Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,539 members, 7,861,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:31 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (316285 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (295) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 10:38pm On May 21
fullclub:
When we say stop coming to the UK for now, save ur self the stress. It's better using that money to open a business, expand ur business or look for anykind visa n not student visa , other cheaper countries to go.
Here is the result.

Right now Some are still in one place saying I will try
my own case is different,
grace differs
If u no succeed, come back let others replace u

things are really hard at the moment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 10:41pm On May 21
fullclub:

I have seen people work pay their fees.i won't go into details. But now getting this jobs is another story.

that was years ago
.not today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 11:56pm On May 21
RodgersAkpafu:

things are really hard at the moment
Always been hard but it's doable if you are determined
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fastseo: 12:10am On May 22
abuhusna1:

Can u explain more. So that we can learn how because am determined
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gerrard59(m): 2:28am On May 22
tensazangetsu20:

It's not about the tuition itself. It's about what is required of you to successfully finish one. If one isn't ready to study, then a PhD is a very huge mistake.

I can speak for STEM, don't know about others. But coming here has made me further respect a PhD holder in a scientific and engineering field from a university, especially an elite one, in the developed world. I used to think PhD was just lab work and reporting, but it entails a lot - proper painstaking research, accurate reportage of data, conference attendance, thesis writing, paper writing and submission, accurate use of equipment etc.

PhD no easy o.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:35am On May 22
Gerrard59:

I can speak for STEM, don't know about others. But coming here has made me further respect a PhD holder in a scientific and engineering field from a university, especially an elite one, in the developed world. I used to think PhD was just lab work and reporting, but it entails a lot - proper painstaking research, accurate reportage of data, conference attendance, thesis writing, paper writing and submission, accurate use of equipment etc.

PhD no easy o.

Phd is not easy anywhere o. I had a housemate from colombia doing his Phd and came to chile for a semester and omho I pitied the guy o. So much studying for what wont bring money grin grin grin. Studying, researching, going to lab, writing papers. You must publish papers to graduate. All that cause you want to japa lol. The phd also doesnt give you an edge with regards to getting a job except its in an indemand field like artificial intelligence or data science.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 4:25am On May 22
tensazangetsu20:

Phd is not easy anywhere o. I had a housemate from colombia doing his Phd and came to chile for a semester and omho I pitied the guy o. So much studying for what wont bring money grin grin grin. Studying, researching, going to lab, writing papers. You must publish papers to graduate. All that cause you want to japa lol. The phd also doesnt give you an edge with regards to getting a job except its in an indemand field like artificial intelligence or data science.

I agree with you. The rise of advanced AI chat box has made things easier though.

I was able to sort out a mini project in my course in one week, sth that would have taken me one month plus without chatgpt-4 (subscribed version)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by DonroxyII: 9:26am On May 22
Gerrard59:

PhD no easy o.
Academic Shapes The World of Humanities if not for the critical thinking & Meditations of Some Scholars & Without Any Humongous Pay-Wealth Thereof Unlike Those That Makes Huge Monies out of It ... The World of Humanities Wouldn't have been like Today as we known it !

Nevertheless, as Some people are making landbreaking Breakthrough in Knowledges Via Academic Some People are Utilising it for Businesses....

You can't have it all, Your Brain Would Wear Out, You must Know Your Position In the Value Chains !

If not for Petrochemical Engineers, What does Dangote know about Refinery .... That is Not His Field nor his Expertise .... But He Can Turned Knowledges into Wealth ... He is a Businesses Man..

Most Staunch Petrochemical Engineers don't have Businesses Brains Because They Would have Hyper Utilised Their Mindsets On Research & Developments of Crude While Businesses Involves A whole Lot of Associations & Relationships....

They all have to work together to Creating Wealth for Humanities....That's how the World Works πŸ’ͺ.....

But Humanities are blind to only "Monies" ... Without Paying Attentions to Those who Researched Those Resources For It's Values Before Wealths Could Be Created From Them grin ....

Na Who we see we dey call but behind the scene some people are sweating while eating crumps ...

Einstein is never know to be a Billionaire but his work has made many to becoming Billionaires !

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lexybaba1234: 10:09am On May 22
As shown in the immigration salary list, there is a special discount for PhD STEM graduates. They can be easily sponsored irrespective of the age.

However it is important to look at the cost Vs benefits 😁

Gerrard59:

PhD no easy o.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Elolam87(m): 11:56am On May 22
Crisis-hit university students ordered to leave UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c888926qx58o.amp
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EnigmaticDude: 12:47pm On May 22
Thank you
heykims:

No, your sponsor can only be your patents or spouse.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 12:52pm On May 22
abuhusna1:

with what I see people go through
highly impossible
especially as there are no dependant to support u.
in fact mandating students to pay half before coming was even a blessing because back then when I applied for sch
they were asking for 2k

imagine coming here and having to pay the remaining 11k plus maintainance plus pressure from naija
in 2024?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by RodgersAkpafu: 12:55pm On May 22
PhD in a finance related field no be beans

In fact, PhD in any field no easy rara
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 2:13pm On May 22
This came in today.
Nigerian students protesting in Teesside University.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MiKiel: 2:20pm On May 22
Hello!

