Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore (52713 Views)

5 Early Signs Of Breast Cancer That Almost All Women Ignore! / List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) / Mycoplasma Genitalium: What To Know About The New Sexually Transmitted Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by PublicHealthNig: 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), also known as sexually transmitted infections (STIs), are infections that are primarily spread through sexual contact. They can be caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites, or fungi. STDs can affect both men and women, and they can have serious health consequences if left untreated.

Globally, the number of people affected by STDs is quite significant. According to the World Health Organization , more than 1 million sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are acquired every day worldwide, the majority of which are asymptomatic. These infections (STIs) occurred mostly among individuals aged 15-49 years. This includes infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and trichomoniasis. These figures do not include viral infections like HPV or herpes.

Nigeria has reported a high burden of sexually transmitted infections. According to the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) in Nigeria, in 2019, there were approximately 1.9 million new cases of sexually transmitted infections in the country. This figure includes both curable STIs like chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis, as well as viral infections like HIV.

There are many different types of STDs, each with its own set of symptoms, transmission methods, and treatments. Some common examples of STDs include:

Chlamydia: A bacterial infection that can affect both men and women. It can cause genital pain, discharge, and inflammation, but it often has no symptoms.
Gonorrhea: Another bacterial infection that can cause similar symptoms to chlamydia. It can also lead to complications if left untreated.
Syphilis: A bacterial infection that progresses in stages and can cause a variety of symptoms, including sores, rashes, and systemic illness if not treated.
Human papillomavirus (HPV): A viral infection that is very common and can lead to genital warts and certain types of cancers, including cervical, anal, and throat cancer.
Herpes: A viral infection that causes recurrent outbreaks of painful blisters. It can be caused by two types of herpes simplex viruses, HSV-1 and HSV-2.
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV): A viral infection that attacks the immune system and can lead to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). HIV is primarily transmitted through unprotected sexual intercourse, sharing needles, or from mother to child during childbirth or breastfeeding.

Hepatitis B and C: Viral infections that primarily affect the liver. They can be transmitted sexually, through sharing needles, or from mother to child during childbirth.

Early Signs of Sexually Transmitted Diseases You Should Not Ignore

Recognizing the early signs of STDs is crucial for timely diagnosis and treatment. Many STDs may initially present with mild or even no symptoms, making it essential to be aware of potential signs and seek medical attention if you suspect you may have been exposed these are not the fictitious blue waffle disease or HIV that take months for symptoms to manifest. In this section, we will discuss some common early signs of STDs that you should not ignore.

Unusual Discharge: Abnormal genital discharge can be a sign of several STDs. For instance, a yellowish or greenish discharge from the vagina or penis could indicate a bacterial infection like gonorrhea or trichomoniasis. Women may also experience a frothy discharge with a strong odor, which could be a symptom of trichomoniasis.
Pain or Burning Sensation: Pain or a burning sensation during urination can be a sign of an STD. It is commonly associated with infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhea. Both men and women may experience discomfort or pain while passing urine when infected with these bacteria.
Genital Sores or Bumps: The presence of sores, blisters, or ulcers in the genital area is often a symptom of certain STDs, including herpes and syphilis. These sores may be painful, itchy, or tender. It's important to note that not all STDs cause visible sores, and some infections like chlamydia and gonorrhea may not produce any external signs.
Genital Itching or Irritation: Persistent itching or irritation in the genital area can be a symptom of various STDs. It may be caused by the presence of pubic lice (crabs), scabies, or a fungal infection like candidiasis. These parasites or fungi can be transmitted through sexual contact and cause discomfort.
Abdominal Pain or Pelvic Discomfort: Some STDs, particularly pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), can lead to abdominal pain or discomfort. PID is often caused by untreated chlamydia or gonorrhea and can result in severe complications if left unaddressed. Women experiencing persistent pelvic pain or discomfort should seek medical attention promptly.
Rashes or Skin Lesions: Certain STDs can manifest as rashes or skin lesions on the genitals or other areas of the body. Syphilis, for instance, can cause a painless, round, and firm sore called a chancre. These sores often go unnoticed as they are painless and may heal on their own. However, the infection progresses if left untreated, potentially causing severe health issues.
Β 
Conclusion

Recognizing the early signs of sexually transmitted diseases is crucial for prompt diagnosis and treatment. If you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above or suspect you may have been exposed to an STD, it is vital to seek medical attention. Remember, many STDs can be effectively treated with medications, and early intervention can help prevent complications and reduce the risk of transmission to others. Practicing safe sex, getting regular STD testing, and open communication with your healthcare provider are key to maintaining sexual health.

