Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju (23881 Views)

National ICT Policy Discussion With Mr. Saheed Adepoju / Speeds Up Your Pc By 300% / I Removed D Hardware Graphics Acceleration On My Pc By Error.wat Can I Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by aieromon(m): 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2012
valeroso_h: I have the inye2 and its totally useless. use it for 30mins and it can as well serve as your hotplate to cook beans!
grin grin grin This some crazy shii!itttttt right here
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by linearity: 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2012
So why the guy no take CNN tour him factory where him build the "Inye" iPad?

Anyone can go to Alibaba to source manufacturers in China to brand their Electronic products in any name of your choosing...This guy got some sample of android iPad that he requested to be branded in his name and he is now looking for "funding" for bulk purchase from China, so that he can reduce the price based on the bulk purchase discount that China Company will give him.

Nonsense!
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by DualCore1: 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2012
CNN is really dumb. I can't leave France 24 for any other News channel.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by matrixme(m): 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
We've got our eyes on this tech product, mister. Just let us know how much one costs... And candid advise, Nigerian's won't queue for one, 'cos we're such self-styled. We would rather have it delivered to us in the convenience of our homes/offices, or a casual saturday shopping. B-)
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by denzel2009: 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2012
These devices are more technical than mass producing them like this. There are so many of them being sold online with hideous names. Don't waste your money buying it cos there wont be any support for them. A word is enough for the wise!
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by prettyboi1(m): 9:20pm On Mar 16, 2012
denzel2009: These devices are more technical than mass producing them like this. There are so many of them being sold online with hideous names. Don't waste your money buying it cos there wont be any support for them. A word is enough for the wise!
Mr man your pessimism is so saddening....go on their website & see for yourself a list of things they have on their project tables & one of the things on there is that they are making their brand's own application store & a support line as well,make inquiries before you conclude & for once give something good a chance (you don't expect them to be set up all at once do you? Two young men are just setting out,give them the chance & time). If you don't believe in yourself,some other Nigerians do believe in themselves.

http://enciphergroup.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Encipher-Limited/167738839926818?id=167738839926818&_rdr
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by denzel2009: 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2012
pretty_boi:
Mr man your pessimism is so saddening....go on their website & see for yourself a list of things they have on their project tables & one of the things on there is that they are making their brand's own application store & a support line as well,make inquiries before you conclude & for once give something good a chance (you don't expect them to be set up all at once do you? Two young men are just setting out,give them the chance & time). If you don't believe in yourself,some other Nigerians do believe in themselves.

It's not a matter of pessimism, if this guy is developing desktop computers or apps in google market, I'd have given him 100% support but tablets are relatively new and a delicate market to penetrat[i]e[/i]. HP had to pull their tablet from the market, RIM is struggling with playbook, there is sony tablet which no one is buying, acer aconia, htc and you are here talking about Inye?

1 Like

Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by retix: 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2012
This Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ a load of barnicleeeeeeeee!
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by LordReed(m): 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2012
Wuye District in Abuja has streets with names yet Encipher can not put the street name where they are located on their website. It might be seem inconsequential but believe me such companies come a dime a dozen.

My company also "manufactures" tablets called Majik Pads so clap for me too!
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 17, 2012
Nugwax: This Tablet is an android tablet, branded "Inye" as requested by The encipher "Group". Anybody can request that manufacturers in China brand a tablet in his or her name and there are many of them in the market. Micro-manna (a Kaduna based company) for instance has tablets branded in her name so also is "Wires and waves" (Somewhere off Toyin street in Ikeja). ComputerPort.biz At City Mall (Lagos Island) has several branded gadgets.
So, its not in any way "Nigeria's first tablet". They (Encipher) have no design lab nor Manufacturing plant in Nigeria. Their efforts should be commended but no need saying they've done what they haven't (they themselves don't even claim any of these). below is their address (which looks... I reserve my comment). Anyone who wants to know if Saheed or Anibe (Co founders of encipher) indeed made Nigeria's first tablet can call or pay a visit to confirm.

