Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare (19906 Views)

MTN Subscribers Lament Service Outage, MTN Apologizes / How Is The Global Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Outage Affecting You? / See How This Katsina Man Charges His Phone Due To Power Outage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Olat4421: 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
How many people are even using 9mobile dese days mtchew .ever since Dey change dere company from Etisalat to 9mobile d network has been shit, Dey have lost so many customers

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by KennethEnyi(m): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
Reference:
I use all networks and all of them have outages at different times and sometimes even go down simultaneously.

There is no cheap, efficient solution to reliable calls and data services in Nigeria. Telecommunications suffer the universal problems afflicting service providers and the nation in general.

It's a LIE ooo!!!

There is MTN Which is the best network in Nigeria even if u dey sambisa forest u fit still get ur village family members ask them Wetin dey do u for this life...

MTN...Everywhere u go!!!
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by boyesola: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
I am even tired. Porting to Airtel
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Countyguy: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
Right from the day Etisalat handed over to 9mobile I knew that was the end lol. Close to one month no network service for 9mobile.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by KennethEnyi(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ganjafama:
Do porting still work? In Sapele, Delta State all the telecoms offices I visited said they don't do porting.

What are u doing in sapele
Better upgrade ur life o😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by KennethEnyi(m): 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2023
Vintage100:
I don't know how 9mobile cover their average cost, because only few people use it for browsing and calling due to their poor network. I only use it to call people who use the same and occasionally

Don't forget that 9mobile is a Saudi Arabia owned network so oil money Is pushing the engine if not e for Don die Tay Tay

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by dreamchazer: 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Good morning Dear friends and fellow Etisalat users,

I am writing this post today to share my recent harrowing experience with the Etisalat network, which left me without a reliable connection for a staggering 24 hours. This unfortunate incident has not only caused immense frustration but has severely impacted my work and productivity.

Last week, I had topped up my data plan with a substantial sum of 10,000 naira, hoping to have uninterrupted access to the internet for my professional and personal needs. However, to my dismay, the Etisalat network suffered a major outage, leaving me and countless other users stranded without any indication of when it would be resolved.

The lack of official communication during the prolonged downtime only added to the mounting frustration. Customers, like myself, were left in the dark, without any updates or reassurances from the service provider. As a result, many of us resorted to other means like using VPNs, spending money on alternative data plans from different providers, or facing a complete disruption of our daily routines and businesses.

During this period, I had no choice but to rely on Stark VPN, a free virtual private network service, because I couldn't afford to purchase additional data for my other SIM card. The stress of managing work tasks, personal responsibilities, and the unexpected expenses added to the burden of the network failure.

It is disheartening to note that despite being loyal customers, our priorities have been jeopardized by the lack of preparedness and communication from Etisalat. As customers, we deserve to be treated with transparency and respect, especially when faced with such a significant disruption in service.

I strongly urge Etisalat and other telecommunication companies to implement a more efficient customer notification system for such situations. Timely official updates can alleviate customer frustration and help them make informed decisions. We should not be left to feel abandoned and helpless during network outages, especially after investing significant amounts in data plans.

As technology becomes an essential part of our lives, we rely on network providers to keep us connected and ensure smooth work and personal communication. An outage of this magnitude not only affects our productivity but also raises concerns about the reliability of the service.

I sincerely hope that Etisalat and other providers take this incident as an opportunity to improve their services and customer support. As users, we deserve better accountability and timely solutions when things go wrong. I call upon Etisalat to take immediate action, compensate affected customers appropriately, and implement measures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Let us stand together as customers and demand the quality service we pay for and deserve. Together, we can drive positive change in the telecommunications industry and ensure that our needs are met with utmost consideration.

#EtisalatNetworkOutage #CustomerPrioritiesMatter #ImprovedCommunicationNeeded #TelecomsAccountability

Sincerely,
A Concerned Etisalat User

You're complaining 24 hours. Zamfara State has not had 9mobile network in over 2 months. I had to port my line
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Kentuforchrist(m): 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2023
Wait!!

Etisalat still de ;Dd
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by lomprico(m): 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
9mobile still dey exist?
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Maj196(m): 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
9mobile and glo are very useless networks. I only use two networks. MTN for calls, Airtel for browsing.

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by 3seriez(m): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

I am writing this post today to share my recent harrowing experience with the Etisalat network, which left me without a reliable connection for a staggering 24 hours. This unfortunate incident has not only caused immense frustration but has severely impacted my work and productivity.

Last week, I had topped up my data plan with a substantial sum of 10,000 naira, hoping to have uninterrupted access to the internet for my professional and personal needs. However, to my dismay, the Etisalat network suffered a major outage, leaving me and countless other users stranded without any indication of when it would be resolved.

The lack of official communication during the prolonged downtime only added to the mounting frustration. Customers, like myself, were left in the dark, without any updates or reassurances from the service provider. As a result, many of us resorted to other means like using VPNs, spending money on alternative data plans from different providers, or facing a complete disruption of our daily routines and businesses.

