Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare (19686 Views)

MTN Subscribers Lament Service Outage, MTN Apologizes / How Is The Global Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Outage Affecting You? / See How This Katsina Man Charges His Phone Due To Power Outage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by NEROSKY(m): 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2023
omniwater:
I am planning to port to MTN now.

9 mobile is now the worst mobile network in Nigeria currently.
It has always been, especially since the real owners left
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Hanndye: 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Sincerely,
A Concerned Etisalat User
When dem be Etisalat - no wahala. Now them be 9mobile - plenty trouble. There used to be a network provider, now Naija factor done set in.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by nairalanda1(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2023
9mobile is getting bad? Serious.

I have a 9mobile line that from 2017-20 was my main go to data line. It worked well, never gave me issues, and sometimes even outperfromed MTN self. I had to stop using it because i moved out of range (I rely on airtel now).

I guess the wahala started when they got dumped by Etisalat in mysterious circumstances....and then they no find buyer, up till date.

Ah well, we get alternatives now.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by OboOlora(f): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2023
Stupid network
Even their staff don’t use them as their primary network

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Ameboperoo(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
saintbillion:

Seun is very wicked. He has to put Muslim vows on my profile. I've been calling on him to remove it
If he tries that with me, I will just deactivate my account parmanently and leave nl for good.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by nairalanda1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
StPete:
It’s not just 9mobile…

Airtel has been the worst. They first started off with WhatsApp not been accessible for more than 24 hours and even at intervals, the service still gets interrupted. More so, calls to my line either shows call busy or this number is unavailable even when my line is not busy and available.

The worst of it all is their Smartcash App. These ones are the daylight robbers. They stole my N1475 since May 30, 2023 and till date (2 months after) have refused to refund me. I have called their customer care lines (for both Smartcash and Airtel) to complain and even written to them via email but yet they fail to do anything about it

Airtel works for me.

I even lent my airtel Pocketwifi modem to a relative visiting from overseas to use for work stuff, and he found it worked very well.

There is always spectranet though...and Elon's Starlink dey Nigeria. (too expensive)
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by youngrichnigga: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
I had this same experience in May , largely affected Maryland, ilupeju and Fadeyi areas and their response was slow at the least and no responsive generally.vi ended up loosing my built up weekly data balance of about 48Gb and was only compensated with about 8gb in the end when I called them out on Twitter. I already gone back to my MTN as I can't fathom why my data could end up being wiped just like that. Anyways, update your write-up, Etisalat can sue you. his is entirely about 9Mobile and not Etisalat undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by nairalanda1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
saintbillion:

Seun is very wicked. He has to put Muslim vows on my profile. I've been calling on him to remove it

Don't comment on muslim topics then. smiley
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by horpe132(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
That network is killing me presently...
Thought it was just my area o..... useless pple
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by miketayo(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Good morning Dear friends and fellow Etisalat users,

I am writing this post today to share my recent harrowing experience with the Etisalat network, which left me without a reliable connection for a staggering 24 hours. This unfortunate incident has not only caused immense frustration but has severely impacted my work and productivity.

Last week, I had topped up my data plan with a substantial sum of 10,000 naira, hoping to have uninterrupted access to the internet for my professional and personal needs. However, to my dismay, the Etisalat network suffered a major outage, leaving me and countless other users stranded without any indication of when it would be resolved.

The lack of official communication during the prolonged downtime only added to the mounting frustration. Customers, like myself, were left in the dark, without any updates or reassurances from the service provider. As a result, many of us resorted to other means like using VPNs, spending money on alternative data plans from different providers, or facing a complete disruption of our daily routines and businesses.

During this period, I had no choice but to rely on Stark VPN, a free virtual private network service, because I couldn't afford to purchase additional data for my other SIM card. The stress of managing work tasks, personal responsibilities, and the unexpected expenses added to the burden of the network failure.

It is disheartening to note that despite being loyal customers, our priorities have been jeopardized by the lack of preparedness and communication from Etisalat. As customers, we deserve to be treated with transparency and respect, especially when faced with such a significant disruption in service.

I strongly urge Etisalat and other telecommunication companies to implement a more efficient customer notification system for such situations. Timely official updates can alleviate customer frustration and help them make informed decisions. We should not be left to feel abandoned and helpless during network outages, especially after investing significant amounts in data plans.

As technology becomes an essential part of our lives, we rely on network providers to keep us connected and ensure smooth work and personal communication. An outage of this magnitude not only affects our productivity but also raises concerns about the reliability of the service.

I sincerely hope that Etisalat and other providers take this incident as an opportunity to improve their services and customer support. As users, we deserve better accountability and timely solutions when things go wrong. I call upon Etisalat to take immediate action, compensate affected customers appropriately, and implement measures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Let us stand together as customers and demand the quality service we pay for and deserve. Together, we can drive positive change in the telecommunications industry and ensure that our needs are met with utmost consideration.

#EtisalatNetworkOutage #CustomerPrioritiesMatter #ImprovedCommunicationNeeded #TelecomsAccountability

Sincerely,

I left their network 3 years ago, best decision
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by nairalanda1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Are they still in existence? I wish they had developed their market with same spirit they penetrated Nigeria with. I really loved their aggressive marketing. They almost sent the existing network providers packing.

That was when they were Etisalat....
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by tabaralph: 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

I am writing this post today to share my recent harrowing experience with the Etisalat network, which left me without a reliable connection for a staggering 24 hours. This unfortunate incident has not only caused immense frustration but has severely impacted my work and productivity.

Last week, I had topped up my data plan with a substantial sum of 10,000 naira, hoping to have uninterrupted access to the internet for my professional and personal needs. However, to my dismay, the Etisalat network suffered a major outage, leaving me and countless other users stranded without any indication of when it would be resolved.

