Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil (23352 Views)

Four Failed Cbn’s Attempts To Arrest Naira Free Fall / Customers Get Boutique Owner Arrested For Selling Fake Slippers For 8k In Asaba / Reps Ask EFCC, ICPC To Arrest Mike Adenuga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by MS247: 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2023
God will still bless you in multiple folds... Try and forgive

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by anataala: 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2023
Praise be to Allah.

In islam it’s allowed kindly go through this and ponder.

It was narrated from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah that a man said: “O Messenger of Allaah, I have wealth and children, but my father wants to take all my wealth.” He said, “You and your wealth are for your father.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 2291; Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh, 2/142 from the hadeeth of Jaabir, and 2922; Ahmad, 6902 from the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr).

And Ahmad narrated from ‘Amr ibn Shu’ayb from his father from his grandfather, who said: A Bedouin came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “My father wants to take all my wealth.” He said, “You and your wealth are for your father. The best that you can eat is what you have earned, and your children’s wealth is part of what you have earned, so eat it and enjoy it.”
This report has other isnaads and corroborating reports which make it saheeh.

(See Fath al-Baari, 5/211; Nasb al-Raayah,3/337)

2.The laam in the hadeeth (li in li abeeka – for your father) does not mean possession, rather it means permission.

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

The laam in the hadeeth does not mean possession at all… If we say that it means permission, then the hadeeth makes sense, otherwise it does not have any significance.

(I’laam al-Muwaqqi’een, 1/116)

3.One of the things which indicate that it does not mean possession is the fact that the son’s children, wife and mother can inherit from him. If his wealth were the property of his father, no one would be able to take his property except the father.

Al-Shaafa'i said:

Because it was not proven. When Allaah decreed that a father could inherit from his son, He made him (the father) like other heirs. He may even have a smaller share than many other heirs, which proves that the son is the owner of his own wealth, not the father.

(al-Risaalah, p. 468)

4.This permission is not absolute. It is subject to four conditions.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah preserve him) said:

This hadeeth is not da’eef (weak) because it has corroborating reports. What this means is that if he (the son) has wealth, the father has the right to enjoy that wealth and to take whatever he wants from it, but this is subject to certain conditions:

The first condition: that by taking it he does not cause harm to his son. If it does cause harm – such as taking his cover with which he protects himself from the cold, or he takes his food with which he wards off hunger –it is not permissible for the father to do this.

The second condition: it should not be something that the son needs. If the son has a concubine whom he sleeps with, it is not permissible for the father to take her, because his son needs her. Similarly, if the son has a car which he needs for getting about, and he does not have enough cash to buy a replacement, then the father does not have the right to take it under any circumstances.

The third condition: he should not take the wealth from one of his sons in order to give it to another, because this creates enmity between the sons and because it means preferring one of the children over another, if the second son is not in need. If he is in need, then the father’s giving something to the one who is in need and not to the ones who are not in need, does not mean that he is preferring one child over another; on the contrary, it is obligatory for him to do this.

Whatever the case, the hadeeth is something which the scholars refer to and use as evidence. But there are conditions attached, as we have mentioned. The father does not have the right to take one son’s wealth and give it to another son.

And Allaah knows best.
(Fataawa Islamiyyah,4/108, 109)

There is also a fourth condition, which is that the father should be in need of the wealth that he is taking from his son. This condition is clearly stated in some ahaadeeth. It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Your children are a gift from Allaah to you: ‘He bestows female (offspring) upon whom He wills, and bestows male (offspring) upon whom He wills’ [al-Shoora 42:49 – interpretation of the meaning]. So they and their wealth are for you, if you have need of it.” (narrated by al-Haakim, 2/284; al-Bayhaqi, 7/480) The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2564, where he says: This hadeeth contains an important fiqhi point which is that it explains that the famous hadeeth, “You and your wealth are for your father” (al-Irwaa’ 838) does not give the father absolute permission to take whatever he wants from his son’s wealth. Far from it! But he may take whatever he is in need of. And Allaah knows best.

Hardtotrust:
I am very very angry right now. I couldn't sleep last night. That is why I'm bringing this here this morning before I do something very bad. A father should be after the growth of his son and not after ruining him.

Please you guys should help me look into this matter. I understand that it was a matter of life and important concern.

