Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,955 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo (25132 Views)

IPOB: Sit-At-Home Enforcers Flog Teacher & Students In Enugu / Sit-At-Home: Helicopter Hovers Over Enugu, Streets Deserted, Schools Shut / Abuja Schools Shut Down As A Truckload Of Bandits Arrives Border Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by EcoBrick: 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
The schools in Imo state, on Monday, could not open for school activities, following the threat of attack by enforcers of the one-week Sit-at-home order by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in Imo.

This is coming about two years after residents in Owerri, stopped observing the IPOB sit-at-home order.

It was gathered in Owerri, from different streets that schools were shut down, based on the directives by Simon Ekpa-led IPOB.

Some of the places where schools were affected by the IPOB sit-at-home include but are not limited to Egbu, Wethedral, World Bank, Owerri-Onitsha road, Owerri -Aba, and Owerri-Port Harcourt roads among others.

A school proprietor, along the MCC/Uratta road, who did not want her name mentioned said the schools decided to shut down because of a letter said to have been written to them by IPOB, “that schools in Owerri, have refused to obey the IPOB sit-at-home, and failure to observe it will result to severe punishment on defaults.

“As a result of this, some of us communicated with other school proprietors and we agreed to stop our students from going to school on Mondays for now. Until security assures us of protection. We don’t want attacks simple. For over a year now, I think up to two years we have been opening for school activities. It is like this threat I think is like is serious.”

Another owner of a school, along Owerri-Aba road, was of the view that, “I think we have do away with this sit-at-home of a thing. How come it is coming back again, I got information that this sit-at-home is not from original IPOB people. These people doing this should know that they are destroying the Igboland. You can’t bring war to your own fathers land. By doing this, our education sector is suffering it.”

However, other sectors affected were the transportation companies traveling outside Owerri, some of the major markets in the state, banking institutions among others.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/schools-shut-by-enforcers-of-sit-at-home-in-imo/

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by TemplarLandry: 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
Funny.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by iammo(m): 6:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
angry

Criminals dictating for educated people to sit at home

Bunch of reprobate

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by beerfraud: 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Only God will save Ibos from the ipob terrorists

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by Dikastan: 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
They should release Nnamdi Kanu because Federal government is also feeling the heat even though they pretended they aren't

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by God1000(m): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Will this madness ever end?

I find it hard to believe that non-state actors are more feared and respected than the government in Southeast today.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by OVB123: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
All we are saying, give us nnamdi kanu.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by MadamExcellency: 6:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Where and when did IPOB issue the one week sit at home order?

Until you understand IPOB, you people should continue fooling around reporting fake news.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by budaatum: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ipob seems to be taking over from boko haram in banning education!

I wonder if people would allow themselves to end up ignorant like cattle herders or end this nonsense.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by Beremx(f): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
I contacted someone living at Owerri and he told me there's sit at home today. For one week? That's ridiculous!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by ODUBEZE: 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
This is why you guys will never reach a solution undecided it will be difficult for you guys to make headway undecided

You have refused to come to terms with the people's pains

You are still living in denial grin grin grin grin

The people voluntarily decided to stay at home on Mondays in civil disobedience to protest the continuous detention of their leader maxi Nnamdi KANU!

Leave drama, Infiltrators, politicians, liars, saboteurs, murderers, force enforcers grin grin grin already know this, deal with it!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by beerfraud: 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
I can proudly say these people are cowards

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by ODUBEZE: 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
Beremx:
I contacted someone living at Owerri and he told me there's sit at home today. For one week? That's ridiculous!
Your friend or you are only deceiving yourselves grin grin liar Mohamed left disciples behind grin

The sit-at-home has been going on for long in the South East since the detention of Nnamdi KANU, it's the people that voluntarily decided

It has nothing to do with individual

You cannot beat a child and ask the child not to cry undecided

Know this and have peace

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by Ola9ja23: 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
Na only Lagos be their problem

Ndi sit at home

Enjoy your the fruit of hatred in peace 😂😀😄

97 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by ODUBEZE: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
I don't understand, why are you the one crying 😭

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by Christistruth03: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
iammo:
angry

Criminals dictating for educated people to sit at home

Bunch of reprobate

Na dem hand State Power to Criminals and Convicts

Many of which had been safely locked up in Jail before Ipob released them

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by iammo(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
Christistruth03:

Na dem hand State Power to Criminals and Convicts

Many of which had been safely locked up in Jail before Ipob released them

They are cowards

Big time

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by RockHard: 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2023
The way MNK and Simon Ekpa succeeded in zombifying Ibo people ought to be studied as a course. As in, a whole region of over 15-million inhabitants under siege by a bunch of wanna-be gangsters posing as freedom-fighters. Smh.

