Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,726 members, 7,837,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? (24785 Views)

What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture? / As A Christian What Will You Do If You Found This? / Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Kukutenla: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2023
Neoteny7:

And you roll around the ground like a dirty pig happy in shiit

Argue with the dirt all over your body
Who rolls around the ground? You must be confused.
Some of you even hit your head on asphalt roads were cows and goats pee. The buffoonery!!
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by one4GOD(f): 10:44am On Jul 16, 2023
ebubeson:
Some may love kneeling down mostly when praying or standing or lying down or walking or sitting. Whichever way, let your prayers be of quality..

So what is your best posture or position when praying?
standing and kneeling
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Tochi3(m): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2023
[quote author=AmVeryOk post=124451749][/quote]

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Tochi3(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2023
Umsworld:

So all this people hate people and gods they claim they worship [b]Ihateheadslammers
Tochi3 irunoko SAMBARRY Ezeama400 Pakman Wutinky Sergio10 Rayban25 [/b]

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by phemmyfour: 11:34am On Jul 16, 2023
ebubeson:
Some may love kneeling down mostly when praying or standing or lying down or walking or sitting. Whichever way, let your prayers be of quality..

In Christianity, the position of the body count for nothing. It's more of the heart and the act of prayer that's important
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Wisejohnson47(m): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2023
ItsReal:
In Matthew 26:39 and Mark 14:35, we are told Jesus fell with his head (face) toward the ground and he prayed. However, does Scripture reveal other ways God's people prayed? Yes

Kneeling - 1 Kings 8:54; Daniel 6:10 (and prayed three times per day); Acts 7:60, 20:36; Ephesians 3:14; Philippians 2:9-11.
Standing - 2 Chronicles 20:5.
Facedown - Numbers 16:22, 20:6; Joshua 5:14; Revelation 7:11.
Hands Raised - Psalms 134:2, 141:2.

Numbers 20:6

Then Moses and Aaron came in from the presence of the assembly to the doorway of the tent of meeting and fell on their faces. Then the glory of the Lord appeared to them;

1 Chronicles 29:20

Then David said to all the assembly, “Now bless the Lord your God.” And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the Lord and to the king.

Revelation 7:11

And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

Genesis 17:3

Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,

1 Kings 18:39

When all the people saw it, they fell on their faces; and they said, “The Lord, He is God; the Lord, He is God.”

Nehemiah 8:6

Then Ezra blessed the Lord the great God. And all the people answered, “Amen, Amen!” while lifting up their hands; then they bowed low and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

Matthew 2:11

After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

Matthew 17:6

Verse Concepts

When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified.

Matthew 26:39

And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.”

1 Samuel 24:8

Now afterward David arose and went out of the cave and called after Saul, saying, “My lord the king!” And when Saul looked behind him, David bowed with his face to the ground and prostrated himself.

Ihateheadslammers
Tochi3 irunoko SAMBARRY Ezeama400 Pakman Wutinky Sergio10 Rayban25
very informative God bless you
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by HeadNigga: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
GoodIsGod:

You made complete sense.

Because there is nowhere you can't pray therefore you can pray in any position.

Praying in the bus must you kneel down?

Or in the Airplane must you lie face down to pray.

Many don't consider all these.
thanks.
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Quebec91(m): 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
lomprico:
Does it matter? undecided

Una go just de create stupid threads upandan.

Another idiot will soon come up with 'best cloth to wear when praying '
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Ebony2King: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
Almiron:
Me I no dey pray o.

I thought u usually pray to Messi’s hairy balls 😂
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by ahamonyeka(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
Last one especially when i woke early for work
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Almiron: 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ebony2King:

I thought u usually pray to Messi’s hairy balls 😂
yes nah, me and your demented wretched father😂
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Neoteny7: 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
Kukutenla:

Who rolls around the ground? You must be confused.
Some of you even hit your head on asphalt roads were cows and goats pee. The buffoonery!!

Yeah we've seen you demented fukks rolling around, especially your women, rolling and wailing and hitting the ground like some sick cult.

Check the OP, you'll see in the diagram your methods of supplication including head slamming and rock-and-rolling.
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Ebony2King: 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
Almiron:
yes nah, me and your demented wretched father😂

It doesn’t matter whether u mention my whole family join 😂. Atleast I’m glad u agreed that you’re a Messi coccck sucker 😂 and a dumbo, that’s all that matters
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Abdulmumin412(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2023
ItsReal:
In Matthew 26:39 and Mark 14:35, we are told Jesus fell with his head (face) toward the ground and he prayed. However, does Scripture reveal other ways God's people prayed? Yes

Kneeling - 1 Kings 8:54; Daniel 6:10 (and prayed three times per day); Acts 7:60, 20:36; Ephesians 3:14; Philippians 2:9-11.

