Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ (8831 Views)

25th Of December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2023
New Story Alert ⚠️

~ She's a famous writer who never had any relationship aside from family. She has zero belief in love.
She constantly shut herself from men and believe she'll die a virgin even when she turned 25.
She never wanted people to recognize her, so she built a social media page with the name "Ifenkili" ~

Her 25th Birthday 🎉 🎁

(Ifenkili)

Episode 1

I stretched my whole body after sitting on the ground for three hours straight to finish my latest novel. After a lot of thinking and debating with myself about how to end the love story of this novel— I ended up giving the characters a nice ending in Dubai with a romantic proposal just like every romance novel out there.

I walked out of my room to make myself a cup of hot tea and walked towards the balcony to see the beautiful night lights in Calabar City. I sipped my tea slowly to prevent my tongue from burning — and I sat down on my beanbag looking up to the sky hoping that I can see beautiful stars today.

Last week, my publisher, Tony asked me if I want to do a meet and greet to reveal myself in public but I refused it right away. He said a lot of my fans and followers requested that they want to meet the famous Ifenkili but as much as I love interacting with them, yet not willing to reveal myself ever since my mom died and that was five years ago.

I have been trying to overcome that but I think I still can’t move on. I couldn’t deal with something like that, to be honest.
People say time heals but five years after, I still didn’t get healed. I can’t deal with heartbreaks, deaths, and everything that deals with it, that’s why I don’t really want to connect with people because for me, at the end of the day, everyone will leave and they’ll never come back.

That’s why I made "Ifenkili". She’s famous, crazy for love, and a really good writer with several stories that had gone viral. For me, faking myself as Ifenkili was a shield for me. I wanted to hide myself from the world but at the same time, I want the world to notice me.

Suddenly, my phone rang and I got up from my beanbag. Walking back inside, I took my phone and looked at the screen to see my bro, Kings calling. I swiped right quickly and put it on loudspeaker.

“Yes, your majesty,” I answered in a sarcastic tone.

“Don’t give me that one, young lady.”

He hissed right away.

“What do you want?”

“Let’s have dinner together tomorrow, it’s your birthday.” He said excitedly.

“I’m busy.”

“I’ll pick you up at 7 pm and you better dress up because we’re going to have the fanciest dinner for your 25th birthday. Dad will go straight to the restaurant, so you can’t complain about this, young lady.” He said and I sighed.

“Stop calling me that… ,” I hissed.

“I will stop if you agree to have dinner with us.”

“Okay, fine. You won.” I said.

“See you tomorrow,” he said and he ended the call.

I put my cup of tea down on the table and turned on the TV. I connected my Netflix to the TV to watch my favorite movie of all time, Game Of Thrones.

Before I could finish the movie, I fell asleep on the sofa. That’s my habit, I could sleep anywhere in any situation. I got up because someone rang on my door. I opened it and found a cake from my publisher's company.

I picked it up and brought it in. It’s just another year, birthday doesn’t mean anything to me. It’s just the day when you have your age increase by one digit. I walked towards my room with my phone and there were already tons of messages from my fans on my Facebook page sending me love for my birthday.

My dad and my brother left me a message too but I’d reply to them later. I went back to sleep because that’s the perks of being a writer. You can write whenever you want. I got up again and it was already 5 p.m.
I got up and dragged myself towards the bathroom. I took a shower and dried myself quickly. I curled my hair and put it into a low bun. I put on my favorite earrings and put on my makeup after that, I walked towards my closet and decided to wear my long black dress with a silt on my left leg.

I checked the time and it was already 6: 45 pm and I took my phone cursing it, seeing the low battery. I took my power bank along. And finally, I took my bag and put all my stuff inside. I walked out to the balcony and put on my black heels.

When my phone rang, I knew it was my brother. I walked out of my apartment and went straight down to the lobby. I saw my brother’s car parked in front of the lobby and he opened the windows smirking. I got into the car and put my seatbelt on right away.

“Happy birthday, little sis,” he said as he patted my hand and I nodded.

“Thanks.”

“You know you should find a boyfriend this year.” He always said that every time.

“Just drive … ,” I said coldly.

“That’s why you never have a boyfriend, Ifee. You need to get a life, stop locking your ass in your room,” he added and I rolled my eyes.

“Shut up… it’s my birthday, so don’t give me a lecture about my life or I will go back.”

I hissed coldly and, yes I’m that cold towards my brother but he never understands it.

“Fine… ,” he said and suddenly tried to pull something out from his pocket. When he succeeded, he put the small envelope in front of me.

“Fifty thousand naira for you to have fun and get drunk. Go wild and get a life,” he said as he gave me the brown envelope.

“I have my own money.”

“It’s my birthday present to you, take it.” He said and I took it. I put it into my clutch and after fifteen minutes of car ride, we arrived at the restaurant.

We got inside and Kings told the waiter his name and with that, she lead us to the private room. She opened the door for us and my dad already sitting there.

“Hey, my sweet daughter, Happy 25th birthday, Adannya. He said as he hugged me and kissed my forehead.

My real name is Adannya but I built Ifenkili as my page name on social media which only a few people knew about, which includes my family, a few friends, and my publisher, Tony.

“Thanks, Dad,” I smiled at him and we all sat down. We ordered our food and after that, my dad put a small box in front of me.

“Your birthday present. Open it.” He smiled and I turned to Kings for a moment before opening the black box. I opened it and I gasped automatically.

“Dad… ,”

“I found it when I was cleaning my room. It was in my drawer and I thought you want to have it.”

“Thank you.” I smiled widely and looked down at the necklace. It was my mom’s. It was her favorite necklace. I asked Kings to put it on me.

“I know that you really miss your mom and it’s been five years. You should go back to the old Ifenkili again, don’t you think?” My dad asked me in a really careful tone.

“It’s not easy and I don’t think I can.”

“How about you introduce her to your friend’s son, Dad?” My bro asked and I smacked his arm hard.

“I don’t need a boyfriend.” I hissed coldly at him.

“That’s a good idea. I mean they don’t need to be your boyfriend, how about finding a friend?” my dad smiled and I shook my head.

“No, thanks,” I said, and after that, there was a knock on the door before the waiter brought all the food in. I was kinda glad that I decided to have a family dinner because I do miss my dad and my brother, but it was hard for me to express that.

“Thanks for the dinner, Dad.” I hugged my dad and he patted my back.

“Happy birthday once again, my beautiful daughter.”

“Thank you.” I smiled and released the hug. He got into his car and opened the window.

“Let’s have lunch next week, Adannya.”

I nodded and he smiled. He bid his goodbye to Kings too as we exited the private room.

“Let’s go,” Kings said and we walked towards our car together. We got inside and I put my seatbelt on.

Kings drove away from the restaurant and I was busy with my phone.

“Ifee… I’ll drop you here okay?” Kings said and I turned to him confused. He pointed at the building next to us and it was a hotel.

“Why are you dropping me here?”

“This is one of my favorite bars. Get drunk and have fun.” He said, smirking.

“I gave you the money and now go have fun. Get drunk, get laid, and just enjoy life once in a while. You’re 25 and you never even get drunk before. So I suggest you experience that today.” He let out a devil's smile.

I mean his suggestion wasn’t bad either.

“Go and mingle … flirt with someone.” He said and I looked at him coldly.

“Go.” He said and I found myself getting out of the car.

Kings left right away leaving me alone. I walked inside and started to look for a bar. I saw the bar sign and followed it. I stepped inside and started looking for a place to sit.

It was 9:28 pm.

To be continued.

Follow me on Facebook @ Frank The Writer

3 Likes

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 1:28am On Jul 25, 2023
Her 25th Birthday 🎉 🎁

(Ifenkili)

Episode 2

I decided to sit in the corner of the room alone and ordered my drink.
I felt that I never had time to experience things myself. So, I decided to get drunk today and I bet tomorrow I’ll go back to my old and boring routine again.

The first glass wasn’t so bad, it tasted amazing but I needed more. So, I ordered my second glass, third… fourth, and fifth glass.

Suddenly, someone came towards my table, and before he could talk or sit in front of me, I glared at him big time, giving him signs that I don’t want to deal with people. But instead of going away, he sat on the chair in front of me. My eyes looked at him coldly as I sipped another glass of cocktails.

“I’m Ckay, what’s your name?” He introduced himself and I just looked at him completely bored and uninterested.

“You have a name right?” he asked and his presence really irritated me. I got up from my seat and walked towards the table in front of me and walked towards the table in front of the bartender.

“I’ll take another glass of this” I said to the bartender as I tried to sit on the chair. I felt a little bit dizzy and tipsy but I was still quite aware of my surroundings. I drank all of the liquid at once and put the glass on the table.

“Wow… .easy there.” Someone supported my head and arm when it slipped from the table because I was so busy looking at the cupboard behind the bartender which was filled with alcohol from all around the world.

“Don’t touch me!” I hissed as I pushed away whoever touched me.

“Here you go, miss.” The bartender put the new drink in front of me.

Before I could take it, someone else took the glass and drank it all in one shot. My jaw dropped seeing my drink get stolen.

“Hey!” I hissed as I pointed at his arm weirdly. My eyes glared at him straight at his eyes but at the same time, he licked his lips making my eyes shift their attention. His lips… what’s he doing?

“What are you doing?” he was shocked to see me leaning my head towards him.

“Your lips,” I said as I slipped my hand to his right cheek and put my thumb on his lips caressing it.

“What are you doing?” he asked again but I ignored him completely fascinated by his lips.

“What are you doing?” he pushed my hand away from his face and I just turned my body back towards the bartender gesturing to him for another glass of cocktail.

“What a weirdo,” the man beside me commented and I just ignored him. I untied my bun, letting my hair fall because the Bobby pins attached to my hair made my scalp a little itchy. I ran my hands through my hair and smiled when the new glass of cocktail was placed in front of me. I sipped it and giggled.

“Are you single? Care to get laid?” The man beside me said loudly and I turned to him, raising my eyebrows.

“I’m married and I have five kids,” I said bluntly and I laughed weirdly.

“Where’s the wedding ring?” he asked and I looked at my empty hands.

I laughed and turned to him. “You don’t believe that I’m already married and have three kids,” I said coldly.

“Wow! Five kids and then three kids,” he said flatly.

“Just go away….. I h@te talking to an alien species like you,” I hissed as I lifted my glass, drinking it all again.

“Species?”

“Yes… men species are d*mb, idi*t, and stup*d. Only craving for sex and they don’t care about what other people feel,” I blabbered weird things.

“Oh… you have a trauma.”

“Correction…..,” I said as I put my index finger in front of him.

“I just h@te them. They d!sgust me,” I said and my body fell towards him and he caught me just in time.

My head was spinning around and I felt nauseous.

“Hey… ,” the guy patted my cheek lightly, trying to see if I was conscious or not. I got up slowly and turned to him. Everything seems so blurry except his face.
Wha.. what’s going on? The next thing I knew was … my lips on his.

~ Ckay’s POV ~

“We finished our project for now, so cheers,” Paul said as he lifted his glass that was filled with one expensive alcohol. I lifted mine and Dave lifted his glass too. We smiled at each other and drank it at the same time.

We just finished one of our biggest projects with the government to make a new building along with some new public facilities, so we deserve to have a drink and chill before other projects come to us.

“This drink is so good. It’s worth the cost,” Dave said as he put down his glass.

“We really need a break, it’s been a long time since I got laid. I really need that,” Paul said as he scanned the room hunting, but got sad when he knew that there was no woman that attracts him.

“That’s why you need to find a girlfriend instead of looking for a one-night stand,” Dave said and I chuckled.

“Having a girlfriend is fun but having a one-night stand is more fun. All we have to do is just leave before the girl gets too attached,” I said as I poured another glass of alcohol.

“Having a girlfriend means she will cling to you all day and text you all day, and when she moves into your house, she’ll start misbehaving and the list goes on.”
Said Paul as he shook his head completely. He h@tes the idea of having a girlfriend.

“Not all girls are like that, Paul.” Replied Dave.

“Well, I guess your girlfriend is an exception,” I said as I put some ice into my glass.

“Your girl is one in a million,” Paul said, and just then I saw a beautiful girl walking into the bar.

She was wearing a long black dress with silt on her legs showing her thigh a little bit and she had hair in a bun making her shoulder and neckline visible. Not to mention that she’s damn attractive too. My eyes studied her from her head to toe as she scanned the room to find an empty seat.
She walked inside and my eyes followed her. She sat in the corner of the room alone.

“Find someone interesting?” Paul said and I turned to him right away.
“Maybe… she just walked in,” I said and Paul smirked.
“I saw her, she’s hot but I can sense that she’s… not as ordinary as you think.”
“Why?” I asked and Dave chuckled.

“I don’t know. She kinda has a cold vibe to her. She might be hot but I don’t want to deal with girls like her.” Paul said and I rolled my eyes. We continued to talk about our future project and about moving our office to Lagos.

“She’s drunk. Look at her.” Paul said as he pointed at her.

I turned my head towards the girl and yes, she was 100% drunk.

“You can go… maybe you can get laid tonight,” Dave said and I smirked. I put my glass down and got up from my seat. I walked towards her table and before I could start a conversation, she already gestured to me to get lost. Is this a challenge? I sat down in front of her and introduced myself.

I asked her name but she got up from her seat and walked towards the table in front of the bartender. She ordered another drink and I decided to follow her.
Suddenly, I felt my phone in my pocket vibrating. I took it out and found a message from Paul, and it read thus:

“Bet you 10k (Ten thousand naira) that she’s cheap. Ask her to sleep with you and if she agrees, 10k will be yours.”

I put my phone back inside and sat right beside her. I started to make my move but she was so difficult. She kept looking at the cupboard instead of looking at me and it frustrated me a lot. That was why I bluntly said, “Are you single? Do you want to have 53X with me? Loudly and flatly, because I didn’t think I was interested to talk to her anymore.

She stated that she’s married and has 5 kids but she changed it to 3. I knew she was lying. She was still young to get married and have 5 kids and there was no way she was already pregnant with this body. I was going to go away but she said something that got me more interested.

“I just h*te them… they d*s gust me,” she said, and then suddenly her body fell towards me. I caught her and she started to close her eyes. That made me a little panic because I wasn’t planning to drag a drunk girl tonight.

