Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ (8890 Views)

25th Of December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2023
Candid2022:
Frank i must confess, you are one among the best currently on nairaland literature. Since i started following you, you haven't disappointed except Lagos to Abuja, i haven't seen any of your work which is abandorned.
Thanks man

Thank you.

That Lagos to Abuja...I tried completing it but each time I post the next episode, I get suspended.

I completed it on my Facebook page.
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2023
Posting the final episode now.

Do well to engage.
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 9:51am On Sep 24, 2023
Episode 25

Final —

~ Adannaya's POV ~

“Hey, you will do great,” Ckay smiled at me and I nodded nervously. It was less than a minute before the MC would call me out. Ckay kissed me on my cheek and at the same time, the MC called me to go on stage.

“Good luck honey,” Ckay said and I nodded. I walked to the stage and my eyes widened to see a lot of people coming. I smiled widely and waved my hands to them. I turned on the mic and the MC asked me to sit down.

“Good afternoon everyone,” I greeted them and they all cheered for me. I was so touched and so happy. I was so glad that I decided to do this. My Dad, my bro, Nelo, and Ckay’s parents came too and they were also supportive towards me.

“Please, introduce yourself,” the MC said smiling at me and she gestured to me to see the audience.

“Hello everyone, I'm Adannaya Ndoma and I’ve been using Ifenkili as a secret name all this time, so I hope you guys are not m@d about it,” I said.

“So today is the day when you publish your newest book and it's called The Untold Story.”

“Can you tell us briefly what it is about,” the MC asked and I smiled nodding.

“Well, I don’t want to spoil anything but it’s based on my own love life. I wrote this book for my boyfriend, Ckay just to thank him for everything,” I said and turned to Ckay standing beside my Dad. He smiled widely at me and I turned to the audience again nervously.

“I actually have a little short story for you guys. This is out of the script but I just want you guys to know a little background story about me,” I said nervously but I quickly got it together.

“For years, I’ve been writing a lot of love stories but I’ve never believed in one. I always think that people will come into your life and then leave you one day. I shut myself up ever since my mom passed away, and that’s not good. I used to only have my Dad, my brother, and his wife because I was so afraid to open up to people knowing that one day they will leave me.”

“One day I met my boyfriend, Ckay and he happened to be my dad’s friend. So he changed me. He tried to understand me, he gave me hope that not everyone will. He gave me the understanding of what love is and he helped me get over the trauma and the fear that I have in life. I just want to give the credit to my boyfriend and that’s why I decided to do this because I know some of you have the same thoughts as me, but you try to make yourself think differently by reading love stories or maybe watching a lot of love stories hoping that maybe one day you will understand, but trust me, one day, that person will come. One day you will find someone that will understand you and love you just the way you are,” I said and I cried a bit.

They quickly gave me some tissues and I laughed it off.

“Sorry, I used to have a rough life, and looking back to it was just emotional,” I said chuckling as I wiped my tears. I heard someone from the crowd saying it was okay and all of them tried to comfort me too. I turned to Ckay and he gave me a thumbs up.

“We can go back on track,” I turned to the MC and she smiled nodding.

“Moving on to the next question. What inspires you to make the previous book and who is your favorite character?”

“Well, I got inspired by my parent's love stories,” I turned to my Dad and he smiled widely.

“Ever since my mum passed away, everything changed. I started to write my book just to remember all the beautiful things that my mum taught me about my favorite character. I can’t choose, but in every female main character, you can see some part of me in them. They really resembled me in a lot of ways. Now, for the men, I love the newest character from this new book. I bet you all will love him too,” I answered.

“Adannaya, do you mind answering some of your fan's questions? You can pick anyone in the room who wishes to ask you a question,” the MC said.

“Of course, I can answer 10 questions about anything,” I said and they all cheered. They started to raise their hands and I picked one.

“You said you never believed in love. How come you make all these beautiful stories? I love you,” she asked and I chuckled.

“I love you, too. Some part of me wanted to believe it and some part of me wanted to experience what love is. I even spent lots of time in Starbucks just sitting there observing couples. I know that sounds like a creep but I was so jealous because people can experience love without even trying,” I answered, moving on to the next question.

“How did you and your boyfriend meet?”

