Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) (36226 Views)

Onitsha-Owerri Federal Highway Bows To The Force Of Erosion (Photos, Video) / Onitsha-Owerri Road Caves In / Drone Shots Of Second Phase Road Of Ikirun-Ila-Odo Road (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by dreu2fine(m): 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2023
leanonme82:
Nwanosike Onu, Awka

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/erosion-cuts-off-onitsha-owerri-road/

Continue siting at home
Elite being controlled by tout
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by rickyrex(m): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
Barrywilly:
They should call Okwute that they gave 99% votes to fix it now. We owe them nathing grin grin grin
federal govt a private property? When is it a crime to make a choice on who to lead. Abi make we rule by degree
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by EmmyDJourno: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
Barrywilly:
They should call Okwute that they gave 99% votes to fix it now. We owe them nathing grin grin grin

Who be we; see suffer head plus hunger strike dey form we, irredeemable slave😅😂🤣
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Rikze: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
9jatriot:
Beyond politics, who can explain why Anambra seems to be very prone to erosion?

The soil that I see there is red soil which is claylike in nature, so why then does it wash off so bad to the point that the report says up to 100m? 100M is too deep to be filled back, so what really causes it?

The place is hilly, as a result the rain waters wash off the soil. That's what happens in most hilly places with such soils.

Unless it is hilly and rocky, then you won't have such erosions.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Jossiace: 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
The part of the country you are referring here is behind Ondo State in oil production.
Lagos is also oil producing state as well as Ogun state.

ottersberger:

You're saying that Nigeria citizens who are also producing part of the oil a barren Southwest is built and financed with should not enjoy the benefits of their endowment?.

Which kind winch you sef wan turn like dis?.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Tommydare(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Baba mention state for us make we learn nw. Shuuu
ottersberger:

My friend, go and rest. No be only Iboland, na Yolubaland.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by ottersberger(m): 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
Tommydare:
Delusional mind. Mention those state for iboland make we hear.

You papa abi?
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by descarado: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
That erosion has a track. I saw the router it followed here one time when nairaland was productive.
And the host is doing nothing except cosmetic surgery about it.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by adedayoa2(f): 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
djseanjohn77:

You know right, that whenever the world want to talk about Nigeria, they either reference lagos, or Abuja...but all other states especially S/E does not even esixt on world map, the only time they get a mention is the devastating sons of S/East that are currently wallowing in Asian prisons grin grin grin
see what you cooked cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by HitlerWasRight: 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
Where is and proeast ?

Why are they not commenting on this thread.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Judolisco(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
9jatriot:

The soil that I see there is red soil which is claylike in nature, so why then does it wash off so bad to the point that the report says up to 100m? 100M is too deep to be filled back, so what really causes it?
as u rightly said, they have a large amount of claysoil or mudlike soil, when water moistens the clay, it acts as lubricant aiding thesliding of the soil down the steep topography.... They also need to build more drainages
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Judolisco(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
BigDawsNet:
who is going to fix it?

Imo or anambra? Or the FG
na FG road

1 Like

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Judolisco(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
TheMensch:

No environmental scientist or any expert will answer this bro. This forum is strictly for tribalistic, religious and political battles.
I weep for the kind of youths I'm sharing the country with.
cry
I Don answer am oh
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Shadysen: 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2023
na this road army man wanted to beat me because our truck wanted to hit their road block, God saved me.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Tommydare(m): 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nnegi
ottersberger:

You papa abi?
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by compton11(m): 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
ottersberger:

You're saying that Nigeria citizens who are also producing part of the oil a barren Southwest is built and financed with should not enjoy the benefits of their endowment?.

which oil East day produce?
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Wearetheworld: 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2023
OLD PICTURE THIS HAPPENED LONG TIME AGO
leanonme82:
Nwanosike Onu, Awka

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/erosion-cuts-off-onitsha-owerri-road/

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Mrkindness: 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Barrywilly:
natural disaster is now a tribal bashing thing . You are the most disgusting among humans.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by samz77: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
Na curse they worry this region. This region must to suffer for the sins they have committed
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by John4B: 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
This pix was taken somewhere in southwest. I know this place in Ogun state.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by SugarGirl44(f): 11:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
ottersberger:

If SW is barren then SE is as dead as dodo.
You mean your father, mother and all those your ipob criminals relocated to a barren region?

1 Like

Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by nighthawk1: 12:39am On Jul 07, 2023
9jatriot:

Anambra requires some variables which increases the cost of road construction when done right exponential y.

Corruption does not permit them to do it right.

Gully errosion and sink holes occur randomly across Anambra and with heavy rains most communities are at risk.

Meanwhile sharp sand is available post dredging of the lower Niger at Onitsha.
Some locations require piling, elevated road sections, multiple bridge sections and redirection of storm waters and captive drains.

IT IS WELL
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by Salym(m): 8:19am On Jul 07, 2023
9jatriot:

The person doesn't know how deep 100m is. That won't be more than 15 to 20m at best.
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
OBI WHERE ARE YOU
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by endsarrrs(f): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2023
PHIPEX:
You sound sick,
You sound foolish. Poor you
Re: Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) by RxCatalyst: 8:56am On Jul 11, 2023
ottersberger:

Since you are too daft to know what's been under your nose even before you were born, I don't have the responsibility to educate you. I no be your papa.
Simple question, u dey yabb your forefather. That is the problem with these Igbos. No wonder you will continue to suffer with inferiority complex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Food Item Not Allowed To Take When Traveling From Nigerian To Other Country / Pictures From The Construction Of Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project / The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.