I'm seriously struggling in the city to eck a living for myself and do the little I can for my family also. My father was a petty trader who hardly can provide adequate for the family. Some of us who come from a very poor background would understand this better. I mean coming from where absolutely nothing is kept for you. No support from the family and nothing, nothing and nothing. You are the one who die and same you would have to pour yourself water to come back to life. You, you and only you.

I buy fast consuming products and supply to people and make some gains from there. Sometimes I hawk the products. I was able to save up to N150k. Around May this year, I went to the village and bought some rubbers of palm oil and store them to sell around November/December and make gains.

Last week, I got a call that wind pulled off our house roof in the village. Since they are using small torchlight phone, I didn't get to see how serious the situation was. Even though I didn't have money, I sent N15k to help fix it. My father later called me and complained bitterly on why I sent just 15k, that according to the carpenter, that materials and workmanship would cost N65k. In my mind, I was just like, does this man even know how I survive here in the city?

For two nights, they didnt sleep in the house as the wind pulled off the rooof.

On Tuesday, I learnt my younger brother was being operated of Hernia. I know about the hernia but was under plan to raise money for it. And I knew there was no money to settle medical bills for operation. So I was shocked where they got the money to do operation.

As I traveled down yesterday to see them, dear Nairaland friends, all my rubbers of palm oil has been sold and the money spent on fixing the roof and paying for the medical bills for the hernia operation without my notice.

I am not taking this kindly with my father who engineered the whole thing and I want to arrest him to refund my money.

That is my life investment and it took me so much to raise the amount. Due to how things are now. I even wanted to sell two rubbers to invest back as the business is facing challenges now.

What should I do here to recover my money back? If I have another money, I would over look it but that is my life investment of my labour.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by ceejay80s(m): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2023
UrPapa:
You need to act bro. This is cheating of the highest order. You should not look away from this act and make sure he’s prosecuted
First report him to soldiers. Let dem give him a very good beating
Then after, you can call the police so they take him to station for further interrogation and beating
From there, he’ll be charged to court and sent to jail
U are eviler than satan

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Poisonousman: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2023
This guy naa cross rivers state boy.. nothing Una wan tell me..
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by YorubaPrince: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2023
Who else fit do dis kain thing other than Igbo pple? Na dem go fit arrest and fight dem parents over $$$.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by AyomideOG01: 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:
I am very very angry right now. I couldn't sleep last night. That is why I'm bringing this here this morning before I do something very bad. A father should be after the growth of his son and not after ruining him.

Please you guys should help me look into this matter. I understand that it was a matter of life and important concern.

I'm seriously struggling in the city to eck a living for myself and do the little I can for my family also. My father was a petty trader who hardly can provide adequate for the family. Some of us who come from a very poor background would understand this better. I mean coming from where absolutely nothing is kept for you. No support from the family and nothing, nothing and nothing. You are the one who die and same you would have to pour yourself water to come back to life. You, you and only you.

I buy fast consuming products and supply to people and make some gains from there. Sometimes I hawk the products. I was able to save up to N150k. Around May this year, I went to the village and bought some rubbers of palm oil and store them to sell around November/December and make gains.

Last week, I got a call that wind pulled off our house roof in the village. Since they are using small torchlight phone, I didn't get to see how serious the situation was. Even though I didn't have money, I sent N15k to help fix it. My father later called me and complained bitterly on why I sent just 15k, that according to the carpenter, that materials and workmanship would cost N65k. In my mind, I was just like, does this man even know how I survive here in the city?

On Tuesday, I learnt my younger brother was being operated of Hernia. I know about the hernia but was under plan to raise money for it. And I knew there was no money to settle medical bills for operation. So I was shocked where they got the money to do operation.

As I traveled down yesterday to see them, dear Nairaland friends, all my rubbers of palm oil has been sold and the money spent on fixing the roof and paying for the medical bills for the hernia operation without my notice.

I am not taking this kindly with my father who engineered the whole thing and I want to arrest him to refund my money.

That is my life investment and it took me so much to raise the amount. Due to how things are now. I even wanted to sell two rubbers to invest back as the business is facing challenges now.

What should I do here to recover my money back? If I have another money, I would over look it but that is my life investment of my labour.