“Oh boy,” I said nervously.

“It's rated R stuff,” Ckay answered causing them to turn to Ckay. I face-palmed myself and they laughed.

“We met at the bar and it’s rated R after that. We met again because he is my dad’s friend's son. I answered and continued until the last question,” I saw Ckay raising his hand and I looked at him suspiciously. I turned away ignoring him but the MC poked my shoulder.

“I think your boyfriend is trying to tell you something,” she said and I turned to Ckay. He indicated me to pick him and I looked at him shaking my head.

“Guys, is it okay if I ask her a question,” he asked loudly enough for everyone in the room to listen.

“Do you love me?” he asked and the whole room teased right away. I couldn’t help but want to kick him in the @ss.

“That’s a silly question but, yes, I love you,” I answered and they teased me again.

“My last question. Will You Marry Me?” That caught me off guard and I looked at him in disbelief. My Dad, my bro, Nelo, and Ckay's parents were cheering on me.”

“Say yes! Say yes! Say yes!” They all cheered and Ckay walked onto the stage.

I stood up and he held my hands for a second before he literally knelt in front of me. I was so shocked and I covered my mouth with my hands. He took out a small box and opened it. It was very a beautiful diamond ring, and he smiled looking at me. He held my hand and my eyebrows started to fill with tears.

“Adannaya, I can’t believe that you love me but I love you so much. Ever since we got together, I see my future with you and I wanna do this seriously. I know I’m still not perfect for you, but trust me I’m working on it. I will not take no for an answer, babe So, will you marry me?” he asked and I was laughing and crying at the same time.

“Yes! Yes!” I said and hugged him immediately. I kissed him and he pulled the ring into my finger.

“Next book will be about our kids,” he smirked and I smacked his arm.

“I love you,” he said and I looked at him glaring. He wiped my tears and I smiled big time.

“I love you, too.”

~ Ckay's POV ~

“I do,” I said in front of the mirror

“I do,” I said again.

“I do,” again for the 150 times or maybe more.

“Yes, I do I practiced again.

“I Ckay Okafor accept Adannaya Ndoma to be..,”

“Honey, you’ve been practicing that all day long.” Ada walked into the bathroom and I looked at her flatly.

“I’m practicing, so I won’t be nervous tomorrow,” I said and Ada slipped her hands around my hips from the back.

“You are cute,” she said as she smiled at me through the mirror.

“I do,” I said, singing it and Ada left.

“You can tell me your vow,” she said and I shook my head.

“I have it all in my head and you will hear it tomorrow,” I said smirking at her. She pouted and she stood beside me. She linked her arm around me and she dragged me towards the bathroom door.

“Pretend to be my dad,” she said.

“I’m your dad,” I smirked and winked at her. She looked at me in disbelief and my face turned flat.

“Daddy in bed,” she said making me speechless.

“Daisy! Milo!” she called the dogs and I could hear the dogs running towards us. She pretended to sing the wedding march and we walked inside the bedroom together.

“Are you nervous?” I asked her.

“Yeah, so nervous that I put salt instead of sugar in my pancake, and then instead of taking the car keys to go to the publishing office, I brought my parent's house key. Not only that, I almost drank my birth control pills when I was supposed to drink my vitamins,” she said and I laughed.

“You are crazy, ” I said and she sighed.
I was that nervous,” she said and I hugged her. I kissed the top of her hand and hugged her tightly.

“Gosh, you are so adorable and I can’t wait to call you my wife,” I said and she pushed me away gently.

“Where are you going?” I asked and she walked out from the bedroom bringing the dogs with her.

“Baby,” I called her but I think she walked out completely. I took off my shirt because I was going to the office for a moment before leaving it for a week to go on a honeymoon. I was going to close the door when suddenly Ada stopped me along the way. She pushed me and she closed the door, locking it and preventing the dogs to enter the room. She bit her lip and she started to take her shirt off.

“Babe you know that once we are in that you can’t run away,” I warned her as she strip all of her clothes except her undies.

“Run away where?” she asked me and she jumped to me. I caught her and she kissed me right away.

“So tell me your vows. I want to hear it,” he said as she gave me kisses all over my face.