I deposited my POF on April 26.

Counting 28-days started April 27 - May 25.

However, the first transaction on the bank statement is May 2.

Will ECO count from from April 27 (28 days) or May 2 (23 days)?

Summary Statement for 27-04-2024 to 25-05-2024

My concern is does the date of the first transaction matter or not?

Thank you!

Cashmadam
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 2:28pm On May 22
heykims:
This came in today.

Sounding the alarm should be our priority now but Nigerians would think you don't want them to come.

I am in the same shoe with them just that my university hasn't thrown me out but they have sent warning once and gave me duration of time to balance up. I have been here since February 3rd and I haven't got a job. Thank God for a concerned nairalander I met on this thread who lives in the same city with me. He is the one who usually refer me to a place for night shift just to have some change in my pocket. Coming to UK on a study Visa without full tuition is the worst decision any Nigerian can make now. Jobs are scarce to get sef.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by SpongeBobSP: 2:38pm On May 22
heykims:
This came in today.

This is the reality for most people now.
Do proper research before choosing a uni now, they're not taking it easy with foreign students as was that case just 12-18 months ago
Things changed quickly with the new policies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lexybaba1234: 3:18pm On May 22
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c888926qx58o

According to BBC
SpongeBobSP:

This is the reality for most people now.
Do proper research before choosing a uni now, they're not taking it easy with foreign students as was that case just 12-18 months ago
Things changed quickly with the new policies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by TelegramLord(m): 3:23pm On May 22
If POF is in a domiciliary dollar account, does someone have to preform transaction on it to make it active? Or it doesn't matter?
I have no reason/need to make a transaction on the account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Treadway: 5:18pm On May 22
heykims:
This came in today.
pathetic and annoying! and I ain't sorry to say it.

When they (Home office) change the rules and adopt block accounts like Germany now, or even outrightly blacklist Nigerians
from student visas, everybody eye go clear. Even then, Nigerians will still yammer cos na birthright apparently

Quick question, do these people think Nigerians are the only international students? Why in the hell do you think/assume that the university will bend over backwards for you cos you are from Nigeria and your useless leaders are doing what they know how to do best? Awon ko lo koba yin na.

We be making too much noise, as usual. Meanwhile, fact is una no rish

Shior.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fastseo: 5:57pm On May 22
heykims:
This came in today.

Brother I see first hand sufferings of Nigerians in UK.. Honestly if anyone don't have fees biko stay back

Nigerians those that came last year September a lot stay 5 months no job no light no gas running in house.... They own landlords rents... Food problem.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 6:20pm On May 22
Prigozhin:

Sounding the alarm should be our priority now but Nigerians would think you don't want them to come.

I am in the same shoe with them just that my university hasn't thrown me out but they have sent warning once and gave me duration of time to balance up. I have been here since February 3rd and I haven't got a job. Thank God for a concerned nairalander I met on this thread who lives in the same city with me. He is the one who usually refer me to a place for night shift just to have some change in my pocket. Coming to UK on a study Visa without full tuition is the worst decision any Nigerian can make now. Jobs are scarce to get sef.

I created an article around October 2023 when I landed in the UK and saw the situation and struggling and I quickly put down an article that hit front page. Warning Nigerians to put a hold.

U are in Nigeria and was able to safe 20m why throw it into the river saying Nigeria hard?

Previously even those that went and succeeded most are because their dependant saw jobs and that was when jobs full ground. And even at that they struggled to pay their fees.

Anyone on this page still on the process of paying for CAS or applying for September intake must ask him self:
Do I have fees 100%
Do I have house rent 100%
If yes then proceed.

But if no better keep the money in the bank and earn interest if u don't have anything to do with the money.

Believe me many Nigerians have been sent home.
I writing u... This month Is my final month to pay my fees like this i get like 3400 to balance school . Na where I wan get that from? Mind u I came with dependant
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 6:27pm On May 22
Treadway:
pathetic and annoying! and I ain't sorry to say it.

When they (Home office) change the rules and adopt block accounts like Germany now, or even outrightly blacklist Nigerians
from student visas, everybody eye go clear. Even then, Nigerians will still yammer cos na birthright apparently

Quick question, do these people think Nigerians are the only international students? Why in the hell do you think/assume that the university will bend over backwards for you cos you are from Nigeria and your useless leaders are doing what they know how to do best? Awon ko lo koba yin na.

