Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,798 members, 7,827,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? (18627 Views)

Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Wives Living In Nigeria And Husbands Abroad: My Encounter / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Meedon: 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying to yourself! It is the same power that happens to be in the hands of the citizens that your politicians work to manipulate come to every election people in order to keep themselves in power. They cannot do that without using the power that is in the hands of the people. undecided
Okay I rest my cases
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by bluefilm: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2023
frozen70:
Funny as it is, no body will die out of hunger

The poor are already used to hard times and they already know how to survive this harsh condition because they are floating already since they don't have a standard

The rich suffers it more because they already have a standard and are finding it difficult to fall below standard because of class and position in the society

So in all, we must limit the number of children to two or three no matter our income

Then we can adjust in other things that bother on family

In my own case and for the past 10yrs now I and my hubby have cut down our expenses through combine cooperations

I have three children so I already prepared for it

For going to about two months now, I don't drive my car again to work but just to church

I don't go visiting people anyhow, we can chat or call unless when needed

I don't run Gen again at night, once we take dinner by 6/7pm, you are free to go to bed and if it must be on, just 1hr and you do whatever you need it for immediately

I regulates electricity at home because of prepaid meter and my husband makes sure we don't on unnecessary lights

I cook and store in the freezer to avoid going to the market all the time

I eat twice a day to save cost

I stopped watching tiktok because of wasting of my data

I un-installed candy crush because it sucks my data

Honestly, I have to cut down on so many things and still willing to cut down or more

With the above, I am not really feeling the harsh economy though because I have already cut down my cost of running my family during Jonathan's regime and am use to it before this shege Promax regime

The bottom line is that we must help ourselves

I felt so much pity for you reading how you readjust to the Shege promax regime.
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by frozen70(f): 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2023
bluefilm:

I felt so much pity for you reading how you readjust to the Shege promax regime.
Lol, that's life my dear
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
pansophist:
If this subsidy removal will reduce the birth rate of Nigeria, then it served it's purposes. I mean, how can our population tripled in just sixty years?

This is a very terrible and appalling way to reduce population.

It is ideological and a cultural thing for certain region to marry minimum 4 wife and breed as much as they can irregardless of the economic situation.

So to reverse this trend govt must take its responsibility by declaring and enforcing a minimum threshold of birthing and marrying like it was done in advanced countries.
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2023
frozen70:

Funny as it is, no body will die out of hunger

The poor are already used to hard times and they already know how to survive this harsh condition because they are floating already since they don't have a standard

The rich suffers it more because they already have a standard and are finding it difficult to fall below standard because of class and position in the society

So in all, we must limit the number of children to two or three no matter our income

Then we can adjust in other things that bother on family

In my own case and for the past 10yrs now I and my hubby have cut down our expenses through combine cooperations

I have three children so I already prepared for it

For going to about two months now, I don't drive my car again to work but just to church

I don't go visiting people anyhow, we can chat or call unless when needed

I don't run Gen again at night, once we take dinner by 6/7pm, you are free to go to bed and if it must be on, just 1hr and you do whatever you need it for immediately

I regulates electricity at home because of prepaid meter and my husband makes sure we don't on unnecessary lights

I cook and store in the freezer to avoid going to the market all the time

I eat twice a day to save cost

I stopped watching tiktok because of wasting of my data

I un-installed candy crush because it sucks my data

Honestly, I have to cut down on so many things and still willing to cut down or more

With the above, I am not really feeling the harsh economy though because I have already cut down my cost of running my family during Jonathan's regime and am use to it before this shege Promax regime

The bottom line is that we must help ourselves

U guys may continue cutting and cutting down on expenses, I pray your financial situation improves far better IJN.

This is what is called lowering of standard of living.

The twin reasons for this is inflation and devaluation of naira. Therefore the purchasing power of our currency is severely depressed

And the unwillingness of govt to increase salaries and wages in tandem with inflation and devaluation.

As a consequence, now Nigerians can barely afford things they could afford back in 2014 grin grin
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Newborn27(f): 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2023
Recent happenings had made me to realize that the Nigeria we are in today is a jungle....only the strong survives.

I wonder why there won't be high rate of crime.. prostitution and illegallity with the rate things are.

My only advice to people like myself earning 30k+ monthly is to diversify our income or shun salary earning jobs and start a business...no matter how little it is.... because....I see no hope in this present administration in the next 8yrs.

Na capital dey hold me down like this....I 4 don drop resignation letter tay tay.

So sad embarassed
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Evolutionism: 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2023
Una Never See Anything.
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2023
Newborn27:
Recent happenings had made me to realize that the Nigeria we are in today is a jungle....only the strong survives. I wonder why there won't be high rate of crime.. prostitution and illegallity with the rate things are. My only advice to people like myself earning 30k+ monthly is to diversify our income or shun salary earning jobs and start a business...no matter how little it is.... because....I see no hope in this present administration in the next 8yrs. Na capital dey hold me down like this....I 4 don drop resignation letter tay tay. So sad embarassed
No matter how much you diversify in this economy, so long as you keep taking on new burdens— adding more mouths to feed on your income/take home, the situation is likely only to get worse, not better. undecided
Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
Newborn27:
Recent happenings had made me to realize that the Nigeria we are in today is a jungle....only the strong survives.

I wonder why there won't be high rate of crime.. prostitution and illegallity with the rate things are.

My only advice to people like myself earning 30k+ monthly is to diversify our income or shun salary earning jobs and start a business...no matter how little it is.... because....I see no hope in this present administration in the next 8yrs.

Na capital dey hold me down like this....I 4 don drop resignation letter tay tay.

So sad embarassed
A friend of mine told me that a govt worker who earns 100k a month was caught stealing burglary proof from a mosque. The thief was mended beyond repair through serious beating. grin grin

This is a serious cause for concern

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by eepeepook: 8:31pm On Nov 12, 2023
eepeepook:
The weak will die. The physically strong will survive. Taking long walks instead of transportation will mold a fit nation. Hopefully the hardship will hammer commonsense into the average citizen. Subsistence farming will become commonplace.
When I typed this, children on Nairaland who run on stupidity as fuel continuously mentioned me, asking inane questions drawn from their rectums. Not up to a year later, the weak are committing suicide while the strong grit their teeth to survive. A smart few japa’d. Scamsters as usual, are doing what they’re known for. In fact those ones have doubled on their “hustle.” Tinubu administration dey touch everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Living In Nigeria, What Of The Poor Among Us? by IbeOkehie: 4:08am On Mar 01
Kobojunkie:
Why do all these responses seem so very disconnected from reality? undecided

When in the last 63 years has the Nigerian government ever not failed the people of Nigeria? The Government has almost always failed the people yet that didn't stop the people from breeding like rats and causing the population to balloon to over 215 million that it is today, a situation that is not sustainable given that in the same period of time Nigeria has spent a lot of its vast resources away while the people did other things. So why resort to blaming the government at this point when the Government has almost always been a cracked pot since its beginning? undecided

The people of Nigeria failed themselves in Jan 2012 and made the failure permanent in the elections of 2015.

Sorry.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Penny Auctions Of Kobobid Legit Or Scam? / Appeal To All: Feminism / Advice To A Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.