“That’s a secret. You have to hear it tomorrow,” I said chuckling and she crashed her lips to mine. I put her down and we both entered the shower together. She turned on the water and cold water hit us both

We were busy having a fun time in the bedroom until I heard my phone ringing. I was going to end this because I knew it from the office, but before I could go out of the shower Ada made me do another round. I couldn’t say no to my girl, right?

I left her face to take my phone and I saw it was Paul who called. I quickly called him back.

“Hey, where are you?”

“Sorry, I will be there in 20 minutes,” I said chuckling a little bit.

“Oh Don’t tell me that you are busy,” he hissed.

“Sorry dude, I’ll be officially taken tomorrow. So spare me,” I said.

“Get your ass here,” Ckay said and he ended the call. I laughed and threw my phone to the bed. I quickly dried myself and put on my clothes. I heard Ada coming out from the shower.

“Babe. I have to go. Paul is waiting,” I said aloud enough for her to hear it.

“Go. you already late,” she said and I walked out of our room taking the car keys. When I was about to go out of my apartment, I forgot my USB that I have to bring to the meeting. I walked back into the room and I heard Ada puking. I ran towards her quickly and found her sitting beside the toilet bowl. My eyes widened and I quickly ran to her.

“Are you okay?” I asked and she looked at me surprised.

“I thought you were gone already, ” she said.

“What? Are you okay? I asked as I took out my phone from my pocket but she stopped me.

“Ada.” I turned to her and she smiled.

“I’m fine.”

“You don’t look fine. You look pale,” I said as I helped her to stand up.

“Babe you need to tell me…are you Okay?” I asked as I looked at her and she nodded.

“I’m really fine.”

“I’ll call Paul to cancel the meeting. Let me take you to the hospital,” I said but Ada took my phone away.

“Hey!”

“I’m fine, Ckay,” she said as she took my hand pulling me out from the bathroom. She dragged me towards her vanity. She opened the drawer and my eyes widened. Five pregnancy tests were confirming that she was positively pregnant. I turned to her and she nodded.

“You are pregnant?” I asked.

“Yeah, I was going to tell you tomorrow but you caught me,” she said and I hugged her tightly.

“Oh, my God! I’m going to be a Dad,” I said as I picked her up bridal style. I was so happy and carefully put her on the bed.

“How many weeks?” I asked.

“Six weeks. I just found out two days ago and I was planning to tell you on our wedding day.”

“Oh, baby! You should have told me sooner. I’m so happy,” I hugged her and kissed her.

“Well, now you know.”

“Wow, I’m so happy,” I said as I looked down at her belly.

“Little Ckay is in here,” she said and I smiled happily looking at her.

“I can’t wait,” I said and my phone rang. It was Paul again.

“You better get going babe or he will come here and drag you, ” she said and I nodded.

“I will be quick. I will make sure to come back soon,” I said and gave a peck on her lips.

“You are pregnant,” I said as I got up and she nodded. I walked towards the door and turned to her.

“You are pregggggggnant!”

“Yes, honey. I’m pregggggggnant. You can now go."

We laughed.

Epilogue

~ Adannaya's POV ~

“Are you ready for my vows?” Ckay said and I looked at him suspiciously. I nodded and turned to the priest nervously because I was so afraid that Ckay will say something silly.

“Honey…babe…my love. My beautiful lovely Ada. We met in a really crazy way at first. I don’t need to tell the details to all of the people in the church, especially in front of Jesus,” he said and everyone laughed. I face palmed myself completely embarrassed.

“We started our relationship roughly and then I started to fall for you each day, even though you were damn cold and acted like I was a deadly virus. After that, we started to share our journey together through ups and down. At last, I got you on my palm,” he smirked and I chuckled looking at his expression.
“I love you, honey. Baby Boo, I will love you till I die.

“I love you to death, Adannaya. I will love you always. Through all ups and downs in life. Thick and thin, rich or poor, and everything that tries to get in our way. I will always love you,” he said and he turned to the priest signaling that he is done with his vows. I couldn’t believe that he just did that. The priest turned to me to give me a cue that it was my turn to say my vows now.

