Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,543 members, 7,854,336 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji (2286 Views)

Aba Geometric Power Project Commissioned In A Hurry — Sir Udensi / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by jmoore(m): 8:48am On Jul 10, 2023

THE Geometric Power plant has concluded plans to
come on stream, adding 188 megawatts, MW of
electricity to Nigeria’s output in September this year.
The Chairman of the company and former Minister of
Power, Prof. Bart Nnaji, said the plant, located at
Osisioma Industrial Layout in Aba, Abia State, will add
much value to the nation’s economy.

Speaking at the First African Continental Free Trade
Area (AfCFTA) Market Opportunities Conference,
holding at the Technology Incubation Centre in Aba,
organised by the Continental Export Import (CONEX)
Limited, Prof. Nnaji, said: “Starting with one of its four
General Electric brand turbines, the second will come
on stream once the performance of the first turbine is
declared satisfactory by the team of engineers led by
KSE Energy of Turkey and Engineer Ben Caven, a
former executive director of the National Electric
Power Authority (NEPA) reputed to be the only person
to have run the generation, engineering and
transmission divisions of the state-owned utility.

“The generation of electricity from the Geometric
Power plant will be a game changer in the
socioeconomic development of not just Aba city but
nine out of the 17 local government areas in Abia State
serviced by Aba Power, a member of Geometric
group”, Nnaji declared today to wildly cheering
participants at the First African Continental Free Trade
Area (AfCFTA) Market Opportunities Conference
holding at the Technology Incubation Centre in Aba,
organised by the Continental Export Import (CONEX)
Ltd.

“We have completed building four brand new power
substations and refurbishing three substations inherited
from the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN),
in addition to providing thousands of kilometres of
cables and wires, as well as world-class tubular poles
available in only highly industrialised cities such as
Tokyo in Japan and San Francisco in California.”

He added: “All that remains now is to provide fuel or
gas to the Geometric Power plant through the 27-
kilometre gas pipeline from Owaza in Ukwa West LGA
in Abia State to the Osisioma Industrial Layout.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/electricity-geometric-power-plant-to-come-on-stream-with-188-mw-in-september-prof-nnaji/

11 Likes

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by crossfm: 8:52am On Jul 10, 2023
Good one.

A state like Abia that have a lot of potential towards production will experience geometry growth with stable power.

Prof Nnaji sure know his onus when it comes to power generating.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by Isokotolopia: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2023
Enough promises, Good life in nigeria ends on forecast
Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by AwokenVawulence: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2023
U will not see them here o but if it's aba geometric power plant explode thread go full cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by JeffreyD1(m): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2023
Good devolvement

7 Likes

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by paramakina202: 8:57am On Jul 10, 2023
Good news.Abia state is marching to greatness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by XerXers: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2023
9 LGA that makes up greater Aba metroplis will enjoy 188 MW. It's game over. The new economic frontier is rising. Enyimba economic City is the future. Everything here is indegenous unlike economic iliterates in SW which has become center of Capital flight

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by christejames(m): 9:04am On Jul 10, 2023
Nice one, our industrial centers should be privately powered

5 Likes

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by Kossyso: 9:12am On Jul 10, 2023
Very nice. I hope this project can't be sabotaged in any way by people that hate progress of good people of the East?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by ideatoprince18(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2023
May Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji favor me and my family

11 Likes

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by XerXers: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2023
Kossyso:
Very nice. I hope this project can't be sabotaged in any way by people that hate progress of good people of the East?
EEDC has been settled and has handed over 9LGA to Aba power to distribute. That was the the greatest hurdle but it was resolved. The only thing remaining is transmission through National grid. From September Aba will exit national grid

19 Likes

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by Sirjamo: 9:41am On Jul 10, 2023
Good development. Same thing should be replicated all over the Country
Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by XerXers: 9:48am On Jul 10, 2023
Sirjamo:
Others are busy with how to produce president

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by OVB123: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2023
With Otti as governor, abia state shall be great again and south east in general will be the greatest region in Nigeria in IJN... Amen!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by Armaggedon: 10:43am On Jul 10, 2023
The volume of power lost to transmission will drastically reduce. Once geometrics succeeds in giving Aba steady power. Investment in power infrastructure will skyrocket in the East leading to more industrialization.

