Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? (6153 Views)

Photo! Meet The Contenders For The Noble Peace Prize / Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan / Four Nigerians Win British Parliament Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by 13volts(m): 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2011
Noble Peace Prize: What Is Happening To Nigeria

Apart from wole soyinka winning a prize on some literature stuffs, no Nigerian has or was even nominated for the prestigious prize, the latest winners did nothing compared to the likes of dora akunyili, laila dogonyaro and a host of other Nigerian woman.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by aljharem3: 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2011
last price of what ?
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by musiwa48: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2011
I think we deserve to win over the winners. this is my opinion. but i wish those who won well.

Not because they were women or women issue,  but saving 150 million which involve women, children and men, is more important. and it involve more lifes. prevention is better . this is my opinion.  i see there will be  more bombing in Nigeria because google open more of nigeria satellite pictures if we dont correct the wrong.  this is warri.
nigeria women are mostly the head of government institution because men prefer to own their company. even a woman is CEO of a $19 billion bank.  some state in nigeria female children are more than male children in school.  If someone makes a claim, you prove it with a lie detector test. I am ready to undergo lie detector test.  liberia is less populated than many state in nigeria. And  nigeria issue should have been important. And many million will die in Nigeria. If the united nation bombing is not a warning. then you dont know anything about nigeria. it is a violent society.  Even without a civil war. gang walk into people house and shoot them at night.

this is warri

How can you compare people living in this, with warri, even nobel price will know they made a mistake, for not using this to push the information to the world so that our case be heard.

Not to rob them of their victory congrat.  I am not bother about the money but the important of the mission to save 150 million people.

Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2011
is this even a topic?
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by musiwa48: 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2011
this is ibadan. can you compare that

Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2011
musiwa.,.:

this is ibadan. can you compare that

Ibadan doesn't actually look bad from these angles you know. I reckon that if the government/elite (in the old western region/present southwest) had continued on the same trajectory Awolowo was on, that Ibadan would have been a world class 21st century city by now. Same thing with Ahmadu Bellos' Kaduna and Ziks' Enugu.

It's been a tale of wasted opportunities by a wasted/clueless generation!!!
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by musiwa48: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2011
i think someone think, this is a joke. may be someone think this women are acting. Nigeria will end up in a bloodly civil war.

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTdZh-I-fGM9yJ7v3M_5A76HtZhPAVRekr1yeUQltjf5fy44SBZhOrvR4t[/img]
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by musiwa48: 11:49pm On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by arsenefc: 11:54pm On Oct 07, 2011
LOL

Musiwa don take over thread oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by ektbear: 12:01am On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by ektbear: 12:07am On Oct 08, 2011
If I had believed the words of certain posters here, I'd have thought it a dead or dying city.

Hrmmm
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by ektbear: 12:23am On Oct 08, 2011
If these ACN governors can focus on basic infrastructure and the power situation sorts itself out, Yorubaland will be great once again.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by Jenifa1: 12:29am On Oct 08, 2011
13volts:

Apart from wole soyinka winning a prize on some literature stuffs, no Nigerian has or was even nominated for the prestigious prize, the latest winners did nothing compared to the likes of dora akunyili, laila dogonyaro and a host of other Nigerian woman.

of course not.
The nobel peace prize is subjective. there are ordinary men and women out there who are unrecognized but have done much greater things than many of the nobel prize winners combined.
what can we do? we're not the ones giving the prize out. if we were, at least 60% would have gone to Africans.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by arsenefc: 12:43am On Oct 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

of course not.
The nobel peace prize is subjective. there are ordinary men and women out there who are unrecognized but have done much greater things than many of the nobel prize winners combined.
what can we do? we're not the ones giving the prize out. if we were, at least 60% would have gone to Africans.

I think your post is unfortunate, especially when you dont know the people deciding the prize well enough.

I dont know of anyone in Africa more deserving of the prize than sirleaf johnson. She is a wonderful woman and I say that without reservation. Nigerian women are awesome, but like thier men, they are all cowards, at least modern day Nigerian women are cowards, besides Kudirat who I truly truly respect. But again, the Nobel isnt given posthumously.

Get off your high horse and give due to those who have been deemed to deserve it.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by Jenifa1: 12:56am On Oct 08, 2011
I don't understand what you're talking about.

my point was there are hundreds of equally or more inspirational people out there.  people I even have never heard of and will never hear about. they just happen not to be presidents or popular figures on the international scene. a.k.a Westerners haven't heard much about them.
that doesn't mean sirleaf johnson doesn't deserve her prize. she did. she's an inspirational woman.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by Sentient: 1:45am On Oct 08, 2011
Why would anyone want a Nobel Peace Prize? I geuss because they don't know that the creator of this award is/was a Freemson. What many people don't know, is that he created "Dynamite and Ballistite". Nice guy huh? Still want the award? I know, I was equally surprised and dismayed. But welcome to heaven, where some evil has invaded it.

