Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju (23878 Views)

National ICT Policy Discussion With Mr. Saheed Adepoju / Speeds Up Your Pc By 300% / I Removed D Hardware Graphics Acceleration On My Pc By Error.wat Can I Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2011
I just heard on BBC-Focus on Africa, that there is somebody called Saheed Adepoju in Abuja who has built a tablet computer.

1 Like

Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by htajz: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2011
duh my dad owns an ovim pc tablet make in aba i think grin grin
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by obaytoto: 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2011
likewise myself my grand father has it too.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by htajz: 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2011
this is nigeria first pc tablet, lets stop trying to discredit other people
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-562495.0.html

1 Like

Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2011

Where is the value-add in a lowly spec'd gadget which costs upwards N45,000?

Sorry to have to rain down on Encipher's parade, but I would have preferred to see a fit-for-purpose gadget like the $35 Aakash tablet launched by India with so much fanfare yesterday than an expensive and yet lowly spec'd gizmo which would only appeal to our faddish youth culture.

Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encipher_Inye
Encipher Inye The Encipher Inye is a tablet PC developed by The Encipher Group. It was announced on 8 May 2010 and released in Nigeria that same year. It is powered by an Telechips Tcc8902 ARM 11 800Mhz processor and runs on Android version 2.1 aka Eclair.

"The name "Inye" means 'The One' in Igala, a language in Nigeria."

http://mobility.com.ng/2010/11/25/update-on-encipher-inye-android-tablet/
The Inye tablet’s price point is certainly more comfortable for those who find the Samsung Galaxy Tab a bit pricey. There are two versions:
16GB HD, 512MB RAM, 1.3MP Camera, other specs remain the same – N60,000
4GB HD, 256MB RAM, No Camera, other specs remain the same – N45,000

1 Like

Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2011
htajz:

this is nigeria first pc tablet, lets stop trying to discredit other people
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-562495.0.html

What happened to the tablet? Is it even being usedin Nigeria undecided

@Post

If it WORKs and if its inexpensive then thumbs up. Nigerians need to take their citizens into consideration, not everyone is rich or middle class.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by prettyboi1(m): 11:45am On Mar 16, 2012
CNN just premiered the tablet now now & believe me I was very very impressed. I pray God Blesses this guys market & hustle...it would really make me proud & I believe it would make the whole of Nigeria proud. The cnn reporters were really impressed & happy (believe me) but they said they were really disappointed that Nigerians weren't excited about their own stuff.....I saw the tablet & it was cooooooooooooooooooollllllll & the price's fair. I love the name too,Saheed said "inye" means "first" in one of our languages. God Bless Nigeria & God Bless inye & that Saheed guy. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by mukina2: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2012
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by lilkech(m): 12:46pm On Mar 16, 2012
aba tablet pc ?

I'd rather buy P3 desktop than that ish for now
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by ifyalways(f): 12:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
Nice one!

Guys like dayo are busy researching on puccies and tits on and beyond nld.lol
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Nugwax(m): 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
This Tablet is an android tablet, branded "Inye" as requested by The encipher "Group". Anybody can request that manufacturers in China brand a tablet in his or her name and there are many of them in the market. Micro-manna (a Kaduna based company) for instance has tablets branded in her name so also is "Wires and waves" (Somewhere off Toyin street in Ikeja). ComputerPort.biz At City Mall (Lagos Island) has several branded gadgets.
So, its not in any way "Nigeria's first tablet". They (Encipher) have no design lab nor Manufacturing plant in Nigeria. Their efforts should be commended but no need saying they've done what they haven't (they themselves don't even claim any of these). below is their address (which looks... I reserve my comment). Anyone who wants to know if Saheed or Anibe (Co founders of encipher) indeed made Nigeria's first tablet can call or pay a visit to confirm.

http://enciphergroup.com/contact/

Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Ganys: 12:56pm On Mar 16, 2012
wow, i'm so excited. At least something good is
comming out of a NIGERIAN MUSLIM GUY. enough of
of this BOKO HARAM BOMBING report everytime. I'm really
happy for Saheed and also happy for Nigerian Muslims
and christian. At least, we are making progress.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Nugwax(m): 1:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
^^^^

Saheed was Born a Muslim but today is a born-again christian. Anibe is also a christian. Please lets leave Religion out of this. The point here is- a Nigerian has done something commendable. Lets encourage him and leave tribe and religion out of it.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by ektbear: 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
nice
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Standing5(m): 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2012
At least better than nothing. Nice work saheed
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by MusicCafe: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2012
Nugwax: ^^^^

Saheed was Born a Muslim but today is a born-again christian. Anibe is also a christian. Please lets leave Religion out of this. The point here is- a Nigerian has done something commendable. Lets encourage him and leave tribe and religion out of it.

