Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality (18769 Views)

"My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / The Matter Of Homosexuality / Are Morality And Ethics Holding Back Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Debater(m): 1:33am On Jul 09, 2023
The Bible contains a few passages that are commonly interpreted as condemning homosexuality, so in my reading, I marked these down:

Leviticus 18:22: "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." This verse is part of the Levitical law code, which provides instructions to the ancient Israelites. It is often cited as evidence of a prohibition against same-sex relations.

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." This verse is another one from the Levitical law code that emphasises a severe punishment for same-sex sexual activity.

Romans 1:26-27: "For this reason, God gave them up to dishonourable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." This passage is from the New Testament epistle of Paul to the Romans. It is often interpreted as a condemnation of same-sex sexual activity.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10: "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." This passage lists various behaviors that the author, Paul, considers sinful, including what is often translated as "men who practice homosexuality."

Genesis 19:4-11: This passage tells the story of the city of Sodom, where the men of the city sought to engage in sexual relations with two angels who appeared as men. While the focus of this story is on the sin of attempted rape and the lack of hospitality, we Christians also interpret it as a condemnation of same-sex sexual activity.

1 Timothy 1:10: This verse is part of a list of vices and sins, and it includes "men who practice homosexuality" among those who are considered contrary to sound doctrine.

Jude 1:7: This verse refers to the city of Sodom and Gomorrah, stating that they "indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire" and serve as an example of undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

THE VIEWS OF DIFFERENT CHURCHES

Different Christian churches and their leaders hold diverse views on homosexuality, although individual believers within each denomination may hold diverse opinions:

Roman Catholic Church: The Catholic Church teaches that homosexual acts are considered sinful, but it emphasises the dignity and worth of every person, including those with same-sex attractions. The Church calls for individuals with same-sex attractions to live a chaste life and seeks to provide pastoral care and support, and also encourages society to pray for them and not condemn them, but their actions.

Eastern Orthodox Church: Similar to Catholicism, the Orthodox Church teaches that homosexual acts are sinful. It emphasizes the importance of marriage between a man and a woman and promotes the practice of chastity outside of marriage.

Anglican/Episcopal Church: The Anglican Communion (including the Episcopal Church in the United States) has experienced internal divisions over the issue of homosexuality. Some dioceses and bishops affirm the full inclusion of LGBTQ+ individuals, allowing same-sex marriages and ordination of openly gay clergy. Others maintain more conservative positions and do not permit same-sex unions or the ordination of openly gay clergy.

Protestant Denominations: Views on homosexuality vary widely among Protestant denominations and individual churches. Some mainline Protestant churches, such as the United Church of Christ, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), and the Presbyterian Church (USA), have embraced more inclusive positions, allowing for same-sex marriage and ordination of LGBTQ+ clergy. Other denominations, such as the Southern Baptist Convention and many conservative evangelical churches, maintain more traditional positions, considering homosexual acts as sinful.

Other Denominations and Independent Churches: There are numerous other Christian denominations and independent churches with a range of views on homosexuality. Some have embraced LGBTQ+ inclusion and affirming theology, while others maintain more conservative positions.

In conclusion my fellow Nairalanders, according to my religious beliefs as a Christian, homosexuality is sinful. The Bible contains verses like Leviticus 18:22 and Romans 1:26-27 that are often interpreted as condemning same-sex relationships. I believe in upholding traditional values and view heterosexual/straight/opposite-sex relationships as the only morally acceptable form of intimacy.

Thank you and Happy Sunday. 🙏❤️

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On Jul 09, 2023
Debater:
In conclusion my fellow Nairalanders, according to my religious beliefs as a Christian, homosexuality is sinful. The Bible contains verses like Leviticus 18:22 and Romans 1:26-27 that are often interpreted as condemning same-sex relationships. I believe in upholding traditional values and view heterosexual/straight/opposite-sex relationships as the only morally acceptable form of intimacy.
Christians say they give their lives to Jesus Christ — God's Law and Covenant in the Kingdom of God—yet they do everything possible to circumvent the very teachings and commandments of God as given to them by Jesus Christ. OP, Jesus Christ rather said that it is the lust in your heart that constitutes a sexual sin against God and not the sexual acts which you carry out afterward.
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.
28 But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, he has already committed that sin with her in his mind. - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 2
It seems that rather than give your life to Jesus Christ — God's Law and Truth— in absoluteness, you have instead given your life to following of religious beliefs, abandoning Jesus Christ and His actual teachings and commandments altogether. lipsrsealed

