Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired (28194 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by wiseone28: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
Too much grammar

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Olarewaju89: 9:52pm On Jul 28, 2023
post=124726423:
Is Following

To where

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Crafteck1: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
post=124726423:
Is Following

U de expect tragedy grin
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
GodWrites:
What's up with all these AI generated posts?
I wanted to clap for the OP but on a second look its the AI that deserve the ovation.

It's even hard to spot the difference but kudos to you for thos keen eyes of yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by NaijaCover(m): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
Olarewaju89:

To where

To know the latest update

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by LegallyBlunt: 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
A
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by tctrills: 10:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
Abeign:

I read this from start to finish.
This is one of classic examples of why money and relatives don't mix. It may seem like a good idea in the beginning but along the line, you'll start to realise how handicapped you actually are when it comes to enforcing rules and standards
My oga below are a list of a few family owed businesses. I guess you don't yet know the formula but family and business can be very successful if you know.
Walmart
Berkshire Hathaway
Schwarz Group
Cargill
Reliance Industries
Schaeffler Group
Roche Holding
LG Corporation
LVMH
ArcelorMittal
Tyson Foods
Mars Incorporated
L’Oréal

I can keep going but I am sure you get it.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by PaulH07: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2023
Abeign:

I read this from start to finish.
This is one of classic examples of why money and relatives don't mix. It may seem like a good idea in the beginning but along the line, you'll start to realise how handicapped you actually are when it comes to enforcing rules and standards

Only your children are the ones you have control over.

Na them you fit lash out on, and they'll still have your back.

Anyone else na zero.

"Love only your children, cos with them a mother has no choice"- Cersei Lannister

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by adefashe92(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
so sorry, it is village people at work....chuckles
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by AllenSpencer: 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2023
tctrills:

My oga below are a list of a few family owed businesses. I guess you don't yet know the formula but family and business can be very successful if you know.
Walmart
Berkshire Hathaway
Schwarz Group
Cargill
Reliance Industries
Schaeffler Group
Roche Holding
LG Corporation
LVMH
ArcelorMittal
Tyson Foods
Mars Incorporated
L’Oréal

Mention Nigerian businesses.
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Amayabor1: 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2023
You said nothing in this write up sha. Looks like an article gotten from a website.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Offpoint1: 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
Ishilove:

Oh... Really? How are you able to differentiate between human and AI posts?
Not that hard, you can always notice from the first line of sentence.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by tctrills: 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Mention Nigerian businesses.

Why? What's your point? Also, if I did the research at the international level, why can't you do the research at the Nigerian level.
Let's do it this way, I would give you 2 and you research for others ok.
No laziness.
1. Dantata
2. Ibru

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by nedekid: 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2023
post=124726423:
Is Following
Trust some bad news exclusively brought by is pending. grin
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by SalamRushdie: 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
WTF is family oriented entrepreneur? 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by toprealman: 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2023
dare56610:
As a family-oriented entrepreneur, I was excited about the prospect of starting a business with my relatives. We all shared a passion for the industry and believed that working together would strengthen both our family bonds and our business venture.

In the beginning, everything seemed promising. We communicated well, understood each other's strengths, and divided responsibilities accordingly. It felt like a dream come true, blending our personal and professional lives.

However, as time went on, we encountered unforeseen challenges. Disagreements on business decisions started to spill over into family gatherings, causing tension during what were once joyful moments. Emotions ran high, making it difficult to separate family dynamics from business discussions.

Furthermore, favoritism emerged unintentionally, creating a sense of inequality among non-family employees. This led to resentment and negatively affected the overall team morale.

As the business faced tough decisions, we found it challenging to objectively assess and implement necessary changes. Personal biases and loyalties clouded our judgment, hindering the growth and success of the company.

Through these experiences, we realized that merging family and business requires careful consideration and open communication. It is crucial to establish clear boundaries between personal relationships and professional responsibilities. Regular family meetings and defined roles can help address issues before they escalate.

By acknowledging these challenges and striving to strike a balance between family bonds and business goals, we found ways to navigate the complexities. Open dialogue, empathy, and a shared vision for both the family and the business were key to finding harmony and success.

Share your own stories of running a family business, the challenges you faced, and how you managed to find a harmonious balance between your family life and entrepreneurial pursuits. Let's learn from each other's experiences and build stronger, thriving family businesses together.
Documentation is important. Stick to your standard regardless of who is involved.
Knowing when to saying no can serve both parties. equally
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by toprealman: 11:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
tctrills:

Walmart
Berkshire Hathaway
Schwarz Group
Cargill
Reliance Industries
Schaeffler Group
Roche Holding
LG Corporation
LVMH
ArcelorMittal
Tyson Foods
Mars Incorporated
L’Oréal

All major grocery outlets in US, UK and EU

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by tctrills: 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
toprealman:

All major grocery outlets in US, UK and EU
Thanks. Also, look to the Indians and Asians in general. These duds are all about family business and they seem to own everything in US and UK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by AfonjaPriest: 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2023
Abeign:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
FaithS.H
First Bank