During this period, I had no choice but to rely on Stark VPN, a free virtual private network service, because I couldn't afford to purchase additional data for my other SIM card. The stress of managing work tasks, personal responsibilities, and the unexpected expenses added to the burden of the network failure.

It is disheartening to note that despite being loyal customers, our priorities have been jeopardized by the lack of preparedness and communication from Etisalat. As customers, we deserve to be treated with transparency and respect, especially when faced with such a significant disruption in service.

I strongly urge Etisalat and other telecommunication companies to implement a more efficient customer notification system for such situations. Timely official updates can alleviate customer frustration and help them make informed decisions. We should not be left to feel abandoned and helpless during network outages, especially after investing significant amounts in data plans.

As technology becomes an essential part of our lives, we rely on network providers to keep us connected and ensure smooth work and personal communication. An outage of this magnitude not only affects our productivity but also raises concerns about the reliability of the service.

I sincerely hope that Etisalat and other providers take this incident as an opportunity to improve their services and customer support. As users, we deserve better accountability and timely solutions when things go wrong. I call upon Etisalat to take immediate action, compensate affected customers appropriately, and implement measures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Let us stand together as customers and demand the quality service we pay for and deserve. Together, we can drive positive change in the telecommunications industry and ensure that our needs are met with utmost consideration.

#EtisalatNetworkOutage #CustomerPrioritiesMatter #ImprovedCommunicationNeeded #TelecomsAccountability

Sincerely,

You keep refering to them as Etisalat. Etisalat have sold their investments in the said telecom company. Refer to them as 9mobile.

You should port the line or have an alternate SIM/Network to be using. I use three different networks and spread monthly data between them. That's why you are empowered with freedom of choice. No particular network should hold you hostage or giving you headache in this 2023.

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by blaise26abj(m): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Sincerely,

My Ntel internet has been off for 3 weeks now just after I subscribed . Tired of those ones already

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by phemmyfour: 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Sincerely,

You better switch...that network and GLO are the most unreliable network in Nigeria
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by ISLAMISLIGHT(m): 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
LordGuru1:
Glo! Gives me peace of mind, massive Data at affordable price, and excellent network speed in my area. If it is not as fast in your end, pls don't jealous me. I still love you too. Oya, chop kisses kiss
For me, Glo is the best both in airtime and data plan

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by olamike02: 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
Port your number to a more reliable network. Airtel appears to be a bit reliable than the rest.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Banter1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Sincerely,

Just 24hrs and you're complaining. Ours is almost two months now.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Silva79(f): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
I was without network for over 3months in badagry. Till date I still experience network outage at least every week a minimum of 3days.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Menclothing: 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
I just port to Glo 3 month ago super cool

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by fabolouz1(m): 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
I fell in love with this network because of their adverts (anyone remembered that 0809ja slogan ?)
Then they gave u an option to choose how you want your number and I chosed a special number and was rewarded with 300 free secs .monthly
Five mins then was a real deal you know , then I woke up one day to notice I didn't have network on my phone .
At first I thought it was a general issue but to my dismay it wasn't and on getting to their sales care outlet ,after explaining my predicament and not given a cogent reason why this occured , I dumped them and will never go back .

2 Likes

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by GloriousGbola: 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Sincerely,

You should NEVER use a single network for data. They will always have intermittent performance issues that can mess you up.

That is all
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by 3seriez(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ganjafama:
Do porting still work? In Sapele, Delta State all the telecoms offices I visited said they don't do porting.

They are just being lazy and giving excuses.
Any network that denies you that service, call NCC customer care on 622 and report them.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Nairalander248: 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Sincerely,

Is Etisalat Network still in Nigeria? angry
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Mpanyi: 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Sincerely,

9mobile or whatever it is called is the worst network with the worst customer service
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by fabolouz1(m): 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2023
joseph032:
More reason you Shouldn't port.

Most App(Bank) uses AI to read you number and know which Network, they use that to send you OTP. if you port you will call Customer Care any time you need a verification on any App to you message or OTP.

Just get a New Sim and that will be you Sim 2

What has A.I got to do with this ?
Porting just changes ones provider not the number cause your number remains same .
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by dododawa1: 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2023
D mostly USELESS network in Cross Rivers State.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by bankyblue(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
Wo ti ya werey both their staff and CEO....I couldn't stake my game because of them and the ticket later turn green o.....it won't be well with them
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by jideisaacs: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
That is how 9mobile has always been in my area -Alagbado. I have loaded data severally and will not be able to use it till the time elapses, and no communication or compensation.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by NaijaCover(m): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
Is Following
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by mcdokwe(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
24 hours? I've witnessed different horrible outages for as much as 3months and the worse is that they come back and act as if nothing happened.

Their days are numbered
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by ViktorCash: 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Glo best network for now
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by davidtemi(m): 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2023
O mad
I just pray I don't miss out on a particular crucial text msg I'm expecting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NCC Alerts Telecom Consumers On Flubot Malware / Get All Mobile Games And Apps Download Link Here / Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.