Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,182 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil (23485 Views)

Four Failed Cbn’s Attempts To Arrest Naira Free Fall / Customers Get Boutique Owner Arrested For Selling Fake Slippers For 8k In Asaba / Reps Ask EFCC, ICPC To Arrest Mike Adenuga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Mightyiyke: 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2023
You dey smoke igbo
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Porksupplyib: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2023
Bfly:
They helped you to sow a seed to humanity, you dey para. Appreciate him for saving your brother and putting roof on your Father, Also let them know your consent is very important on how they manage your belongings . But don't keep your treasure with them again. Making money is a mind something. You got the mind already. Not even those palm oil will make you rich in the long run. It is just a start.

Your anger is justified but dont let the sun go down on it.

God bless you
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by LivingSage: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2023
Stay away from his father angry

What an advisor

So you prefer his brother's death to his investment?
Ashirioluwa:
@hardtotrust

He sold your investment goods without your notice. Are you sure this man is your real father? What your father did to you is disgusting and terrible.

Your father has done his worst, and I will not advise you to act stupid. You can confront him and let him know how angry you are, but don't involve the police or arrest him.

Even if you get him arrested, where will he get the money to repay you?

As it is now, I will advise you to move on and stay away from him so you don’t do something that you will regret for the rest of your life.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Jetbound: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
UrPapa:
You need to act bro. This is cheating of the highest order. You should not look away from this act and make sure he’s prosecuted
First report him to soldiers. Let dem give him a very good beating
Then after, you can call the police so they take him to station for further interrogation and beating
From there, he’ll be charged to court and sent to jail

Pls don’t try this. You’ll end up paying more than you’ve lost. Just learn and move on. Life is not that deep. I hope your business bounces back ❤️
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by ItisWell22(f): 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

EXactly the op is a bitter vengeful demon. I'd this type has money he will never help anyone he sounds demonic. How can a sane person even reason arresting his father for saving his younger brothers life and repairing the roof where they sleep.

My exact thought too.

If he feels this way about his blood, how this one wan do girlfriend or wife and friends? 😥😫
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Zezco(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2023
This is unfair but for the sake of your brother they use part of the money to do hernia surgery please forgive him.
Hardtotrust:
I need good advice on what to do.

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by CodeTemplar: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
Two points.

- You are angry at your father.

- Arresting him won't bring that money back.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Ahmedie28(m): 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
Reading your post has made me cry furiously, definitely the world is coming to an end, how can you even thought of arresting your father, just because of an ordinary palm oil,
As it is now, seek his forgiveness before it too late for you to do so.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by tiger28: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
UrPapa:
You need to act bro. This is cheating of the highest order. You should not look away from this act and make sure he’s prosecuted
Then after, you can call the police so they take him to station for further interrogation and beating
See comment!

Report your father to Soldiers, "let them give him a very GOOD Beating "

Why not just report him to Police as it's a civil matter

You must be from SE........

Omoluabis will never think of getting Soldiers to beat their Fathers no matter what.

Pathetic!
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by OloyeVIII: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
kweensheba:
Aptly stated. Is blood no longer thicker than water?
Lol, I can tell you "Blood is thicker than Gold".. Bro my late uncle in the 80s sent money home from Yankee to build a home, his younger bro used his money to fly around.(to be the first man in my ville to travel by air domestically) this guy passed away, without owing 1 block. Nobody hear am, today a former Gov. son married the my flying uncle's daugther, if you see wetin dem build for the late guy... i feel the grace has departed him to his bro whose life he saved, make the guy no show am Oba later for future based on wetin fit don play for house, before him type this.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Thatsammie(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
If the roof had landed on your father or younger brother, perhaps resulting to death or serious injury, wouldn't you have helped?
Have you built your own house? Is it not the same house you stay whenever you travel home?
You are even lucky that your dad could build one putting into consideration everything you said about your family.
Who inherits the house if he's no more? Selling your palm oil to solve a family problem that would have brought ridicule and name calling to your family is worth it bro.
Enjoy your day!

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by ekpesa(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
From your story line, you be my fellow Akwaibomite, be grateful to God for being able to come to the rescue for your family.
Above all" honour your father so that thy days may be long here on earth"

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Emaprince: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
michlins:

Just find a way to move forward with your wife but no matter what you do, do not marry yet.
move forward with your wife...but don't marry yet...in the same sentence.