Brother I understand you perfectly buh family over everything. God will open more doors for you. Just move on and double ur hustle. Your money wasn't wasted though it's bad they didn't seek your permission but I understand your father was under pressure.. no sacrifice is too big for family. You will be making a terrible mistake by arresting your own father over a problem that your money can solve. Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by stancod(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
budaatum:
No police would arrest your father for saving your brother and for fixing your family home. They'd in fact see you as a bad and irresponsible child who yourself should be arrested, and you'd forever have a bad name in the community for having your father arrested.

You seem angry that your "father was a petty trader who hardly can provide adequate for the family", but you don't sound pleased that your father was not an armed robber who stole to provide you with lots. And that just shows the poverty of your mind, which you should consider rectifying pretty soon.
Well spoken sir
If that boy get sense him go reason your words.
Thanks
I learnt from your words also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Coronavirus1: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
Mr Chairman,
Accurate Time Keeper,
Impartial Panel of Judges,
My Able Friends,
Fellow Co Debator
All protocols duly observed.

My name is my name 🤣and I am here to propose the motion that states: "Nobody Senior Another Person For This Life, Life Na Turn By Turn" with the following reasons:

1. Dem first born you no mean say na you go first die.

2. If you first me touch ceiling because you tall, I go first you to pick stone for ground because i near ground pass you.

3. You fit first me enter SS1 and I fit first you enter University.

4. My jeep fit stop for road while your Beetle fit carry you dey go your house.

5. Girl wey marry last year fit born pikin before woman wey marry 10 years ago.

6. Small boy wey just finish school fit begin work before chairman wey do NYSC 2015.

7. If aeroplane engine knock, both person wey dey first class and the one for economy, na the same God dem go call.

8. Na Oga dey pay driver, but AC dey first blow driver before e reach oga for back.

9. Person wey dey healthy fit die before person wey dey sick.

10. You dey stay upstairs no mean say you near God pass.

11. You help me today, no mean say, i no fit help you tomorrow.

12. When you see me na when i see you.

13.you first me enter school,no mean say u go first me succeed

14. Mr time keeper, as you want to ring that bell, may your time in this world not be over. If you arrest your father you are the one to bail him out too.

I hope with these few points of mine, I have been able to convince and not confuse you that "Nobody Senior Another Person For This Life. Life na just turn by turn"!🥳😜

Thank you and be bless!!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by jimter44(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2023
Forget about this and move on. The proceeds from the palm oil was used to save life and for them to equally put shelter over their head.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Gajagojo: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2023
I think you made a mistake giving away this story for free on Nairaland

You should have written up as a script and sold it to Nollywood

Anyway the Palmoil thing is not good business that is over sense
Your calculation that Palm.lol price will go up is funny. What if it goes down. Also will the price of every other thing in the market stand still?
You would do better to open a domiciiary account buy dollars and save .
Or buy government treasury bills which pay good interest and only you is aware of what you are up to
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by DrAda(f): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2023
I get why he did it. He needed it to save lives.
Arresting him solves nothing
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Alliswell248: 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

The best decision they could have taken.
The same parents took care of you at least to an extent within their capacity.

So, you prefer rain to destroy the entire house and your brother dying? You would be the first person to blame them if your brother had died.

God would help you more bro.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:
I need good advice on what to do.

Forget about it and move on. Tell them how this current incident hurt you so much. And how difficult it will be to trust them anymore.
Don't arrest your father. He just did what he did out of desperation. And ensure that they are always communicable to you.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Livingshadow: 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
Your father chose not to inform you before selling the palm oil because you would not have agreed since it's your investment. Your reaction to his act confirmed this. You said you had plans underway concerning your brother's ailment which I believe would have involved you spending some money. So use that money you would have spent on your brother from your plans underway to reinvest. Your father spent the money on two very pressing needs of the family and not on himself, so arresting him means arresting your brother who was sick plus every other person in the family ,including even you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by dododawa1: 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
Fabricated lie
Lie Muhammad cousin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by dododawa1: 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
UrPapa:
You need to act bro. This is cheating of the highest order. You should not look away from this act and make sure he’s prosecuted
Then after, you can call the police so they take him to station for further interrogation and beating
seconded
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by stagger: 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
YorubaPrince:
Who else fit do dis kain thing other than Igbo pple? Na dem go fit arrest and fight dem parents over $$$.