Red flag. Disclaimer. Persona non grata.
Faith is a serial criminal scammer and is here to promote his begging advert scam.
Faith, go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by NaijaCover(m): 12:28am On Jul 29, 2023
nedekid:

Trust some bad news exclusively brought by is pending. grin

See For Yourself @ https://www.nairaland.com/7782196/no-foul-play-generator-fumes
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by TolkowskyCut: 12:38am On Jul 29, 2023
tctrills:

Walmart
Berkshire Hathaway
Schwarz Group
Cargill
Reliance Industries
Schaeffler Group
Roche Holding
LG Corporation
LVMH
ArcelorMittal
Tyson Foods
Mars Incorporated
L’Oréal

99% of the companies you listed are either American or European family owned businesses. I challenge you to name just 5 family owned Nigeria businesses that are in their third generation now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by odutolu1(m): 1:00am On Jul 29, 2023
dare56610:
As a family-oriented entrepreneur, I was excited about the prospect of starting a business with my relatives. We all shared a passion for the industry and believed that working together would strengthen both our family bonds and our business venture.

In the beginning, everything seemed promising. We communicated well, understood each other's strengths, and divided responsibilities accordingly. It felt like a dream come true, blending our personal and professional lives.

However, as time went on, we encountered unforeseen challenges. Disagreements on business decisions started to spill over into family gatherings, causing tension during what were once joyful moments. Emotions ran high, making it difficult to separate family dynamics from business discussions.

Furthermore, favoritism emerged unintentionally, creating a sense of inequality among non-family employees. This led to resentment and negatively affected the overall team morale.

As the business faced tough decisions, we found it challenging to objectively assess and implement necessary changes. Personal biases and loyalties clouded our judgment, hindering the growth and success of the company.

Through these experiences, we realized that merging family and business requires careful consideration and open communication. It is crucial to establish clear boundaries between personal relationships and professional responsibilities. Regular family meetings and defined roles can help address issues before they escalate.

By acknowledging these challenges and striving to strike a balance between family bonds and business goals, we found ways to navigate the complexities. Open dialogue, empathy, and a shared vision for both the family and the business were key to finding harmony and success.

Share your own stories of running a family business, the challenges you faced, and how you managed to find a harmonious balance between your family life and entrepreneurial pursuits. Let's learn from each other's experiences and build stronger, thriving family businesses together.

Nice try

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Viruses: 3:52am On Jul 29, 2023
Ishilove:

There is nothing personal about the post except the alphabet "I", because of that, there was no lesson to learn. This is typical of AI.

Think about it, what lesson did you learn from the post?

Starting business with my relatives: is it brothers, sisters, cousins etc?

Passion for the industry: what industry?

Everything seemed promising: what was promising? revenue, growth?

Unforseen challenges: now that the challenges have been seen, what are they?

The business faced tough decisions: what decisions?

Finally, the writeup appeared effortlessly excellent without errors both in the use of words, grammar and punctuations. This is not typical of humans especially as it is not an official writeup.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by campbelljosh(m): 3:54am On Jul 29, 2023
Mixing family with business can be disastrous sha... De United foods makers of indomie is actually a family business, i am sure only a few knows about this. How did they survive? They never get involved in the day to day running of the business and each person knows his or her profit sharing formula backed by the law. Each family members are shareholders, the higher your number of share the bigger your dividend, that if a shareholder dies the shares are transferred to either his or her children without chaos. Africans need to learn how not to mix business with emotions

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Originalsly: 4:15am On Jul 29, 2023
George2164:

Is amazing to speak polished English, am still yet to comprehend the meat of your message, especially what actually happened and how it was resolved. The purpose of what we do here is to learn from people's life experiences and probably take informed decisions about our life .

It's the reason GodWrites and NairaGPT claim it is written by AI.... all fluff but no substance.... stringing sentences that relate to the topic but without a resolution... a heart without a soul.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Mrbenny001: 4:27am On Jul 29, 2023
Family business is the best antidote to generational poverty and it's has potential to generate unending wealth...but things must be put right from the onset... Nigerian too dey do pepper body with too much jealousy

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by udemzyudex(m): 4:28am On Jul 29, 2023
GodWrites:
What's up with all these AI generated posts?

Lol.. the writing style just make me weak,haba too formal for a personal story.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by henrimoto(m): 4:42am On Jul 29, 2023
Ishilove:

...The lack of human touch. Emotions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by BALLOSKI: 5:05am On Jul 29, 2023
exstreve:
I know there are some differences between families which can be caused by so many reasons. But one thing I can confidently say is that, in this world, there can never ever be any reason(s) why my family will ever have a major issue. Maybe I've not seen, maybe it'll happen, but currently I don't see any.
don't be too confident. Pray it doesn't happen.
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by SaLongs1(m): 5:36am On Jul 29, 2023
So make we no do business with our families abi wetin this one dey talk?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by MarketDispatch: 5:41am On Jul 29, 2023
NairaGPT:
WRITTEN BY AI

m.

Change Girlfriend to Wife...and story is similar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"My Wife Is Very Dirty, Everywhere In The House Smells" – Man Tells Court / 10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / Things Every Female In Her 20’s Should Know (MUST READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.