“Hey hey…,” I said as I patted her cheek lightly, wanting to know if she was out or still conscious. She opened her eyes slowly as she turned to me. She pulled the collar of my shirt and kissed me. She sat upright and she started to kiss me passionately. I couldn’t believe what just happened but I didn’t also have any plans to back out either. I was making out with a hot chick.

We started to have a heated making-out session until I felt my friend down there wanting more. We were still at the bar and I couldn’t take her there.

“Let’s go… ,” I said and she nodded. I grabbed her and helped her get down from the seat. I turned to Paul and Dave and they were already smirking big time. Paul gestured for me to go and I quickly dragged the girl out from the bar. I then hastily reserved a hotel room.

She was staggering while I held her till we got inside the room.

To be continued...
FrankWriter

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2023
Episode 3

I kissed her again when the lift door closed and she continued to kiss me back with the same pace.
She got her hands on my chest, slowly tracing down —making my body burn with adrenaline. When the lifts stopped and the door opened, I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her out. I tried to find our room by looking at the sign but the girl kissed my ear making my head not able to process anything.

I grabbed her hand again and pulled her towards our room. I quickly opened the door and as soon as we got inside, I kissed her again.
She took off my suit and started to unbutton my shirt. She was hot and wild. My body was crazy and craving her.

I slipped her dress strap slowly, pulling it down —revealing her beautiful breast. I cupped it with my hands and started to trail kisses on her neck, slowly going down toward her breast. She moaned and pushed my chin up, kissing her lips again.

She took off my shirt and I helped her slip out of her dress. I wrapped my arms around her body, kissing her and I got more crazy when I felt her body against mine. She giggled seductively as she pulled me towards the bed.

She threw herself to the bed pulling me towards her and I was on top of her. The kissing didn't stop there. My whole body went crazy for her because of the hormone rush and the fact that I love her curves.

She started to roam her hands on my back, leaving hot trails all over it and I started to kiss her neck slowly down to her breast, caressing it and she moaned. I loved the way she groaned.

My hands slipped into her panties and she flinched a little bit before she told me that she wanted more. She begged me as she took off her underwear.
She pulled me, begged me by looking into my eyes that she wanted me inside of her. I was a little bit taken aback because no one…I mean no girl had ever begged me like that before.

I found it a little bit odd. I took off my trousers and went inside her. My eyes widened when I realized that she was still a virgin. I was going to back off that second but she pulled me closer. She was currently dealing with the pain as she groaned painfully.

“Don't stop she,” whispered

I was planning to stop, because she will regret this in the morning and I will have her ab*se me when she realized I took her virginity while she was crazily drunk.

“No, let's stop this…. I don’t…”

Before I could finish my sentence, she kissed me again and flipped me over. She started to ride me and we became so wild that night because we kept having s*x for hours without me getting tired. She was amazing and I wanted more.
We both fell asleep after that long and amazing night.

I had her in my arms and she buried herself to my chest hugging me back. I had to be ready for tomorrow because she will beat my @ss for taking her V card.

~ Adannaya's POV ~

I opened my eyes slowly and I felt so sore down there. I looked down and found someone wrapping their arms around me. I slowly turned my head and my eyes widened.

Did I just lose my virginity last night to a man that I met at the bar? Sh!t.
I slowly slipped away from his arms and quickly looked for my dress and my underwear. When I found them, I quickly put them on, checked myself in the mirror, combed my hair with my hands, and took out my lipstick from my bag.
I sighed and turned my head to the man that I slept with last night.

Well, it’s just a one-night stand so it’s not a big deal, besides I did ask myself to enjoy it and I did. No regrets… all I need to do now is just leave.

I put on my heels and checked myself one last time before going out. I saw the man as he moved in his sleep, so I decided to quickly go out of the room before he woke up.

I checked my phone and it was 10:30. I tried to find a way to the lift and when I found it, I pressed the button

“Hey, hey…. Wait!” I was shocked to see the man stopping me from getting into the lift.

“What?” I asked

“Can I get your name? and maybe your number?” He asked and I shook my head. I walked towards the lift but he grabbed my hand preventing me from going.
“Aren't you mad at me? I took your…,”

“No, let me go. I will forget about this and you too… so let me go, I said coldly and he looked at me in disbelief.

He slowly let go of my hand and I pressed the button. I closed the door and I smirked at him before the door fully closed.

I leaned my body against the wall of the lift and felt my head hurting so much. I drank a lot of alcohol last night and ended up in bed having s*x with someone I never knew.

Great! That tells me that I shouldn’t be drinking alcohol alone.

I got out of the lift and walked out to grab a cab to go home. I felt so dizzy and I needed more sleep too.

Once I arrived at my apartment, I dragged myself towards the entrance. I needed something that can wake me up because I still had a lot of alcohol inside my body. I opened the door to my apartment and walked inside, and suddenly someone jumped out in front of me. I screamed before realizing it was Nelo.

“Happy Birthday,” she said cheerfully as she hugged me tightly.

“Why do you smell like alcohol was poured over your body?” She said as she looked at me suspiciously

“I just lost my virginity to a stranger,” I said flatly and Nelo's eyes went so wide that it could pop out in a second.

“What?!”

“Yes, I got so drunk and we just did it,” I said lamely.

“Aren't you supposed to be mad at the guy for taking advantage of you?” You were drunk. she busted angrily

“No…. I don’t mind. Besides we will never see each other again and I won’t even have a boyfriend, husband, or someone else in the future. So losing my virginity to a stranger won’t mean anything. I said as I turned toward my fridge.

“Did you hear yourself?” she asked me looking so angry.

“Nelo, you know me and you don't need to be angry at me like this, I hissed coldly.

“When will you stop acting like this for God’s sake? You are a romance novelist. Can you at least believe in love just a little bit?”

“There is no such thing as love. it will always end up with separation, dead, or maybe che@ted on,” I said as I poured my drink into a glass. I turned my body to Nelo and she already gave me a k!lling look.

“Not all men are bad! They are not all sc*m.”

“You can say that because you're married to my brother and he's a good man to begin with. I don’t trust them… one of their species even took my V card last night. Yeahhhh,” I said sarcastically.

“I just hope one day you will find someone that you can crazily and madly be in love with— because I don’t want to see you alone all the time — and have this boring life of yours,” she said and I sighed.

“Being with someone is not for me Nelo. I don’t need a man, I have you, my dad, my brother and that’s enough. the three of you always give me a headache and I don’t need to add another one,” I said and drank a glass of cold water to dilute the alcohol in my body.

“Look, I know you can’t deal with separation, deaths, and getting your heart broken by someone, but this is life, my dear. It’s always happened and I know a little part of your heart still believes in love. Just look at how your recent novel turned out. everyone out there loves it and everyone believed in love again because of you but you the writer herself can’t even feel it,” she said and I just ignored her.

She hugged me one last time and left.

I walked to the bathroom and took a shower. After that, I wore my hoodie and a pair of pink shorts, then went straight to the bed. I fell asleep right away.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Please, Like, Comment, and Share!!
Don’t be a ghost reader

Follow up on Facebook
Frank The Writer

2 Likes

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by HawkToBar(m): 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
Present

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:22pm On Aug 04, 2023
HawkToBar:
Present

Welcome
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:15am On Aug 05, 2023
Episode 4

~Ckay's POV ~

“She what?” Paul asked through the phone.

“She just left. She didn’t even tell me her name or phone number.”

“That's new,” he simply stated.

“Not only you but me too, because this is the first in history that the girl left me hanging instead of me doing it to them,” I said as I ran my hand through my hair.

“Well…I transferred the money to your account already, buddy. I mean…I can see that she’s cheap. She was so easy to tame.” That got me a little pissed, but I didn't have any reason to be angry at Paul because it was just a one-night stand.

“Thanks,” I said to Paul and I ended the call. I sat down at my dining table and looked blankly at my glass of water.

Something about that girl last night that I just can’t forget. I don’t think it’s about her body or how good the experience was, but how she acted and treated me. Something off about her and why do I really want to know about her more?
I called the bartender that served us because I knew him. I always go there every week, so I know some people who work there.

“Hey, buddy.”
“Hey, Ckay, did you have fun last night?” He asked and I bet she swiped her card last night.”
“No, she came here with a check.”
“What? A check?” I asked in disbelief.

“Victor Ndoma, I bet you heard his name a lot. He’s a famous businessman, a prominent politician, and a former senator. He comes here sometimes. I don’t know what that girl's relationship with him but she gave me that check last night.”

“Victor Ndoma, I think I’ve heard about him before,” I said to myself.
“He got married to a famous actress,” he gave me another piece of information.
“Okay, thanks for your information.”

“I think she’s his sister because they kinda look alike. You can find her on the internet.” He suggested.

“Thanks, man, I appreciate it.”

“No worries,” he ended the call and I quickly went to Google and typed Victor Ndoma's family.

I quickly pressed the image button to find that girl. I scrolled a little and a smile came to my face when I found the girl that I was looking for.
I clicked the picture and it led me to an article. I read it and I smiled broadly, having found her name.

Adannaya, Ndoma.

I looked up her name now on the internet and I raised my eyebrows when I saw her birthday. She turned 25 yesterday and she sober her birthday alone? Not alone but with her brother’s check.
Quite odd.

She’s the daughter of Victor Ndoma, a famous politician in Nigeria. I tried to look at her profile more to find her job or where she works, but nothing popped up. There was zero information about her job and her love life. She was a little bit off in every way. She said she h*ted men last night. Did anyone break her heart?

Okay, Ckay…why do you care? Yesterday was a one-night stand, nothing more. I mean she was a virgin and she didn’t even get m@d at me for taking it from her. Just forget about her anyway, so why bother looking up her information and being curious about her? Instead of not looking and turning off my phone, I kept scrolling to find more information about her.

“Why so serious? You didn’t even notice me walking in.”

I jumped when my Dad suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I turned to him in horror and he chuckled.

“Hmmm…Adannaya Ndoma? Why are you looking at her pictures?” He asked and I flipped my phone immediately.

“What are you doing here?”
“I bought you the newest gadget,” he said as he lift wo big paper bags in front of me.

“What is this?” I asked as I opened the first paper bag.

“Newest iPad and it’s not out yet, so please, use it at home.” He said and I looked at the box nodding.
“What's that?”

“New JBL speaker. You’ll love it.” He said as he patted my back.
“Have you eaten lunch?” I asked.

“Not yet, wanna eat together?” He asked and I nodded.
“Sure…do you want something?”

I nodded again.

I moved all the paper bags to my room and changed my clothes because I was still in my yesterday's suit.
I walked out of the room and found my dad on his phone. I walked to him and took my phone from the table, putting it into my pocket.

“Let’s go… I'm starving.” I said and he nodded. He got up from his seat and we walked out of my apartment.

“Dad, I'm planning to move my office here and maybe move here permanently,” I said as we got outside.

“That's great. You need to be around your mom more,” he said and I chuckled.

“Why is that?”
“You need to behave, find a girlfriend, and get married.”

I rolled my eyes when he tried to talk about that topic.

“I’m just 29, Dad, and being a bachelor is nice,” I said proudly.
“Hey… you used to wish that you want to get married before 30 and next year you’ll turn 30.”

“Nah… I don’t think I will settle down. It’s hard for me to find someone that I like.” I said because it’s true. I dated a lot of women and no one matches me. I gave up my wish already after that.

“You'll find someone. I really believe that, but remember…finding someone that really matches you takes time and you need to get to know her more than just the surface.”

“Yes.. Dad,” I said in a boring tone.
“Have lunch with me and your mom next week. She will come back here next Monday. What do you say?” he asked.

~The Lunch day~

“Hey Mom…,” I hugged my mom tightly and kissed her cheek.
“Hey Dad,” I gave him a brief hug too.

“When did you arrive here, Mom?” I asked her as I sat down beside her.
“Yesterday, darling.. So, how’s your job?” She asked as she patted my hand. My mom was a famous designer and she just got back from Turkey for fashion week there. She loves her job so much that she almost works every day.

“It’s okay, mom. So, should we order now? I'm starving,” I said.

“Actually my friend will come here to join us, will it be okay? They will be here in two minutes maybe,” my Dad said.

“Of course, I don’t mind,” I said.

“Your Dad said that you will move here for good?” My mom asked.

“Yes, maybe next month. I will go back to Lagos in two days before moving back here,” I said and she smiled.

She pinched my cheek and she patted my hand again.
“Good…that's good.” She said and suddenly my Dad got up from his seat.
My mom and I quickly turned to see. What?

It was Victor Ndoma and his daughter. My eyes landed on her completely shocked and she just looked at me normally like we never met or even slept together before. She was wearing a black leather jacket with a black turtleneck and black ripped jeans. All black really defines her vibe right now; cold and dark.
My dad hugged Victor Ndoma and my mom hugged him briefly too.

“Victor, this is my son, Ckay. Ckay, this is my close friend since secondary school, Victor Ndoma,” my Dad introduced me and I shook his hand. I turned to Adannaya who hugged my Dad and my mom.

My mom said that it’s been a long time since she saw her. Adannaya turned to me and she just gave me a brief smile instead of shaking my hand.

Victor sat beside my Dad and Adannaya sat beside me. It was a small circled table that made me and Adannaya sit close to each other.

“Honey, this is Ckay, Chris's son. He’s an architect.” Her Dad said and she turned to me.

“Nice to meet you, Ckay.” She said normally, but her eyes looked at me coldly.

“Ada, it’s been a long time since we’ve seen you and you look so stunning as always.” My mom said.

“Thank you so much, it’s been two years, I guess,” Ada said.

“So…what's your occupation?” I asked and she turned to me right away.

“I don’t work. I just follow my Dad around,” she said to me smiling. I guess she’s a spoilt brat?

“Should we order now my dad asked. And I looked at the menu. Suddenly Ada's phone rang and she excused herself to go outside to take a phone call.

"Sorry if Ada is a little cold towards you Ckay. She is not good with men the Dad said to me.

That was what she mentioned last week

"Did she have a trauma or something? I mean I don’t bite.” I said in a careful tone.

“She changed ever since her mom died. She shuts people away and she barely has any friends, so I was hoping maybe you could be her friend,” Victor said.

“She's really a sweet girl but it’s just difficult for her to socialize,” my mom added.

“You should try to be friends with her,” my Dad added but I didn’t really want that. I don’t want to deal with girls…it gives me a headache.

