Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

No Such Thing As An Unimportant Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Such Thing As An Unimportant Day (90 Views)

Is There Such Thing As Paradise? / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Such Thing As An Unimportant Day by SonofIssachar: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
After many years of service, retirement day has come. There was a formal ceremony. A large crowd of employees gathered around to bear witness. And the following conversation took place between the president of the company and the retiring employee:
The president said: “As a symbol of our gratitude, we have created this special gold watch to serve as a reminder of your many years with the company. It needs a lot of winding up, is always a little late, and every day at quarter to five, it stops working.”

What a way to go.

I started Monday of a particular week with giving a talk to a full-packed auditorium of students in a very well known university. And then this was followed by four continuous whole day leadership training seminars. Then excitedly faced the crowd of 6,000 teachers, gave a short talk designed to pay them tribute and inspire them to stick to their mission, meaning and purpose; and then rush out of the convention center immediately after the talk, got on a car, went out of town, did a training on the next morning, got back in the same car and rushed home on the same day. This is the story of my life.
People close to me tell me, “Francis, you don’t have to work so hard!”
You see they don’t understand. How could I tell them I am not working? While I may be physically tired I am most certainly inwardly fulfilled.

Inspired myself and energized by the smiles on the faces of the students, the senior executives of powerful business organizations and of course, my favorite audience the teachers; how in Heaven’s name could anyone ever thought about me working?
This is why I am absolutely convinced that there is no such thing as an unimportant day.
I would like to share with you this poem from an unknown source. (If you happen to discover who the author is, please do let me know so we can give proper credit.)

Don’t ever forget
Your presence is a gift to the world,
You’re unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be –
Take it one day at a time.
Count your blessings, not your troubles,
And you’ll make it through what comes along.

Within you are so many answers,
Understand, have courage, be strong.
Don’t put limits on yourself,
Your dreams are waiting to be realized.

Don’t leave your important decisions to chance –
Reach for your peak, your goal, and your prize.
Nothing wastes more energy than worrying –
The longer a problem is carried, the heavier it gets.
Don’t take things too seriously –
Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

Remember that a little love goes a long way –
Remember that a lot goes forever.
Remember that friendship is a wise investment,
Life’s treasures are people… together.

Have health and hope and happiness,
Take the time to wish on a star.
And don’t ever forget for even a day…
How very special YOU are!
God has created you for a purpose.
You did not come from apes.
You are wonderfully and beautifully made.
Make sure you make a difference where you are and you do it today.

By Francis J. Kong

Meditation: One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple. – Psalm 27:4

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

(1) (Reply)

Quote Of The Day / Are You Joy-deprived? / Toughness Or Stoneness For Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.