It is an abomination in Igbo culture. Some of you are too unexposed to even find out about other people's culture. Where did you do your NYSC, that is if you are even of age or you even went to the university?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Eagba(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
Bro you will be ok. You already got all it takes to succeed I can see all that in you. This is a good window for you to show your dad that can be particular, look him in the eyes and let know it won't happen even in his dream again.

Then go about your business, buy more, store and grow
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by julybaba(m): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

God Abeg
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Evidenx(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

If you arrest your father you will be cursed for life.
Forget about it,life goes on,when there is life there is hope,learn from it and forge ahead bro.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by being(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

Nothing to do here..
You can't even be angry at them... except to complain that they should have told you!!

Imagine you in the position of your brother and your brother in your position, would u rather díè than allow them touch your brother's investment?
Baba, they are family and they didn't squander the money..
U sef don spoil some things for house b4
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Skillgate: 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
I'm sorry for this unfortunate situation you've found yourself. Now look at the situation, natural disaster struck and your brother had a surgery. Supposing you were told that fire incident happened and consumed the house, the oil and the house and other items what would you do? Supposing you are asked to choose between your brother life and oil which one would you consider!? The truth is that this one of the scenarios that makes any man stronger and tougher. Start afresh and hopefully you recover quickly and even achieve more. Please don't arrest anybody, it will worsen the situation.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Ashirioluwa: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
@hardtotrust

He sold your investment goods without your notice. Are you sure this man is your real father? What your father did to you is disgusting and terrible.

Your father has done his worst, and I will not advise you to act stupid. You can confront him and let him know how angry you are, but don't involve the police or arrest him.

Even if you get him arrested, where will he get the money to repay you?

As it is now, I will advise you to move on and stay away from him so you don’t do something that you will regret for the rest of your life.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by tempest01(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

I believe the only wrong thing here is that you were not informed. And it is disrespect. Register your very strong displeasure on not being informed about the action and tell your father that you would have taken tougher action if not that it was used for your brothers medical bills. Look at it as business loss and start again, though but it will pass.

It is not worth destroying your family over.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Bfly: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
They helped you to sow a seed to humanity, you dey para. Appreciate him for saving your brother and putting roof on your Father, Also let them know your consent is very important on how they manage your belongings . But don't keep your treasure with them again. Making money is a mind something. You got the mind already. Not even those palm oil will make you rich in the long run. It is just a start.

Your anger is justified but dont let the sun go down on it.
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Tonytonex(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
Na wa oh
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Metetiexpress: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

Let it go . U can never arrest your father ..u can't try it

1 Like

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by philGeo(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
My brother don't arrest him, I have been in this kind situation when I was in the University.

Doing Labour in site for five years so that I can go to school and during that time I was helping my Mother even buying Christmas stuff for her and one day I started to think about life after school, I believe live is not about eat food but have investiment for my unborn children.

I invested 250k so that my mother can buy bags of Rice for me and when the time is right I can sale them, my mother bought them and during that time i still send money for my mother oh, she sold the Rice and only send me little amount not even up to the amount i invested, I cry about it and the situation even affect my academic performance, i have to call Family members to tell them what is happing and she tell them truth, i move on, plan my life, i will still make it but anything that have to do with investment i will do it myself.

Pls don't involve the police, work hard again.
I have learned to even love my mother more than before because, reasons are that she is there when no one is there for me through prayers.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by APCNig: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2023
UrPapa:

This one was bought from one of the numerous baby factories in Igbo land
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by sylve11: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2023
UrPapa:

😆 🤣 😂 😹 cool
Re: I Want To Arrest My Father For Selling My Palm Oil by Porksupplyib: 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardtotrust:

My brother, you are a very funny person. grin
You want to imprison your father because of 150k? grin
Are you serious?
I am really laughing hard here. grin
I am sorry. (I just can't help it) grin

Now on a serious note, please do calm down sir. Please.
On behalf of your father and family, I want to apologise to you for the action they took. For not informing you. Biko, no vex.

My prayer for you is that God will bless you immensely and open greater doors for you in Jesus name.

Be happy that the money was put to good use. You will make more later. Be at peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Do You Remember These Naira Notes And Coins? / How Inexperienced Tech Personnel In Banks Scuttle Cashless Banking / 7 Ways To Get Out Of Debt In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.