Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve (13315 Views)

SHOCKING!! Babcock Students Sextape Leaked Online – What’s Your Take? (watch) / People Who Dont Show Their Anger More Dangerous Than Those Who Do, True/False? / Chief Ndubuisi Nzenweofor Foundation Gives Hope To Widows & Less Privileged (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by duro4chang(m): 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ask Dino Melaiye
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by dododawa1: 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hardwork money don't make noise
DANGOTE,OTEDOLA, BILL GATE and co
BUT BUT BUT
Rituals, kidnappers,thief,drug and prostitution
NOISE everywhere.
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Allisgud: 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
Tinubu never see Dem by the time he put taxes on them,like the richer u are the more tax u pay,u will see them run from Instagram grin grin Paul okoye said everybody rich for Instagram poorman no dey for Instagram

1 Like

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Judolisco(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Online? undecided
Ino dey talk about all those people wey dey snap raw cash dey post online.... That's unnecessary.... People flaunt cash in different ways u neva attend event and they'll call for donations and you'll see people fighting to be d highest donor ? Na part of wetin make my village develop bdat... Someone rehabilitated d community secondary sch and some group rehabilitated d whole borehole water system in d community....

1 Like

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by dododawa1: 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
duro4chang:
Ask Dino Melaiye
POlITICIANS thief
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by IslamIsIdiotic: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
It is called looking for a dopamine high.

There's a chemical in the brain called dopamine which is linked to self esteem.

It doesn't just apply to only people who flaunt wealth, it also applies to the young women who flaunt their half nude bodies online.

All the attention and admiration they receive from strangers, causes their brains to produce more and more dopamine which in turn makes them feel over confident and inflates their fragile ego to the point of delusion.

If you really want to make those type of people suffer, just ignore them. Treat them as if they don’t exist and the moment they can see that nobody cares about their flaunting, majority of them will reach for the nearest bottle of sniper or locate their new home at the bottom of the lagoon.

Lexzeey:
What exactly do people aim to achieve when they come online to front how successful Thier life is?

Most of them will claim they're motivating people, motivating people to feel bad?

Or look down on themselves for not trying hard enough in life, if you are really motivating people you'd show them how to make something of their lives too, your motivation is even doing the opposite, its inciting people to become desperate to make same money or force it by going into crime or fraud.

Go to Instagram you'll see many of them clout chasing, even on nairaland dairy section them plenty, what exactly are you doing, people wey no Sabi you, they're not your family you're seeking validation under the guise of motivation.

The UAE spender that was arrested earlier sweet my belle, such laws should be enacted in Nigeria because we have the biggest number of clout chasers in this country, you'll see many people tapping in to grace under their post.

Anyone who is successful have one story to tell about how they suffered for their money, you think I'd tell you the dirty things I did to make money if I'll become successful?

Let us stop glorifying this clout chasing, tapping into grace on social media won't change your life, the way people react to the posts from this clout chasers is the reason they keep posting, if you abandon thier post and don't interact they'll slow down, move at your own pace no allow anybody give you high BP or make you feel you're not doing enough, they don't care about you, they're only posting the riches so you can validate to make them feel good and make you feel like you're not serious with your life.

I know many of you will call me jealous and say no one owes me anything, yes but constituting a nuisance affects my sanity, and everyone needs thier sanity, can't you celebrate your wealth by buying nice things and treating yourself well?

Must you flaunt it online?

How many people you dey help with your flaunting?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by aremubabs: 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
Icrave4u:
Why should you be jealous when i say i own a houses in banana island, is it your money ?i dont understand your write up if you feel oppressed you click the next button or work hard to met up. Those things are not to ridicule you but to motivate you to work hard. But you people with your negative mindset will feel is oppression or someone is trying to show off.

The popluar ola of lagos you know started as a cleaner and with a just a palaser phone he was using to do his video back then , he even struggle to get the phone which took him almost two months , but look at him and what he has achieved , dude his grace and hard work also if you see him dispalying his cars and houses on social media you will feel there are oppressing you. Oga when people tell you thier story you will be motivated to work harder. Abeg rest and increase your hussle.No hate!

You have missed the whole point.

What do they hope to achieve by flaunting their wealth?

Motivating people with a few generic stories and hundreds of pictures of exotic cars?

Well, the only motivation I see is a motivation to our youth to be extremely money conscious.

Recently, my cousin was telling me that "money must be made by fire by force." This is someone who is still in SS2 o. I was curious. So, I asked him why he felt that making money was a priority for someone like him who does not even have any need for it, as he doesn't have any responsibilities.

