Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki (1181 Views)

David Okon Donates 5 Storey-Building To Tinubu Support Groups In Calabar / The Beautiful City Of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (pics/video) / Victor Umeh Gifts Car To Offiah Twins, Francis And Cornelius Ordained Priests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
In sheer delight and gratitude to God, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Francis Ogbonna Nwifuru - Governor, Ebonyi State, yesterday attended the Priestly Ordination of Rev. Frs. Onyia Chidiebere; Mbamini Lawrence; Ogbonna Williams; Nwokpuru Kingsley and Eze Fidelis, by His Lordship, Most. Rev. Dr. Peter Nworie Chukwu at St. Theresa's Catholic Cathedral, Abakaliki.

In his usual philanthropic manner and felicitations to the newly ordained, he donated five brand new cars, befitting for the fine new priests to assist them in the work of God in Abakaliki Diocese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ygB19K3Hg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by estyvino(m): 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
The newly priest should also breath

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Simpatico36: 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2023
Congrats to them. He's beginning on a good note.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Simpatico36: 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
estyvino:
The newly priest should also breath
They are breathing already grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by isan(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
By wasting tax payers money
Simpatico36:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by isan(m): 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Thhe stupid priests will also accept the gift knowing the masses will suffer for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
They will go and be flexing in the hotels, some of these priest do the most ehn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2023
isan:
Thhe stupid priests will also accept the gift knowing the masses will suffer for it
What do you mean

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 8:21pm On Jul 09, 2023
IconicR:
They will go and be flexing in the hotels, some of these priest do the most ehn.
Have you seen any of them doing evil?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
Very good of the governor for such action.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by RenaissanceGuy: 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
Buying of loyalty. This is what you'll never see happen in a developed country.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Buying of loyalty. This is what you'll never see happen in a developed country.
This is not about buying of loyalty. They have no business with the governor. D governor just did what he should do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
isan:
By wasting tax payers money

So buying of car for priest is now wasting of payers money?? Is that what u call waste in ur own understanding?

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Wow!. But is this necessary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Very good of the governor for such action.
Yes ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2023
darling4242:
Wow!. But is this necessary

Is necessary. He's a Catholic Nd he just got New priests.
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by CrownOfClay724: 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Better be from his personal purse.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2023
CrownOfClay724:
Better be from his personal purse.

Even if na government purse, e still no bad gan
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nsogbu001:

Have you seen any of them doing evil?
They go to hotels to engage in sex secretly with their girlfriends, you don't know what these priests especially these young ones do

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Ihateheadslamer: 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
I consider this as a waste of resources angry
Simpatico36:
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Zupay: 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2023
Their home Parishes have been relieved of getting them vehicles as their welcome home gifts but the Governor ought not to though I know this is more of PR. cheesy
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by CrownOfClay724: 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nsogbu001:

Even if na government purse, e still no bad gan

I disagree.
A serious government does not do giveaway to religious organisations with what it should have expended on improving the wellbeing of the general public.

I was a Catholic... And I am sure the Church is rich enough to give each of them a Flying Spur if money is the problem..

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Racoon(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2023
Leave priest alone oga. Ebonyians are poor civil servants who were greatly impoverished by Dave Umahi though he really work.
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2023
CrownOfClay724:

I disagree.
A serious government does not do giveaway to religious organisations with what it should have expended on improving the wellbeing of the general public.

I was a Catholic... And I am sure the Church is rich enough to give each of them a Flying Spur if money is the problem..

These ppl are the first to be ordained as he assumed office. These are young men who will NEVER marry. They Re just there to give back to the society and u say that's bad?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
Racoon:
Leave priest alone oga. Ebonyians are poor civil servants who were greatly impoverished by Dave Umahi though he really work.

That Ebonyians are poor means young men who are gave all their being to humanity shouldn't get a car?
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2023
Zupay:
Their home Parishes have been relieved of getting them vehicles as their welcome home gifts but the Governor ought not to though I know this is more of PR. cheesy

That's the point. The poor in the parishes will breath
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 9:02pm On Jul 09, 2023
IconicR:
They go to hotels to engage in sex secretly with their girlfriends, you don't know what these priests especially these young ones do

Have you seen any of them in the hotel or just hearsay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Zupay: 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nsogbu001:

That's the point. The poor in the parishes will breath

At times someone who is not based in the village and doing financially well would offer to donate the vehicle on behalf of the Parish.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by seniorgozman(m): 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
Zupay:
I doubt, they will also receive from their home parish. It's their entitlement, this one is just a gift. If they are from rich homes, they will also get a 3rd car
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Zupay:

At times someone who is not based in the village and doing financially well would offer to donate the vehicle on behalf of the Parish.

U know it very well
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by Nsogbu001(m): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2023
seniorgozman:

I doubt, they will also receive from their home parish. It's their entitlement, this one is just a gift. If they are from rich homes, they will also get a 3rd car

Not all, in my own parish, it was given to him. So, definitely he's gonna use that of Governor
Re: Ebonyi State Governor Donates 5 Cars To The Newly Ordained Priests Of Abakaliki by christejames(m): 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
Africa 🌍

Nwifuru, this is not what you were elected to do na... undecided

Ebonyi state needs large human capital development

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video As Edo Deputy Governor, Phillip Shaibu Packs Out Of Govt. House / The Joy Of Sidelining The Igbos. / Update: CSU Begins Collation of Tinubu’s Academic Records For Hand Over To Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.