As much as you want to leave religion out of the discussion, you misinformation is of epic proportion...Saheed is a muslim QED. what will you gain by lying though?

1 Like

Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
pretty_boi: CNN just premiered the tablet now now & believe me I was very very impressed. I pray God Blesses this guys market & hustle...it would really make me proud & I believe it would make the whole of Nigeria proud. The cnn reporters were really impressed & happy (believe me) but they said they were really disappointed that Nigerians weren't excited about their own stuff.....I saw the tablet & it was cooooooooooooooooooollllllll & the price's fair. I love the name too,Saheed said "inye" means "first" in one of our languages. God Bless Nigeria & God Bless inye & that Saheed guy. Amen.
amen
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by DualCore1: 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
China will make anything you want and put your brand name on it.
What's the concept here guys? Are we celebrating an indigenous product or a branded "chinko" android device?

I cannot blame the guy because he never for once said he made it (as in the video). I am blaming the media. How is this "made in Nigeria"? The parts were not even assembled here. angry

Which kind country be this? sad

And see Nairalanders shouting they are proud. . .
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by atasteve: 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2012
I still give it to the guy. Welldone at least he has given Nigeria good publicity. grin
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by 2nex(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2012
ds is gr8 wel done bro!
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by tunde300us(m): 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2012
Great stuff, its been long i saw a good news come out of Nigeria,atleast its not how many is dead that we are talking about now.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by daywatcher: 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
I want one o...does any one have info on price? A tablet pc is a tablet pc, Shebi make jus dey swipe my finger on the screen ni?

Omo if our leaders had vision.....
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by trillville(m): 2:21pm On Mar 16, 2012
up zamani college kaduna for developing such hardworking and brilliant minds. 3 gboza for saheed and anibe.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by KINGwax(m): 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2012
Ganys: wow, i'm so excited. At least something good is
comming out of a NIGERIAN MUSLIM GUY. enough of
of this BOKO HARAM BOMBING report everytime. I'm really
happy for Saheed and also happy for Nigerian Muslims
and christian. At least, we are making progress.
you dey madt with that religious comment u jst made. U no go live well
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by KINGwax(m): 2:35pm On Mar 16, 2012
Dual Core: China will make anything you want and put your brand name on it.
What's the concept here guys? Are we celebrating an indigenous product or a branded "chinko" android device?

I cannot blame the guy because he never for once said he made it (as in the video). I am blaming the media. How is this "made in Nigeria"? The parts were not even assembled here. angry

YOU'RE SO MUCH AN ¡DIOT
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by DualCore1: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2012
KINGwax: YOU'RE SO MUCH AN ¡DIOT

Thanks, you can move on with your life. Live free, die happy.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Afam4eva(m): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2012
Dual Core: China will make anything you want and put your brand name on it.

Thanks you jare. China can make and mass produce anything for anyone if given the specification. It's no biggie.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by Werehkpe: 3:43pm On Mar 16, 2012
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I must say I AM IMPRESSED with this INYE. Looks good and stylish.

I wish 9ja can just shut up and support our local products. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

By the way when this guys markets gets big (By the Grace of God very soon) he will b able to employ lots of the jobless pips on 9raland.
This makes sense instead of buying ipad n creating jobs abroad, lets support INYE and create jobs for u and I.

SO HAPPPY TO SEE THIS.

THUMBS UP 9jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by pzing: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2012
Nice one! Keep it up Saheed.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by queensmith: 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2012
it's a good idea- well done to him for thinking of that.

Now he just needs an apple styled pc called ayettymama and his brand will truly make sense grin grin grin
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by princejude(m): 5:00pm On Mar 16, 2012
duh my dad owns an ovim pc tablet make in aba i think
OVIM tablet PC is made in KADUNA by MICROSCALE EMBEDDED LTD and fasmicro www.microscale-embedded.com http://www.facebook.com/microscale. The new versions are OVIM PLUS and OMNIPAD. Their latest product in market is AUTOMATIC CHANGE OVER SWITCH.
Re: 'Inye': Made In Nigeria Tablet PC By Saheed Adepoju by valerosoh: 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2012
I have the inye and its totally useless. use it for 30mins and it can as well serve as your hotplate to cook beans!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Fix Sound Problem On Laptop / Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k / Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.