Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! (1934 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by swagdude(m): 5:19am On Oct 08, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] Greetings to you all. I have been in SOUTH AFRICA now for the past 5 years and i must say that things have really been good and rossy. Unfortunately,recently i felt it is BETA to come back home as i am 30 years old already. There are various issues that made me make up my mind. In south africa,we have such a bad name as nigerians that it's beginning to affect me as well. I can't beyond a certain limit which gives me a concern. GOD HAS BEEN REALLY GOOD TO ME,But there has to be more to LIFE than just living,paying bills and getting broke again only to work hard again and raise more money. I am into music,i produce and i package media contents. I need help,i know the island is kinda safe to stay in BUT expensive also. where on the mainland can one stay and be safe without spending so much on accomodation? where can one get a car cheaper? Please help? thanks
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by hugooh42(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2011
It all depends on many things which include 1.Have you been able to save enough money .If yes how much.
2.The business you plan to set up in Nigeria ,how viable is it in Nigeria.
Remember coming back to Nigeria after five years of sojourn abroad the Nigeria society with mock you if you are not seen as being succesful.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by jidewin(m): 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2011
@poster,not a bad idea if you want to come home but read my candid advise:
1. try and have an extension of your biz down here in Naija, anywhere your choice is,just be good at what you know and do.
2. My beloved country is d kinda place you can easily evade tax, ask the so called foreign investors how they hide their companies inside residential estates at V/Island and surburbs.
3.Do not make the mistake of divesting ALLl your savings into your proposed biz in naija,we have one of the most unstable and unprofitable economic policies in the world.If it seems its not working out fine,you will always have somewhere else to re-direct your focus and acumen at.Right now you can import anything into naija, but the cost of forex and customs duty, phewwwwwwwwwwwwww.
4.If your service can meet up with the demand in Nigeria (trust me there are too many wasted talents here who would jump at the least opps to perform outside Nigeria, even if in cotonou)i.e arrange shows, radio promos, DJ contest,etc, gradually you are set to start making waves too.
5. You must be directly (at first) in charge your BIZ here and not resting or trusting in one "COUSIN",FRIEND,MANAGER,RELATIVE, you will get burned.

Thats all bro.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by raphrinco: 11:30pm On Oct 08, 2011
my broda since you are into music please please rush to u .s .a please.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by swagdude(m): 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
Hmmmm, Thanks guys, i appreciate all of you, i like the HONESTY! i am always frequenting home though . some years i come 2 times,and some once, ANd yes,i know if you are not seen as successful,the society will laugh one to scorn BUT i do not care, i have been successful here and i became so bored,the ceiling became kinda sealed and one needed a change, i like the naija vibe a lot and naija is my country, I can not at this age be jumping from one country to another if you know what i mean? i am 30 years old now and cannot go spend another 5 to 6 years huzzling in another country, n 10 years time i will be 40 oooo! a fool @ 40 is really a fool for ever o. . . I BELIEVE GOD ABOVE ALL FACTS AND REASONS TO ESTABLISH ME BACK HOME! and when i make it,i will expose myself to you guys! AMEN! and we shall all remember that i said "I TRUST IN GOD" and yes,i am good at what i do! Cheers all! all other advices are welcomed o, cos i asked to be adviced. Regards!
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Podonasmit: 6:36am On Oct 10, 2011
Hello Swagdude,

How are you doing, i really understand your feeling, Home is the best solution for those tired living a strange life outside their home land. I am experiencing the same and i am working towards that path as you. I will like to ask you some questions if you don't mind, pls send me an email at omoba@hotmail.ca or you can add me to your msn with the same email id so we can chat.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by swagdude(m): 7:39am On Oct 10, 2011
hey! @omoba,i will send you an email, thank GOD i have people who really understands what it is like, Living abroad is not all that. Fine,it was good one lived abroad BUT when you get really really bored like me,no new thing,all you do is work,make money,spend it, WHAT ELSE? it is well, Sending you an email, Cheers Buddy!. . .
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by swagdude(m): 7:42am On Oct 10, 2011
hey! i tried emailing you but it failed, you can send me an email. pro.doxology@gmail.com, cheers!
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by justwise(m): 7:43am On Oct 10, 2011
Podonasmit:

Hello Swagdude,

How are you doing, i really understand your feeling, Home is the best solution for those tired living a strange life outside their home land. I am experiencing the same and i am working towards that path as you. I will like to ask you some questions if you don't mind, pls send me an email at omoba@hotmail.ca or you can add me to your msn with the same email id so we can chat.

