Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,077 members, 7,852,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:19 PM

Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) (52317 Views)

Bauchi First Lady, Aisha Bala-Muhammad's Convoy Trapped On A Bad Road / The Accident Victims Involving Obaseki’s Convoy (Graphic Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Convoy Trapped By Supporters In Kano (photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by AmaUwana(f): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2023
Dreal1247:
Even if you don't eat from the food that you prepared, you must first enjoy the aroma.
This proverb ehn 😄😄😄😘
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Ingocof(m): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2023
Edo no be Lagos
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
Good for him
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by kokorokoman: 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2023
Extremekofoshi:

It's really this bad?
have you seen obaseki commissioning a project on nairaland before apart from street light?
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
Bro if only u know what is coming your way soon, you will kneeldown and pray to mother nature to tender mercy upon most states in Nigeria including Edo state to be precise..

See the money obaseki use buy those cars him use for him convoy and other shits, he for use am establish state of the art weather monitoring system for weather pattern predictions and study..

U dey there dey support governor wain u suppose dey beg am.. bro I am a geologist I dey study watin dey happen for Nigeria even my professor here dey fear.. na him draw am to my attention u see in a few years from now the amount of flood wain go dey flood benin lokoja Abuja enugu major south south regions mass damage flooding na mini apocalypse go dey happen yearly.
The earth pattern dey change Africa go soon separate in map Africa go soon split part region Africa map go change for good. and when it does it will bring in waves of water from the Atlantic region Africa go divide you Lagos eko Atlantic na water over and over Edo state go suffer am wella because of our stingy leaders.
Na my professor bring that information to my notice...
When e set houses go cover in less than 1 day in land mass no longer habitable all this could have been avoided but no because of greed and stingyness.
What we all seeing is just start it hasn't even started yet..
Me I no go dey there to suffer am with una then I go see if u go remember this word..

If we see truth make we dey talk am

Osariemen12:
The fools commenting above won't tell you what Obaseki and his predecessor had done to reduce the flood on that road. Whatever you do on Ugbowo Lagos Road, there must be water on the road during rainfall. It takes just minutes to go away after the rain. Please, free my govo.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by damkin24(m): 3:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
madridguy:
Leave my state out of this.

So Lagos and Ogun states are your problem? When the post was clearly not about them
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by nairamaniac: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2023
seleroms2:

The roads are majorly disposable roads, give most of the rods six months and the rest is history
Not really. It's not all his roads that are of such low qualities.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by OVB123: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
GhostRider1991:

Which hardworking governor.

Oshiomole is different from Obaseki, show me one road constructed by Obaseki in benin, I'm not saying patched road because all he does is patching road bit by bit after one week the road is bad, all good roads in benin today was done by Oshiomole, check Uwelu Road, Textile road by Ogida, Uselu Road by Tumb line, Auchi Road by Aduwawa, Close to bypass, RCC Road sapele road all these roads are zero during rainfall.

All the roads done by Oshiomole has deteriorated so bad. Obaskei has done nothing other than empowering agbero I'm Benin City.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by nairamaniac: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
kokorokoman:

This is so funny, the same water storm project he said was a fraud and promised us he will probe the project but till today, no probe, the project yet to see the light of the day.
A govt that can't complete a water storm project in eight years, a project he met half way.
Make una dey shame na and you are telling me about six ponds.

How does it make sense to compare obaseki who has not built a block of classroom in seven years to lucky Igbinedion that built colleges of education.

You are comparing obaseki that decreased AAU subvention funds from over 200 million to less than 50 million to lucky that Increased monthly subvention to AAU from N4million (1999) to N100million (2007)

You are comparing obaseki that is yet to build a pure water factory to lucky Igbinedion that established Edo Fertiliser Blending Plant, Auchi, edo Chemical Plant, Ikpeshi. Cassavita Plant, Uromi. and the Fruit Juice Factory, Ehor. and the resuscitation of Bendel Brewery Ltd. And Bendel Cement Company, Okpella through technical partners. (Note, it was Chief Odigie Oyegun who sold Bendel Brewery to Churchgate. Lucky Igbinedion vowed to return the legacy to Edo State.)