He told me "If you no get money, boys can intimidate you."

And that is true. Intimidation everywhere all in the name of motivating people.

And the most painful thing is that most of this wealth do not even have clean sources. If it is not proceeds of fraud, it would be through some other illegitimate means.

1 Like

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Adewale1603(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2023
It's poverty mentality, it's not their fault. They've been so poor and broke for too long. So whenever they eventually manage to make it, they will have to flaunt it, cos wealth ain't a normal thing to them, they are not used to it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by SmartPolician: 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:
It's shallow minded people, that's how they get their gratification.

It's not shallow mind. It's called validation. Even Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs mentioned that everyone wants to get a point where they are respected and admired.

Trying to impress people is natural because we all seek validation in life. Just that some people take steps to control it because that validation is totally needless.

6 Likes

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Batman2412(m): 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
They flaunt their wealth to pepper their 'enem!es.'

Person wey dey pepper me dey waste him time and money because I go give mama Jacinta the pepper to make peppersoup for me
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by ruggedtimi(m): 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
marlow1962:
Broke niggas doings, na them they showcase pass.
Rich dope nigga no get time to they showcase himself, say them wn they empress you abi wertin.
Men dy pull up GLE, dy ball on a stead, but you no go know them or even see them for internet they chop money.
But olaniyi and emeka go manage collect $20k, all the hype men for every club go cry him name, social media status go dy cry na.

Kids wer no know wertin God do for am.
Let's forget the money o, you see this davido guy. God bless the nigga with everything were him need for life. My vex na say, with everything were him get, davido is still living a bitch nigga life, and that's bleeped up. Davido dy leave life like boys wer just cash out from hk.

No na reason am, that's bleeped up.
davido is a celebrity, that is a way of life for them. Davido no dey even show off self.
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Kemadealadire(f): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2023
People like to see, so for business people, it's good for business.

1 Like

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Exceed15: 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2023
Even the so called success pictures they flaunt on social media is fake. Have u ever seen dangote posing with his car on social media? People with low self esteem does that.
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by omoadeleye(m): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
Lexzeey:
What exactly do people aim to achieve when they come online to front how successful Thier life is?

Most of them will claim they're motivating people, motivating people to feel bad?

Or look down on themselves for not trying hard enough in life, if you are really motivating people you'd show them how to make something of their lives too, your motivation is even doing the opposite, its inciting people to become desperate to make same money or force it by going into crime or fraud.

Go to Instagram you'll see many of them clout chasing, even on nairaland dairy section them plenty, what exactly are you doing, people wey no Sabi you, they're not your family you're seeking validation under the guise of motivation.

The UAE spender that was arrested earlier sweet my belle, such laws should be enacted in Nigeria because we have the biggest number of clout chasers in this country, you'll see many people tapping in to grace under their post.

Anyone who is successful have one story to tell about how they suffered for their money, you think I'd tell you the dirty things I did to make money if I'll become successful?

Let us stop glorifying this clout chasing, tapping into grace on social media won't change your life, the way people react to the posts from this clout chasers is the reason they keep posting, if you abandon thier post and don't interact they'll slow down, move at your own pace no allow anybody give you high BP or make you feel you're not doing enough, they don't care about you, they're only posting the riches so you can validate to make them feel good and make you feel like you're not serious with your life.

I know many of you will call me jealous and say no one owes me anything, yes but constituting a nuisance affects my sanity, and everyone needs thier sanity, can't you celebrate your wealth by buying nice things and treating yourself well?

Someone dan dey oppress you abi
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by eepeepook: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Na paragraph we go chop?
I chop am very well.
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by jaymoney1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2023
Broke people trying to look rich to oppress other broke people.

1 Like

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Ijaya123: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2023
Lexzeey:

We do not need such a law in Nigreria. What we need is for FIRS to be alive to its responsibilities and go after those flaunting their wealth and make them do the needful.

I've said it repeatedly, when an average Nigerian makes money, they have either of these two option in mind, to impress or to oppress.
Very bad attitude I must say.
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by InvertedHammer: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
Lexzeey:

/

Self-esteem cannot be bought in the market.

Rarely do materialsm fill the void in someone's personal life.

Most often than not, it is a psychological call for help.

/

2 Likes

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
Some people are just like that. While some people are quiet type some are just lousy type.

Land or Houses in choice Estates in Lagos Mainland or Island?

