Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,478 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Is Lagoa State Traffic Management Solutions For Private Car Owners Only? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagoa State Traffic Management Solutions For Private Car Owners Only? (141 Views)

Chief Obafemi Awolowo's Private Car in 1979 (photo) / Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car / List Of Lagos State Traffic Offence And Fines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Lagoa State Traffic Management Solutions For Private Car Owners Only? by louso(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2023
I wonder why LASTMA TMS is targeted at Private Car Owners always. While the Public Transport Operators remain Traffic Outlaws; operating with reckless abandon, like they are untouchable.

Most Keke-Marwa riders are...(fill in the gap), and they dont know what Traffic rules are; they jump traffic light, even drag with those on green light and do the unspeakable stunts on Lagos Roads.

Even Kowope Buses(new madness in Lagos), drive on walkway, stay on yellow lines and park right on the road, areas like Ojota, Surulere etc, they carry out their nefarious acts most time in the presence of Lastma Officials(because these crooked Officials are well paid by the Agbero Top Guys so as to look the other way) and at times, they have representatives at the major Busstops collecting tolls for them from the Drivers of Keke, Kowope and danfo...going by the introduction of TMS, I feel it should be extended to the public Transporters especially Keke Marwa and Kowope.

My worry here is that, was LASTMA created to manage Lagos Traffic for free flow of traffic and to ameliorate the suffering of Motorists or to generate money for the Government only. Should their approach be corrective or punitive. I am just wondering!!! We have too many Officials on Lagos Roads wanting to fleece people of their hard earned money, from Lastma, VIO, Road Safety, CBDs, Neighbourhood Watch, Police even Theives sef join.

I am not supporting recklessness on Lagos roads, just concerned that if these Public Transporters are also punished like the Private Owners it will make sense, and it will put them in check. Inadvertently it will stop the nuisance and danger that these public Transporters pose to Users. They are one of the reasons we experience needless traffic on Lagos Roads.

(1) (Reply)

#disqualifytinubunow / Why Tinubu Should Disband The Buhari Media Organisation As A Matter Of Urgency / Ogun: Tribunal Throws Out Pdp's Objection, frowns at alleged forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.