You live abroad as well?
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by swagdude(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2011
@justwise,yes i do presently sir, for 5yrs+ and u?
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by justwise(m): 8:10am On Oct 10, 2011
swagdude:

Oh ok!! are u also Podonasmit?
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by swagdude(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2011
Quote from: swagdude on Today at 08:04:21 AM

@justwise,no, what sort of question is this? VERY FUNNY?, eish!!!
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by justwise(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2011
swagdude:

Quote from: swagdude on Today at 08:04:21 AM

@justwise,no, what sort of question is this? VERY FUNNY?, eish!!!

Check who my 1st question was directed to.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by collinsfbi(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2011

I think they are different posters,
Hello Swagdude,

So Podonasmit is far from the shore of naija with his lovely family and he's try to advice pple not to travel abroad in his thread created sometimes ago, lol. I thought as much, anyway returning home is a good decision but it must be planned carefully and executed gradually.

Gbammmmmmmm over and out
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by justwise(m): 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2011
collinsfbi:

I think they are different posters,
So Podonasmit is far from the shore of naija with his lovely family and he's try to advice pple not to travel abroad in his thread created sometimes ago, lol. I thought as much, anyway returning home is a good decision but it must be planned carefully and executed gradually.

Gbammmmmmmm over and out

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-766362.0.html
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by collinsfbi(m): 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2011

Yea! you are right. Initially, you know I was thinking he has returned home finally not knowing that my brother is still enjoying himself abroad. Anyway, all well and good but i will advise him to plan his home coming very carefully and i wish him the best of luck.

Gbammmmmmmmmm over and out
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Podonasmit: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2011
justwise:

You live abroad as well?
@ Justwise,

Yes i do and i am not denying my stand, However, i am more frequent to naija.
There is no better place like home
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Podonasmit: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2011
justwise:

@collinsfbi,

There is no deception in my thread, I never said i was home fully. However, i was recently in Nigeria for about 8 months to actualized my ultimate dream by fully returning home and that does not mean i will not travel out of Nigeria after my return. I am 100% in support of going back home and i will recommend that those that have seize to find pleasure outside the wall of Nigeria should return home and those longing to leave to reconsider.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Podonasmit: 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2011
swagdude:

hey! i tried emailing you but it failed, you can send me an email. pro.doxology@gmail.com, cheers!

@Swagdude,

Sorry the email was not the correct one, error on my part, I have added you to my gmail instead so we can chat. I will send you email shortly
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by collinsfbi(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2011
@collinsfbi,

There is no deception in my thread,  I never said i was home fully. However, i was recently in Nigeria for about 8 months to actualized my ultimate dream by fully returning home and that does not mean i will not travel out of Nigeria after my return. I am 100% in support of going back home and i will recommend that those that have seize to find pleasure outside the wall of Nigeria should return home and those longing to leave to reconsider.

I didn't talk abt anything deception and i didn't say you have returned home fully, i only said:
"Initially, you know I was thinking he has returned home finally"
I guess you misquoted me. One thing you have to note is that you can only drag a horse to the river bank, you cannot force its to drink thereof. It's your choice to return home and i pray you will find solace and peace in naija but do you know you cannot force your children to return with you? I have an uncle who planned to return home since 2002 but all his children refused to return with him having visited naija once and were all displeased with the situation and condition of naija, though all his children were given birth to in the UK and they are so much used to the life style over there. Do you know that this person later change his mind but visit naija often and spend more time in naija than UK because of his business and other related issues? It's a nice plan to return home after so much years abroad but what i was only against in your thread was the general believe that Nigerians should rather stay back instead of travelling abroad no matter the reasons for embarking on such journey.

Gbammmm over and out
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Podonasmit: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2011
collinsfbi:

I didn't talk abt anything deception and i didn't say you have returned home fully, i only said: I guess you misquoted me. One thing you have to note is that you can only drag a horse to the river bank, you cannot force its to drink thereof. It's your choice to return home and i pray you will find solace and peace in naija but do you know you cannot force your children to return with you? I have an uncle who planned to return home since 2002 but all his children refused to return with him having visited naija once and were all displeased with the situation and condition of naija, though all his children were given birth to in the UK and they are so much used to the life style over there. Do you know that this person later change his mind but visit naija often and spend more time in naija than UK because of his business and other related issues? It's a nice plan to return home after so much years abroad but what i was only against in your thread was the general believe that Nigerians should rather stay back instead of travelling abroad no matter the reasons for embarking on such journey.