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by ODUBEZE: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2023
budaatum:
Ipob seems to be taking over from boko haram in banning education!

I wonder if people would allow themselves to end up ignorant like cattle herders or end this nonsense.
What had sit-at-home got to do with bombing, raping and killing people

Bokoharams have boldly claimed taken innocent lives yet the government did nothing to curb them but have continue to accuse Igbos of things they have not done undecided

Even Buhari said bokoharam are conducting their businesses grin grin grin

The south easterners called on the government when the Fulani herdsmen were commiting all sort of attrocities on their lands but the FG under Buhari kept quiet

So please who is the terrorist again
undecided

Tinubu "the master strategists" undecided should dialogue with the people or leave them in peace! My 2 cents

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by Cyberterror: 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
How Igbos metamorphosed from a dominant tribe that held sway over Nigeria in the early sixties to a cowardic people that now hide behind locked doors every monday because of one Yahoo boy in Finland is truly amazing cheesy

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by helinues: 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
Is it not time to ask sincerely what SE as a region contribute to Nigeria purse. If the whole region can be closing up every Monday for months now and FG doing as if I don't care, if they are missing up financially there, they would have acted or?

Just curious. Imagine shutting port Harcourt down every Monday, FG go beg

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
Please do your referadum let us deport Mazi to the New country.... Me I don't understand what you enjoy in seeing your people suffer, instead of spending resources to lobby Jagaban, you are busy killing your economy. Onye SE that is not more than Kaduna State. If the Northerner cannot understand your language, shey you can't access your southern brother and talk.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by marlow1962(m): 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2023
See as that ekpa boy just they use una they catch cruise sad
You think punishing your fellow igbo will actualize you Biafra, meh that ekpa is not thinking well, I believe he's doing drugs wherever he is.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by budaatum: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
ODUBEZE:
[b]So please who is the terrorist again undecided[/b

Those terrorising schools to close and forcing people to stay at home and not go about their business are terrorists, and their tactic is the same as bokoharam which is to terrorise people.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by jmoore(m): 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2023
RockHard:
The way MNK and Simon Ekpa succeeded in zombifying Ibo people ought to be studied as a course. As in, a whole region of over 15-million inhabitants under siege by a bunch of wanna-be gangsters posing as freedom-fighters. Smh.

If you have a child and you reside in Imo, would you take your child to school under such threat?

Your army and police can't even protect themselves. They also obey the sit at home. Who controls army and police? FG. So it is the army and police that has been zombiefied.

1 Like

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by LibertyRep: 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
This clearly shows who the people listen to I that place.
Either out of fear or love, no one can categorically state.

However, let no one blame some imaginary forces for this self inflicted pains.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by ODUBEZE: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2023
budaatum:

Those terrorising schools to close and forcing people to stay at home and not go about their business are terrorists, and their tactic is the same as bokoharam which is to terrorise people.
grin grin Hope Uzodinma, Asari Dokubo and their boys bah

A whole FG cannot fish out these enforcers grin grin grin

Ifeanyi Uba has joined these enforcers ooooooo, what has IPOB got to do with all your propagandas

1 Like

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by ODUBEZE: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2023
LibertyRep:
This clearly shows who the people listen to I that place.
Either out of fear or love, no one can categorically state.

However, let no one blame some imaginary forces for this self inflicted pains.
These imaginary forces should leave the people in peace and mind their own business

But no! Na them carry the matter for head pass

People say them no go open on Mondays, you say they must open undecided na your business

It is well!

1 Like

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by Raskimonojendor: 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2023
Some people will avoid this thread..Well-done IPOB grin

I don't blame the parents. Every parent want their kids to be safe.

Ola9ja23:
Na only Lagos be their problem
Ndi sit at home

Enjoy your the fruit of hatred in peace 😂😀😄
They supported Nnamdi Kanu all though when he was parroting hatred against other tribes on radio biafria...

the chickens have now come home to roost.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by Cassandraloius: 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
It doesn't make any sense.
Re: Schools Shut By Enforcers Of Sit-at-home In Imo by Raskimonojendor: 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
budaatum:

100%.

62 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Akeredolu’s Family In Ibadan / Imo Deputy Governor Madumere Resumes Duty (pix...) / Lagos State Distributes Food Items To Military And Para Military Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.