12 Likes

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by ratiani6: 10:53am On Jul 10, 2023
Good news
Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by Curious345: 10:56am On Jul 10, 2023
Is this Nnaji man still alive ?

He has been talking about this geometric abii Na exponential power plane since I was 22yrs old for over 15yrs now . I think it's a fraud
Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by SSFeedsNigeria: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2023
The potential of this great but underrated city is about to be unleashed. I trust Igbos, they're like the Asian tigers and I see Aba becoming West Africa's production base.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by jmoore(m): 11:04am On Jul 10, 2023
Curious345:
Is this Nnaji man still alive ?

He has been talking about this geometric abii Na exponential power plane since I was 22yrs old for over 15yrs now . I think it's a fraud

Your understanding is deceiving you. It is one thing to hear, it is a different thing to understand.

If you are confused, you should have asked someone to make things clearer to you.

The Aba area was wrongly sold to Emeka Offor of EEDC. It was last year that the dispute was resolved and Aba power of Geometric was given the license.
During the dispute, Barth Nnaji had installed transmission equipments for the powerplant.

6 Likes

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by SmartPolician: 11:07am On Jul 10, 2023
If I had a power station, I wouldn't send to a kilojoule of power to domestic consumers. Everything will go to industries and offices. If you supply to individuals, they end up bypassing their meters and making you incur heavy losses.

5 Likes

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by SSFeedsNigeria: 11:10am On Jul 10, 2023
Isokotolopia:
Enough promises, Good life in nigeria ends on forecast

Igbos are silently changing their economy while others are busy playing politics. Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi are great cities that can rival the Asians in terms of production.

It seems it's Igbos that are fully prepared for post oil economy.

6 Likes

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by SSFeedsNigeria: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2023
XerXers:

EEDC has been settled and has handed over 9LGA to Aba power to distribute. That was the the greatest hurdle but it was resolved. The only thing remaining is transmission through National grid. From September Aba will exit national grid

The gas supply comes from Ukwa in Abia state. The distance from source to destination is very short which ensures it's relatively cheaper and secured. By operating outside the national grid, geometric will be able to supply cheaper and 24 hours electricity to Aba and its environ. I see more MNC's and local investors rushing to Aba to establish their factories.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by jmoore(m): 11:18am On Jul 10, 2023
SmartPolician:
If I had a power station, I wouldn't send to a kilojoule of power to domestic consumers. Everything will go to industries and offices. If you supply to individuals, they end up bypassing their meters and making you incur heavy losses.

And you think industries can't bypass? The reasonable thing to do is to develop a strategy to detect bypass. It is not rocket science.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by ebufa: 11:42am On Jul 10, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
U will not see them here o but if it's aba geometric power plant explode thread go full

cheesy

The ill will for Ndigbo in some sections of the country is off the charts........kudos to Edo people,very straight forward people, many Yorubas are very good too never mind the rivalry. Akwa ibomites dey try too but see ijaw and fulani..........na dis 2 ethnic nations we need to watch very carefully! Especially ijaw...........the abominable Jo-men are land pyrates ,oil terrorist ,conspirators and very cunning.......with a high propensity for violence!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by freemanq(m): 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
Will dis one be cheaper and better than EEDC because they have nearly finished us in the south east.

1 Like

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by 3pointsagree: 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
ideatoprince18:
May Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji favor me and my family
Amen
Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by XerXers: 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
A thread with verifiable source languishes here because its good news from south east. Do you people think that any narratives you succeed in pushing on nairaland will affect reality?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by FreeStuffsNG: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
jmoore:

But this report stated that it started generating electricity since 2015.

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by Zupay: 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirjamo:

It is now the responsibility of each state governor to ensure constant electricity through attracting private investors in the power sector.

1 Like

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by LikeAking: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
And the masses are jubilating..

We are too cheap in this country...
Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by horsepower102: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
Geometric power is the only electric company in Nigeria that has license to Generate and Distribute Power.

They were granted this power before the electricity reform during GEJ administration.

They almost lost it but thanks to the hard fought battle by Barth Nnaji, an exception was made for them in court.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba Geometric Power Plant To Come On Stream In Sept — Nnaji by horsepower102: 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
This project will supply Aba and eventually supply Enyimba Economic City according to the contract they signed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

African History Repeats Itself / Pls Who's Government Is Better, On A General Note. Obasanjo Or Yardua? / MEND To Turn The Heat On Corrupt Governors And Other Public Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.