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by johnw47: 3:31am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Christians say they give their lives to Jesus Christ — God's Law and Covenant in the Kingdom of God—yet they do everything possible to circumvent the very teachings and commandments of God as given to them by Jesus Christ. OP, Jesus Christ rather said that it is the lust in your heart that constitutes a sexual sin against God and not the sexual acts which you carry out afterward. It seems that rather than give your life to Jesus Christ — God's Law and Truth— in absoluteness, you have instead given your life to following of religious beliefs, abandoning Jesus Christ and His actual teachings and commandments altogether. lipsrsealed
28 But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, he has already committed that sin with her in his mind. - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 2

so according to you thinking about comitting adultery is sin, but comitting the sexual act itself is not sin, so dum

Jesus did not say performing the act of adultery is not sin, He said even thinking about it is sin

commiting adultery is sin of the flesh, thinking lustfully about comitting adultery is sin of the mind

Exo_20:14  "You shall not commit adultery.
^^ commit adultery is talking about the act of adultery

Heb 13:4  Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
^^ the marriage bed is to be undefiled , includes not performing the act of adultery

etc. etc. etc.
the bible has much to say on not commiting adultery

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Kobojunkie: 3:43am On Jul 09, 2023
johnw47:
■ so according to you thinking about comitting adultery is sin, but comitting the sexual act itself is not sin, so dum Jesus did not say performing the act of adultery is not sin, He said even thinking about it is sin commiting adultery is sin of the flesh, thinking lustfully about comitting adultery is sin of the mind ....etc. etc. etc.
■ the bible has much to say on not commiting adultery
1. So even though the statement by Jesus Christ is set with a but...
to indicate a separation between the Old commandment and the New, you would rather believe that Jesus Christ meant instead to use and... meaning that not only is there no separation between the definition from the old commandment and the new commandments which He came to give , but Jesus Christ by adding to the Old sinned against God? undecided

2. I am confused. Did you pledge your life to your bible or did you give your life to Jesus Christ? Which one? Cause they are obviously not one and the same. undecided
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by johnw47: 3:55am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
to indicate a difference between the Old commandment and the New, you would rather believe that what Jesus Christ instead meant to say was and... implying there existed no separation between the definition from the old commandment and the new commandments which He came to give instead? undecided
2. I am confused. Did you pledge your life to your bible or did you give your life to Jesus Christ? Which one? Cause they are obviously not one and the same. undecided

that's it, run away from your lie

truly dum dum, commiting adultery is sin:

Exo_20:14  You shall not commit adultery.

Kobojunkie:
it is the lust in your heart that constitutes a sexual sin against God and not the sexual acts which you carry out afterward.
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Jul 09, 2023
johnw47:
■ that's it, run away from your lie. truly dum dum, commiting adultery is sin: Exo_20:14  You shall not commit adultery.
I see I shouldn't have bothered engaging you at all seeing that you quote from the Old Law at me in the name of Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by WatchYourSix: 4:12am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:

to indicate a difference between the Old commandment and the New, you would rather believe that what Jesus Christ instead meant to say was and... implying there existed no separation between the definition from the old commandment and the new commandments which He came to give instead? undecided

Is english an issue for u or u just want to twist the words of Jesus?...ur interpretation of scriptures is very weird...

how is "but" ur determininer here but the "already" in the text means nothing to you....

So why did just tell the woman that was about to killed/stoned : "go and sin no more" if the adultery she commited was not a sin in the first place.??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Kobojunkie: 4:17am On Jul 09, 2023
WatchYourSix:
■ Is english an issue for u or u just want to twist the words of Jesus?...ur interpretation of scriptures is very weird... how is "but" ur determininer here but the "already" in the text means nothing to you....
■ So why did just tell the woman that was about to killed/stoned : "go and sin no more" if the adultery she commited was not a sin in the first place.??
1. I am afraid you lost me. If you have already committed the sin when you had the sexual thoughts, why then do you go around teaching people that it is the sexual act that is sin? undecided

2. This response of yours clearly reveals lack of understanding as far as the separation that exists between the Old Law and the New Law. The woman was to be stoned in connection to the Old Law of Moses and not the teachings of Jesus Christ -- the Gospel --- so can you guess which Law of God she was recorded to have transgressed by her act? . undecided

1 Like

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by johnw47: 4:29am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I see I shouldn't have bothered engaging you at all seeing that you quote from the Old Law at me in the name of Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

you are as dum as false jw's, and like them cannot admit you are wrong

Jesus and me both quote old law:

me
Exo_20:14 You shall not commit adultery.