Teach me something

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by ojeshola: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
I just hope this isn't another way of stylishly looking for sympathy
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Westwood2580: 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:
Some of you are saying he did the right thing. Assuming the money I used to buy the oil wasn't even mine? What if it was contribution money or a loan somewhere?
If u wan arrest am go ahead and do it. Na ur name u go spoil beside not us
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by sonofsteven: 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
UrPapa:

And then be happy that he sent his father to prison,besides court no fit entertain such or even send am go jail,e no possible

I was thinking the father used the money to drink or womanize ... well what he did with the money wasn't bad, it's an urgent situation that needs urgent attention

Besides, you fit pay for the housing and clothing they provided when you were born till you left?

Give him a break, this is how it is done

When money dey, buy and keep in the city or better still, find something to be investing the money in as e dey come,u dey invest

Na who get plenty dey keep money to make much profits in months

Turn up is the best for those wey no get excess money

Forget the matter and move on, your brother is alive and they can sleep in the house

Were you expecting them to be sleeping in that condition pending when you have money??

God wey give you the 150k,go still provide
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by forexprophet(m): 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
Who sent you to school?
Who fed you till you grow up
Who gave birth to you
Who suffered several things because you
You are supposed to be helping him out now
You should be ashamed of yourself
You have the efontry to think of arresting your day who bore you
Try it am see...if your life doesn't become miserable as a result of CURSES.
Manage him like that till he died.
Any attempt to do otherwise... will make you not to live long.
You have never seen the verse that says honor your parents so that you can live long and it will be well with you.

But I know, if na mumu you be, you go still dey argue with me.

And if you are angry with me For telling you this, then you a grass eating GOAT!!!

Hardtotrust:
I am very very angry right now. I couldn't sleep last night. That is why I'm bringing this here this morning before I do something very bad. A father should be after the growth of his son and not after ruining him.

Please you guys should help me look into this matter. I understand that it was a matter of life and important concern.

I'm seriously struggling in the city to eck a living for myself and do the little I can for my family also. My father was a petty trader who hardly can provide adequate for the family. Some of us who come from a very poor background would understand this better. I mean coming from where absolutely nothing is kept for you. No support from the family and nothing, nothing and nothing. You are the one who die and same you would have to pour yourself water to come back to life. You, you and only you.

I buy fast consuming products and supply to people and make some gains from there. Sometimes I hawk the products. I was able to save up to N150k. Around May this year, I went to the village and bought some rubbers of palm oil and store them to sell around November/December and make gains.

Last week, I got a call that wind pulled off our house roof in the village. Since they are using small torchlight phone, I didn't get to see how serious the situation was. Even though I didn't have money, I sent N15k to help fix it. My father later called me and complained bitterly on why I sent just 15k, that according to the carpenter, that materials and workmanship would cost N65k. In my mind, I was just like, does this man even know how I survive here in the city?

For two nights, they didnt sleep in the house as the wind pulled off the rooof.

On Tuesday, I learnt my younger brother was being operated of Hernia. I know about the hernia but was under plan to raise money for it. And I knew there was no money to settle medical bills for operation. So I was shocked where they got the money to do operation.

As I traveled down yesterday to see them, dear Nairaland friends, all my rubbers of palm oil has been sold and the money spent on fixing the roof and paying for the medical bills for the hernia operation without my notice.

I am not taking this kindly with my father who engineered the whole thing and I want to arrest him to refund my money.

That is my life investment and it took me so much to raise the amount. Due to how things are now. I even wanted to sell two rubbers to invest back as the business is facing challenges now.

What should I do here to recover my money back? If I have another money, I would over look it but that is my life investment of my labour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by inforesource: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

Anybody who is telling you act now or arrest them are not advising you well. It is so sad that your savings went that way. I have experienced even worse scenarios but when it comes to family matters, you have to be wise. It's going to be tough but walk away and make a decision that check future occurrence.

Walk away. Establish your anger but no need for too much noise.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by sonofsteven: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:
Some of you are saying he did the right thing. Assuming the money I used to buy the oil wasn't even mine? What if it was contribution money or a loan somewhere?