“I think she will shove me away,” I said and his father sighed.
“I want her to find someone who can love and take care of her because I’m not getting younger and her brother can’t take care of her all the time even though she is independent by herself.”

Independent? But she said she follows her father around. I thought.

“So..what did I miss?” Ada came inside again and we all tried to act normal by ordering our food. I turned my eyes to Ada and she just looked at the table blankly instead of trying to make a conversation with others.

My parents and Victor were busy talking while Ada and I were just in our world.

“So, what are your hobbies?” I broke the short silence.
“Shopping and swiping my father's card,” she said without emotion.
“Do you like working out?” I asked.
“No…I'm on my way to getting fat.”

Liar. She’s far from that. She has muscles in her stomach. I said within.

“Really? Me too! We should go eat around together.” I said and her eyes widened. She turned to me in disbelief and looked at me in disgust.

“You should do that pumpkin. You need to gain weight,” Victor said to his daughter.

“Yes.. Let’s exchange our phone numbers so we can go around Calabar and eat a delicious meal,” I smirked as I put my phone in front of her.

“My phone number is not available for men,” she smiled sweetly at me which made me a little taken aback.

“Ada…,” her Dad warned.

“I'm outta here. I’m sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Chris. I have to go,” she said as she got up from her seat.

“Ada…don’t,” her Dad warned.

“I don’t need you to set me up to make friends or to have a boyfriend, Dad. I’m capable of living on my own and I don’t talk to men like him.” She turned to me, glaring, and walked out of the restaurant.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

Let me know if you're following.

I need to be sure people are following to continue.

Like or comment.

Follow me on Facebook @ Frank The Writer

2 Likes

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
Episode 5

~Ckay's POV ~

“I’m sorry for that, she…,”

“We understand it, don’t worry, Ckay will go after her,” my mom said and my eyes widened. I turned to her confused and she forced me to get up and run after Adannaya.

I walked out of the restaurant and looked to the right and left to find her. I saw her walking away and I ran after her quickly. I caught her hand and she turned to me trying to pull her hand from my grip.

“You shouldn’t treat and talk to your Dad like that. He wants the best for you.”

“Listen…you're no one to me, so even though you try to lecture me with your wise words, I won’t listen. So go back there and have a little chit-chat with everyone,” she said boldly but I kept holding onto her hand.

“No.. you listen to me. If you’re trying to push people away by acting that cold and bitchy, it’s working but your dad is working so hard for you to change and that’s why he’s introducing you to me. If you keep acting like this, you’ll lose your Dad sooner or later for giving him a damn headache because his daughter doesn’t want to socialize and act properly in front of people! He worried sick About you that he felt he’s getting older and older these days.
Can you at least cooperate with him for once? I won’t even contact you if I have your number because I’m not interested to talk or to hang out with a cold woman,” I busted angrily and she pulled her hands from my grip.

“Nice lecture, but he knows that I don’t need them. He knows that I’m capable of living by myself. That is his problem if he keeps trying because it won’t work,” she hissed.

“Fine, you are capable of living by yourself. Then have you succeeded in finding your necklace yet? I asked and her eyes widened.

“Give it back to me.”

“Uh, why do you think I will give it back to you? I bet it’s a cheap necklace that you picked out from the streets,” I said as I put my hands into my pockets and turned my body around.

“It is my mother’s,” she said and I just ignored her.

I kept walking towards the restaurant completely confident that she will follow me back.

“Ckay,” she called me and I smirked completely knowing that I won this battle.

“Yes, Ada?”

“Give me my necklace back,” she said.

“Why should I?”

“It’s my mom’s and my Dad gave it to me for my birthday.”

“Ah? The night that we had sex? that was your birthday? I asked and she looked at me coldly.

“Don’t give me that cold eyes, Ada. I might sell that necklace or maybe throw it away,” I said smirking completely hoping that she will surrender completely to me by begging but I was wrong.

“Name your price,” she said as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“It doesn't work that way, beautiful. You have to beg and ask me nicely,” I said and she rolled her eyes.

“It doesn’t work that way beautiful you have to beg and ask me nicely,” I said and she rolled her eyes.

“Don’t even roll your eyes at me, Adannaya,” I called her by her full name and she looked at me bored.

“Can you please give me back my necklace,” she said nicely but her eyes doesn’t lie. She was pretending.

“No,” I said and I walked back to the restaurant. I turned to see Ada following me inside which means I won.

His father looked at me completely impressed and amused that Ada could come back to the restaurant. My parents were even shocked to see what happened which means her walking away from people was a usual thing to do.

“I'm sorry if I walked on you all, ” Ada said and I smiled at her. She glared at me coldly and I bet she was ready to k*ll me.

~ Ada’s POV ~

I’ve been so stressed lately looking for my necklace. It was the necklace that my dad gave me for my birthday. I searched everywhere inside my house and even asked the hotel staff for it because I was willing to pay big time if someone finds that necklace and it ended up with Clay, the guy who slept with me last week.

“Do you want me to feed you or do you want to feed yourself?”

I turn to Ckay coldly and I took my fork right away. I stabbed the fries with the fork and looked at Ckay ready to k*ll him

I ate my fish and chips slowly that it looks like I only took a bite out of it. I gave half of it to my Dad and just looked at the other half blankly.

“Do you want to order something else, Ada? Mrs. Chris asked and I smiled politely to her and said no.

“You said you want to gain weight but you don't even eat your food,” Ckay commented and he really p*ssed me off. I wanted to smack him so badly.

“Mind your own business,” I hissed at him coldly.

“Don't bully her Ckay, this is your first meeting,” his mom said.

“Oh, yeah first meeting,” he said in a sarcastic tone and we both knew that it wasn’t our first meeting.

“So, Ada, what’s your ideal type of man?” Ckay asked.

“Well, they should have four legs, bark, love balls and be loyal,” I said smiling at Ckay and he just rolled his eyes.

“You love dogs?” Clay has two dogs at home Mr. Chris said.

“Oh really? Yes, I love dogs.”

“I asked her to buy a dog but she never wants it. She said that she won’t be able to take care of it because..,”

I glared at my Dad because he almost spilled my job.

“She is not responsible,” my Dad said and I rolled my eyes.

“You can come to my house and play with the dogs how is that?” Ckay offered and I felt it was the best chance for me to take the necklace from him.

“Sure. After this? I asked cheerfully and he nodded.

“Great! That’s great,” my Dad said and I knew he was happy that I’m trying to make friends but sorry Dad I’m only trying to get my necklace back, and not trying to be nice. I said to myself.

I ate the rest of my fish and chips slowly while our parents just talked about random things. Ckay and I just stayed silent all the time.

After lunch, we all walked outside and they started to hug each other before going away.

“Ada, don’t be cool towards Ckay, and please be nice,” my Dad said to me and I nodded.

“I promise,” I said nodding and my Dad got into his car and left. Mr. and Mrs. Chris hugged me briefly and I thanked them for lunch.

They were so nice and sweet but not their son I bid them goodbye and they left leaving me and Ckay alone.

“Let’s go,” he said and I followed him towards his car. I got into the passenger side and put my seat belt on right away

“Do you really like dogs or are you just putting on a show to get the necklace,” he asked.

“Both of them,” I said honestly and he shook his head. He put on his seat belt and he started to drive away. We both stayed silent inside the car and I didn’t even want to make a conversation with him.

“Oh, where are you going?” I asked him because it was like he was going toward my apartment.

“My apartment, where do you think I’m going?” He asked and I just stayed silent.
So he lives in the same building as me? I wasn’t surprised because he looked rich and this apartment is quite expensive. He parked his car inside and I got out of his car.

“Where did you find the necklace?” I asked him as we walked towards the staircase. It was a five-storey building.

“I found it on the bed. I saw it when I tried to find my phone,” he said as he pushed the button.

“Now, name your price. I want it back,” I hissed coldly.

“I don’t need money, Ada. You and I both knew that, and besides it won’t be easy for you to get that necklace back from me,” he said smirking, and then the door opened.

“What do you want? Don’t tell me that you want more sex?” I looked at him suspiciously.

“You are not that tempting to me anymore,” he said and I shrugged. I observed we were on the second floor of the building. Meanwhile, I stayed on the last floor of the same building.

Strange!!

“Thanks for the compliment,” I said and we both turned silent again.
When we arrived at his floor he gesture to me to get inside first. Before I could look around, two dogs ran towards me and my eyes widened. The both of them att*cked me with kisses and I giggled seeing them jumping towards me.

“What's their name?”

“Milo and Daisy,” Ckay answered as he pointed at the dogs.

I ruffled their hair as they shook their tails.

“So, where do you live?” he asked suddenly as he stood beside me.

“Why do you want to know?” I asked.

“Just curious,” he said and I turned to him

“Give me back my necklace it’s my mom’s and I can’t live without it.”

“Why didn’t you even try to find my contact and ask me if I saw the necklace or not?” he asked.

“Just give me back my necklace.”

“Answer the question,” he hissed coldly and I looked at him annoyed.

“Why should I contact the person that I slept with? I don’t even want to deal with men and you’re one of them.” I hissed back.

“Look, Adannaya, men population is not as disgusting as you think they are.

“Can you stop calling me that? you are nobody and you don't deserve to call me that,” I burst at him angrily.

“Control your temper beautiful, or else that necklace will end up inside the closest,” he said, looking at me coldly.

“What do you want? Tell me, because I really want that necklace back,” I said and he chuckled before sitting down on the sofa.

“Ckay,” I said in a warning tone.

“Let me be your friend for three months, then I will give you your necklace back.

“Wha? Why would you? Do you hear yourself now? Or are you drunk?” I asked him in disbelief.

“You heard me.”

“You’re going to die young if you want to be my friend.”

“Try me,” he said and I sighed.

“I bet you can’t handle me,” I said confidently.

“Then if I can’t handle you anymore I will surrender and give you your necklace back right away,” he said.

“You know if you want sex just say it, I can give you one-night and you can give me back my necklace,” I said and he got up from his seat looking at me with his eye burning with anger.

“Are you seriously that cheap? you didn’t even get m@d when I took your virginity that night, now you’re offering me another night just for a necklace?”

“It is not an ordinary necklace,” I busted.

“Damn, where is your pride? You are a woman for God’s sake,” he busted angrily as he stood in front gesturing me from head to toe.

“Why should I care about my virginity? I won’t have a boyfriend or a husband and I won’t even have a kid why should I care? Besides you have tasted me once and what’s wrong if I give you another round? It won’t matter. Listen, that necklace is my mum’s and she’s already dead if you’re asking. I can’t live without that necklace, so stop making it difficult and give me the necklace. You and I will be in peace if you agree to give me that necklace now,” I said honestly and he sighed.
He ran his hand through his hair and then sat down on his sofa leaning his body back and closing his eyes.

“I bet you’re tired of me and I don’t even want to see you again so it’s a win-win situation.”

“No, it is not a win-win situation,” he said and I hissed.

“Then, tell me what you want.”

“Fine. Strip! Pull your wears,” he said as he gestured to my body.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2023
Episode 6

~ Ckay's POV ~

Before she could strip, someone rang the doorbell and I heard Dave's voice. Shit! I got up and quickly pulled Ada toward my room.

“Stay here and never come out.”

“Why should I? I’m not…,

“Just do it or else you’ll get yourself into trouble,” I said and left her inside my room. I walked towards the door and opened the door to see Dave and Paul.

“What are you guys doing here?”

“Oh! Come on…we miss you already and besides we have to celebrate that we fully move into this city,” Dave said and my eyes widened.

“Yes…let's celebrate,” Paul smirked as he showed me a pizza box and some alcohol bottles.

No..no..no, Ada is here, you can’t stay here now, I said to myself.

“Guys, I will go out in a few minutes because my mom’s in town. I can’t celebrate with you guys.”

“You can tell them to come here. I bet they’ll agree to have a party with us,” Dave suggested.

“Come on… I’m starving here,” Paul said and sighed.

“Hey, I can’t…Let's celebrate this tomorrow. It’s on me,” I said and Dave raised his eyebrows.

“Are you hiding something from us?” Dave asked.

“Hiding what?” Paul asked as turned to me too.

“I'm not hiding anything. It’s just…, "

“Come here and enjoy it with us.” He said and I sighed.

I walked towards him and he gave me a glass full of alcohol. I talked to them normally but kept looking at my door room. I was so anxious about having Ada in here.

“You guys have to leave. I’m going to leave too,” I said and I texted Paul for help.
Paul nodded lightly, giving me a sign that he received the text.

“Dude.. My girlfriend suddenly need help. I think we should go,” Paul said and I nodded.

“Fine, but tomorrow we will celebrate again it’s on you buddy,” Dave said as he patted my shoulder.

“Fine…," I said and started to lead them out.

“I don’t know what you’re hiding but your dog seems to know where it is,” Paul whispered and I turned to see my dogs as they kept stretching on my door and sniffing it.

“Just go..I'll tell you later on,” I told him and he nodded.

They both got out of my house and I quickly ran towards my room. When I opened the door, I found Ada sleeping on my bed. My dogs ran towards her but it didn’t wake her up. I told the does to go out and I quickly shut my door.

I looked around to see if she decided to find the necklace, but no she didn’t.
I checked my drawers and my closet but she didn't touch anything. She fell asleep on my bed.

I mean Dave and Paul were here for more than thirty minutes and it made me so anxious to keep her here but she fell asleep which was great. I didn’t want to deal with her dark side if she was awake.

I sat outside and studied her face. Why do you h*te men so much? huh? Why do you always push people away? You even act like love doesn’t even exist?

I pulled my blanket and wrapped her body with it. I walked out of my room and sat down in my living room watching Netflix with my dogs sitting beside me. I looked at the food that Paul bought, and I decided to take a piece of pizza.

I got up to take a can of coke from the fridge when suddenly Ada walked out of my room. She smiled when the dogs ran towards her, and I always felt a little weird every time I see her smiling even though she wasn’t smiling at me, but when she does it was like the whole world was finally at peace.

“Sorry that I fell asleep on your bed, now just tell me what I should do to get that necklace back?”

“It is my mom’s and I just can’t let you throw it away,” she added as she walked towards me. I looked at her in disbelief and she looked at me confused.

“What?” she asked.

“Did you just say sorry act so calm right now?” I asked.

“Just tell me okay? I’m tired and I want to go home. I h*te being in other people’s places,” she said as she looked around.

