Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage (21430 Views)

How To Know If A Man Wants Only Sex / Is It Right To Discuss What You're Being Charged As Dowry With Your Parent? / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Kobicove(m): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2023
It's not only lades that need to be careful, even men also need to be careful of potential marriage partners cos there are gold diggers everywhere

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Kaiser20: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

True, but we pray never to have traitors in our lives.
What if you are the traitor? Will you kill yourself or you carry on with life
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by BabaIbo: 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
What is the relevancy of this post, such thing has been in existence for long.

Women have been running it on many men since time immemorial na.

Next topic abeg!
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by MindHacker9009(m): 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
In this life, the people close you often hurt you the most, and are the worst enemies of a person.
Trust no one.

Whether na people close or people not close, na who loseguard, them dey scammed. So the truth is never to looseguard
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Jefferyhi86(m): 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
Who don fall don fall, forget rules and regulations

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Fiscus105(m): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2023
ideamonster:
once you're dating anyone and within a few days of the relationship, they're already asking for money/sex, you're being scammed.

You never jam expert in scamming, infact ,he would scam u without asking for sex.

Some would start throwing money at you, to enter and gain her trust, after that, he would come out to milk her dry.
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Crafteck1: 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2023
Isnt marriage itself a scam, especially for men?
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by 7demons: 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2023
ideamonster:
once you're dating anyone and within a few days of the relationship, they're already asking for money/sex, you're being scammed.
So the person you love, you don't have sex with 'em??
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by yemmit90: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2023
phemyhalaby:
One of life's gravest mistakes is to let somebody know that you trust them completely,without any iota of doubt.It gives them the impetus to take advantage of it.No matter how you trust a person let them know you also reserve some doubts about them.This put them in check-El hombre silencioso.

Lolz, Let women hear this.

You will hear "you must trust me if you really loves me". Brothers, run o. All na format, those who fight for this are the most dubious ones.
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Tradepunter2: 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2023
Zigzagman:

those that will betray you are often those who get closest to you.

but you still need to have people in your life.

Thank God you know this..... So when you guys go about attacking the DSS.... Just know the nature of the job with this angle you pointed out been the biggest elephant in the room...
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by triangulation: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
Zigzagman:
nairaland members don't give advice they look for your mistakes and judge you according. If you don't have one, like typographical error they will always manufacture one psychologically to taunts you.
😂😂😂😂😂No truer words have been spoken
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Bigseven(m): 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2023
phemyhalaby:
One of life's gravest mistakes is to let somebody know that you trust them completely,without any iota of doubt.It gives them the impetus to take advantage of it.No matter how you trust a person let them know you also reserve some doubts about them.This put them in check-El hombre silencioso.
you sound like a legend
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Kemadealadire(f): 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
Interesting but you can always tell certain things as a lady even if you aren't 100% sure. Yorubas call it ifunra.
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by LadyRosa(f): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
phemyhalaby:

Apt.
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by TheBillyonaire: 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2023
So a man rips a woman off and its an issue, but women are ripping men off daily and its a non-issue. I get it, we are all hypocrites now.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Calitoscassius(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
Who in the world would want to scam anyone for marriage? You Naigerians never cease to amaze me.
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Octopusssy(f): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2023
Some people ehn. They don't have the fear of God.
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Drayco007(m): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Bleep marriage...
Single till I die
.7baby mamas is the Holy grail 💪
God help me...
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Boyjaco: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Them scam you neat you still dey claim smart dey play 🤣🤣🤣
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by West501(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2023
Zigzagman:
Flee from any lady whose importance and essence of living is tied to finance.

No man lives his full life on earth without challenges. If and when such challenge come, a money conscious lady will abandon him to his fate. So why would a man contemplate keeping such lady around? The word I am looking for is stupidity.

Oil dey ur head
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by mayorofyentown(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
In this life, the people close you often hurt you the most, and are the worst enemies of a person.
Trust no one.
people react differently to different situations. make i end here.
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by pansophist(m): 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
She is naive.

People always leave trails. From the questions they ask you, how they have treated others in the past, if their money is where their mouth is, and many more.

No matter how dark a person's plan against you is, with time and personal experience with them, they will expose themselves and give you the nail and hammer you'll crucify them with.

All you need is patience, an observing eyes, and the right questions/actions. You need truth, and the ability to know the truth. This life no hard, just understand how things work and you'll live with dignity and not be anyone's bitcch.

For the determination of truth, please read my precious comment. I went in great length on it.

https://www.nairaland.com/7809382/share-hidden-secrets-life-thread/3#125246097

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by bahdpersona(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
When in love, half of your brain ceases to function properly. smiley
this statement might sound funny but it is the truth. The Prefrontal cortex part of our brain usually stops working in moments of heightened emotions like love, anger, hatred etc.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by musicwriter(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2023
phemyhalaby:

This is actually an ancient Egyptian philosophy, which states that to find peace in life, one must find balance (maat) in everything we do... even if it's a good thing.

This law states that extremely loving someone is as detrimental as extremely hating someone. Both would achieve the same result!! So, they said that we should instead find a balance and not be at the terminal end of anything if we must find peace of mind.

Over the years, I struggled to rationalize this but the older I get, the more I realize they're right.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by HisChild86: 10:54pm On Aug 24, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
When in love, half of your brain ceases to function properly. smiley
Lust spotted right there
Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:30am On Aug 25, 2023
kingthreat:
If it was a woman scamming the man that happens more than 50% of the time, that will not be an issue. In fact, some people will say it is normal grin

You are correct, most people will say it's normal. It's normal to scam a guy.

This is why I don't mix love and money together, scammers every where you go.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by Basiljoe: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Trust no one.
If you know, you know. Trust No one.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage by ideamonster: 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Who in the world would want to scam anyone for marriage? You Naigerians never cease to amaze me.

you go fear fear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? / Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law / Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.