Construction and commissioning of a two-storey 27-classroom block at the state-owned remedial education institution, Institute of Continuing Education (ICE), Benin City. Construction and commissioning of an auditorium/lecture theatre at the College of Agriculture, Iguoriakhi and the College of Education,Ekiadolor.

Lucky Igbinedion renovated and built four hostel blocks and the increase in monthly subvention from N3 million to N10 million for the College of Education, Ekiadolor without shutting down the school like obaseki did.

Lucky Igbinedion bought brand-new COMIL Volkswagen Buses and established the Edo City Transport Service (ECTS)
Construction of a modern corporate headquarters and garage for the ECTS at ramat Park. But obaseki came and gave agbero uniform without any form of input in the improvement of Edo transport system.

Lucky Igbinedion established the Stella Obasanjo Women and Children Hospital in Benin City dedicated to paediatric and gynecological cases as a referral institution with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. Then also was the construction of a women maternity ward within the premises of Central Hospital, But obaseki came, has never built a single maternity but he shut down the renovated central hospital boasting he will probe the project only to later privatize it and hand it over to his friend from delta state.

The construction and commissioning of the Benin Byepass through a collaborative effort between the Federal Government and the Igbinedion Administration during lucky Igbinedion govt.

The construction of the Edo House, which till date yields revenues to the State was done by lucky Igbinedion.

Rural Electrification that covered nearly all rural Edo areas, including such out places like Somorika.

Establishment of Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen.

These are few of lucky's project he never made noise about because of his govt lack of good PR.
Mind you lucky Igbinedion met a rotten state from the military that the preceding military adm was owing edo civil servants abiut 2 years salaries that lucky came to clear.

Obaseki is just a Grammer speaking dead wood, everyday "industrial clauses" and yet no single thing to show, mind you, withing just 6 months of obasekis first term he had already borrowed more than the total debt the three previous govt of lucky, osunbor and oshiomhole owed.

Make una continue deceiving una selves.
I don't know it alll. But some of these projects you credited to Lucky are false.

I always saw the Stella Obasanjo as a federal hospital done by Obasanjo.

Them the bypass you mentioned. That was completely a federal government project with aneni as Minister of Works at the time.

Imost of these other Lucky's projects u mentioned are shabby. As shabby as the buildings in Iyokogna housing estate.

Those facilities did not last anywhere. You may have been right on some of what you mentioned but definitely some here where between fiction, wash-wash and imaginations.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Menclothing: 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2023
Convoy in fuel scarcity

Buy plain tees 2k
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by OVB123: 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
GhostRider1991:

Which hardworking governor.

Oshiomole is different from Obaseki, show me one road constructed by Obaseki in benin, I'm not saying patched road because all he does is patching road bit by bit after one week the road is bad, all good roads in benin today was done by Oshiomole, check Uwelu Road, Textile road by Ogida, Uselu Road by Tumb line, Auchi Road by Aduwawa, Close to bypass, RCC Road sapele road all these roads are zero during rainfall.

All the roads done by Oshiomole has deteriorated so bad. Obaskei has done nothing other than empowering agbero I'm Benin City.
He is the worst governor, we have ever seen after igbinedion.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Benwems(m): 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
kokorokoman:
I am from edo state and I will say edo state cannot be compared to any state in South South or South West in terms of roads.
The only good road in edo were the ones done by the previous govts.
This obaseki is a curse to not only edo state but to the Nigerian political space.
Never in my life have I seen anything as useless as this man, just come to Benin and see for yourself.
Edolites are busy building houses but there's no single road to connect them.
Everyday he will just come on air and start speaking Grammer, "industrial clauses" and nonsense Grammer.
This man is a big punishment to us here in Benin.

Oga lockup. You are not from edo state but from western state. You are just lying up and down. Obaseki has done so many road. Edo state have a drainage problem that only a big company like juslius Berger can do and it’s very costly. Reason oshiomole stole money more than 30 billion for edo storm water project which he didn’t do. Oshiomole finished edo money and Obaseki had to work with the little left reason Obaseki couldn’t address the flood problems and he doesn’t want to borrow.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by ogaemma: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
Obaseki does not give a damn.
He is as useless as the flood water.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by kokorokoman: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
nairamaniac:
I don't know it alll. But some of these projects you credited to Lucky are false.

I always saw the Stella Obasanjo as a federal hospital done by Obasanjo.

