Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,168 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions (51746 Views)

Federal Polytechnic Oko New Dress Code For Students Sparks Outrage / See The Immoral Act South Africa High School Children Display At School / Nigerian Lady With Big Backside Teaching Students, Gets Mixed Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Glimpsetv: 2:16am On Jul 12, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omiGKS2qfg0

The internet is buzzing with mixed reactions over a proud African mother's display at her daughter's convocation.

In the midst of the crowd, the woman danced joyfully and laid down her clothes as a makeshift red carpet for her daughter to walk on. Embracing her tightly, the mother showered her with affection. However, not everyone was on board with this spectacle. Behind the camera, a voice could be heard screaming in a manner that was both amusing and irritating.

While some find this act to be incredibly beautiful, others find it rather embarrassing. Unfortunately, we do not know the name or location of the school, but it is evident that it is a foreign institution as the majority of students in attendance were white.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Glimpsetv: 2:26am On Jul 12, 2023

6 Likes

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by abibox02: 2:57am On Jul 12, 2023
grin

3 Likes

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by writetopoker: 3:28am On Jul 12, 2023
I am coming

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Wawelexy(m): 3:51am On Jul 12, 2023
I can understand her joy.... We all pray to make our mama proud...

295 Likes 26 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Oxfordgrade: 4:02am On Jul 12, 2023
That realization of beautiful dream as your children reach where you could not go. May this beautiful celebration favor

323 Likes 26 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by CJStarz: 5:04am On Jul 12, 2023
Wetin concern us with oyibo reaction or not? If na me sef, I go tie ichaka for leg dey dance.
Proudly African.
May God keep all the parents in this platform to raise and train their children to greater heights and may we live to reap the Fruits of our labour in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

327 Likes 32 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 12, 2023
Nothing wrong with what she did.

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by talented321: 5:17am On Jul 12, 2023
When one baba for village don tell her say if am alive you children will not go far in life, and final final her god don disgrace everybody, i understand her joy sha, a good mother will give u am everlasting memory and joy.
To all the legit mothers out there may ur pain, worries and sleepless nights never be in vain.

89 Likes 15 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by crossfm: 5:21am On Jul 12, 2023
Hehehe.

That is beautiful.

As for those against her actions,you won't understand. It is her joy not your's. grin

414 Likes 26 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by DKM123: 6:31am On Jul 12, 2023
Abeg this is overdoing it and being excessively dramatic. Did she just know that her daughter has graduated? Wetin be this?

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by jeromestarks: 6:33am On Jul 12, 2023
She was happy. Simple.

If a girl ignores you, ignore her. Las las, she will regret it. They always regret rejecting men.
Na lesser human being she be. She no be god.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by SporaD8: 6:34am On Jul 12, 2023
Nothing wrong with her spectacular display.
To Oyinbo, education na right. Over here na rare privilege o!
A privilege worthy of red-carpet reception!

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Ndipe(m): 6:37am On Jul 12, 2023
As long as her actions doesn't contravene the laws of the institution

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by grandstar(m): 7:26am On Jul 12, 2023
I would be flabberwhelmed and overghasted.

This I have saw.

3 Likes

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Blingblings(m): 7:27am On Jul 12, 2023
You will understand her joy if you were in her shoes...

My mum did more grin grin... E dey sweet die whenever I make maley happy like this, God bless her Soul... If your mama still dey alive try do something wey go give her this kain joy even if na once for your life.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by MaryAye(f): 7:27am On Jul 12, 2023
I will do more than when my lil boy eventually graduate from the university in the future. You can't contain the joy of seeing your child achieve great feats.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by HeartlessMan: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2023
Throw the dramatic jungle bunny and her calf out of there!! angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by phyllumtopilla: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2023
DKM123:
Abeg this is overdoing it and being excessively dramatic. Did she just know that her daughter has graduated? Wetin be this?

Overdoing what?....it's our way of life. You can't decide how a person chooses to show euphoria....we are black and this is how we show we are happy.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Houseofglam7(f): 7:42am On Jul 12, 2023
Awwwwww 🥰😍🥰🥰🥰🥰

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by MS247: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2023
grin

Lovely

4 Likes

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Vlyrics: 7:57am On Jul 12, 2023
Dancing is one thing we do when we celebrate, they should respect our culture not us trying to actike them. Take for instance, in football if an European team scores the player celebrates with a pose but when an African team scores, most of the time they Just Dance. And guess what, we used to love it! Dancing is a part of our social milieu we shouldn't strive to be unafrican

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:07am On Jul 12, 2023
d oyibo ppl nor go understand!

it's bn a long way coming...

grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:12am On Jul 12, 2023
Vlyrics:
Dancing is one thing we do when we celebrate, they should respect our culture not us trying to actike them. Take for instance, in football if an European team scores the player celebrates with a pose but when an African team scores, most of the time they Just Dance. And guess what, we used to love it! Dancing is a part of our social milieu we shouldn't strive to be unafrican
"Social milieu!"
Idan Prof Grammar!
grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:16am On Jul 12, 2023
DKM123:

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by talented321: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2023
It is her day and joy has has no boundary, she is a legit mother who is proud of who she is.
IconicR:
Nothing wrong with what she did.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by christejames(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2023
The Joy of Good Motherhood grin grin cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Psady(m): 8:49am On Jul 12, 2023
Internet never forget, The daughter will always cherish and adore her mom for something remarkable like this .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:50am On Jul 12, 2023
The woman actually did fantastic because the mother think deep how under rain and sun providing for her daughter education.

4 Likes

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Baronthecelebri: 9:58am On Jul 12, 2023
Good one from the mother.

2 Likes

Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Cheddahbrand: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2023
a lot of fresh opportunities in Taiwan currently. Grab this opportunity today. Study in Taiwan, fully funded scholarship
https://wavycliq.com/kmu-university-scholarships-2023-24-in-taiwan-how-to-apply-fully-funded/
Re: African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions by Bakrabas: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2023
The day I graduated my mum was very Happy to the extend that she started crying while praying for me.

I couldn't get her all I promised her she didn't care about that she's only concerned about my well being

She doesn't care if I give her or not all she care for is my well being

When I got to the point of paying her back, she left me.

To you guys who still have mum Pls take care of her because mine is gone

And pray may God shower on her his blessings and and protect her more than how she protected me when she was with me

21 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government / 300 Level UNICAL Student Dies In Her Sleep / When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.