Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima (552 Views)

Gumi: There Are 100,000 Armed Bandits In North-West, Government Should Negotiate / Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril / Ahmed Yerima Plans To Succeed Buhari As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by lacemose(m): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2023
The former governor of Zamfara State, Yerima while speaking has asked that President Tinubu negotiate with Bandits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqNGi3fMGUs

Lalasticlala OAM4J Mynd44 Seun nlfpmod Dominique
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by Hotwest: 7:36am On Jul 04, 2023
One Sponsor spotted!

The North need Nigeria money from the new government as they are no longer incharge

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by Cassandraloius: 7:37am On Jul 04, 2023
Okay.
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 7:37am On Jul 04, 2023
I always said it, northerners are the problem of themselves. See wetin this baba dey talk.
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by duduade: 7:39am On Jul 04, 2023
Why should he negotiate with terrorists

This Yerima is a suspect... I think he has been accused before.. I really can't remember the details

In a sane country he should have been picked up for this sentence

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2023
wetin this one dey talk sef?
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by Dpen11(f): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2023
There will be no time for that Mr
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by yinkus6750(m): 7:42am On Jul 04, 2023
Negotiate?
That's not the language the understand.
Don't worry, with the new service chiefs, it's no longer biz as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by jumper524(m): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2023
Yerima, Gumu and yari are all terrorist beneficiaries.

That's why yari wanted that number three position by all means and was ready to spend billions to achieve it.
Those gold depots in zamfara is what they are trying so hard to control using tribalism and sentiment we have as a yard stick..
But it won't be business as usual again as jagaban of borgu is miles ahead of them.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by Shankdeb(m): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2023
What’s this?
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by jumper524(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2023
yinkus6750:
Negotiate?
That's not the language the understand.
Don't worry, with the new service chiefs, it's no longer biz as usual.
you dey mind the mumu, if anybody should call for negotiation, it definitely shouldn't be him anymore.
He was the same person who as governor negotiated severally with this bandits, an action that furthered emboldened those groups and made them stronger and now he's still calling for negotiation.
Criminal human

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by b3llo(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2023
I don't support government negotiating with people that take laws into their hands. Government should outlaw them and rain hail of fire upon them.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by malali: 7:55am On Jul 04, 2023
Negotiating with bandits.....is conceding power to them.

Dealing with banditry as an African president in a third-world country is a complex task that requires a multifaceted approach. While the strategies can vary depending on the specific context, here are some key strategies that can be effective:

Strengthen law enforcement: Invest in training, equipping, and modernizing law enforcement agencies to enhance their capabilities in dealing with banditry. This includes providing them with the necessary resources, technology, and intelligence support.

Collaborate with neighboring countries: Establish regional cooperation and information-sharing mechanisms to combat cross-border banditry. Strengthening relationships with neighboring countries can facilitate joint operations and intelligence exchanges.

Address root causes: Understand the underlying factors contributing to banditry, such as poverty, inequality, lack of economic opportunities, and social grievances. Implement policies that address these root causes, including job creation, poverty alleviation programs, and inclusive development initiatives.

Community engagement and trust-building: Foster trust between the community and law enforcement agencies through community policing approaches. Encourage citizens to report criminal activities and provide them with channels to voice their concerns. Engage community leaders, religious institutions, and civil society organizations to actively participate in addressing banditry.

Intelligence-led operations: Utilize intelligence gathering and analysis to identify banditry networks, their modus operandi, and key actors involved. Use this information to plan targeted operations to dismantle criminal organizations and apprehend key perpetrators.

Judicial reform and accountability: Strengthen the judicial system to ensure that bandits are swiftly and fairly brought to justice. Enhance the capacity of the judiciary, including specialized courts and dedicated prosecutors, to handle banditry cases effectively.

Regional and international cooperation: Collaborate with regional organizations, such as the African Union (AU) and Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), as well as international partners, to seek support in terms of training, intelligence sharing, capacity building, and resource mobilization.

Socioeconomic development in affected areas: Invest in infrastructure development, education, healthcare, and social services in areas affected by banditry. This can help address the marginalization and grievances that can fuel criminal activities.

Disarmament and demobilization: Implement programs to disarm and reintegrate former bandits into society, providing them with alternative livelihoods and opportunities to discourage them from returning to criminal activities.

Public awareness and communication: Conduct public awareness campaigns to educate citizens about the negative impacts of banditry and the importance of community cooperation in combating it. Promote a culture of reporting criminal activities and providing support to law enforcement agencies.

