it that the dams are filled as a result of rainfall and consequently, we are now enjoying light? Or is there another reason? No one can say for sure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by OneMillionBTC: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2023
Install solar System to power some of your appliances that need constant light . This way you will not always keep the gen running.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by dalass(f): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
Emmypure:

If you are in Lagos I fit run am for you , the carburator is 25 k for small one and the big

No, I no dey Lag
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by AEWorks: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2023
Invest in a hvlp spraying machine. It does not use thinner or petrol. Just paid for mine.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by dalass(f): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
Fiscus105:
I will be surprised if Nigeria economy grow as they projected, because in all advanced economy, govt usually give incentive/subsidy to stimulate economy .

Here in our naija, govt draining citizens right and no stimulus package put life into business.

I forsée 50% small business collapsing before December.

Already, almost all business shops are shut since that cashless and petrol scarcity era... Hope not all will still close down by that time oh.
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by dalass(f): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2023
AEWorks:
Invest in a hvlp spraying machine. It does not use thinner or petrol. Just paid for mine.

How much is this please?
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Yomit71(m): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2023
greatiyk4u:
If Tinubu was not allowed to impose himself on Nigerians, his supporters would have been disturbing us with how Tinubu would have changed Nigeria within 48hrs of swearing in.

Buhari was given a chance, he failed
Tinubu was equally given a chance now, he is showing early signs of abysmal poor performance
Let's give Fashola a try tongue
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Godsonkemz(m): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2023
And this is not the best time to increase service price in response to the increase in the price of petrol because sales and patronage has dropped.
Increasing price will make you further lose patronages you use to enjoy before.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by greatiyk4u(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2023
Yomit71:

Let's give Fashola a try tongue

We keep trying
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by BadMaster: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2023
dalass:

For a generator

For a car

Thanks in advance
Contact @GAZZUZZ, he is a popular Nairalander. He is into the conversation thing.

Also, check out his thread https://www.nairaland.com/7727172/fuel-subsidy-convert-generator-lpg#123782198
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Sijo01(f): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2023
Dididrumz:
I already heard they've been taxing businesses that power their business with generator.

There's no electricity and sanitation is taxing people for using generators.
Too much problems in this country.

Didn't you see that the Demand Notice you're parading is for July 2022?
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by twilliamx(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
If you can afford it, have a solar inverter as back up
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Etosha: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
BadMaster:

The question is, how long is this stability in electricity going to last? We have been enjoying at least 23hours of light for a few weeks now. But my worry is, no one really knows why the sudden improvement. Is it that the dams are filled as a result of rainfall and consequently, we are now enjoying light? Or is there another reason? No one can say for sure.

Enjoy it while it lasts. If PHCN goes back to status quo, petrol price may come down by then. Just be positive always.
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by dalass(f): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
BadMaster:

Contact @GAZZUZZ, he is a popular Nairalander. He is into the conversation thing.

Also, check out his thread https://www.nairaland.com/7727172/fuel-subsidy-convert-generator-lpg#123782198

Many thanks 😊

1 Like

Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by okine4real: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
billionman:
I have converted to using LPG. It gives more run time than petrol.

Don't just type two lines, explain how it gives more run time, how much gas do you buy and how many hours does it last?
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
The truth is that businesses are slowly dying. It is just not sustainable
Re: How Do Entrepreneurs That Use Petrol Engines Cope? by okine4real: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Emmypure:

Pls explain the difference between the small carburator and the big carburator. Abi the small one dey chop gas more? Pls explain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Jst Registered For The Nigeria Army Dssc/ssc Recruitment. Am Passionate About D Military. Lets Met / Ican List Of Courses / Do You Have A Consistent Permanent Signature? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.