“I told you about it already. Let’s be friends for three months, that’s all I want and I will give the necklace back to you.

“But what makes you want to be my friend? making a deal must have a win-win situation and we don't have that —if you suggest something like that,” she said and that made sense because I should have tried to make her be my slave or something but I don’t really want to dig and find an answer because I’m a man who always wants the answer in every question that I have in my head and when it comes to her it seems nothing comes out.

“Can you please think another way? I’m not good at dealing with people and I don’t really like dealing with men,” she said and I sighed.

“Maybe I can help you… how about that?”

“Look, Ckay, I don’t want to deal with people besides my Dad, my brother, and his wife. So, can you please take it easy on me?”

Fine, let’s meet once a week for three months,” I suggested and she raised her eyebrows

“Once a week?”

“Yeah and we can go anywhere to hang out,” I said and she looked so uncomfortable already.

“If you don’t like going out, you can come here or maybe I can come to your house… how’s that?

“This is weird,” she said

“We can start today I have food and we can watch Netflix together,” I said and she turned to the living room.

“This is going to be so difficult

“Deal?” I asked in a careful tone.

“It means we are only going to see each other 12 times, right? she asked making sure again.

“Yeah.”

“Fine,” she said and I put my hand in front of her, asking for a handshake, but she seems not sure. She looked at me and my hand a few times before she took it and pulled t from me fast.

“Sit down…do you want Coke or Sprite? I asked her.

“Uhmm.. water is fine,” she said as she slowly walked to the sofa. I looked at her back and she kept looking around my room completely feeling uncomfortable.

“Let's be friends, Ada. We will be best friends by the end of the deal.”

~ Adannaya's POV ~

I sat awkwardly on Ckay’s sofa and I kept feeling nervous. I kept trying to act normal but I couldn’t. I couldn’t believe that I just agree to this deal. I h*te it I really h*te it.

“Here you go,” he said as he gave me a glass of water. I nodded and took it from him. I drank it and turned to the TV coming myself down.

“What do you want to watch?” He asked.

“You pick,” I said.

“Can you come and sit closer? You are sitting on the edge of the sofa. I don’t bite, Ada,” he said as he patted the spot right beside me. I looked at him and slowly moved closer.

“You only moved an inch,” he said flatly

“I’m comfortable this way,” I said and he decided to let me sit there. He gave me the box of pizza and I took one. I ate it slowly and Milo (one of his dogs) came to my side which made me more comfortable. I patted its head as I ate my pizza.

“Do you like romance movies? Action movies? Or..?”

“Anything is fine,” I said and he chose one random action movie. I guess he likes action movies. I put my legs up and had my attention on the movie.

“Do you love this movie?” I jumped when I heard Ckay. I turned to him and nodded

I wanna ask you something what exactly is your occupation?” he asked
“I told you already. I followed my Dad around all the time.” hissed coldly and I bite into my pizza after that.

“Why is this so hard to believe? I don’t think you are a spoiled brat.”

“I am,” I said right away and he just shrugged which was good. I put my pizza down and got up from the sofa. I felt so uncomfortable to be in one room with him. I always felt like someone choking me all the time.

“What are you doing?”

“I want to go home,” I don’t like being in the same room as you," I said and got up to go.

“What? what’s wrong? I didn’t do anything..”

“That's the point. Look…I can’t do this, okay? it’s making me anxious and go crazy. I don’t like being with a stranger.”

“I’m not a stranger.”

“Well, technically you are,” I said coldly and she looked at me confused.

“I’m your dad’s friend's son.

“We just met today…I mean we met last week but still.”

“Fine, I will let you go today but you need to give me your phone number,” he said as he put his phone in front of me. I got nervous and shook my head.

“I’ll keep my promise instead. I’ll come here every Saturday. Will it be okay with you? I asked as I pushed his phone away from me.

“I need your phone number, Ada. What if I have something important going on and I can’t contact you to let you know about it?”

“Uhmm,” I sighed and I gave up. I took his phone and put in my phone number and gave it back to him. I could see a smile wreathed on his face like he just won a battle.

“Happy now?” I hissed coldly and I took my bag with me walking towards the door, and before I could open the door, Ckay grabbed my hand and that scared me. I pulled my hand away from him quickly.

“Where do you live? I can drive you home.”

“Um, no…no, thanks,” I said and I opened the door.

“I will see you next week then,” he said and I just nodded lightly. I walked out of his apartment and he closed the door. I quietly walked the staircase.

What did I get myself into? I think agreeing to Ckay wasn’t a good idea.
I walked up to my floor and walked into my apartment. I threw myself to the sofa and turned on the TV. As usual, being at home is the best feeling ever. My phone rang suddenly and I quickly accepted it hoping it was my publisher calling.

“Hey, Tony.”

“Ada…,”

I was shocked to hear who was on the other side.

“It’s me, Ckay..,” he said.

I was still shocked. I couldn’t say anything.

“Did you take a taxi? I was going to drive you home but I didn’t see you at the staircase he said and I sighed.

“Yeah, I did. So, no worries,” I said quickly.
“Okay, then,” he said and I quickly hung up.

I then saved his number as “Don’t Answer” because I didn’t want to talk to him or even answer his call. I turned off my phone and just casually watched a movie.

After that, I decided to take a shower and put on my pajamas. I turned on my laptop and started to write a new story. I brought my laptop to the living room and started to write there with Rema's song blasting inside my house.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

🤥 Forgive me if there are some grammatical errors... I didn't calm down to write this one.

Please, Like, Comment, and Share!!🙏❤
Don’t be a ghost reader.

I might stop updating if nobody is commenting.

Follow me on Facebook: Frank The Writer

WhatsApp: 09076691342

3 Likes

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Brightspecimen(m): 7:01am On Aug 12, 2023
Nice write up, this piece makes me glued to my scree for the whole time haven't done that in awhile.

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by enigma0: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2023
Enthralling storyline here🙌

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
Episode 7

~ Ckay's POV ~

I went off to work completely with zero mood. Someone decided to ruin my God damn mood last night. Thanks to her, nothing worked for me since this morning.

I threw my back to my chair and I pulled my tie off because I couldn’t breathe. We just started and she's already p*ssing me off. What kind of species is she? Is this a curse or what?

"What's with the mood today? Paul asked as he brought me a bottle of water.

"Don’t start Paul. I can punch you in the face here right now."

"Who pushed your button? Oh... and you owe me some explanation because I helped you yesterday," he said as he sat in front of me.

"Is Dave here? I asked as I sat down on my chair.

"No, he’s not. So chill...it’s just you and I," he said and I sighed. I closed my eyes and leaned back in my chair.

"The girl we saw last night."

"What about her?"

"She’s my dad’s friend’s daughter and our parents happened to introduce us yesterday at lunch, and then she is difficult," I hissed and Paul laughed

"And then?"

"Her mom died and it changed her. Her dad sort of asked me to be her friend because she is not that good at socializing."

"And you agree?"

"Not exactly agreeing with him but I happened to have her necklace after that night and it’s her mom's. I used it to blackmail her," I said as I put my hands on my forehead massaging, it hoping the headache will go away.

"You asked her to be your friend with benefits or you asked her to have sex with you?"

"No, I asked her to be my friend I said and Paul looked at me in disbelief.
"What?"

"You heard me I sighed."

"But why?"

"It is hard to describe it with words and I think if you get to know her you might know why I did that," I said and Paul chuckled.

"Did she put a love spell on you?"

"She has zero interest in love, Paul. She hates men."

"So, she’s a les..,"

"No, she’s not. Something is off with her and I want to know why."

"Typical Ckay. You always want to know everything and I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to try to dig into someone like her," he suggested.

"I'm already regretting it, so don’t remind me about it," I said as I took an Advil from my drawer. I took it and drank it with water.

"I suggest that you back off before she makes you crazy."

"I might regret it but I don’t think I want to back off."

Beware of the cupid." He smirked and I shook my head.

"She might be beautiful and hot but I don’t like her personality she’s awful cold and rude."

"What's her name?"

"Adannaya...Ndoma. Do you know her? I asked and his eyes widened.

"What? Adannya? The daughter of Victor Ndoma?" He asked me again making sure that he heard it right.

"Yes. why?"

"I don’t know if this rumor is right or not but she’s a famous writer. My cousin worked in a book publishing company and she saw her go there a few times."

"Writer? What kind of book? Horror? Thriller?" I asked.

"Romance." When Paul said that, I laughed my @ss off.

"Romance? Why is this so hard to believe? She h@tes men and she has zero interest in relationships. But she’s a romance writer.

"I don’t believe it. Do you have any proof? I asked still laughing.

"No, because there is no book with her name on it but my cousin saw her a few times in that building."

"She always followed her Dad around and spent his money. She’s not working now. Maybe she was visiting someone there," I said.

"Some people believe that she is a famous writer but she published her book with other names so there will be no spotlight on her," Paul said and that made sense. Somehow, it’s hard to believe that she is a romance writer.

"I still don’t believe that she is a writer. A rude cold and crazy girl like her can’t be a writer. I will believe if she writes horror and thriller but not romance," I said shaking my head.

"That’s what I heard...you know my cousin. She’s always babbling.

"I'm 100% sure she is not a writer," I said.

"You will never know, she might surprise you," Paul said and I shook my head.

"If she admitted that she is a serial killer I might believe her," I said and Paul rolled his eyes.

"Good luck handling her," he said as he got up from the chair.

"Thanks and pray for my safety please," I said and Paul laughed.

"I have a feeling that maybe she is more than what we think she is. She might surprise you with a lot of things and you will end up falling for her," Paul said as he pointed his finger at me.

"No, thanks. I will die young if I fall in love with her. Besides I don’t think she will surprise me," I said confidently.

"Instead of you making her cry, I think she will make you cry one day I have to buy tissues to get ready for that to come."

"Damn, you. Get out," I hissed and Paul smirked big time.

He walked out of my office, and I ran my hands through my hair frustrated. Ada p*ssed me off and then I couldn't even sleep last night. What kind of monster is she? God, please help me.

~ Adannaya's POV ~

"I can’t believe you dragged me here again I have other things to do," my brother, Kings hissed as we walked inside a Mall. I ignored him and took one trolley for us to put things inside. I walked to the cereal section and bought 7 packs of cookie crisps because it’s my favorite.

"You need to stop eating cereal because it's not good for your body. You need to have a proper meal, Kings said and I just gestured for him to shut up.

I walked to the frozen food section and bought a lot of chicken Nuggets and fries. I dragged Kings to the cake section too because I wanted cheesecakes o badly
"I always wonder why you haven’t died yet because you always eat junk food Kings said and I glared at him.

"Shut up," I said and after that, I brought the trolley to the check-out session.

Kings helped me with everything and he paid for it. We walked out of the mall and kept all my food in his car. I got into his car and he drove me home. I told him that I could take everything myself so he could go home right away.

He dropped me at the lobby and I walked inside with my hands full of plastics. I was at the staircase and suddenly someone took some of my plastics. I turned to see Ckay helping me with the plastic bags. He didn’t say anything and it made me feel so bad. I'm guessing that he’s still mad about what happened last week. I mean he deserves it.
He stood and waited for me to walk through the staircase first. I was debating with myself whether I should move on or wait for him to follow behind but I ended up moving without looking back. Why should I care?

When I arrived at my floor, he was already there at the door waiting for me. He didn’t follow the same route as me. The staircase had two entrances so I guess he quickly followed the other side and got to my floor before me. He dropped it and left without saying anything leaving me damn guilty.

"Bleep him," I think he’s trying to find a way to get my attention.

I walked in and kept everything on the table and started to put everything in its place. After I finished everything, I poured myself a glass of cold water and drank it slowly while my left hand pulled the glass down.

Tomorrow is Saturday and I would have to see that creature again. Ugh, why did I agree to it? He's making me sick just by standing next to me.

My phone rang and I saw my publisher's name on the screen I picked it up and put it on loudspeaker

"Hey, Tony."

"Hey, Ada, we checked your last book and it's not as good as the last one she said and I wasn’t surprised actually.

" Okay, I will try to edit it I said flatly.

"Have you considered our offer for the Book Expo? He asked in a careful tone.

"You know that I don’t want to reveal myself, Tony. You don’t need to ask me about it to know my answer," I said in a good tone.

"Sorry. I will send you the ticket for the book Expo next week."

"OK," I said and ended the call. I walked into my room taking my laptop with me towards the living room. I sat down and decided to delete the draft that I sent to Tony two weeks ago.

I decided to write a new set of stories I. sat down in front of my laptop hoping the idea would come out instantly, but I got nothing. I hugged my knees and then turned to my MP3. I turned on my favorite song from Rema.

I got up and decided to work out because maybe those ideas would come after I sweat my *** off. I started to do my usual workouts and after that I let myself go down.
I took a long shower hoping those ideas would come to me but still zero.

I walked out of the shower and I decided to go to sleep because I was tired. I tried to go to sleep but I couldn’t. What is wrong with me today? I changed into my hoodie and my sweatpants.

I walked out of my apartment to go to the garden, beside the swimming pool. I brought my earpods with me to set the mood. I plugged it into my ears and went down to the last floor. I walked out from the staircase to go straight to the garden. The lights were so beautiful that I could stay there for hours enjoying the breeze.

I sat down on one of the benches there and looked up at the sky. I closed my eyes feeling the wind blowing. I sighed and opened my eyes. Loneliness is something that I always experience all the time. I knew it would always be there and no one could hear it even though I still have my dad and my brother, there was still a big hole inside my heart.

"Nelo, my brother's wife suggested that I needed to open up to someone and I tried that already but it failed. I'm tired already, h*te myself for being like this but it’s better than having my heart burn into pieces."

"What are you doing here?" I turned to see Ckay in his robe and I was assuming that he just finished swimming.

"I need some fresh air," I answered without looking at him.

"It's cold you should go inside."

"Mind your own business," I hissed coldly.

"Tomorrow I will see you at 10," he said and I turn my eyes to him.

"Why so early?"

"You will see," he said and he walked away.

I sighed and pulled my legs up. I hugged my knees and closed my eyes.

"Till tomorrow, then."

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
Episode 8

~ Ckay's POV ~

I walked to the door when I heard the doorbell ring. I opened it and saw Ada standing in front of my door. She was wearing denim shorts and a grey tank top revealing some skin.