The lack of official communication during the prolonged downtime only added to the mounting frustration. Customers, like myself, were left in the dark, without any updates or reassurances from the service provider. As a result, many of us resorted to other means like using VPNs, spending money on alternative data plans from different providers, or facing a complete disruption of our daily routines and businesses.

During this period, I had no choice but to rely on Stark VPN, a free virtual private network service, because I couldn't afford to purchase additional data for my other SIM card. The stress of managing work tasks, personal responsibilities, and the unexpected expenses added to the burden of the network failure.

It is disheartening to note that despite being loyal customers, our priorities have been jeopardized by the lack of preparedness and communication from Etisalat. As customers, we deserve to be treated with transparency and respect, especially when faced with such a significant disruption in service.

I strongly urge Etisalat and other telecommunication companies to implement a more efficient customer notification system for such situations. Timely official updates can alleviate customer frustration and help them make informed decisions. We should not be left to feel abandoned and helpless during network outages, especially after investing significant amounts in data plans.

As technology becomes an essential part of our lives, we rely on network providers to keep us connected and ensure smooth work and personal communication. An outage of this magnitude not only affects our productivity but also raises concerns about the reliability of the service.

I sincerely hope that Etisalat and other providers take this incident as an opportunity to improve their services and customer support. As users, we deserve better accountability and timely solutions when things go wrong. I call upon Etisalat to take immediate action, compensate affected customers appropriately, and implement measures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Let us stand together as customers and demand the quality service we pay for and deserve. Together, we can drive positive change in the telecommunications industry and ensure that our needs are met with utmost consideration.

#EtisalatNetworkOutage #CustomerPrioritiesMatter #ImprovedCommunicationNeeded #TelecomsAccountability

Sincerely,

So some people still use that network?
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by GentleSmiles: 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2023
Tsamyavictor:
Wow, just 24hrs. Honestly there are days or times when i don't have Etisalat network for up to a week and sometimes more. I have even tried porting to MTN but the service personnel said i needed to have active service on my Etisalat first.

Yours is even better in my area is been more than 6
months we seen 9mobile service
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by MRMRMR: 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:
That was yesterday. Service is back. My main line is MTN though.

But that doesn't erase the facts that Thiéfnubu supporters are drug pushers and addicts like their cocaine master masquerading as the president of Nigeria. The way they defend illigalities baffles me. angry angry angry angry angry
So u expect me a Jagaban fan to support a fraud like obi, someone who doesn't have any verifiable achievement as gov for 8yrs.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Angelfrost(m): 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
9mobile and Glo still exist?!! I'm shocked.

Na person wey get mind dey rely on them. grin
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Naijjablog(m): 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
Wettin I see for Etisalat hand make I no talk fess. At some point my only option was to travel to where I can get their network.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by tete7000(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
9mobile that kept me out for two weeks somewhere in Delta state. I just port my number to Airtel asap.

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Brownshoe: 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
I even thought this network is no more in Nigeria! Wow
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Tizu(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
To save myself the frustrations I would have had with 9mobile outage, I just unplugged my Sim. It's better you get another network provider for your jobs.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Hotwest: 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2023
Are they not the first to have satellite network around here in Nigeria.
With their network I've especially on this Nairaland made first to comment some people usually crave about

Their network is fast and good
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Deemas(m): 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2023
Elvis8236:
Thought 9mobile left Nigeria already. Since January 2023, I don't have reception on 9mobile Network. Network seems to be working in Lagos but not other states

Same here, we've not had network for over 6 months now. Thrown my sim away, it wasn't my main line afterall.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Angelfrost(m): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
MRMRMR:

So u expect me a Jagaban fan to support a fraud like obi, someone who doesn't have any verifiable achievement as gov for 8yrs.

Yeah... You are right.

I wonder what's wrong with Nigerians... Just see how the nation is massively progressing and flourishing like Dubai.

Please, don't mind him... He can't even make a down payment for a roasted corn. cool
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
MRMRMR:

That's exactly what I am saying. Only cocaine pushers supporters Thiéfnubu.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by ictplotter(m): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
9 mobile has been dead for a while now.

They should have allowed GLO or a serious company to take over that company.

It's the worst network in the country.
Did I hear you say GLO, can the dead bury the dead?
There are two manageable networks service in Nigeria airtel or mtn.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by madgoat(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Sincerely,

It has become very regular for network to just disappear from Etisalat. Mine sometimes goes for hours. Its very frustrating
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by vincenteger: 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ganjafama:
Do porting still work? In Sapele, Delta State all the telecoms offices I visited said they don't do porting.

Yes it's still work.
I ported from 9mobile to mtn last year oct
Looking at porting one of my mtn to Airtel. But no chance
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by williams85(m): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
I've not seen 9mobile network for two weeks now in my area.
My 50gb data expired yesterday..
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by akpumping7720(m): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
Since the inception of that network, I have never use that network before and I am not even sure I will use it in future.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by pekisdgee(m): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2023
9mobile show me shege I have to start buying data on my second mtn line

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by IyaTola: 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Sincerely,

Try Connekt call Jane +234 814 479 9484. Thank me later
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Ykc2(m): 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2023
Is like 9mobile is becoming another glo of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by IyaTola: 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
williams85:
I've not seen 9mobile network for two weeks now in my area.
My 50gb data expired yesterday..
Dear Williams, so sorry for your experience, would you like to try connekt? If yes, try to reach out customer service officer on +234 814 479 9484 for super fast internet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2016 In Mobile : Top 4 Smartphones And Events To Watch Out For / Major Causes Of Battery Drain In Android Devices / Samsung Sued Over Water-resistant Phone Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.