Gbammmm over and out

There is no cause for alarm. Its very difficult with extended family to return to naija, no doubt. That area of your concern needs clarity: what i meant is, If we have a good country, perhaps i will talk less to make a conviction that Nigeria is home and should be home to all. How many Americans, Britons, Germans and other western countries citizens crave desperately to leave their country, Very few except for business or persecution . If you are going with the intent of coming back to Nigeria yes its good, But the desperation of leaving because of believing that naija can never be a good place or there is no greener pasture should be address collectively by creating jobs for ourselves and doing more as a citizen than the government.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by collinsfbi(m): 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2011
There is no cause for alarm. Its very difficult with extended family to return to naija, no doubt. That area of your concern needs clarity: what i meant is, If we have a good country, perhaps i will talk less to make a conviction that Nigeria is home and should be home to all. How many Americans, Britons, Germans and other western countries citizens crave desperately to leave their country, Very few except for business or persecution . If you are going with the intent of coming back to Nigeria yes its good, But the desperation of leaving because of believing that naija can never be a good place or there is no greener pasture should be address collectively by creating jobs for ourselves and doing more as a citizen than the government.

Your point is well understood but wasn't really expressed in simple form like this, I know where you are coming from and i know where you are going. I understand many do not have any genuine reason for travelling, many believe going abroad is a surety for making it in life, while many believe naija cannot be a better place and that is why many fall victims to cheap scam all over the country. If you will agree with me that the present problem of Nigeria today is not the fault of one person but a collective one because in one way or the other we are responsible for one thing or the other either individually or collectively. In a situation like this only one man cannot right the wrong of Nigeria. I wonder why everybody is shouting the name of Government, who are the Government? We! Only that we have wicked, selfish and irresponsible leaders. Do you believe that the people referred to as Government by many (I mean our representatives) only occupy about 5% of the Nigeria population? Why can't other 95% try to portray quality of a good Nigerian but rather contribute to the menace and damage in the country and to the image of the country? To make Nigeria a better place, our orientations have to change, our mindsets have to be reformed, and we have to forget what our country can do for us but what we can do to help our nation in every ramification. Let's take for instance if you return home and God bless and you are able to put up a business, i can assure you that some who have plan to travel abroad to hustle can bury their plan if given a good job with better pay, with this you have done your part to help Nigeria as a nation in job creation and help your fellow Nigerians as well. Such is life!

Gbammmmmmmm over and out
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Kx: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2011
Planning on coming back, while majority are planning on going out!
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Podonasmit: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2011
collinsfbi:

Your point is well understood but wasn't really expressed in simple form like this, I know where you are coming from and i know where you are going. I understand many do not have any genuine reason for travelling, many believe going abroad is a surety for making it in life, while many believe naija cannot be a better place and that is why many fall victims to cheap scam all over the country. If you will agree with me that the present problem of Nigeria today is not the fault of one person but a collective one because in one way or the other we are responsible for one thing or the other either individually or collectively. In a situation like this only one man cannot right the wrong of Nigeria. I wonder why everybody is shouting the name of Government, who are the Government? We! Only that we have wicked, selfish and irresponsible leaders. Do you believe that the people referred to as Government by many (I mean our representatives) only occupy about 5% of the Nigeria population? Why can't other 95% try to portray quality of a good Nigerian but rather contribute to the menace and damage in the country and to the image of the country? To make Nigeria a better place, our orientations have to change, our mindsets have to be reformed, and we have to forget what our country can do for us but what we can do to help our nation in every ramification. Let's take for instance if you return home and God bless and you are able to put up a business, i can assure you that some who have plan to travel abroad to hustle can bury their plan if given a good job with better pay, with this you have done your part to help Nigeria as a nation in job creation and help your fellow Nigerians as well. Such is life!