What kind of test is this?

“Why so early?” She asked coldly. What a great way to start my morning. I was greeted by a Princess.

“Come in,” I said and quickly ran back to the kitchen to check on my eggs. I turned off the gas and added the fried egg to the plate. I placed a plate full of eggs and bread in front of Ada, and she looked at me with questioning eyes.

“Eat it…we will go out after this,” I told her.

“I never accepted to go out, Ckay. I h@te being surrounded by people,” she said coldly and I sighed.

“Can you just cooperate with me? I’m trying here. So, can you appreciate it a little bit? I looked at her seriously and she took the fork in front of her and began to dig the egg.

“Are you Ok?” I asked as I sat in front of her with my plate of eggs and sliced bread.

“I’m fine.”

“You have puffy eyes,” I said.

“Mind your own business Ckay,” she said as she put a spoonful of egg into her mouth.

We both ate in silence and she finished her breakfast first. She walked to the sink and washed it herself.

“Where are we going?” She asked.

“The Calabar beach. I heard it's an amazing place to be,” I answered.

“I’m not a fan of the beach,” she stated and I turned to her.

“Change your clothes because it will be a little chilly there,” I said and she walked out of my apartment.

I washed my plate and kept it back in its place. I then walked towards the door when I heard Ada ring the doorbell. I opened the door and she had already changed her clothes; she wore a black hoodie and denim jeans. She raised her eyebrows and I nodded to her, approving it.

“Let’s go,” I said as I took my car keys and my camera. We both walked out of my apartment straight down to the parking lot. When we got into my car, I turned to her as I started my car.

“Every week, we get to ask one deep question to each other and you have to answer it honestly. How about that?” I asked her and she shook her head.

“No…I bet you’ll ask me weird things, like how I still had my virginity intact when I’m already 25 years.

“I’m not that st*pid, Ada. I know how to respect people,” I hissed and she looked at me annoyed.

“Now, you can ask me one question,” I said.

“What exactly do you want from me?” he asked and I started to drive out from the building.

“I just want to be friends with you because I always want to find an answer to everything.”

“I’m not a math question,” she said in a cold tone as usual.

“I know something about you, but I want to know more.”

“Yeah, and then you will throw me away after you know the answer,” she said seriously and coldly.

“Now, it’s my turn. What exactly do you do? Your real job?” I asked because I was so curious about it.

“I’m working as an editor in a book publishing company,” she answered and Paul was wrong about her being a writer.

“You are not a writer?” I asked carefully

“One question a day.”

“Fine,” I hissed and she suddenly turned on the radio.

She looked out the window completely drown in the view of the town.

“Can you just find a girlfriend or something because I really don’t like the idea of us being friends,” she said suddenly and I laughed.

“Are you really that eager to get rid of me, huh?”

“I don’t like to be in the same room with a stranger.”

“I’m not interested to find a girlfriend now, so it means you are stuck with me, Ada," I smiled proudly and she just ignored me.

After a long drive, we arrived at Calabar beach. I parked my car first and we got out of it. The weather was so nice even though it was a little windy, but it was perfect to have a stroll on the beach.

We walked side by side towards the beach and none of us tried to talk. So, I decided to start a conversation.

“Did you regret what happened that night?" I asked her as we walked towards the sea.

“No, I didn’t regret it, but I regret meeting you again," she said.

“Ouch,” I pretended to get hurt by her words.

“You thought I felt pity?” She asked me in disbelief with an angry tone.

“You don’t seem to be happy. You don’t enjoy your life like others. It seems like you are always drowned with sadness,” I said honestly and turned to her.

We both stood beside each other facing the sea, hearing the waves making their way to the shore.

“For a stranger, you care too much," she said coldly.

“I’m your friend now not a stranger anymore.”

“Why do you care if I’m happy or not? it’s my life, not yours.”

“I used to not care about it but ever since my brother k*lled himself because of it, I started to see people around me more, I told her, remembering my late bro. I miss my brother so much but now I believe that he already got peace and happiness up there.”

“Sorry about your loss," she uttered lamely.

“Thank you. I was busy with my alcohol, my love life, and partying when he was busy struggling with himself all the time. I didn’t know that he was battling with a lot of things until he died.”

“So, is that why you want to be my friend? Don’t worry, I won’t k*ll myself,” she said confidently.

“You might survive now Ada, but later on you realize how lonely you are and you will start planning weird things inside your head," I said in a warning tone and I turned to her.

“You don’t need to worry about me I wouldn’t do something like that.”

“Good to hear that.”

~ Adannaya’s POV ~

When Ckay was busy with his camera, I decided to put my ear pods—on and turned on some music. I focused my attention on the waves and closed my eyes feeling the wind blowing through my face. I took a really deep breath and let it out slowly. I h*te to say this, but I quite enjoyed spending time out there.

I opened my eyes and turn to find Ckay, but he was nowhere to be found. I got up immediately and started to look for him.

I gulped nervously when I couldn’t see him around me. I ran back to the car, but he wasn’t there. I started to panic and my blood started to rush quickly all over my body. I kept running around to look for him, but still, there was no sign of him.

While I was walking and running around to find him, there were a bunch of men walking towards me. I felt so scared and anxious that I ran away from them even though they didn’t do anything in particular. I hid behind a black car and hugged my knees.

Where is Ckay?

“Ada, what are you doing here?”

I slowly looked up to see Ckay standing in front of me completely confused. He was surprised, why the heck I was hiding at the back of a car?

“Where were you?” I busted angrily at him.

“I went to the toilet,” he said and I walked away from him.

My heart was beating so fast earlier. I thought he left me alone here.

"Are you okay? I went to the toilet earlier. Did something happen?" Ckay tried to talk to me and he even tried to stop me by holding my arm.

"I’m fine," I said coldly as I pushed him away. I walked towards the sea and just stood there for a couple of minutes trying to calm my heart.

"I'm sorry, I should have told you that I wanted to go to the toilet. You were busy with your thoughts, so I thought you would be Okay if I leave you for a few minutes," he said and I turned to him angrily.

"That’s why I told you this isn’t a good idea," I ruptured angrily.

"Fine, I’m sorry, I'm sorry okay? I will never leave your side again. I'm sorry for making you panic earlier," he admitted it.

"I'm hungry I want to eat," I said.

"Let's go," he said as he gestured to me to follow him.

I walked behind him and followed him just by looking at his legs. I wasn’t aware of my surroundings until Ckay hugged me.

“Hey! Watch where you throw!” he shouted.

“Sorry! I heard someone apologizing and I looked up to see Ckay's face so close to me. I pushed his body away from me because just seeing him so close to me already made me hard to breathe.

“Thanks,” I said and he breathed.

“Pick one…Chinese food or Calabar dish,” I said and he started to lead me, crossing the street. I kept looking at people around me feeling nervous.

“They won’t bite,” Ckay said but I ignored him. I tried to look normal again and walked side by side with Ckay.

“Next week, I have a book expo event. I can’t hang out with you next Saturday…,"

“I can go there with you,” he said shortly before I could finish my sentence.

“Uhmm.. It will be boring.”

“Nah… I think it will be fun to know your job a little bit more,” he said and I stopped walking, making him stop too.

“What? Did I say something wrong?”

“But I’ll be working, and why do you want to follow me around?” I asked him.

“Ada, it’s a book expo. I love reading books, so the book expo will be fun for me,” he said and I sighed.

“Fine, I’ll give you the ticket,” I said and gestured for him to continue walking.

We walked around 7 minutes until we arrived at a small Chinese restaurant. We walked inside and wow…it felt so cozy and it was like we were in China.
The interior was Chinese-based, the songs were Chinese and there were a few faces that looks like Chinese people.

The beach has several restaurants, bars, and a local market selling traditional Nigerian crafts and souvenirs.

Ckay suddenly grabbed my hand leading me to the corner of the room with a small table and chairs facing each other. He let me sit on the corner and sat in front of me. I was so uncomfortable with how small the table was and how Ckay and I were sitting closely. I kept leaning back because every time I moved a little, Ckay always glanced at me.

“So, what do you want?” he asked as he showed me the menu.

“Uhmm, Afang soup,” I said because I loved it the first time I tasted it and I could bet theirs would taste better.

“Okay… do you trust me?” he asked suddenly and I turned to him raising my eyebrows.

“No.”

“Well… I see you’re the type of person who always picks to stay in their comfort zone.

“Can you just order the food?” I hissed coldly and he looked at me flatly.

“Fine.” He said and got up to order everything.

I looked around and saw people eating various types of foods which I couldn’t wait to try. I took out my phone and started to look on my social media to see what was happening around the world.

Then, an idea came to my mind for my next book expo. I looked up and saw Ckay busy taking a fork and spoon. He was returning to our seat after that.

“What? What’s with that face?” he asked when he suddenly had his attention on me.
I shook my head right away and he looked at me suspiciously.

“So, what do you do? Your job?” I asked him.

“Wow. Now, you’re interested,” he smirked.

“I’m not…I was just…nothing,” I hissed coldly at him.

“I’m an architect,” he answered, and I nodded.

"Oh! Wow! Sounds interesting...," I said.

He looked at me blushing. I tried not I laugh but couldn't. His smile was contagious.

What's wrong with me? I shouldn't be smiling with him.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by vicbros75: 8:37am On Aug 17, 2023
Nice piece of work frank the writer.i always love your work and the suspense it always creates urging reader to anticipate for more.well done bro.

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2023
vicbros75:
Nice piece of work frank the writer.i always love your work and the suspense it always creates urging reader to anticipate for more.well done bro.

Gracias
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:02am On Aug 17, 2023
Her 25th Birthday 🎉 🎁

(Ifenkili)

Episode 9

Ckay's POV~

When our food came, I turned to Ada to see her happy face seeing her food. I don’t know why but seeing her smile even though a little bit makes me feel calmer. She started to eat and I knew this wasn’t my first time seeing her eat, but she was sure a monster when she was hungry.

“I don’t like it when someone is looking at me when I’m eating, so you can just eat!”

I got back to my senses when she suddenly said that. I took my phone and started to dig into my beef.

Suddenly, I wanted Ada to taste mine so she has to know that staying in her comfort zone is boring. I started to make a spoonful of everything on my plate and put it in front of her. She looked at me suspiciously.

“Try it, you’ll experience heaven,” I said as I put it in front of her mouth.

“I don’t like using the same spoon.”

“Don’t worry I’m healthy as h*ll. Come on, what’s wrong with trying something new?” I asked and she opened her mouth. I put the spoon into her mouth and took it out. She started to munch it, and I look at her waiting for her to react.

“Not bad,” she said as she tried to avoid my eyes. I chuckled and I shared my food with her by putting some on her plate. She was already done with her Afang soup and we were both eating rice. I ordered coconut rice while she went for ofada rice.

“Here….I know you will love it,” I said confidently and she rolled her eyes. I started to focus on my food when suddenly Ada put some of her food on my plate.

“I’m full…so I don’t want to waste it," she said as I turned to her.
I smiled seeing her attitude. She might be sassy chic and cold towards me but I knew she has a caring side.

“I have been wanting to ask,” she said and paused.

“Okay. Go on…,” I said, hoping she won’t ask if I have a girlfriend.

“How did you find out I live on the last floor? I mean I never told you about it..,

Silence.

“Uhmm…,” I stammered.

“I'm all ears. Go on," she looked into my eyes.

“I traced you the other day when you were leaving my room. I really made sure not to be caught, and you never cared to look back.”

“Oh! I see. You know that’s desperation.”

Silence.

Hanging out with her today made me look at her from a different perspective even though I still couldn’t see her through, I got a few tips from her and her personality.

“So have you ever been in love? Do you have a boyfriend?” I asked carefully and she looked at me glaring, ready to k*ll me.

“I think you heard me blabbering things when I was drunk, why ask something that you obviously know the answer?”

Back to the cold her again.

“You may lie when you are drunk, besides I don’t know everything about you, and you didn’t blabber a lot of things when you were drunk,” I defended myself.

“If I had a boyfriend, do you think I would still have my virginity? You are such an id*ot,” She hissed as she got up from her seat.

I looked around to see if people heard when she said that because she said it in a loud tone. I felt embarrassed.

She walked out of the restaurant first and I followed her out. I walked beside her and started to think about how to apologize to her.

“Do you want to go to the bar? I asked when I saw a bar right across the street.

“So you can have sex with me again, isn't it?”

Why is this girl always thinking negatively?

“No, why would I? You are not sexy,” I said as I looked at her from head to toe. She continued to walk away and I sighed.

Did I say something wrong again?

“Let's have a drink then.”

She suddenly stopped walking and turned to me. She walked, crossing the street by herself and I quickly ran after her. She walked into the bar and ordered a glass of beer.

“I’m driving so I won’t drink,” I said and she ignored me. She started to drink her beer without talking to me. I took out my phone and decided to scroll through my newsfeed on Facebook.

“This is so good, and why is it so hot?” she asked.

“You drank too much, that's why.”

When I turned my head to her, my eyes went so wide. She took off her hoodie, leaving only her cropped tank top.

“Why did you take it off?” I asked as I tried to put on her hoodie again.

“I’m sweating, so shut it! Why are you so nosy? and annoying, Ckay?” She hissed coldly as she took her hoodie away from my hand putting it on the chair beside her.

I sighed and just looked at her drinking her beer. After three big glasses of beer, she decided that she is done. She walked out of the bar first, leaving me to pay her bills. I quickly walked out following her. She walked a little bit tipsy and I walked behind her completely worried about her balance.
When she was about to fall, I held her body and wrapped my arms around her bare waist, and have her lean completely to me.

“Why are you acting like this?”

“I h*te you, Ckay. I really do. Get lost!” She said as she laughed evilly and I just rolled my eyes.

We walked back to my car and I helped her to get into the passenger seat. I put the seat belt on and she leaned her head fully to the seat closing her eyes.

“I don’t want to end up like those love stories. I don’t want it,” she said and that made me look at her and she let out a deep sigh.

“I don’t want to end up like all of them. I h*te, Ckay. I really h*te him.

“Why?” I asked because she seems so drunk that she won’t even realize that I was the one who asked her.

“He’s dangerous. He has the same name as the gods of w@r. He is vi*lent and all he cares was people dying. I chuckled hearing it but the next thing that he said made me surprise.

“I want to get rid of him because he might hurt me and end up k!ll!ng me in the end.”