Source: https://www.publichealth.com.ng/early-signs-of-sexually-transmitted-disease-you-should-not-ignore/

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
Seun nlfpmod Dominique be moving this type of topics to front page because these boys in your forum are walking STDs, different topics of std everyday. Help them help their life.

14 Likes

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by slawomir: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

But the truth is if you are niggar and you never get any infection from this our baby girls before then you are not a real niggar

Females get alot of infection
The worse part of it is that it doesn't torment them the way it torment we men
It can stay in their body for even years

But once it gets into our body then two weeks maximum we begin to scrash

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by Pharmacy24: 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
Speak to a pharmacist 24/7

3 Likes

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by iscom(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
OK
Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by Houseofglam7(f): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
I’ve seen a lot in the health section of this forum 😩😩😩😩😩😩

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by Houseofglam7(f): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
IconicR:
Seun nlfpmod Dominique be moving this type of topics to front page because these boys in your forum are walking STDs, different topics of std everyday. Help them help their life.

Buhahahahahahahahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£
Those photos they keep uploading have scarred me for life 😩

1 Like

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by halaqasa: 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Γ’mΓ² e go be jare

1 Like

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by id4sho(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Naija girls and spreading infection be like 5&6 tongue

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by 96ACE: 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by KingTom(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Another thing that should be noted is the use of unverified herbs that more often than not complicate issues grin also the ones who declare themselves online doctors prescribing antibiotics upandan

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by vincenteger: 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
All these for fornicators and their derivatives.
Una well-done

4 Likes

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by brian91(m): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Informative and Insightful.
What baffles me is the boldness of both gender toward reckless, unprotected sexual intercourse. Knowing that the younger ones are so exposed to sex and don't know it goes beyond the pleasure of ejaculation/orgasm undecided

Those who are more prone to this STI are the female gender cos their body system could harbor it for long without knowing angry remember the ones with cute/pretty face, firm body(male/female) might be a carrier of STI by concealing their identity to order/pick their meds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by SMJay: 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
smiley
Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by ednut1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Abeg why is female condom not popular
Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Houseofglam7:

Buhahahahahahahahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£
Those photos they keep uploading have scarred me for life 😩
I saw an infected penis uploaded by one of them and instantly vomited the yam and egg sauce I was eating. The number of infected joysticks I've seen on this Nairaland is heartbreaking and depressing. Fresh and healthy joysticks are scarce so 😭

5 Likes

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by butpro(m): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hiv is not contacted sexually
Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by urchman3000(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2023
This man. Na everything be damn nigga ?

1 Like

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by ideatoprince18(m): 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
May the Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore favor me and my family

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by Bencolink: 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nice piece
Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by MuslimIgbo: 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
grin grin
My wish for all these girls - WH0RES involved in multiple datings and sleeping with married men is for them do die of STDs and HIV or be used for ritual purpose.
May the married ones not enjoy their marriage as well

AMEN cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by wittywriter: 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2023
sex is overated in the world...

Wittyness

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by Georgejeez: 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
IconicR:
I saw an infected penis uploaded by one of them and instantly vomited the yam and egg source I was eating. The number of infected joysticks I've seen on this Nairaland is heartbreaking and depressing. Fresh and healthy joysticks are scarce so 😭

Egg source ko , Egg Whereabouts ni .

Boldly say , Yam and Palm oil , we wouldn't flog you grin grin cheesy

30 Likes

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by ruggedtimi(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
Where the early signs dey
Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by casualobserver: 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2023
Being an Obidient is also a sure sign of cohabitating sexual and incurable mental diseases.

6 Likes

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2023
Georgejeez:

Egg source ko , Egg Whereabouts ni .

Boldly say , Yam and Palm oil , we wouldn't flog you grin grin cheesy
Yam and palm oil is still bae and a native combination so I don't see why I have to impress anyone using a simple meal. Or is it such a big deal for you? Or are you having one of those kind of joysticks? Ewwww

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by NBAjunior: 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2023
You fall for am abi?
Re: Early Signs Of Sexually Transmitted Disease You Should Not Ignore by Houseofglam7(f): 5:44pm On Jul 09, 2023
IconicR:
I saw an infected penis uploaded by one of them and instantly vomited the yam and egg source I was eating. The number of infected joysticks I've seen on this Nairaland is heartbreaking and depressing. Fresh and healthy joysticks are scarce so 😭

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Chopped Off Own Penis, Had It Reattached, And Still Has Erections / Woman's Huge Fibroid Surgically Removed In Lagos. Graphic Photos / Snake Inside Wash Hand Basin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.