http://enciphergroup.com/contact/

Your comment may expose you to the risk of being branded an unpatriotic Nigerian with inferiority complex by clueless Nairalanders even when you speak the truth. Which of the components of that tablet shown was manufactured in Nigeria? None! Which companies produced the components? Where is Encipher's local manufacturing or even assembly plant located? This is the problem with Nigeria, instead of us to establish companies that will manufacture components and grow our specialization from there, we want to manufacture the whole product and end up assembling or worse still getting a Chinese company to brand a clone for us.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by queensmith: 10:36am On Mar 17, 2012
denzel2009:

It's not a matter of pessimism, if this guy is developing desktop computers or apps in google market, I'd have given him 100% support but tablets are relatively new and a delicate market to penetrat[i]e[/i]. HP had to pull their tablet from the market, RIM is struggling with playbook, there is sony tablet which no one is buying, acer aconia, htc and you are here talking about Inye?

But this is an andrid tab? I'd assume it will perform better than the ones you mentioned, it's linked to google which probably has the largest marketplace (or app store or whatever its called lol)
I'm no tecchie but I think this might have a chance- there are millions of tabs being produced out there but i think this one has a chance based on the patriotic marketing.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by denzel2009: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2012
queensmith:

But this is an andrid tab? I'd assume it will perform better than the ones you mentioned, it's linked to google which probably has the largest marketplace (or app store or whatever its called lol)
I'm no tecchie but I think this might have a chance- there are millions of tabs being produced out there but i think this one has a chance based on the patriotic marketing.

All these ones on amazon are android tabs too http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_6?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=tablet+pc&sprefix=tablet%2Ccomputers%2C214 and they are mostly shyte.

As a girl, would you have preferred inye to blackberry playbook if I want to give you a birthday present?

1 Like

Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by GB4: 4:50pm On Mar 17, 2012
Wereh kpe: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I must say I AM IMPRESSED with this INYE. Looks good and stylish.

I wish 9ja can just shut up and support our local products. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

By the way when this guys markets gets big (By the Grace of God very soon) he will b able to employ lots of the jobless pips on 9raland.
This makes sense instead of buying ipad n creating jobs abroad, lets support INYE and create jobs for u and I.

SO HAPPPY TO SEE THIS.

THUMBS UP 9jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I feel ur post, at least u r among the few that appreciate indigenous products... Its best for Naija to support him fully, lest he is taken abroad by those white wizards to better their own country but worsen things back in Naija. kudos Saheed....!
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by hakunamatata1: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2012
KINGwax: you dey madt with that religious comment u jst made. U no go live well

NL isn't meant 4 d mental dunce, who lack parental tutelage, manners nd have an askewed sense of courtesy. If u hav nothing sensible to contribute, u wld make a lot of sense by shutting up instead of insulting everybody here. Pls, grow up!
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by coded777: 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2012
Bad belle nigerians
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by queensmith: 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2012
denzel2009:
All these ones on amazon are android tabs too http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_6?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=tablet+pc&sprefix=tablet%2Ccomputers%2C214 and they are mostly shyte.

As a girl, would you have preferred inye to blackberry playbook if I want to give you a birthday present?

TBH I see pc tablets as glorified ipods, nothing they do that my old htc cannot. As a business owner i'm still trying to wrap my head around how using a pad will help me with retail operations? Call me ignorant but the only reason I won't sell the playbook immediately is because of the messenger grin grin or skype thats even if it works, or maybe if it has a good camera. . .and takes nice photos of my face tongue

Sha sha, inye might still have a chance, I won't compare it to the other non android tabs because the android OS seems to have more potential?
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Vergil: 12:54am On Mar 18, 2012
Nigerian s!!!!

Anyway, I understand sha!
While u lot are "jubilating" read this..:

androidpads.com/the-moonse-e7001-aka-irobot-the-7-inch-android-ipad-clone-from-shenzhen/05/2010/
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by fabraham(m): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2012
So proud of 9ja.we can produce car(innoson) and now 'INYE'.Kudos to you Anibe and Saheed.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by member479760: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2012
IT SEEM ANYONE CAN MAKE THIS,OTHER FOR THE PARTS FROM THOSE IBO BOYS ASSEMBLE IT, CALL CNN THAT ISIT.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by texazzpete(m): 11:24am On Mar 18, 2012
pretty_boi:
Stop talking trash man.....the new one which was premiered on cnn runs android 3.0

Stop talking trash, m0r0n. On encipher's website the specs are listed there for their Inye 2 tablet.

http://enciphergroup.com/2011/05/inye-2-specs-pictures/

it runs Android 2.2...
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by texazzpete(m): 11:26am On Mar 18, 2012
queensmith:

it's not about the software only, the hardware matters also. Tablets from established manufacturers like Samsung, HP and RIM will have more polished implementation of the software, far better hardware build quality and provide updates for a while.