I was wowed and speechless.

~ Adannaya's POV ~

I felt something sniffing my body and I opened my eyes immediately. I jumped from the bed to see Milo and the other dog following me around. I looked at the clock and it was 7:00 AM. I saw my bag on the table and I got up taking it. I took out my phone and it was dead.

“Here…you were really drunk yesterday, I think you shouldn’t drink alcohol alone, or else you end up on the streets,” he said as he gave me a cup of hot tea. I took it and sipped it a little bit.

My eyes landed on the book that he was holding. He was reading my book. I turned to him completely shocked for a few seconds and I turned my attention to my tea again.

“You said you love reading right?” he asked.

“I’m an editor, how can I not love reading?” I hissed coldly

“I recommend you to read this book. I bet you will change your mind about your perspective of men,” he said as he put my own book in front of me.

“I’m not interested,” I said.

“This book is amazing. I will lend it to you,” he said as he gave me the book.

“I will lend it to you,” he added as he stretched his hand to give me the book.

“I said I don’t..”

“Ifenkili is amazing, how can she write a romance story this beautiful? I bet she fell in love multiple times or maybe she’s married already. How can a person really describe love so complex and simple at the same time?” Ckay said and I looked down to see my own book on my hand.

I never even read my own book again. I might be a writer and I love all the characters in the book but somehow I don’t have the guts to read my own book again after it got published.

“The main character, Chizzy. I really love her,” he continued.

“Romance stories. They are like fairy tales,” I said as I caressed my own book.

“For me, I believe in love so much because I always see my parents being in love with each other for more than 30 years and I try to find myself the right woman but I guess I haven’t found her yet,” he said.

“Do you think Ifenkili believes in love like you?”

“Of course, how can she write this novel if she doesn't believe in love? It doesn’t make any sense,” Ckay said as I nodded.

“I suggest you read it, you will love it.”

How can I not love it? I’m the writer, I said to myself.

“So you never look up who Ifenkili is? You said you don't even know if she is married or not…?”

“No one knows her. Her fans always wish that she can reveal herself because everyone wants to thank her for making them believe in love again and have hope in everything they do,” he answered and I nodded.

“I like this part of Ada. You've never been this talkative but you seem to like to communicate with people,” he said and I looked at him coldly.

I gave the book back to him and he chuckled. I got up from my seat and took my bag. I walked towards the door when suddenly the idea that came yesterday popped up.

I stopped right in front of the door and turned my body.

“Ckay..,”

“Hmm?”

“Do you believe in love at first sight?” I asked.

“No I h*te that idea,” he said as he got up from the sofa with his cup of tea. He turned to me with his eyebrows raised completely confused with my question.

“How about love after you spend a night together?” I asked again.

“Uhmm… maybe but I don’t think you can love someone after having sex or spending the night together. You will love someone after you get to know them and after you feel that you match with that person.”

“Why are you asking me this?” he asked and I walked back towards him.

“In 12 weeks you and I will go back to being strangers right?” I asked seriously.

“I don’t know…we can be friends. Why do you ask?”

“I don’t want that," I said to the point.

“Why?” I’m a rare species though,” he said proudly and I glared at him.

“What?” he asked.

“Bye,” I said and I walked out of his apartment.

I walked towards the staircase. And Ckay's words kept repeating inside my head.
Ifenkili the writer, everyone thinks is amazing, ain’t actually not that amazing. I knew and had a lot of people actually change because they read my book but I never thought it effect this much.

I went up to my apartment and took a shower. I changed into my casual wear and charged my phone.
I took my laptop and started writing new ideas. It was a Sunday morning and I didn’t like going to church, maybe a story for another day.

After writing all my ideas, there was a moment of silence for me. I took a really deep breath and let it out slowly. I tried to calm my heart a little bit, and when I couldn’t hold it anymore, I cried.

After my mom died, I’ve been dealing with the loss for years and it never gets better. I love my mom so much that her death was like a slow motion to me. From that point in my life, I realized that nothing lasts forever. People will come and go, they will come giving you love, and you give your love to them but one day they will always leave.

To prevent that, I’ve been shutting people out of my life. I prevent them to come and leave me with a lot of memories. I froze my heart, and maybe I turned it into stone already because I don’t want to feel love or pain again.

Now, Ckay decided to take a peek at my life, but I will stay behind that door giving him only 0.0001% of what it looks like inside. I don’t want Ckay to ruin what I have or else the pain that I felt seven years ago might come back and it will be much worse than before.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

How long will you be a ghost reader?🥺

3 Likes

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2023
Episode 10

~ Adannaya's POV ~

Now, I was watching the newest k—drama. I’m always a fan of K—drama because they always describe love in a very unique and cheesy way. Even though sometimes I cringed watching them but at the end of the day, I still love it.

I’ve been crying watching the newest drama 'Her Private Life’ I love the main characters and the storyline so much that I streamed at 6 am every Wednesday and Thursday just to watch it.

Oh… I will have raccoon eyes tomorrow. I need to put some ice on my eyes to prevent it from bloating tomorrow. I wiped my tears and kept watching until I eventually fell asleep on the couch after watching it till the end.

I slowly opened my eyes because the doorbell rang. I got up from the sofa and walked to the door. I opened it expecting my brother or Nelo, but… Ckay!

“Don’t you go to work?” he asked.

“No….why do you ask?”

“Today is the book expo day right?” He asked and I raised my eyebrows.

“What time is I?”

“Almost 12,” he answered and my eyes widened. I was going to turn my body to have a shower but Ckay stopped me.

“Wait!” I turned to him.

“Your eyes…are you okay?” he asked and I just nodded.

“You don’t look okay. Did something happen?” he asked and I pushed his hand on my shoulder.

“I'm fine,” I said coldly.

“Did someone make you cry?” he asked.

“Just go…I’ll text you after I’m done.” I hissed and he nodded. I closed the door and walked towards my room. I jumped into the shower quickly and put on ripped jeans with a white halter top. I curled my hair and put my makeup on. I texted Ckay to meet up in the lobby.

I took my bag and put everything I needed inside. I quickly walked out of my room and put on my high heels. I turned off my laptop that I left hanging last night.

I walked out of my apartment and found Clay already waiting in front of the stairs. I walked towards him and he turned to me.

“I told you to wait on..,”

“Are you sure that you’re fine? “ he asked and I sighed.

“Look, I’m fine, if you think that I will do anything crazy, I won’t,” I hissed coldly as we walked down the stairs.

“Do you miss your mom?” he asked.

“Can you not bring that topic up? I don’t like it when a stranger talks about my mom,” I said as I looked at him in his eyes.

Ckay turned silent and I took out my phone to order Uber. We walked out from the staircase and waited for the Uber to come.

“You never consider people’s feeling huh?” Ckay suddenly start to talk and I looked up at him.

“Yes, and this is what you get for trying to be friends with me. I’m not like an ordinary girl, Ckay. If you’re hoping to find a cute and kind friend to talk to, find someone else,” I said to him coldly and glared at him.

“If you think acting like this will make your life better, then you’re wrong. I know and understand that loss when someone that we love passes away but acting this way won’t solve it or bring them back, Ada,” he busted out.

“I know that you won’t do crazy things or maybe take your own life but… you need someone to lean on, you need someone that you can cry and let your heart out.”
That really hit on my soft spot and I took a really deep breath.

“One honest question a day, right? Have you ever wanted to be the ordinary Ada again? Have a life… a boyfriend, a husband, kids, and be happy like everyone else?” He asked and I looked away trying to hold back my emotion.

“There’s no such thing as a happy ending. It’s a fairly tale you bragged about how the novel you showed me yesterday was good and that it changed a lot of people. It’s a fairly take, Ckay. It’s not real and it will always be that way,” I said angrily.

“You have to move on, Ada. Moving on is not easy but you can get over it and start a new page in your life. It’s not easy but it will be worth it,” he said and I knew that because my dad and my brothers said it all the time.

“God already cursed me to be like this. He took away my mom and my happiness with her. Just let live that way, Ckay. You will waste your time trying to change me,” I said and suddenly my phone rang.

“Hello,” I answered.

“I'm here, miss. The black car in front of the lobby,” my Uber driver said.

“Okay,” I ended the call and walked out of the lobby with Cksy following me. I opened the door and greeted the driver. Ckay got inside and he became so silent after that.

~ Ckay's POV ~

I kept walking behind Ada all the time with a lot of thoughts inside my head. Should I just give up on her? I don’t think she will change seeing her heart as hard as a rock to begin with. Did I make a really bad decision to be friends with her?

“Ada!”

I turned to see Ada's sister-in-law, Nelo. She hugged Ada tightly and whispered something to her. Ada smiled, nodding and then Nelo turned her eyes to me.

“Who’s this?” Nelo asked Ada.

“I’m Ckay,” I introduced myself.

“Is he…”

“He’s the guy that my dad introduced me to,” Ada said and I smiled. Nelo grabbed my hand shaking it.

“I hope you are not sad with all her cold, sharp words and attitude. I'm Nelo by the way,” she said and I chuckled nodding.

Ada rolled her eyes and Nelo dragged me and Ada to get a drink together at the café right in front of the book expo.

The café was filled with people but after ordering our drinks, Ada left us to take a phone call and meet with someone for a moment.

“I heard about you from Ada, “ Nelo said and that surprised me.

“She told you about me? I thought she would never share her life with anyone?” I was so surprised.

“I was surprised knowing you wanted to be her friend. I never expected someone to willingly be her friend.”

“I have my reasons,” I said honestly and she nodded.

“She might be rude, cold, and mean to you but trust me… she’s not like that inside. She just shuts that side of her heart so we won’t be experiencing loss again.”

“I understand,” I said nodding and Nelo smiled at me.

“Thank you, Ckay. It’s not easy to be beside her but thank you.”

Before I could answer, Ada came back. She sat down and looked at her drunk blankly.

“Is everything okay?” Nelo asked.

“I'm fine,” she said.

This time, Nelo got a phone call. She excused herself and I turned to Ada.

“Are you hungry? Do you want to check that restaurant out?” I asked as I pointed at the restaurant beside the café.

“I’m okay,” she said and I nodded.

“Is something bothering you?” I asked again because her face showed everything.

“I’m fine, Ckay. Stop asking..,”

I shut my mouth and she got up from her seat suddenly. I closed my eyes and leaned back on the sofa. I think I should go home and rest because dealing with Ada always gives me a headache.

I opened my eyes when I heard the chair being pulled. I was going to say to Ada that I want to go home but she put a snack in front of me.

“I bought that but I found out they use bromate so I bought another one. That’s yours,” she said and I looked at the snack and then looked at her again.
“Thank you.”

“You can go home after this because I’m going to meet someone from the company.” She said and I nodded. I took the snack, a fish roll, and ate it.

“Next week.. we can’t meet.”

“Why?”

“Do I have to tell you everything?” She turned to me, raising her eyebrows.

“You have to tell me the reason.”

“Because I will have a meeting at home with my company, so I don’t have time to be with you.”

“Okay.” I nodded. One week's break from seeing her… would be nice.

“I’ll go inside first, you can go home.” She said and I nodded. She got up and walked out of the café. Nelo walked and she sat in front of me.

“She’s going back to the book expo,” I said and Nelo chuckled nodding.

“I kinda want to talk to you,” she said and I raised my eyebrows wondering.

“Is everything okay?” I asked.

“Ada… I know she’s difficult and I know that people might give up on her easily but somehow I believe in you,” she stated.

“Believe in me? What does that mean? Do you want me to..?”

“Opening up to new people isn’t easy for her. I don’t know if you want to give up on her now or not but as much as I know … that you’re the longest to stay.”

“We have known each other for just two weeks,” I told her and she nodded. I looked at her in disbelief.

“Thank you, Ckay. You don’t know how this means so much to me, her brother, and her Dad. We really have been struggling to change her.”

“I didn’t do anything and I think she’s a little bit nice to me because I have her necklace.”

“Necklace? What necklace?” she asked and my eyes widened. She didn’t know about me and Ada… oh shit!

“Nothing,” I said quickly and she let that slide.

“Okay then… I have to go home. Thank you, Ckay.” She said as she got up from her chair. I nodded and she left. I took my snacks. I wanted to tell Adam that I was going home so she won’t be looking for me later on.

I walked towards her computer booth looking for her but she was nowhere to be found. I tried to look for her all over the expo hall but there was no sign of her. I decided to leave a message and when I was going to the toilet… I heard a familiar voice.

“I told you I don’t want to do it! Why are you forcing me when I always say I don’t want it?” Ada busted angrily.

“You can get more money and people will have their eyes on you… ,”

“It’s not about the money!”

“Don’t you want to thank them?” The man asked.

“Is everything okay?” I showed myself and Ada saw me. Her eyes widened and she gestured for the man to shut his mouth. She walked towards me.

“What are you doing here?”

“I was going to the toilet when I heard your voice,” I said honestly.

“Did you eavesdrop?” she asked.

“I only heard that you two were arguing but I don’t know exactly the topic,” I said adding a little white lie.

“Go home,” she said as she turned my body around, pushing me towards the exit door.

“Go!” she said after she successfully dragged me out.

“But… ,”

“Mind your own business, Ckay.” She said seriously and I nodded.

I left the venue feeling so embarrassed.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

3 Likes

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
Episode 11

~ Ckay's POV ~

I swear that Ada always makes my mood drop and turns me into a madman. After what happened last night, I got so p*ssed. I really regret the day when I decided to ask her to be my friend. If could turn back time, I would want to undo the deal.

I got up from my seat, and looked out the window hoping that I could calm myself. I put my hands in my pocket and sighed.

"You know you have been acting like my girlfriend when she has her period," Paul said and I turned my body around.

"Adannaya again? Dude if she’s giving you a hard time, just let her go. Being an architect is tiring. And trying to add her into your life and turning you into this hormonal emotional won’t work in the future," he said and I sighed again.

I sat down and took my water bottle. I drank it all at once.

"Look, I think it’s time for you to just let her go. She won’t treat you any better in the future, besides you can't waste your time finding a hot chic," he smiled, smirking.

"Maybe you are right. She's giving me a real headache here and I don’t think she will change anytime soon in the future," I said and Paul nodded.

"Good. That is really a good decision," he said supporting me.

"I will just return her necklace later on."