I have a nice show eplaining it all, will post it some time!!
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by ektbear: 1:59am On Oct 08, 2011
Sentient:

Why would anyone want a Nobel Peace Prize?

Because it is crazy prestigious?

I wouldn't turn down any Nobel prize, let's put it that way, lol.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by Sentient: 2:19am On Oct 08, 2011
You did use the word crazy. Hey, that says it all.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by Beaf: 2:46am On Oct 08, 2011
Nigerians don't get the Nobel prize because we foolishly tear each other down. A Nigerians worst enemy is another Nigerian; you can also add the other Nigerians ethnic group and their religion. Nigerian society has been phucked by years of neglect and most are so frustrated that they will instinctively strike and drag down their helpers the same way a drowning person would.

Nigerian society is too phucked to produce a Nobel Laureate, and if it did by some miracle, the same society will "kill them before they grow."

"Every time I plant the seed, he seh, kill dem before they grow!" - Bob Marley (I shot the Sheriff)
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by Relax101(m): 2:52am On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by mensdept: 2:58am On Oct 08, 2011
What is happening in 9ja is that we have many problems, including wrong priorities in life. Why should you be worried about Nobel Peace Prize when senators that come from poor states are seeking to make prostitution legal instead of light, clean water, safer airtraffic, teacher payments, slum reduction, etc. To add to that, are you not wondering if the Super Eagles are gonna win tomm Negro?

4get that Peace Prize abeg.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by lagcity(m): 3:00am On Oct 08, 2011
Relax101:

Thats a capital for Christ sake.
Those rooftops need change, they are too rusty for Allah's sake.

If elected governor of Oyo, i'll drive a bulldozer thru that city. those houses and rooftops are eyesores.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by ektbear: 3:05am On Oct 08, 2011
Relax101:

Thats a capital for Christ sake.
Those rooftops need change, they are too rusty for Allah's sake.

When did you become a practitioner of Christlam? I've never heard anyone swear by both Jesus and Allah, lol grin

Unless the rust constitutes some sort of hazard, I don't see the problem. Maybe they should be repainted or something. But those pictures look fine by to me. It isn't a brand new, fresh city built in the 1990s. It is a town from the 1800s.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by Beaf: 3:09am On Oct 08, 2011
Isn't it a no-brainer why Nigerians ain't winning Nobel prizes? See how many have swung the topic to whether Ibadan is phucked up or not. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by aljharem3: 3:14am On Oct 08, 2011
Beaf:

Isn't a no-brainer why Nigerians ain't winning Nobel prizes? See how many have swung the topic to whether Ibadan is phucked up or not. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Very good point

instead on focusing on the topic, they diverted to roof tops undecided
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by Relax101(m): 3:37am On Oct 08, 2011
Sorry for derailing the thread. No Nigerian is fit for a Nobel prize now except my only NNEKA.
Her music is so strong and have a powerful message. She says the truth in all her songs and most especially to her white audience.
She gets my vote anyday for a Noble peace Prize.
I dnt care what anyone says after this.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by mensdept: 3:40am On Oct 08, 2011
alj_harem:

Very good point

instead on focusing on the topic, they diverted to roof tops undecided

Dont tell me you guys are suprised? If there was a Peace Prize category for Very Useless People Who Should Be Serious For Once In Their Miserable Life and Deal WIth Their Problem Like Other Human Beings Would, then we would sweep those polls without rigging.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by musiwa48: 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by ektbear: 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2011
Musiwa, those pictures look great to me man.

Keep up the good work. But perhaps start another thread for it.
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by YoAdek333(m): 3:45am On Oct 09, 2011
Our politicians and some ministry workers should win Nobel Prize for corruption sad
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by emiye(m): 3:51am On Oct 09, 2011
The Peace keepers are yet to be born!
Re: Noble Peace Prize: Why Don't Nigerians Win? by kcjazz(m): 3:52am On Oct 09, 2011
Nobel Prize for what sef?
If there was one for hate, corruption, pride and aso ebi, then maybe we could get one but it doesn't add any value to us.

Nigerians and their pride, this women never started with a Nobel Prize in mind, they wanted the best for their community, and just because the world recognises them today does not mean they started yesterday.

If a Nigerian gets a cure for cancer, they will get a prize
If a Nigerian solves Boko Haram without military intervention, they will get a prize
If a Nigerian gets all the millions of kids to school, they will get a prize.

The opportunities are there, we just need folks who will look beyond tribe and do what matters

Our society is in need of so many things and the earlier we get down from our high horse and appreciate others the better. Stop all this useless comparisms and start something today @poster, you could get a prize in future tongue and even if you don't we can use your money to create one for you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu / Hitler Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal / PDP Is The Best Party For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.