Jesus
Luk_18:20  "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"

Kobojunkie:
it is the lust in your heart that constitutes a sexual sin against God and not the sexual acts which you carry out afterward.

^^ as dum as they come

1 Like

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by WatchYourSix: 4:37am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid you lost me. If you have already committed the sin when you had the sexual thoughts, why then do you go around teaching people that it is the sexual act that is sin? undecided

2. This response of yours clearly reveals lack of understanding as far as the separation that exists between the Old Law and the New Law. The woman was to be stoned in connection to the Old Law of Moses and not the teachings of Jesus Christ -- the Gospel --- so can you guess which Law of God she was recorded to have transgressed by her act? . undecided

Wait can we use this anology
You elder brother comes and say i know u were told u have done wrong if u step outside today.. but if u look outside through the window u are already guilty of going outside .... so are u saying looking outside the window is now the sin but if u step outside u have not done wrong??

Are u saying u can juat step outside as long as u dont look out the window..u are safe...??

i am aware they accused her on based on the law.....U have a weird way of answering questions ...i asked why did jesus say "go and sin no more" if the adultery she was caught in the act for and was about to be stoned for was not a sin according to you..this question is very clear... if u dont want to respond...thats fine... u dont have to start dancing around the question

7 Likes

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Kobojunkie: 4:56am On Jul 09, 2023
WatchYourSix:
Wait can we use this anology. You elder brother comes and say i know u were told u have done wrong if u step outside today.. but if u look outside through the window u have already done guilty of going outside .... so are u saying looking outside the window is now the sin but if u step outside u have not done wrong?? Are u saying u can juat step outside as long as u dont look out the window..u are safe...??
■ i am aware they accused her on based on the law.....U have a weird way of answering questions ...i asked why did jesus say "go and sin no more" if the adultery she was caught in the act for and was about to be stoned for was not a sin according to you..this question is very clear... if u dont want to respond...thats fine... u dont have to stant dancing around the question
1. The answer to your question can be found in whether or not your elder brother made it known to you that his intention was to give you a new Law/Standard to live by. Jesus Christ made it clear that His intention was not to change the Old Law but rather to give His followers a New Law and Standard---- completely separate from the Old --- to live by undecided

2. You are aware she was a follower of the Old Law and was accused of sin by the Old Law which she lived under, a Law which stipulated that those caught in the act -- sexual action--- of adultery were guilty of the sin of adultery. I don't have a weird way of answering questions. Just waiting for you to realize you are pushing a cart to nowhere with your question there. undecided

The woman was of the Old Law, and caught by those of the Old Law who then proceeded to condemn her according to the Old Law before Jesus Christ stepped in and used the Old Law to stay the hands of her accusers. What part of this are you not getting? undecided

1 Like

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Gage1: 5:18am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
to indicate a separation between the Old commandment and the New, you would rather believe that Jesus Christ meant instead to use and... meaning that not only is there no separation between the definition from the old commandment and the new commandments which He came to give , but Jesus Christ by adding to the Old sinned against God? undecided

2. I am confused. Did you pledge your life to your bible or did you give your life to Jesus Christ? Which one? Cause they are obviously not one and the sa[/b]me. undecided

You are hilarious, imagine were u read about your Jesus Christ from.

Am sure ur not a Christain or ur bend to destroying the foundation of Christianity.

Just by trying to separate the Bible from Jesus Christ, I can point who or what is walking you.
Jusus Christ is the word made flesh.

The main Jesus is in John 1v1 -3
In the beginning was the Word, and the [b]Word was with God
, and the Word was God. 2) The same was in the beginning with God . (3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

This is the beginning of New Testament, stop leading people astray
Calm down.

3 Likes

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by WatchYourSix: 5:28am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The answer to your question can be found in whether or not your elder brother made it known to you that his intention was to give you a new Law/Standard to live by. Jesus Christ made it clear that His intention was not to change the Old Law but rather to give His followers a New Law and Standard---- completely separate from the Old --- to live by undecided

2. You are aware she was a follower of the Old Law and was accused of sin by the Old Law which she lived under, a Law which stipulated that those caught in the act -- sexual action--- of adultery were guilty of the sin of adultery. I don't have a weird way of answering questions. Just waiting for you to realize you are pushing a cart to nowhere with your question there. undecided

The woman was of the Old Law, and caught by those of the Old Law who then proceeded to condemn her according to the Old Law before Jesus Christ stepped in and used the Old Law to stay the hands of her accusers. What part of this are you not getting? undecided

Lol....u are one weird human being....