Gbammmmmmmm over and out

Yes you are right. I 100% agree with you. One of my greatest concern is the level of poverty that leads to desperation. Our nation have strive where others have failed. But one thing is worth taking note of. The level of brainwashing and intimidation from the few in government can not be over emphasized. You can see what is happening in U.S and Canada, The match to wall street. Nigerians are so afraid of death, they can not do simple protest they are easily intimidated and do not believe in hard work.

While the major challenge for those intending to go back home is not readjustment, but trust and the level of greed. When you arrive through the airport, what is in the mind of every common Niaja is that you have brought the money and everyone is devising a method to take their share from you.
You see in my 8 months visit, it was like a training for me. Where people know that you might be wasting your money, they will encourage you to spend money in hope that they will get their Eguje. The society is so fragile that the only way to heal the menace is through max employment that is rigid on salary good enough to meet basic needs and total eradication of kick back or Egunje.

You can not establish a business and entrust someone there while you travel abroad, If you are not careful, your capital will be gone not to talk about profit. However, re-engineering and re-orientating people is needed. We all need to make those that serve us realize that we can do and undo by ejecting them when ever they are not performing through peaceful dedicated protest and our vote. Until we can do that, The few in power will continue to take us for a ride.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by collinsfbi(m): 7:16pm On Oct 10, 2011
Yes you are right. I 100% agree with you. One of my greatest concern is the level of poverty that leads to desperation. Our nation have strive where others have failed. But one thing is worth taking note of. The level of brainwashing and intimidation from the few in government can not be over emphasized. You can see what is happening in U.S and Canada, The match to wall street. Nigerians are so afraid of death, they can not do simple protest they are easily intimidated and do not believe in hard work.
Yes you are right, nobody wants to stand to what they believe, many prefer to die in silence and that is why many will never return because of fear of the unknown and many at home will never do anything.

While the major challenge for those intending to go back home is not readjustment, but trust and the level of greed. When you arrive through the airport, what is in the mind of every common Niaja is that you have brought the money and everyone is devising a method to take their share from you.
You see in my 8 months visit, it was like a training for me. Where people know that you might be wasting your money, they will encourage you to spend money in hope that they will get their Eguje. The society is so fragile that the only way to heal the menace is through max employment that is rigid on salary good enough to meet basic needs and total eradication of kick back or Egunje.
The societal morals have been damaged seriously and nothing seems bad in the faces of many Nigerians, the law is no longer effective, everybody wants to make it through shortcut, the level of corrupt practices is highly pervasive. To some extent, i think the bolded portion of your comment will heal the menace if generally planned and executed for many Nigerians who are not greedy.

You can not establish a business and entrust someone there while you travel abroad, If you are not careful, your capital will be gone not to talk about profit. However, re-engineering and re-orientating people is needed. We all need to make those that serve us realize that we can do and undo by ejecting them when ever they are not performing through peaceful dedicated protest and our vote. Until we can do that, The few in power will continue to take us for a ride.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, you are right.

Gbammmm over and out
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by justwise(m): 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2011
Podonasmit:

@ Justwise,

Yes i do and i am not denying my stand, However, i am more frequent to naija.
There is no better place like home

You came across as a hypocrite, i never knew that u are even living outside Nigeria. What were you thinking when you started that thread?
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Podonasmit: 2:26am On Oct 11, 2011
justwise:

You came across as a hypocrite, i never knew that u are even living outside Nigeria. What were you thinking when you started that thread?

Using words to describe people should be well thought out. How do you mean hypocrite?
That i advocate that every Nigerian should reconsider going back home or stay home if they are still in Nigeria? How does that translate in your own definition of hypocrite?

It does not appear to me you understand the thread, Please go back to re- read it and see how i came off with the tread and if there was anywhere that tells you that i was living or not living outside Nigeria.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by justwise(m): 7:15am On Oct 11, 2011
Podonasmit:

Using words to describe people should be well thought out. How do you mean hypocrite?
That i advocate that every Nigerian should reconsider going back home or stay home if they are still in Nigeria? How does that translate in your own definition of hypocrite?

It does not appear to me you understand the thread, Please go back to re- read it and see how i came off with the tread and if there was anywhere that tells you that i was living or not living outside Nigeria.

This is some abstract from your post:

Yet someone will come and tell you that Nigeria is not the place, No earthquake history, No Hurricane, No volcano, No Heat stroke, No Cold winter but beautiful weather the God made it all.