Take advantage of either of these opportunities.

IDERA TREASURE ESTATE, at Eleko Junction, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos. - 16million per plot.

BROOKLYN COUNTY ESTATE at Monastery Road, by Lagos Business School, Sangotedo - N30million per 500sqm.

3 Bedroom Bungalow Executively Built at Mowe Town by Redemption Camp - N28million.

3 Bedroom Smart Apartment at Treasure Home Estate, ILASAMAJA - N35million.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87VCAqgchoE
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by TheBillyonaire: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2023
It is not everyone who flaunt wealth online that is doing something illegal. There are people all over the world flaunting their wealth online and it is fun to flaunt wealth.

It is okay to intimidate others. It is okay to make the poor to cry and work hard.

Please flaunt your wealth. Povery is bad.

1 Like

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Bekboycrs: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2023
Lexzeey:

You are probably flaunting your iPhone and the little you have too
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Benrosaria(m): 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
those who evangelize publicly and intentionally, what do you hope to achieve?
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

It's not shallow mind. It's called validation. Even Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs mentioned that everyone wants to get a point where they are respected and admired.

Trying to impress people is natural because we all seek validation in life. Just that some people take steps to control it because that validation is totally needless.
Not everyone actually, not everyone get their kicks from validation from others, or by showing off, some people actually hide from social media and showing off. Being admired or respected naturally is different from craving or going all out to do things just for validation, reeks of an inferior mind and thinking.

1 Like

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
eepeepook:
No paragraphs. I'm out.

Update: The people do it from a point of low self esteem. Watch The Great Gatsby and you’ll understand. They made money one way or the other. Due to formerly living in poverty, they want to loudly announce that they made it. People born into money see wealth as a standard already. They are comfortable dealing with huge sums. Give a person from poverty all the money in the world, he/she will still want more — going as far as cheating the next man out of his meagre funds.
You have a point, if you have been living the life since being a kid, you will get tired of showing off as an adult, it will tire you...but a poor minded man from poverty sees money as heaven, he can cheat, steal and die for it.

3 Likes

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Oceanjagaban: 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
They do it for the likes, comments and to get more Followers
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Adewale1603(m): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

who told you that we all seek validation in life? You will say some people. People are different o, trying to impress people, strangers who don't even know them from Adam, or who doesn't care. Some people have already reached a stage in their life, where they don't seek any validation, opinion from others, they just live their lives, rich people don't seek validation from others, they do whatever they like, either right or wrong in the face of the society, They have it all, they are already made, it's poorer people that'll be looking up to them.

2 Likes

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by bigiyaro(m): 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
The real wealthy guys don't have time to flunt, the fakies do the flunting mostly on borrowed or hired stuff, you will see a billionaire flunting luxury stuffs on his page and in the end ask you to pay him 20 bucks, to tell you how he is making money, abeg, who don see dangote, otedola, Elon musk, bill gates etc, those real billionaires ever asking for one membership or mentorship sub or another?
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by SmartPolician: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
Adewale1603:
who told you that we all seek validation in life? You will say some people. People are different o, trying to impress people, strangers who don't even know them from Adam, or who doesn't care. Some people have already reached a stage in their life, where they don't seek any validation, opinion from others, they just live their lives, rich people don't seek validation from others, they do whatever they like, either right or wrong in the face of the society, They have it all, they are already made, it's poorer people that'll be looking up to them.

Did you know that writing exams and passing them is seeking validation?

Listen, you cannot divorce validation from living.

This is something most people don't know.
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Haymus007(m): 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Someone flaunted to oppress them too.
Naso bro cheesy
Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Adewale1603(m): 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

Did you know that writing exams and passing them is seeking validation?

Listen, you cannot divorce validation from living.

This is something most people don't know.
test and exams are meant to be passed not to be failed. How is that seeking validation. Who will pray to fail an exam ? Same thing as been successful in life, how is that being seeking validation. Everyone wants to be successful not a failure, it's a general thing everybody wants. It's not being seeking validation. Seeking validation is flaunting your wealth, relationship, tours online, posting your pics, your personal life into the public place to receive comments, sometimes oppress the less privileged, to prove levels.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Who Flaunt Wealth Online What Exactly Do You Hope To Achieve by Emdebby2: 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2023
Vanity upon vanity all is vanity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

55ft Snake Found In China [photos] / Nairaland Award Tag For Year 2013! / Beware Of Calls From 07063688 Its A Scam - Dont Fall A Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.