Can u commit adultery without thinking about it first?? Jesus isnt say the act of adultery is no longer sin ... he is putting us on a higher level of responsibility of righteousness with his explanation in matt 5...because he went further in that context in verse 29/30 saying if ur eyes will cause u to sin, pluck it out..emphasizing on the need to avoid what will lead you to sin....(he ddnt men u should get a knife and pluck ur out out)
Meaning : you shouldnt even lust in your heart at all in the first place because ur heart is the birth place of sin ( as james further emphasized in James 1v 14-15)

I hope u realize this same "but" u are using as a determiner earlier is present in all the explantion of jesus about the laws he explained further in Matthew 5..... for example.

Matthew 5:21-22
[21]“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’
[22] But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Meaning; its not until u kill that u are liable to judgement...Jesus is saying u shouldnt even be angry at your brother in the first place let alone get to the point of killing them.....
. by ur first interpretation..are u saying it okay to murder since that the old law...that jesus is now only saying being angry and calling ur brother a foól is the sin?? Do u see the flaw in ur interpretation??

Again: Jesus is putting us on a higher level of responsibility of righteousness with his explanation in matt 5.... he is not nullifying an act of sin

6 Likes

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Gage1: 5:31am On Jul 09, 2023
johnw47:

you are as dum as false jw's, and like them cannot admit you are wrong

Jesus and me both quote old law:

me
Exo_20:14 You shall not commit adultery.

Jesus
Luk_18:20  "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"

^^ as dum as they come

Don't mind him, his just trying to twist your head and woo others in sexual perversion as the homosexuality itself that you have condemned.

That's what they do , they try and critise wrongly the right gospel but giving another interpretation.

His point is to invalidate the Old Testament which condemn sodomy and make a point that will end up making nonsense of what you expose of them biblically ( his type the homos are busy nodding at his views now)

6 Likes

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Jul 09, 2023
WatchYourSix:
Lol....u are one weird human being....Can u commit adultery without thinking about ur first?? Jesus isnt say the act of adultery is no longer sin ... he is putting us on a higher level of responsibility of righteousness with his explanation in matt 5...because he went further in that context in verse 29/30 saying if ur eyes will cause u to sin, pluck it out..emphasizing on the need to avoid what will lead you to sin....(he ddnt men u should get a knife and pluck ur out out)
Meaning : you shouldnt even lust in your heart at all in the first place because ur heart is the birth place of sin ( as james further emphasized in James 1v 14-15)

I hope u realize this same "but" u are using as a determiner earlier is present in all the explantion of jesus about the laws he explained further in Matthew 5..... for example.

Matthew 5:21-22
[21]“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’
[22] But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Meaning; its not until u kill that u are liable to judgement...Jesus is saying u shouldnt even be angry at your brother in the first place let alone get to the point of killing them.....
. by ur first interpretation..are u saying it okay to murder since that the old law...that jesus is now only saying being angry and calling ur brother a foól is the sin?? Do u see the flaw in ur interpretation??

Again: Jesus is putting us on a higher level of responsibility of righteousness with his explanation in matt 5.... he is not nullifying an act of sin
You are no longer following the conversation at all but shifting in many directions. Please go back through my previous responses to make certain you understand my exact point before you continue. undecided
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Gage1: 5:45am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:

There is nothing like old law or new law, were did you get that from carnal mind.

The fact that you upgrade a car it doesn't stop it's functions but it better the course.

Jesus Christ himself said He didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it.( Mat 5: 17)

Stop going to shrines as church where they will tell you that Biship said God said or ask you to do this and that.

Go to were Bible is preached (I attained Living Faith Church aka Winners were you people say it's prosperity they preached, but i was first made to know the Bible and every other thing is added to that.

3 Likes

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by WatchYourSix: 5:50am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are no longer following the conversation at all but shifting in many directions. Please go back through my previous responses to make certain you understand my exact point before you continue. undecided

Oh now i'm shifting.?? .i stuck to the same adultery issue...and made u see matt 5 further because they had the same context of Jesus explaining the laws further..

with ur claims of superior Undertsanding ...i thought it shouldn't be hard for you follow...