Suddenly, my phone rang and it was an unknown number. I picked it up because it could be a client trying to work with me.

"Hello."

"Hello, Ckay. It's Victor Ndoma."

Speaking of the devil and it was her Dad.

"Oh, hello Mr. Victor, how are you?" I said quickly and Paul raised his eyebrows.

"I'm good. Thank you, sir."

"Uhmm, I want to ask you something...are you with Ada now? he asked in a really careful tone.

"Ada? No, I’m at my office. Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, Okay. Nothing I’ll just…,"

"Mr. Victor, is everything Okay?"

"She's missing..She never came home last night and she's not answering her phone either."

I face-palmed myself and quickly got off my seat.

"Have you tried contacting her company? She works at a book company, right? Maybe she might be there."

"No, we checked everywhere and Nelo said maybe she might be with you and so I asked your dad for your number," he sounded so worried.

"I will help you find her sir."

"Thank you Ckay," he said and I ended the call.

"You said you don't want to..,"

"She is missing, Paul. She might want to commit suicide somewhere. If we don’t try to find her," I said and I grabbed my suit. I walked out of my office and quickly got into my car.

I dialed her number again and again but she wasn’t answering.

Where could she be? She isn't at home or work, where else could this girl be?

Suddenly my phone rang and it was Mr. Victor again. I picked it up immediately.

"Ckay, we found her. She visited her mom's grave," I stepped on the brake and felt a little calmer now.

"Can you text me the address?"

"Sure, but I don’t think she will be happy to see you there," he said with a concerned tone.

"I will be fine. I will try my best to talk to her."

"Okay then," he ended the call and sent me the address. I put the address into my GPS and started to drive there.

What were you thinking Ada? You are so unbelievable. I murmured.

I drove fast towards the place and parked my car quickly. I got out of my car and try to find Ada. I walked inside to try to find her but some people were paying their respects too. My eyes landed on Ada because she was still dressed the same as yesterday, so it was easier to identify her. I slowly walked to her trying not to make noise.

As I walked her closer and closer, I could hear that she was crying. My heart crunched— listening to it and I could feel that she still couldn’t believe her mom already left this world.

I was planning to go to her and hug her but I found myself backward—giving her space. I stood far away from her, patiently waiting.

My phone rang and it was Mr. Victor but before I could answer, someone patted my shoulder. I turned my body and saw Mr. Victor and Kings Ada's brother.

"Is she okay?"

"She’s crying and I think she needs time to pour her heart out," I said and Mr. Victor walked towards her.

"Thank you for keeping your eyes on her," Kings patted my shoulder and I nodded. I turned my attention back to Ada and Mr. Victor now trying to talk to her.
She hugged her dad tightly and Mr. Victor tried to calm her down.

"Today is the 7th year of her mom's death. I don’t always like remembering this day every year. I and my daddy seems to forget that today is the day," Kings said and now I understand.

"She lost her mom whom she loves most when she wasn’t ready. She was 18 when mom passed away and I’m not blaming her to grieve again on this day."

"I’m sorry," I said to Kings.

"It’s okay," he patted my back and he walked towards Ada. I decided that I have to stay there or else Ada will k!ll me.

After a few minutes of persuading, her brother and her dad successfully brought her back. She saw me from afar and when I saw her eyes, I knew that her world already collapsed in front of her eyes, and there was no way to fix it. Her eyes were full of sadness and grief.
Seeing her right now in this state would make everyone understand right away why she has been acting like a demon all this time.

"I will get you water," Kings said and I quickly held on to Ada since Kings walked away.

"Dad can you buy me a cold drink, please," Ada asked and her dad nodded. I quickly slipped my arm around her back and held onto her by putting my hand on her waist. She completely laid her body to me.

"Today... today is the 7th year of my mom's death," she said slowly as tears fell out from her eyes again.

"I'm sorry."

"Ckay, why did God take her life instead of mine?" She asked and that really broke my heart. She was vulnerable, fragile, and really sensitive right now. She was drowning with sadness and loss.

"He has his own reason, Ada."

"I still can’t believe that she is gone. I’m not ready," she said and that’s when I hugged her; I hugged her tightly, and she cried again in my arms. I caressed her head and patted her back trying to calm her down.

Ada and I got out of the car and walked together side by side to the stairs. We just arrived at our apartment building — and it was already late. I didn’t want to talk to her Dad because she was in a really sensitive state and I didn’t want to hurt her with my words even though I wouldn’t say anything bad.

"I want to uhm..order pizza. If you want we can eat together," she said suddenly right after we arrived here on the last floor; her floor.

"I would love to," I said and she gestured for me to follow her out. We walked towards her door and she put in the passcode.

"I will go change first," she said and I knew I had to let her go to her room. I walked towards the living room. I sat on the sofa and started to look around. I love her interior designs of the house. She has a big bookshelf near the entrance door and a small comfy-looking sofa right next to it.

I got up and walked towards the bookshelf. Looking at the books that she read, I scanned them one by one and chuckled when I saw weird books like 'How To Be A Successful Gag Woman' and some other weird stuff.

My eyes landed on one section on the bookshelf, it was all the books of Ifenkili. She said she doesn’t like romance but she has all her books. I walked back to the sofa before Ada k!lls me for looking at her stuff. The second I sat down, she walked out of her room.

"The pizza will come in 30 minutes," she said and I turned to her nodding. She walked towards the kitchen.

She walked towards the kitchen.

"OK."

"Do you care for water?"

"Yes, please," I said.

Ada got me a water bottle. She sat on the sofa. I opened the water bottle and drank a few sips.

"I h@te to say this, but thank you for being there earlier," she said in a really sincere tone," I turned to her and smiled.

"I have one piece of advice for you Ada. I don’t know if you will like it or not," I said in a really careful tone.

She nodded and gestured to me to say it.

"Love and loss are two different things but always come together. I know you experienced loss seven years ago, and it's okay to be angry or sad and blame love, but please don't blame yourself or beat yourself up. Do you think your mom will be happy up there knowing that her one and only daughter keeps grieving?" I said and she looked down blankly.

"Ada, love will always come with a risk no matter how much you try to shut everyone in your life, you can't avoid it forever —one day you'd have to let your guard down and move on. She looked up to me slowly and she sighed.

"You deserve to be happy. If you keep being trapped in the past, when will you move on? Your mom wants to be happy and seeing you like this won't make her be in peace up there. Everything happens for a reason and you know that," I added.

"I don’t think I can. I don’t want to experience loss again. I h@te it. I h@te being attached to someone because one day do we always leave."

"What if they won’t leave?" I asked and she gave me a cold smile.

"Ckay, I bet you already thinking when you end the deal with me because I keep acting like a demon. Everyone will always leave me, it's a curse that I have to deal with for the rest of my life," she hissed coldly.

"Yes, I did think about leaving you, but now not anymore," I admitted and confessed my heart too.

"What?"

"I want to try to be your friend. I still have 10 weeks left," I said and she laughed dryly.
"I experienced loss too," remember I lost my brother and I know how you feel better than anyone else," I said as I moved closer to her.

"I believe in you. Let your past go and try to live freely, the weight on your shoulder will be gone. It is not easy, I know but it will be so worth it in the end," I smiled as I took her hand patting it. She didn't pull her hand away from me. She just looked at it.

"I can help you try if you let me try," I said and she shook her head.

"No," she said shaking her head a few times.

"Give me a chance," I said and she shook her head again.

"I don’t want to trust new people. I have three people and that’s enough," she said as she pulled her hand away from me.

"Fine, you don't have to trust me, but I want you to try to let your guard down to hang out with me from now on —you will see me a lot, instead of just once a week," I said and she shook her head.

"I don’t think that’s a good idea, Ckay. I know what will happen."

I busted completely, tired of arguing with her.

"Just for once in your life, try to get out of your comfort zone," I said and she closed her eyes and sighed.

"I don’t want to be attached to you. I don’t..,"

"Should I write a contract to be your slave?" I asked and her eyes widened.

"What?

"Just cooperate with me and let's see how it will go."

"I don’t like uncertainty... you acting like this will make me attached to you and you will leave once you successfully changed me. I will start from zero again once you leave," she said seriously and I looked at her completely speechless.

"That’s why I don’t want to be friends with a lot of people because when I love and like someone, I tend to pour my heart out for that person. I can’t change that because that’s in my blood, but I can change by avoiding them.

~ Adannaya's POV ~

I looked at myself in the mirror and my eyes were bloated. it was really hurt a lot. I walked out of my room after taking a shower. I looked around to find Ckay, but he was nowhere to be found. Has he gone already?

I walked towards the living room planning to clean up the pizza box, and Ckay was still there. He was sleeping by laying his body on the sofa and that was why I couldn’t see him.

I sat on the sofa next to it and looked at him. Many silly thoughts ran through my head as I stared lustfully at him.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

3 Likes

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2023
It seems nobody is following this story.

Let me focus on my Facebook 😩😩

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by vicbros75: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
Frank the writer am following the story please do continue I love every bit of this story.u re one writer that makes me come on naira land every day keep up the good work.kudos bro

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Izurejoice: 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
frankwriter:
It seems nobody is following this story.

Let me focus on my Facebook 😩😩
i dey follow you like twitter, just came fir another update and saw this
Please update

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
Izurejoice:
i dey follow you like twitter, just came fir another update and saw this
Please update

Lol.. When there is no comment, it's discouraging to continue
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
vicbros75:
Frank the writer am following the story please do continue I love every bit of this story.u re one writer that makes me come on naira land every day keep up the
good work.kudos bro

Thank you.
This your comment touched me. 😩
Make I post another one
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
Episode 12

~ Adannaya's POV ~

He’s really trying his best to change me and help me, but I kept pushing him away. I knew I always act like a b!tch in front of him even though he was just kind and thoughtful. I didn’t expect to see him today and some part of me was so glad because I wanted him to know what I was struggling with. So, I didn’t have to explain.

“Why are you so stubborn and still want to hang out with me?” I whispered and then decided to bring my laptop to the living room. I put it on the table and sat on the floor with Ckay sleeping beside me.

I started to write my new story. I kept writing and writing until I noticed that Ckay kept moving in his sleep.

My eyes landed on his feet and I quickly got up to take a blanket and placed on top of him, and sat back on the ground and continued to write.

After a couple of hours of writing, my eyes landed on my books on the shelf. I got up and walked towards it. Isn’t it weird? I'm a romance book writer, yet I don’t believe in love. I brought all my books to the table and opened my first book. I had a photo of my mom and I there— I looked at it smiling. I miss her so much.

I put the photo aside and my eyes landed on Ckay. He was changing position and his right arm currently floating and it doesn’t look comfortable. I got up and slowly put his arm beside his body. He grabbed my hand and that scared me.
He eventually let me go and I sat back in my previous position.
I kept writing and writing until I fell asleep there.

“Wakey wakey,” I opened my eyes slowly and found myself sleeping on my bed. I turned to see Nelo opening the curtains for me.

“Wake up.. I brought you breakfast, let’s eat!” She said and I nodded. I rubbed my eyes and slowly walked out of my room.

“Did Ckay….,” Before I could finish, I saw Ckay sitting at the dining table eating.

“Ckay is still here,” Nelo announced and I walked towards the dining table and sat right in front of Ckay.

Nelo put a plate full of noodles and fried egg. She gave me my favorite cheese bread too.

“Did you carry me to my bed?” I asked Ckay.

“You were sleeping on the floor and please don’t give me a lecture on how you h@te when people carry you while you’re asleep..,”

“Thanks,” I cut him and he looked at me speechless.

“I am a b!tch but sometimes I have a heart,” I said and he continued to eat.

“So…what’s your plan for today? The both of you?” Nelo asked.

“I’m staying at home,” I answered.

“I’m going to work,” Ckay answered.

“Ada, how about you go shopping with me and then we could go to the Spa together?” Nelo said smiling at me and I shook my head.

“I have a lot of things to do…,” I said.

“You and I are going to have dinner tonight,” Ckay said and I turned to him glaring.

“No. I’m already sick of seeing you in two days,” I hissed coldly.

“Adannaya,” Nelo warned.

“I'll pick you up at 7 and dress nicely,” he said as he finished his food. He got up and do his own dishes.

I turned to Nelo and she gave me a teasing look. I rolled my eyes at her and started to eat.

“I'll see you tonight and thank you for the breakfast, Nelo,” Ckay said.

“You are welcome,” Nelo said and Ckay walked out of my apartment.

“He's just the sweetest,” Nelo squealed as the sat in front of me.

“He's the worst.”

“Oh come on, he’s really a nice guy. It’s okay to let your guard down on him,” Nelo said and I shook my head.

“Don’t start, Nelo.” I looked at her coldly.

“Do you have any dress for tonight?”

“I have.”

“You have to show your sexy curves, Ada. Have fun a little bit… maybe you can get laid tonight,” She smirked.

“You are acting just like my brother.”

“I mean … I’m his wife,” she said as she put her hand on her chest smirking.

“You know… Ckay is really a good guy. Have you ever…,”

“No.”

“I’m not done talking.”

“But I know what you’re going to say, Nelo,” I said as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

“He's not hard and besides he wants to be your friend. He’s single and you’re single.”

“No,” I hissed coldly.

“Fine,” she looked at me bored.

“Let me ask you something. Do you really don’t feel bad for Ckay? He has done so many things for you and all you do is push him away and be mean to him. I know you don’t want to be attached to him or maybe want him to know your life but this is too much. He has done things that no one does. Can you at least be nice to him once in a while?”

“No,” I answered and she looked at the clock.

“I have to go… I’ll see you tomorrow and please, wear something nice tonight,” she begged and I gestured for her to go.

She walked towards the door but before she left..

“Ada,” she called me.

“What?”

“I know you still have a heart deep inside there. Stop hiding it from the world because you have a really beautiful heart, to begin with,” she said and left.

~ Ckay’s POV ~

I leaned my body to my car waiting for Ada to come down. My thoughts were on Paul’s words this morning after I told him that I can’t give up on Ada just yet. He warned me that I could drain myself in the future. We have an important project in two weeks and he wanted me to focus instead of worrying about Ada.

“So, are you going to stand here all night long?” I looked up to see Ada… shit! My eyes were glued to her and I stood up straight immediately.

“Where are we going?” she asked and I just gestured her to get inside. She got in and when I walked towards the driver's side, I blinked a few times to make sure it was real. I got inside the car and looked at me confused and she even clapped her hands in front of me.