Unlike other suppose greener pasture full of customize diseases(AIDS)that will later be sent to Africa and eventual plague some Nigerians.
Hurricane everywhere, Volcano in the river, Heat stroke on the street, Code in your room, Hurricane in your state or province. Yet Nigerians are desperate to go over there.

This is how you described abroad, a place full of customised diseases like AIDs, natural disasters but at the same time you are not even living in Nigeria.

Don't get me wrong other made it and many did not, Nigeria is a place where many can make it and few don't because its your home. Stop migrating, stop the guy next door to you, ask him to invest his money in Nigeria, to create job for himself and other people in his situation. One thing that is sure is that you will always be first class citizen in Nigeria, but you could be last class citizen every other place, even if you are successful.

Here you are telling Nigerians to stop leaving Nigeria while you are actually living outside Nigeria.

This is hypocrite.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Podonasmit: 11:30am On Oct 11, 2011
justwise:

This is some abstract from your post:

Yet someone will come and tell you that Nigeria is not the place, No earthquake history, No Hurricane, No volcano, No Heat stroke, No Cold winter but beautiful weather the God made it all.

Unlike other suppose greener pasture full of customize diseases(AIDS)that will later be sent to Africa and eventual plague some Nigerians.
Hurricane everywhere, Volcano in the river, Heat stroke on the street, Code in your room, Hurricane in your state or province. Yet Nigerians are desperate to go over there.

This is how you described abroad, a place full of customised diseases like AIDs, natural disasters but at the same time you are not even living in Nigeria.

Don't get me wrong other made it and many did not, Nigeria is a place where many can make it and few don't because its your home. Stop migrating, stop the guy next door to you, ask him to invest his money in Nigeria, to create job for himself and other people in his situation. One thing that is sure is that you will always be first class citizen in Nigeria, but you could be last class citizen every other place, even if you are successful.

Here you are telling Nigerians to stop leaving Nigeria while you are actually living outside Nigeria.

This is hypocrite.

Your second highlighted section does not depict any hypocritical persuasion. First the section is a persuasive sentences used to appeal to consciences not to migrate out of Nigeria. If you go to the top of this thread you will see where i said i was in Nigeria for 8 months. What do you think i will be looking for in Nigeria for that long if not for resettling down. That i am in the process of resettling down and still making some reasonable preparations towards achieving that does not emphasize hypocrisy. My initial thread where you copy the bold sentences from does not explain that and i did not say measure put in place to achieve what my goals are.

It will only be hypocrisy if i stick my butt here and am not making plans to go, but encouraging others to leave. That is creating sense of double standard. Like i said earlier i am firmly standing by what i said, that home is home and i can not but be home sooner than i can imagine.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by justwise(m): 11:50am On Oct 11, 2011
Podonasmit:

Your second highlighted section does not depict any hypocritical persuasion. First the section is a persuasive sentences used to appeal to consciences not to migrate out of Nigeria. If you go to the top of this thread you will see where i said i was in Nigeria for 8 months. What do you think i will be looking for in Nigeria for that long if not for resettling down. That i am in the process of resettling down and still making some reasonable preparations towards achieving that does not emphasize hypocrisy. My initial thread where you copy the bold sentences from does not explain that and i did not say measure put in place to achieve what my goals are.

It will only be hypocrisy if i stick my butt here and am not making plans to go, but encouraging others to leave. That is creating sense of double standard. Like i said earlier i am firmly standing by what i said, that home is home and i can not but be home sooner than i can imagine.

I'm sorry there nothing you have written here now that persuaded me to change my opinion about you.

You can't start a thread like this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-766362.0.html and depended it while living abroad.
Re: Please Advice Me People,i Wanna Come Back Home! by Podonasmit: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2011
justwise:

I'm sorry there nothing you have written here now that persuaded me to change my opinion about you.

You can't start a thread like this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-766362.0.html and depended it while living abroad.

Its not a new thing, there are several persuasive words that have fall by the road side, Just as your recent alert on suspected scamer: those that will listen will listen and those that will not will not. so you are free to follow your mind. That i live abroad or not live abroad in anyways will not convince[b] you[/b] to relocate to Nigeria, so the message was not intended to people like you, but people who could spend some seconds to re-make decision base on available information needed to connect the dots.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Overloaded Vehicles / Ecowas Travel Certificate / Pictures Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.