It's important to note that the specific strategies will depend on the unique circumstances and challenges of each country. Banditry is a complex issue, and a comprehensive and long-term approach is necessary to effectively combat it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by helinues: 7:56am On Jul 04, 2023
Let them first drop theirs arms and ammunition before any negotiation or bombs and bullets on the Bandits and their sponsor
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by 4KNGOATS(m): 8:00am On Jul 04, 2023
lacemose:
The former governor of Zamfara State, Yerima while speaking has asked that President Tinubu negotiate with Bandits

The foolishity idiotizing this mumu man
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by jumper524(m): 8:14am On Jul 04, 2023
The only valid point in his speech is collateral damage.
While it's a valid statement, I think the era of sparing 9 thieves to save one innocent person has caused us much more harm as instead we tend to save 100 thieves while killing 30 more innocent.
Many innocent would suffer but this time banditry would no longer be lucrative if we take rigorous action against these set of people.
This is why I'll be the happiest person on earth should Tinubu make elrufai minister of defence.
Dude no matter how terrible many would attribute him knows how to make his ministry work.
Hes stabilised the kaduna work force and they no longer run on deficit while at same time still service their debts.
Same thing with the FCT and I beleive hell do so at any ministry.

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by muykem: 8:22am On Jul 04, 2023
God punish bandits, terrorist and their sympathisers and financially.
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2023
jumper524:
The only valid point in his speech is collateral damage.
While it's a valid statement, I think the era of sparing 9 thieves to save one innocent person has caused us much more harm as instead we tend to save 100 thieves while killing 30 more innocent.
Many innocent would suffer but this time banditry would no longer be lucrative if we take rigorous action against these set of people.
This is why I'll be the happiest person on earth should Tinubu make elrufai minister of defence.
Dude no matter how terrible many would attribute him knows how to make his ministry work.
Hes stabilised the kaduna work force and they no longer run on deficit while at same time still service their debts.
Same thing with the FCT and I beleive hell do so at any ministry.

Minister of Defence that couldn't protect or visit Kaduna South as a Governor for 8yrs

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by Flets: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2023
Shameless murderers
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by jumper524(m): 8:58am On Jul 04, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Minister of Defence that couldn't protect or visit Kaduna South as a Governor for 8yrs
I'm sure we both know the FG is in charge of security not governors, I'm sure we both know that majority of southern kaduna is located in the rural part of kaduna so you blaming elrufai of not developing there is like blaming state governors for development in state capitals while ignoring rural areas.
Severally elrufai has criticised even Buhari for using soft hands on bandits.
I remembered vividly when elrufai proposed employing foreigners to tackle those bandits CAN opposed it.
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by ODUBEZE: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2023
You won't see those shouting Igbos upandan in this thread grin grin grin

Yet NNAMDI Kanu has been in detention ever since for a lesser offense undecided

Smh

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2023
jumper524:

I'm sure we both know the FG is in charge of security not governors, I'm sure we both know that majority of southern kaduna is located in the rural part of kaduna so you blaming elrufai of not developing there is like blaming state governors for development in state capitals while ignoring rural areas.
I remembered vividly when elrufai proposed employing foreigners to tackle those bandits CAN opposed it.

Are we talking of development or security? Are we talking of empathy, on the spot visit and assessment, assertiveness and proactiveness or I don't care attitude?
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by ahaz: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2023
jumper524:

Jesu christi shai anu mi which CAN oppose what? You Muslims can lie for Aftica, Jesu!
Abeg dont exonerate your crimes against the people of Kaduna and don't use CAN for that your lame excuse..haba!
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by HitlerWasRight: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2023
lacemose:

Your fagbon.

Why you know tell Buhari to negotiate with them ?
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by greatiyk4u(m): 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
That is the mission
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by jumper524(m): 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2023
ahaz:

Jesu christi shai anu mi which CAN oppose what? You Muslims can lie for Aftica, Jesu!
Abeg dont exonerate your crimes against the people of Kaduna and don't use CAN for that your lame excuse..haba!
https://www.nairaland.com/7060061/reject-el-rufais-suggestion-inviting-foreign
Tread was even on nairaland.
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by relaxandsmile: 6:27am On Jul 05, 2023
The way he sounds doesn't look like someone who is saying these things from his heart.
Poverty is not a reason for criminality.
And even at that, who is to take the responsibility of eradicating poverty and ignorance from the citizens.
The North is not doing anything seriously about these two monsters.
How do you compare Niger Delta freedom fighters to these criminals?
They are just disturbing the president.
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by marlow1962(m): 6:39am On Jul 05, 2023
Yes, that's all our government knows how to do. Negotiate with terrorists, give amnesty to terrorists, fund terrorists, even go as far as giving them jobs. But the ones were suffer go school, no even smell cleaner job.
But what do I know🤷🏽‍♂️, a country that the head nigga in charge of terrorism is their vice president and a drug lord their president, what do you expect from such country. Very soon Guatamala will be better than the so called giant of Africa.
Re: Tinubu Should Negotiate With Bandits - Ex Gov Yerima by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 05, 2023
Nonsense talk.

(1) (Reply)

Re Reno Omokiri: How Yorubas Brought Unimaginable Violence To The SW / How Much Has TIEFNUBU Borrowed So Far? / Nigeria Begins Railway Construction To Niger Republic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.