We be making too much noise, as usual. Meanwhile, fact is una no rish

Shior.

Doing Nigerian a favour or Nigeria doing them a favour?

How many British go to uni compared to Nigeria?
How many are able to pay 20k for MSC?

due to the drop of Nigerian students most universities are not able to sustain most departments.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Treadway: 6:57pm On May 22
fullclub:

due to the drop of Nigerian students most universities are not able to sustain most departments.

bro, pls correct that misinformation, just in case you are serious. The facts have been out since last year bro.

International students are sustaining the universities, not Nigerians. Nigerians are a small sub-set of those international students! The only negative reason we got recognition by home-office is that despite that the Nigerian student numbers are smaller than the rest of international students, we ended up bringing in more dependents than almost all the other intl student dependent numbers combined!

Why aren't the Chinese protesting or the Indians, or even freaking Ghanaians or all the international students from various countries not protesting at Teeside? See why I say they are being a nuisance?

The Nigerian maladministration and also the 'risk factor' that most if not all of them indulged in, caught up with them. It is painful yea, but they should take their L and re-strategize and not this stoopid protest.

You can't decide terms for the university or expect special treatment because unfortunately you have useless leaders back home that fuckkkkked things up for you. Fact is, it is none of the university's concern...and this protest will achieve nothing but even cause problems for others in the future. Maybe when Nigerians get blacklisted from applying for student visas in many of their universities people will understand.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 7:15pm On May 22
fullclub:

Why should Nigerians do the British, a favour?

By the way, Nigerians are not even half of the number of international students from China,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 7:42pm On May 22
Mindlog:

Why should Nigerians do the British, a favour?

By the way, Nigerians are not even half of the number of international students from China,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fullclub: 7:47pm On May 22
Treadway:
bro, pls correct that misinformation, just in case you are serious. The facts have been out since last year bro.

International students are sustaining the universities, not Nigerians. Nigerians are a small sub-set of those international students! The only negative reason we got recognition by home-office is that despite that the Nigerian student numbers are smaller than the rest of international students, we ended up bringing in more dependents than almost all the other intl student dependent numbers combined!

Why aren't the Chinese protesting or the Indians, or even freaking Ghanaians or all the international students from various countries not protesting at Teeside? See why I say they are being a nuisance?

The Nigerian maladministration and also the 'risk factor' that most if not all of them indulged in, caught up with them. It is painful yea, but they should take their L and re-strategize and not this stoopid protest.

You can't decide terms for the university or expect special treatment because unfortunately you have useless leaders back home that fuckkkkked things up for you. Fact is, it is none of the university's concern...and this protest will achieve nothing but even cause problems for others in the future. Maybe when Nigerians get blacklisted from applying for student visas in many of their universities people will understand.

What I wrote up there is a statement from my lecturer. He said the naira devaluation today is a reflection of the financial crisis rocking UK universities.

My school today is giving 5k to Nigerians just to accept their offer. Some school are doing whatever stuff they can to get Nigerians.

U know why Nigeria is an important mrkt to them from ages.
So let's not underestimate Nigerian power.

China and India has over 1 billion population each compared to Nigeria with 200k yet we are pulling such string in edu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Damilare5882(m): 7:47pm On May 22
Hello everyone , I am currently at the point of uploading documents for my Visa application. I had previous refusal from Canada student visa application last year and I have declared it in my UK application. My question is --- Should I upload the refusal letter as part of the documents I am submitting ?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cashmadam: 7:58pm On May 22
Damilare5882:
Hello everyone , I am currently at the point of uploading documents for my Visa application. I had previous refusal from Canada student visa application last year and I have declared it in my UK application. My question is --- Should I upload the refusal letter as part of the documents I am submitting ?

Thank you.

Yes you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cashmadam: 8:01pm On May 22
MiKiel:
Hello!

I deposited my POF on April 26.

Counting 28-days started April 27 - May 25.

However, the first transaction on the bank statement is May 2.

Will ECO count from from April 27 (28 days) or May 2 (23 days)?

Summary Statement for 27-04-2024 to 25-05-2024

My concern is does the date of the first transaction matter or not?

Thank you!

Cashmadam

He/she will count from April 27 (I assume your POF balance met the minimum required on this date).

If you added money on 2 May to ensure you POF balance met the minimum required, then you count 28 days from 2 May.

I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Damilare5882(m): 8:04pm On May 22
Cashmadam:

Yes you can.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MiKiel: 8:24pm On May 22
Cashmadam:

He/she will count from April 27 (I assume your POF balance met the minimum required on this date).

If you added money on 2 May to ensure you POF balance met the minimum required, then you count 28 days from 2 May.

I hope this helps.

Yes. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (295) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

Viewing this topic: Dhejy7, Nezzjnr, AquilaW, RodgersAkpafu, Vikkystar(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.