Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa (565 Views)

The Last Time Nigeria's Economy Was Stable Was A Decade Ago - Wale Edun / Regionalism In 50s&60s, Southeast Economy Was The Fastest Growing In The World / Pictures Of Nigeria Under PDP; When The Economy Was Really 'boomy' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by lexylaw40: 11:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Before πŸ›’ oil was discovered in the niger delta , yes cocoa was Nigeria's mains source of income and also palm oil and groundnuts fro. The North
Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Penguin2: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2023
lexylaw40:
Before πŸ›’ oil was discovered in the niger delta , yes cocoa was Nigeria's mains source of income and also palm oil and groundnuts fro. The North
This is why I don’t blame the Nairalander that said he would never trust any history written by you people.

There was cocoa in the West.

Palm oil in the East.

And groundnut in the north.

These 3 formed the mainstay of the economy of the pre colonial Nigeria.

Stop twisting history.

9 Likes

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by BiafranPatriot: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2023
Of the 3 products it was even the Palm oil and it's various by-products that was the highest revenue earner for the country, before crude oil discovery.

Penguin2:

This is why I don’t blame the Nairalander that said he would never trust any history written by you people.

Palm oil in the East.

Stop twisting history.

4 Likes

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Jogs1900: 11:54am On Jul 07, 2023
Penguin2:

Palm oil in the East.

Stop twisting history.
Did the guy mention the west here?
Even at that there is cocoa and palm oil in the west.
I'm not suppose to quote you but it's necessary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by 7lives: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
BiafranPatriot:
Of the 3 products it was even the Palm oil and it's various by-products that was the highest revenue earner for the country, before crude oil discovery.

Yinmu.

1 Like

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by 7lives: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
BiafranPatriot:

If this is so true, where did Awolowo got the money he used to build the Liberty stadium, Radio station, WNTV, cocoa house, industrial estates, free education and so on?.
Awo also lend 5 million pounds to the Nigerian government at a period or have you not heard?.
Now help me with some of the land marks, that were made from palm oil revenues.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by AfonjaEkiti: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
lexylaw40:

I get am before no be property.

And for your Information check where palm oil was exported from again

Now cry to obalande

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by lexylaw40: 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2023
AfonjaEkiti:

Now cry to obalande

3 Likes

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by AfonjaEkiti: 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
lexylaw40:

Hahahahaha I catch you and screenshot your zenith transaction, I go know your full profile chillax πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by lexylaw40: 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
AfonjaEkiti:

Hahahahaha I catch you and screenshot your zenith transaction, I go know your full profile chillax πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
haha suck a dick
Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by AfonjaEkiti: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
lexylaw40:
haha suck a dick

There was a caught.

You can't do nothing now otilo

1 Like

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by BiafranPatriot: 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
I will NEVER do that, keep languishing in useless Propaganda fed to you by useless EGBONs that tell fairy tales and make you also believe that Oduduwa fell down from the sky.

He lent Β£5million to who? grin

Abeg go and sleep ogbeni

7lives:

If this is so true, where did Awolowo got the money he used to build the Liberty stadium, Radio station, WNTV, cocoa house, industrial estates, free education and so on?.
Awo also lend 5 million pounds to the Nigerian government at a period or have you not heard?.
Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by helinues: 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
AfonjaEkiti:

There was a caught.

You can't do nothing now otilo

Stop being incoherent on topics

Stop derailing threads

Stop the years of trolling

Do something meaningful with your time and life

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by ratiani6: 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
Okay
Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by AfonjaEkiti: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
helinues:

Stop being incoherent on topics

Stop derailing threads

Stop the years of trolling

Do something meaningful with your time and life

You are the one trolling me helinues I am not a homosexual
Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Jogs1900: 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
7lives:

You didn't even mention the Nigeria embassy in the UK that they use till date

2 Likes

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Isobug: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
AfonjaEkiti:

You are the one trolling me helinues I am not a homosexual
You're doing well.,. .....Match them bumper to bumper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Raf4: 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
BiafranPatriot:

And you believe palmoil was/is solely from the east? There is no single state in SW, from Oyo to Osun to Ekiti to Ondo, that does not have palmoil in abundance. Don't forget that both Edo and Delta were part of SW then and they have palmoil in abundance as well. The percentage of palmoil production and exportation between the old SW and old SE should be about 48:52

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Raf4: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
7lives:

What the guy failed to understand is that in terms of volume exported, palmoil might be higher, but in terms of value, cocoa was far higher.
Again, SW still contributed more than 40% of palmoil export, while Cocoa export was about 98% from SW.

3 Likes

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Raf4: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
AfonjaEkiti:

Now cry to obalande

Even about 95% of palmoil from the old SE was from Akwa-Cross axis. They were the ones feeding and paying your bills in SE.

1 Like

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Raf4: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jogs1900:

You didn't even mention the Nigeria embassy in the UK that they use till date

Yes. What they're using as Nigeria house in the UK today belonged to the govt of Western Region, stolen by Aguiyi Ironsi's draconian decree 34

4 Likes

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by AfonjaEkiti: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
Raf4:

Even about 95% of palmoil from the old SE was from Akwa-Cross axis. They were the one feeding and paying your bills in SE.

And you know this sitting in ogbomosho cave?

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Raf4: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
AfonjaEkiti:

And you know this sitting in ogbomosho cave?

That's the bitter truth you would always love to hide. If you have a contrary facts bring it out.

1 Like

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by ehikwe22: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
7lives:

A lot funds were coming from the Midwest palm oil - don't forget that
Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by Jogs1900: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
ehikwe22:

A lot funds were coming from the Midwest palm oil - don't forget that
Likewise from cocoa in the south west.
Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by ratiani6: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Oh yeah

Re: Remember Nigeria Economy Was built On Cocoa by id4sho(m): 11:04pm On Jul 07, 2023
lexylaw40:

How about coal from Enugu, tin and columbite from Jos.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Celebrate Pat Utomi Wife, Ifeoma Utomi On Her 60th Birthday / I Love This Man Called Peter Obi / Tinubu Loses In Court As US Judge Nancy Maldonado Rules In Favour Of Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.