2 Likes

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Jul 09, 2023
WatchYourSix:
■ Oh now i'm shifting.?? .i stuck to the same adultery issue...and made u see matt 5 further because they had the same context of Jesus explaining the laws further..
with ur claims of superior Undertsanding ...i thought it shouldn't be hard for you follow...
1. I didn't claim superior understanding but rather absolute acceptance of the separation between the Old and the New Law and the Truth of God within. undecided

So what you are saying is you would rather believe that God punishes people both for lusting after another woman in their hearts AND when they engage in sexual acts following those lustful thoughts...God judges fornicators twice as many times more than say liars, and thieves for instance. That is your idea of a higher standard as far as God is concerned? undecided
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Uten9z(m): 6:14am On Jul 09, 2023
Thank you for the beautiful contex about biblical immorality (homosexuality ) condemnation, I never see it this far.

Here was my layman's updates abt the developments.
https://www.nairaland.com/7678184/modern-society-remove-gender-facilities

Happy Sunday
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by WatchYourSix: 6:20am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I didn't claim superior understanding but acceptance of the separation between the Old and the New. undecided

So what you are saying is you would rather believe that God punishes people both for lusting after another woman in their hearts AND when they engage in sexual acts following those lustful thoughts...God judges fornicators twice as many times more than say liars, and thieves for instance. That is your idea of a higher standard as far as God is concerned? undecided

Its not judging twice...its once...its the same sin of adultery.....

....jesus came to show us righousness which also includes how to actually walk the talk....

dont commit adultery...Jesus is saying with matt 5v17..dont even have sex with the person in ur heart...

Donr kill..jesus is U dont have to kill before u are wroñg....dont even think about evil towards ur brother...

It is said U can divorce ur wife by giving her certificate.. jesus is sating no...dont divorce ur wife unless she's unfaithful..meaning u cant just wake up and give her certificate of divorce because moses says u can..

U might not agree...matt 5 is jesus putting us on a more higher level of demands of holiness/ righteousness ....he even said it...that our righousness must exceed that of the Pharisees

3 Likes

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Uten9z(m): 6:24am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I didn't claim superior understanding but rather absolute acceptance of the separation between the Old and the New Law and the Truth of God within. undecided

Why is he suppose to accept the separation of rhe bible ?

How can kingdom divide against itself ?

Why add or remove from the word of God?

What particular sin are you trying to find justification for, is it the homosexuality or it's really about not casting the stone on the woman?

Should that make make Jesus a seperative ? Because I heard he was also condemned for saying "your sins are forgiving" and the withered handwere stretched.

1 Like

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Kobojunkie: 6:27am On Jul 09, 2023
WatchYourSix:
Its not judging twice...its once...its the same sin of adultery..
■ ..jesus came to show us righousness which also includes how to actually walk the talk....
■ dont commit adultery...Jesus is saying with matt 5v17..dont even have sex with the person in ur heart...
■ Donr kill..jesus is U dont have to kill before u are wroñg....dont even think about evil towards ur brother... U can divorce ur wife by giving her certificate.. jesus is sating no...dont divorce ur wife unless she's unfaithful..meaning u cant just wake up and give her certificate of divorce because moses says u can..
■ U might not agree...matt 5 is jesus putting us on a more higher level of demands of holiness/ righteousness ....he even said it...that our righousness must exceed that of the Pharisees
1. The same sin of adultery by the same standard of Old or a New standard? undecided

2. Is this the same righteousness as the righteousness of the Old Law of Moses or of a different standard? undecided

3. Just so you realize, if you are insisting here that Jesus Christ was teaching the same Old Law then what you do is accused Jesus Christ of sinning against God who warned that no one should add, change or remove from His Law. undecided

4. Again, it is a sin to change or add or remove to or from the details of God's Law. undecided

5. Higher level of holiness? Higher level of Righteousness? I am afraid I don't even know what any of that even means.
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Uten9z(m): 6:30am On Jul 09, 2023
WatchYourSix:

Its not judging twice...its once...its the same sin of adultery.....

....jesus came to show us righousness which also includes how to actually walk the talk....

dont commit adultery...Jesus is saying with matt 5v17..dont even have sex with the person in ur heart...

Donr kill..jesus is U dont have to kill before u are wroñg....dont even think about evil towards ur brother...

U can divorce ur wife by giving her certificate.. jesus is sating no...dont divorce ur wife unless she's unfaithful..meaning u cant just wake up and give her certificate of divorce because moses says u can..

U might not agree...matt 5 is jesus putting us on a more higher level of demands of holiness/ righteousness ....he even said it...that our righousness must exceed that of the Pharisees

You b pastor no be lie grin
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Kobojunkie: 6:35am On Jul 09, 2023
Uten9z:
■ Why is he suppose to accept the separation of rhe bible ?
■ How can kingdom divide against itself ?