Who takes a loan to invest in a business that will take months to mature?

You take loans for turn up business so to make much more profit b4 deadline

You sound like a child or someone with ara mgbaraku
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Blackman101: 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2023
let it go, the money was spent on a good course by your father.
Yes very painful but something that is what life throw at us.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by PROPHETmichael: 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2023
See what poverty has done to your mentality.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by GboyegaD(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2023
The deed is done and I will advice you overlook it a d please, don't let the same repeat itself again.

To those who think the dad did right by selling it without his permission, you all are the problem of Nigeria. It is a sense of entitlement and tells how corrupt we are as a people.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by ottersberger(m): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

Buy a bottle of your father's favorite whiskey to thank him for making prudent decisions. Sorry, have him arrested. Shey, they are supposed to sleep under the rain, or your brother does not deserve a reprieve from his ailment?. My friend, go out there and hustle harder. See your head.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by HonourableJoe: 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2023
Well said.
Thumbs up to you and every other person having same opinion. That jot withstanding, I also do not have anything against other's suggestions. I will drop some points here:

1. MOVING ON: This is obviously the cheapest thing to do. This doesn't mean you aren't angry but understanding that a live was saved is a good start. After all, u are trying to make profit go obviously better yourself, your immediate family or your own family. WHAT IF YOU DONT HAVE THEM?

2. FIND A BALANCE: Speak to your ppl. From the story it shows that while the hernia was troubling your brother, you didn't do much because you didn't have much BUT you had what could save him tied smwhere... what if the win blew those oil jars away or fire gut them? I bet your anger wouldn't be to God who made all things. Reconcile and speak to them, anger never settles anything. Balance this sour relationship and let your bro be grateful you saved him than see you as one u almost didn't want to.

Overall, @OP, I want to on behalf of your family say I am sorry for making your hard earn money go just like that especially without your consent BUT be grateful you saved a life.

I also pray you get your reward sooner than you expect. Nothing last forever, not even the profit from the oil.

Lastly, if you were dying, would you sell those oil?

PEACE!!

michlins:
Honestly I don't know how to help you. This whole thing is not straight. Your dad was under immense pressure meanwhile this is your life savings and investments.

But here's what I can tell you,if your brother had died, you will still sell the kegs, and it won't be enough to bury him.

Just find a way to move forward with your wife but no matter what you do, do not marry yet. Don't let the frustration push you into the hands of a woman cause you will be extending this poverty to your own kids

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by LOVEGINO(m): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
UrPapa:
nice advice. Oil dey ur head.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by mauchiz: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
Just pray to God for blessings, don't worry, everything will work out for your good.
Thanks God your brother is alive.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by LOVEGINO(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
Jetbound:

Pls don’t try this. You’ll end up paying more than you’ve lost. Just learn and move on. Life is not that deep. I hope your business bounces back ❤️
since d op no get sense, direct am where he belong.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Sunnymatey(m): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2023
My brother, I feel your pain but pls move on.
Don't be mad at your dad but with your situation as a family.
Just take it as a sacrifice for the life of your brother.
Isaac was ready to lay his life for his dad to fulfil his promise to God.
Let your dad pray for you so as for whatever seed is left in your hands can bear.
Thank God the money did serve a very important purpose.
God will replace in a miraculous way.
Sorry
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by hansomb: 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
As a Muslim your Dad and Mum have unconditional entitlement to anything you own. You cannot question your father or mother and no sin on them if they use any of your thing. Simple.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Olarewaju89: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
UrPapa:

Ha!

Are you OK?

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by zumbigbo(m): 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
Bros..DM me your bank acct details
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by ferry1: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
I hardly respond to issues like this but i have to advise u.
Live was saved through you
2. God place you to be of help to people specially your family members, forget all that has happened
What if your dad went for loan or probably went to steal and was cut and taking to the police station, what would you have say?

We are place to be of help to others especially our family ones

This is a family you are talking about here. And again, stop saying this is your life saving, believe God, as you continue to live, more blessing and favor will continue to come
I pray you heed to my advice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja / My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. / CBN Lifts FX Restrictions On Milk, Dairy Products Import To Crash Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.