That's more than you can say for this cheap chinese clone.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by suyamasta(m): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2012
my own be say make dem dia company continue 2 d improve on the quality of the tab! And make the price d affordable chikena!
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by AfroBlue(m): 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
20 July 2012 Last updated at 04:49 ET

Nigeria's low-cost tablet computer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-18895366
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by TerryCarr(m): 7:49am On Jul 22, 2012
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Zahara78(f): 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2012
Inye - One
Mbini- Two
Ntathu- Three
Zine- Four
Zintlanu- Five.... Typical Xhosa numerics... wink wink wink
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by annegirl: 1:16am On Jul 25, 2012
The post generated here just show the state of Mind of the Nigerian people and that they do not know what it takes for company to be developed or provide jobs that we are crying for.
people really? Give ma a break. we buy many shoes, jean, bags from China that are low quality and dont last for more thna three month and each importation we make from China put food on their damn TABLE. WE DO NOT HAVE MONEY COMING IN FROM ABROAD, WE RECYCLED THE ONES at home to import from abroad and create jobs for them living Nigeria jobless.

What are you guys saying, Iphone was design in USA, the bodywork was done in China, the battery - i do no know. but because more than about 45% was assembled in USA it can bear the flag of Made in USA.

The first Apple computer now MAC isn'
t that great, the first operating system is not excellent. This is a first product, regardless of where it is made from you guys should support it because quality or not if every Nigeria get that copy, then it will employ no less than 5000 workers around the country and have the financial resources to improve the product.

Ok you guys should continue to buy made in USA, CHINA etc. MAKE THEM MORE RICH AND GIVE THEM JOBS. AND Nigeria will remain as it is and you wont even get visa to go and clean their table.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by valerosoh: 7:48am On Aug 09, 2012
All you guys talking about being patriotic and supporting a nigerian should put your money where your mouth is. When and IF you do buy the inye tablet then come back and let's discuss.

I have encipher's inye, amazon's kindle(which is just a reader btw but I still rate it higher than the inye tablet), amazon's kindle fire and apple's ipad 2 and I have to say that the inye is just trash, not trying to bash the work of someone else but just saying it as it is. No point in siding something you know nothing about.

Go buy the inye, use it for one day, then come back to post your review.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Horus(m): 1:24am On Sep 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEbGl5HUjwY

Nigeria's Tablet Computer Pioneer

Saheed Adepoju's Encipher provides a hands-on experience of his company's second generation android tablet device, INYE 2
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by donmike122(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
What good is a tablet without phone call functions and 2G
Geal forever introduces the NEW 7 inch PHABLET,
Android tablet with mobile phone function!!
Simply insert your SIM card with
850/900/1800/1900 MHz frequency and
use it as an Android SMARTPHONE!
Supports Google Play Store, Skype,
Netflix, YouTube, Flash, and more!
Leather keyboard case available!
Frequency: 2G GSM 850/900/1800/1900
Operation System: Android 4.0
CPU: 1.3GHz
Screen: 7 inch Capacitive touchscreen 16:9
TFT 800x480
G-Sensor: 2 axis
RAM: DDR3 512MB
Internal Memory: 4GB Nand flash
External Memory:Supports up to 1 x 32GB
MicroSD card
Wifi: 802.11b/g/n
Camera: front: 0.3 Megapixels + back: 2.0
Megapixels
Music Format: MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, AC3,
AAC+, RealAudio
Video Format: AVI, MOV, MP4, ASF, WMV,
RM, RMVB, 3GP, M4A, MPG, FLV
Battery: 3.7V/2300mAh
Everyone here knows this new tablet should cost at least 60k.....
heres a promo for you guys, for. 26500 Naira, this tablet would be yours with a free universal stylus pen...you cant get a deal like this anywhere......I can assure you.....
Call me on 07066874267 or email gealforever@yahoo.com to place your order..
am Olamide....it can only get better....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Fix Sound Problem On Laptop / Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k / Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.