Why add or remove from the word of God?...
1. If you have ever read that book you will find that it is separated in to 99 different books each of which were penned at different points in time and by different authors. undecided
Try to reason that fact well before you continue so you come to see how even the Old Law of Moses which was given by God to the people of Israel as the Constitutional Law in the Nation of Israel and land of Canaan is in fact a separate Law from the Gospel which happens to be the Constitutional Law in God's special Nation of Priests aka the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by WatchYourSix: 6:49am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The same sin of adultery by the same standard of Old or a New standard? undecided

2. Is this the same righteousness as the righteousness of the Old Law of Moses or of a different standard? undecided

3. Just so you realize, if you are insisting here that Jesus Christ was teaching the same Old Law then what you do is accused Jesus Christ of sinning against God who warned that no one should add, change or remove from His Law. undecided

4. Again, it is a sin to change or add or remove to or from the details of God's Law. undecided

5. Higher level of holiness? Higher level of Righteousness? I am afraid I don't even know what any of that even means.

1..old or new standard...adultery is adultery its wrong to desire someone's wife and then go ahead to sleep with her......the new standard says dont even think about doing it let alone actually doing it.

2.the standards of jesus

3. Jesus is not teaching old law...he's emphasizing on the demands of holiness under the new covenant...

4. U have not read where jesus said ur righteousness must exceed that of the pharisee??.......i am afraid i cant help u any further on this

1 Like

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Uten9z(m): 7:06am On Jul 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If you have ever read that book you will find that it is separated in to 99 different books each of which were penned at different points in time and by different authors. undecided
Try to reason that fact well before you continue so you come to see how even the Old Law of Moses which was given by God to the people of Israel as the Constitutional Law in the Nation of Israel and land of Canaan is in fact a separate Law from the Gospel which happens to be the Constitutional Law in God's special Nation of Priests aka the Kingdom of God. undecided

I am still studying the Bible and I know that it is a living spring of water , that means it flows from one point to another(time difference ) ' oh yes there is time variations to information. that is it's kept been validated and reaffirm and carried by prophets of the law from one chapter to another, which ever story there was to tell the convent given Moses was behind it (the Testament , ordinances, law convants ) on till when Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary that the veils rented so that every one can have acess to it, which is God to you and I . Now we all have the Bible in our rooms but then it was was 1st given to Moses.

Take it this way water is water anywhere at what ever time in what ever place, just the concentration of its contents and substances it contains that makes it look and taste differently.

Still learning but the pastor @op is telling better , I suggest you listen to him and drop this 5G contex and understanding of God.
God is thesame yesterday , today and forevermore . [b]Besides heaven and shall pass away but the word of God will rem[/b]ain

1 Like

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by delkuf(m): 7:40am On Jul 09, 2023
WatchYourSix:

Is english an issue for u or u just want to twist the words of Jesus?...ur interpretation of scriptures is very weird...

how is "but" ur determininer here but the "already" in the text means nothing to you....

So why did just tell the woman that was about to killed/stoned : "go and sin no more" if the adultery she commited was not a sin in the first place.??
He just want to twist it. That is his agenda here on nl. Anytime someone make a post, so that others does not benefit from the post, he twist it. He is doing the bidding of his master

3 Likes

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by WatchYourSix: 8:19am On Jul 09, 2023
Uten9z:

You b pastor no be lie grin

I no be pastor oooooo
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by Righteousness2(m): 8:22am On Jul 09, 2023
Do not follow this sinking world.
Homosexuality is wickedness.
Homosexuality is evil
Homosexuality is abomination.
Homosexuality provokes the wrath of GOD.
Homosexuality is demonic.
Homosexuality will sink all that are involed in it and those that support in the lake of fire.

3 Likes

Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by PhoneSaviour(m): 8:22am On Jul 09, 2023
DEATH SENTENCE TO ALL HOMOSEXUALS
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by finallybusy: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2023
I will find answers if an afterlife exists. For now, I choose to live to the best of my ability.
Re: Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality by WatchYourSix: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2023
delkuf:
He just want to twist it. That is his agenda here on nl. Anytime someone make a post, so that others does not benefit from the post, he twist it. He is doing the bidding of his master

I think every one views every topic differently including scriptures.... kobojunkie just has a weird way of interpreting scriptures.... to me, i just feel that he doesnt consider the entire context which makes his interpretation have an isolated meaning.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With Prophecy / TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University / What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.