“Are you okay?” she asked and I raised my eyebrows.

“No… are you okay?” I asked her back.

“What?”

“You seem… nice,” I said in a careful tone.

“Just drive… where are we going?” she asked and I started the car.

“One of my favorite restaurants,” I answered.

“Is it your birthday or is today special?”

“Nope. Just want to cheer you up.” I simply said and I started to drive. I turned on my mp3 and they played Ed Sheeran's song.

“I h@te this song,” Ada commented.

“Well, I love this song,” I said and started to sing along.

“He's a slave of love,” Ada commented and I chuckled.

“He's and he’s happy. So, that’s why he can make this kind of song,” I said.

“Do you believe in love? I think you will be a slave to it one day.” Ada said and I stopped my car when I saw a red light. I turned to her and nodded.

“I believe in love. I’ve been trying to find one for a long time but I guess it's still not my luck.”

“You’ll find her,” she said and that really surprised me to hear that from her.
“Do you think so?” I asked as I looked at her face. She looked really beautiful tonight and I can’t deny that.

She wore a short white dress showing her cleavage with a black leather jacket. She has her hair half up too.
I kept driving towards the restaurant with so many thoughts inside my head. This is why I h@te talking to Paul. Sometimes he predicts things perfectly.

“Ckay.”

“Hmm?” I answered as I tried to park my car.

“What will you do after our 12 weeks end?” she asked and I turned to her immediately.

She was looking at me with an unreadable expression.

“What will I do? I don’t know… maybe live my life like usual. We'll still be hanging out like usual.” I answered as I finished parking my car.

“Okay,” She said, and then I opened the car door. I got out and waited for her to get out. I locked the car and walked towards the stairs. We got to the rooftop.

The restaurant was really a special place for me. I eat there every of my birthday with my family. It brings a lot of memories else other than my family.

“Ckay, what a surprise. It’s been a long time since you’ve come here. Is that your girlfriend?” Ken asked.

Ken was one of the managers here and he happened to wait on the stairs.
“Hey, Ken. Yes, it’s been a long time. This is my friend, Ada. Ada, this is Ken. He’s one of the managers here. I introduced and Ada smiled politely.

“Enjoy…,” Ken said before walking back.

I walked towards the entrance and gave my name to the staff so she could lead us to our table. I booked a table near the balcony, so we could see the beautiful scenery of Calabar.

“You okay?” I asked Ada as we walked inside. She kept looking around and I wanted to make sure that she feels comfortable. We sat down and her eyes glued on the beautiful view.

“You often come here?” she asked.

“Every birthday with my family.”

“Here is the menu, sir and ma'am,” the waiter came and gave us the menu. We both looked at each other and I always went for the coconut rice and not to forget, the wine too. I ordered first and Ada ended up ordering the same thing as mine.

“This view is really beautiful,” she said and I couldn’t agree less.

“Thank you for bringing me here.”

I turned to her and she smiled genuinely at me. I really didn’t expect her to be nice to me tonight but I was so glad that she said that. I rested my head on my hand intertwining together, looking at her.

“You look really beautiful, tonight, Ada,” I said.

“Thank you,” she smiled again, and that second…I heard my heart beating faster than usual. I leaned back in my seat and turned my attention to the people dancing in the middle of the room.

“Do you want to dance?” I turned to Ada and she raised her eyebrows looking at me. She took off her leather jacket and waited for my answer.

“Yeah. Sure.”

Ada and I walked towards the dance floor.

To be continued…
©️ Frank The Writer

Please, Like and Comment.
Don’t be a ghost reader

3 Likes

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Graminyte9(m): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
Keep up with the updates...
My popcorn and drink is going down alr...

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
Graminyte9:
Keep up with the updates...
My popcorn and drink is going down alr...

wink Keep my popcorn too

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Ann2012(f): 6:12am On Aug 24, 2023
Following

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2023
Ann2012:
Following

Okay. Noted
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by vicbros75: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
Omo frank the writer you are bursting my brains ooo with this story.look at how you re dropping the story bit by bit and be killing me with suspense.if that I was staying with you, you would have finished this story cos I will add pressure oo the story is too sweet and captivating.you are really doing wonders.nice work bro👍

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by exseJ: 3:46am On Aug 26, 2023
Thanks for the story...can you break it into sections so we don't have to scroll and scroll.

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2023
vicbros75:
Omo frank the writer you are bursting my brains ooo with this story.look at how you re dropping the story bit by bit and be killing me with suspense.if that I was staying with you, you would have finished this story cos I will add pressure oo the story is too sweet and captivating.you are really doing wonders.nice work bro👍

Lol... Thank you
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2023
exseJ:
Thanks for the story...can you break it into sections so we don't have to scroll and scroll.

You mean I should make it shorter?
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2023
Episode 13

~ Clay’s POV ~

Ada and I walked towards the dance floor and when we arrived there, we stood facing each other. I put my hand in front of her right hand and she took it. She put her right hand on my left hand. I slowly slipped my arm to her waist and she put her other hand on my chest.

We looked at each other and she started the first step.

“I was going back from school when I found out that my mom passed away,” she started and I was expecting that she will try to open up to me.

“My brother called me to come to the hospital quickly and of course, I rushed to the hospital as quickly as I could,” she started to choke a little bit.

“When I got there…she was already dead.”

“I’m sorry,” I said and she sighed.

“I wasn’t ready to let her go at that time. She was supposed to send me off to London to pursue my degree but I was the one who sent her off.”

I patted her back lightly and she closed her eyes trying to hold back her tears.

“My life has changed ever since. She promised a lot of things but she couldn’t even keep it. That was my breakdown point.”

Silence.

“I started to shut people out of my life because I don’t want to experience the same loss again. It’s like suddenly I h@ted everyone. I locked myself in my room for two weeks crying non-stop hoping that my mom would come back but she didn’t.”

“When she was gone, I felt like half of my soul went away with her. I thought about committing suicide a few times but I always failed,” My heart crunched hearing that.

“My Dad and brother were so concerned about me. They always try to be there 24 hours but that didn’t make me any better. I still miss my mom and I still can’t accept that she’s not there anymore,” she said choking a few times but she managed not to cry.

She’s really a strong girl and I knew that.

“It’s okay to cry, it’s okay to be m@d, and it’s okay to be lonely sometimes but it’s been 7 years, Ada. Don’t you want to move on?” I asked and she looked up at me.

“I…I don’t want people to come and go in my life. I can’t handle that,” she said truthfully.

“I won’t. I won't go away from your life,” I said and she laughed dryly.

“As much as I want to believe that… I can’t,” she said and let my hands go.

She was going to go back but I stopped her. I took out her necklace that I kept all this time. She gasped looking at it and I put it on her neck. She looked at it and I smiled.

“Your mom must be so happy and proud to have a daughter like you. You’re beautiful, smart, and kind at heart even though sometimes you’re cold like ice. She knows how you feel inside and out and she’s still here in your heart,” I said as I pointed at her heart.

“Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting about your mom or erasing her from your memory. Moving on means moving forward with that memory, but with a new start. I don’t know the old Ada but I know she’s still there. You deserve to be happy, Ada. I might not guarantee that the world will always give you a beautiful road but you have people who love and will always have your back.” I said sincerely and she looked up to me.

“Your brother and your Dad always want you to change and get the happiness that you deserve. They love you so much that they want what’s best for you.”

“How about you?” she asked and I smiled.

“Would I be standing here in front of you still being patient if I don’t want you to be happy?” I asked and she chuckled.

It was the first time after meeting her that she gave me a big smile… a genuine smile.

“Are you sure that you’re going to give this to me? I might run away and not see you again after this.”

“I bet you can do that but I know you’re more than that, Ada.”

“Thanks for giving me this back. It means a lot,” she said and I saw that the waiter already brought us our food.

“Let’s eat,” I said as I put my hand in front of her. She took it and we walked to the table back together.

“Will I get the cold Ada again tomorrow?” I asked jokingly and she glared at me.

“Shit…okay. I was joking,” I said and she smiled in a split second.

“Nelo told me to be nice to you.”

“Wow… I think I need to thank Nelo next time,” I said.

“I have a question …,” I said remembering about the night that we met.

“On the day that we met, why did you come with your brother's check?” I asked and she raised her eyebrows before taking her knife and fork.

“How did you know?”

“I asked the bartender about you since you didn’t want to give me your name."

"My brother. He gave me that check to have fun since it was my birthday,” she said as she began to eat.

“Wow.. what a good brother,” I said sarcastically.

“He kinda is.. he asked me to get laid. My brother is silly and weird.”

“And you really did.”

“All thanks to you,” she smiled and I looked at her flatly.

“You’re welcome,” I said in a sarcastic tone.

~ Adannaya's POV ~

I was looking at the view when Ckay put his jacket on me. I left my jacket on the chair when he said he was going to show me the best view from the restaurant. He was rght, it’s beautiful and I couldn’t take my eyes away from it.

“Do you have any schedule tomorrow?” Ckay asked.

“No, why?”

“Wanna have lunch tomorrow?”

“Sure,” I answered.

“Now, I can’t stop thinking whether you’ll stay like this or be cold to me again.” He said in a careful tone and I smiled.

“You’ll see.”

“You know, I’m a guy who loves to plan my life. Like when will I get married or like when should I start to buy my own house. .. but I learned that planning my life isn’t that fun anymore. I just let it go with the flow.”

“Getting married huh?”

“Yeah. I want to get married, have kids, and travel the world with them.”

“Usually, men are not interested to settle down, what makes you want that?”

“My parents have always been my role model ever since I was a kid. They really show me how love can make you the happiest person in the world.”

“I see,” I nodded and he suddenly turned to me.

“How about you? Ever think about getting married?” he asked and I shook my head right away.

“No, I don’t think I’m capable of love either. I just don’t trust love even though I do need someone in my life because I always depend on someone at some point.”

“Well… I think I should.”

“Not that easy…besides getting married to someone means you have to be so so so in love with that person and then commit to it.” I sighed and turned my body fully to him.

“You will get someone one day because you really deserve it. I mean you can’t handle a girl like me at some point. So, you will get your girl,” I said as I patted his arm lightly and walked inside.

I took off Ckay's jacket and put it on his chair. I sat down again and drank my wine. My eyes landed on Ckay who was still standing on the balcony staring blankly at the view. I wonder what’s on his mind because he kept standing there for quite some time now.

Earlier…I decided to let my guard down for the first time and it’s not bad. Being the real Ada wasn’t that bad and opening up myself to Ckay was one of the biggest decisions that I’ve ever made.

Nine weeks left and I wish I can fast-forward time or go to the future to see what will happen to us both. I mean separation is indeed on the calendar, but how will I react to that?

Dealing with separation will crush me but somehow I want to live in this moment because he’s the first person in 7 years that really tried so hard to reach me. He came with a motive just to change me even though we started with a one-night stand.

“What are you thinking about?” Ckay pooped my bubbles of thoughts.

“Nothing…what about you? You were standing there for quite some time,” I asked.

“Nothing…just work.”

“Architect huh? Do you love your job?” I asked.

“Yeah, it’s always been my dream to design houses.”

“Why?”

“When I was little, my parents used to drop me at my uncle’s place. He’s an architect and his house is just fantastic. He always made me sit beside him when he’s drawing,” he chuckled as he looked at the candle in front of him.

“Not only that. After the house is done, he always brought me to see his real-life design. It was amazing and I wanted to be like him.”

“That’s amazing.”

“Yeah, here I am living my dreams,” I nodded and I sipped my wine.

“How about you? Living your life as an editor. I saw Ifenkili's books on your shelf the other day,” he said and I choked.

“Huh?” I asked and he gave me some tissues.

“Thanks,” I said and he looked at me waiting for my answer.

“Editor is fun. Reading people’s stories, it’s just amazing,” I said completely lying.

“Have you ever tried to write a book?” He asked and I shook my head.

“No, I don’t like it, how can I write a book?”

“Maybe you can, who knows…,” he smirked and I shook my head again. I took a really deep breath and let it out.

“What’s the old Ada like?” He suddenly asked and I turned to him completely surprised.

“Old Ada?”

“Before you changed into this cold...rude Ada,” he said and I glared at him coldly. I crossed my arms in front of my chest looking at him in disbelief.

“Why so curious?”

“Because I want to see that Ada.” That melted my heart. I don’t know why and I don’t really like it.

“I can’t even remember, that was 7 years ago,” I said honestly.

“Do you miss her?”

“Not really because people always use me for it.”

“Because you’re so kind, caring, and…,”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay, fine.” He raised his hands letting me slip away from the topic.

“Should.. should we go home?” I asked because I was feeling tired already and showing Ckay this side of me made me a little uncomfortable and a little worried. I just want to be alone right now.

I got up from my seat and before I could fully stand up, someone called my name.

“Adannaya?” I turned my head to see Fred Emmanuel.

“Hey! How are you?”

Before Fred could hug me, Ckay pushed him a few steps away from me.
“What the h*ll!” Fred pushed Ckay’s hand away and glared at him.

“It’s okay, Ckay,” I said and Ckay turned to me raising his eyebrows.

“Who are you?” Ckay asked him in a really cold tone.

“I’m her friend.”

“Friend?” Ckay turned to me.

“High school friend,” I said to Ckay.

“How are you, Ada? It’s been eight years, I think,” Fred said as he tried to walk closer to me but I walked backward as he walked closer.

“Can I get a hug at least?” Fred asked and I nodded lightly. He gave me a tight hug and I felt a little uncomfortable. I saw Ckay looking at me coldly and he walked towards the cashier to pay for the meal.

“Okay.. uhmm, I need to go,” I said as I pushed Fred away.

“But we…,” Before he could finish his sentence, I quickly walked out of the restaurant. I looked around and he was nowhere to be found.

“Wow.. he got a hug,” he said sarcastically and I turned to see Ckay walking towards me with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“He’s my high school friend.”

“But he said he hadn’t seen you in eight years.. which means…,”

“Can you stop giving me that sarcastic tone? You’re treating me like you caught your girlfriend cheating.”

“Because it seems like it!” he hissed and I rolled my eyes.

To be continued...
Frank The Writer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3957 Free E-novels(limited Time Offer) / Proverbs And Quotes / Looking For Professional Screenplay Writer Or Screenwriter Or Movie Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 420
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.