“Ckay, you came into my life completely unexpected. I thought I didn’t need anyone to come into my life because I was so afraid that they will leave. I was heartbroken and fragile and I was not ready to be in a relationship with someone even after seven years. I was still grieving for my mom. I missed her and I thought I would stay alone with my Dad, my brother, and my sister-in-law forever, but God had another plan for me,” I said as I looked at Ckay seriously and he smiled while rubbing my hands trying to calm me down because tears filled my eyes already.

“Thank you for fighting for me, for being there for me, for bringing out the best in me, and for everything that you've done for me. Thank you for making me believe in love and understand what love is. I love you so much. I will always love you and our baby internally, and I promise you that I will make you happy forever till the last second of my breath.”

Tears trickled my eyes and Nelo gave me a tissue right away. I chuckled a bit and I patted my tears gently.

“I love you and I don’t care if pigs can fly or maybe aliens invading this world. I will always love you, Ckay.” I ended my vows and he hugged me briefly. He smiled at me and tried to wipe my tears.

“Well, now, I pronounce you both husband and wife. You may kiss the bride,” the priest said and Ckay kissed me that second. I was happy.. More than happy. I couldn’t wait to have a forever life with Ckay by my side and the future baby in my stomach. I love them both forever.

End —

If you enjoyed this story, Comment and Share🙏❤

What do you make of this story? Let me read your thoughts in the comment section.

New story coming soon.

Facebook: Frank The Writer
Twitter: Frank The Writer
IG: frankwriter1
WhatsApp: 09076691342

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Shomek(m): 11:14am On Sep 24, 2023
Nice thanks for the story

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by hotswagg12: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
What a master piece. Thanks bro and am looking forward to your next works.

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
Shomek:
Nice thanks for the story

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
hotswagg12:
What a master piece. Thanks bro and am looking forward to your next works.

Gracias

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2023
Chai! This one sweet me. Well done dear 👍

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 7:07am On Sep 25, 2023
Pinkdimples:
Chai! This one sweet me. Well done dear 👍

Daalu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Mhizzard(m): 8:40am On Sep 25, 2023
I don't even know the words to discribe the oil wey dey your head

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 10:33am On Sep 25, 2023
Mhizzard:
I don't even know the words to discribe the oil wey dey your head

grin

I don't even know how to thank you for engaging.😂😂

Garcias
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Mhizzard(m): 11:03am On Sep 25, 2023
[quote author=frankwriter post=126006653]
grin
I don't even know how to thank you for engaging.
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Mhizzard(m): 11:11am On Sep 25, 2023
[quote author=frankwriter post=126006653]
grin
I don't even know how to thank you for engaging.
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by vicbros75: 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2023
God bless you for this master piece.u are indeed a great writer.i appreciate the time and effort u spent on this piece of art.u really elevated so many minds nd given them hope that their is still a special one out there to give them their forever happiness and love. Kudos to you brother

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2023
vicbros75:
God bless you for this master piece.u are indeed a great writer.i appreciate the time and effort u spent on this piece of art.u really elevated so many minds nd given them hope that their is still a special one out there to give them their forever happiness and love. Kudos to you brother

My pleasure.

Thank you
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Candid2022: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2023
Better late than never comment. Frank thanks for this awesome story, looking forward for more

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 10:14am On Oct 02, 2023
Candid2022:
Better late than never comment.
Frank thanks for this awesome story, looking forward for more

Thank you for engaging
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Unbreakable26(f): 10:46am On Oct 03, 2023
Thanks so much boss man

You are da bomb

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
Unbreakable26:
Thanks so much boss man

You are da bomb

Gracias

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Sochee123: 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2023
The most beautiful piece I've read on nairaland in recent times. Thanks for this smiley

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2023
Sochee123:
The most beautiful piece I've read on nairaland in recent times. Thanks for this smiley

Thank you 👍
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Medancareers: 3:14pm On Oct 10, 2023
The word Master piece is accurate. Thank You Frank for bringing Romance at it heights to us. I liked every bit of it. You are doing well. Welldone

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2023
Medancareers:
The word Master piece is accurate. Thank You Frank for bringing Romance at it heights to us. I liked every bit of it. You are doing well. Welldone

Gracias

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award / The Next Voice You Hear... / TÉLLÀ ( A Paranormal Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.