Then Moses and Aaron came in from the presence of the assembly to the doorway of the tent of meeting and fell on their faces. Then the glory of the Lord appeared to them;

Then David said to all the assembly, “Now bless the Lord your God.” And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the Lord and to the king.

And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

When all the people saw it, they fell on their faces; and they said, “The Lord, He is God; the Lord, He is God.”

Then Ezra blessed the Lord the great God. And all the people answered, “Amen, Amen!” while lifting up their hands; then they bowed low and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

Verse Concepts

When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified.

And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.”

Now afterward David arose and went out of the cave and called after Saul, saying, “My lord the king!” And when Saul looked behind him, David bowed with his face to the ground and prostrated himself.

Ihateheadslammers and partners in crime..
Muslim way of praying

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Chigold101(m): 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Benjaniblinks:
undecided
Sitting yoga so I can connect my spirit properly....
The question says "as a Christian."
In Christianity, we don't practice yoga.
So if you practice yoga then you are not Christian
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by magzey: 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
Is it not in the Bible ? Why not Copy what the Bible say or How Jesus uses to pray to his Creator? 🤔
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Yomboy4ever(m): 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2023
I like to prostate but na devil dey use am cos after 5 minutes I go don sleep...
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by uridiwan(m): 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
Your scripture truly illustrate that Jesus was a Muslim
ItsReal:

Verse Concepts

Ihateheadslammers and partners in crime..
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by GoodIsGod: 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2023
lomprico:

Idiot! You are the fool. Did the god you are praying to as you for a posture when praying? It's idiots like you that are making Christianity look like a joke. Get lost!

You still remain a Fool and you are making me to suspect if your parents are not the same as you are.

A goat gives birth to a goat.

Stop displaying inherited madness on a CHRISTIAN thread.

I have zero tolerance for mad men and kids.
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Calitoscassius(m): 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nakid with my ass sticking up, grin grin grin

Prayer my butt!
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Benjaniblinks(m): 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
Chigold101:

The question says "as a Christian."
In Christianity, we don't practice yoga.
So if you practice yoga then you are not Christian
Where's it in the bible not to practice yoga?
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Iamzik: 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
hansomb:
We Muslims observe all in one prayer . When my grandfather visited a non Muslim Dr. The doctor urge him to be doing light exercises to improve his body, mind and soul. My grandfather demonstrated the Muslim way of praying and the Dr says that mode of exercise is very good not knowing it a way Muslims pray compulsory/mandatory 5 times a day ( 2+4+4+3+4 combo) + other voluntary ones in-between. Islam is indeed a blessing to mankind.

Congratulations!!🙂

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Iamzik: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Yomboy4ever:
I like to prostate but na devil dey use am cos after 5 minutes I go don sleep...

So relatable 🤣
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by judedwriter(m): 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
Walking worshipping God 🚶‍♂️
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Assurance2023: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
ebubeson:

Doggy is my best position when praying
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by emmyileri(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by okoroemeka(m): 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2023
ebubeson:

if you like do frog jump prayer posture if you don't have a product or render a service no amount of prayer will help you,if you like go and lie down in front of the altar on Tuesday morning or fast like John the baptist
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by nizelgirl(f): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
Kneeling and walking.
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Dharmiejoe(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2023
Baseless post. Not everything about Christianity should be asked online. Study the Bible and discover God
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by jonero4(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
I use kolanut and dry gin, and i sit down and pray
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? by Tingotoe: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2023
GoodIsGod:

Yes I am a very good ambassador of Christ.
Many of you idiots think christians should be so meek to receive your insults. No! Many of us don't take nonesense.

Jesus drove the iddiotts like you out of the synagogue with a whip.
Oh! You never heard that?

Proverbs 26:4-5 – Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eye.

I use the bolded to put your demonic ego to correction.

AS A CHRISTIAN I AM INSTRUCTED TO USE EITHER OF THE TWO INSTRUCTIONS.
SO, I DECIDED TO USE THE LATER.

I am not sorry for calling you and others who mock our God Fools.

You are not just a Fool but a very BIG one.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Do you fear God?
You don't even believe there is one.

Guy, you lack wisdom.

You are a FOOL!

Period!

I like the energy you put up in writing your fruitless epistle but you're still a white man's slave and would remain so till the rest of your life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching / I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.