Them the bypass you mentioned. That was completely a federal government project with aneni as Minister of Works at the time.

Imost of these other Lucky's projects u mentioned are shabby. As shabby as the buildings in Iyokogna housing estate.

Those facilities did not last anywhere. You may have been right on some of what you mentioned but definitely some here where between fiction, wash-wash and imaginations.
hahaha, you know nothing Jons, the Stella Obasanjo Women and Children Hospital was constructed fully by edo state govt and was named after Stella Obasanjo because she is a daughter of the state.
The Benin bye pass was a collaborative effort between the Federal and state govts, go confirm from people that know about edo state.
From your previous posts I knew you do not know anything about edo state, you are among the bandwagons that started showing interest in politics because of the social media frenzy that came with the 2023 general elections.
These are just few of lucky igbinedions projects, I have a list of over 60 more.
Please list projects started and commissioned by obaseki in seven years and I will list yahaya bellos projects in just one year in office so you can compare them.
Anybody that sees you ranting on edo threads will think you know a thing about edo state.
Kids.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by OVB123: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:

I never compared Oshiomole with Obaseki in terms of work done as governors, and I will never do. The likes of Oshiomole, Umahi, Akpabio, Kwankwaso, Fashola, Chime, and Duke are outstanding in performance as governors. Obaseki is nowhere close to Oshiomole. However, my response was to the malignant comment by one Idowu that Obaseki is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria's political space. Why we have huge expectations from our governors at state level in Edo, nowhere will one compare Obaseki to useless politicians and governors like Abiodun, Tinubu, Alao Akala, Akeredolu, Gbenga Daniel, T. A. Orji, Yahaya Bello, Yuguda, Shekarau. How then would the dimwit make such comment because of water on tarred road during rainfall?

The truth is this: it is always hard to score good points when your predecessor has set a high standard. Same fate befell Ganduje.

Again, Edo no be Lagos.
U have said it all.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by saveman91(m): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Him don see shegi i thank's God no be my state, common road u can't do na to use money built airport road
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by emmyN(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2023
ubox:

State Government do fix Federal roads and get reimbursed sometimes. This is Calabar Itu road in Akwa Ibom was done by Akpabio and the state was later reimbursed. It was a nightmare before..

Obaseki is in the opposition, you get? In this case they can't fix the road since the contract has already been awarded to a federal government contractor. If you go to that road you will see sand heaped on one side but no work is going on.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2023
Papilagreen:
Bro if only u know what is coming your way soon, you will kneeldown and pray to mother nature to tender mercy upon most states in Nigeria including Edo state to be precise..

See the money obaseki use buy those cars him use for him convoy and other shits, he for use am establish state of the art weather monitoring system for weather pattern predictions and study..

U dey there dey support governor wain u suppose dey beg am.. bro I am a geologist I dey study watin dey happen for Nigeria even my professor here dey fear.. na him draw am to my attention u see in a few years from now the amount of flood wain go dey flood benin lokoja Abuja enugu major south south regions mass damage flooding na mini apocalypse go dey happen yearly.
The earth pattern dey change Africa go soon separate in map Africa go soon split part region Africa map go change for good. and when it does it will bring in waves of water from the Atlantic region Africa go divide you Lagos eko Atlantic na water over and over Edo state go suffer am wella because of our stingy leaders.
Na my professor bring that information to my notice...
When e set houses go cover in less than 1 day in land mass no longer habitable all this could have been avoided but no because of greed and stingyness.
What we all seeing is just start it hasn't even started yet..
Me I no go dey there to suffer am with una then I go see if u go remember this word..

If we see truth make we dey talk am

You've said it all. Some fools are banking on this to ridicule Obaseki and Edo State as a whole as if no place in southwest experience occasional flooding during and after rainfall.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Ejem84: 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Shame to federal government that has vehemently warned state to stay off repair of its road.
A federal government that receives huge chunk of revenue can not fix a road as important as Benin-Sapele Road all because the governor is not in their party.
We should ask ourselves the question what happen to the 80 billion Buhari approved for that road

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Ejem84: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
Faber:
Shame no dey catch these people walahi
Make federal government dey shame.
Federal road when federal government knor fit repair.
Wetin happen to 80 billion naira former President Buhari approve for this road.
Posterity will forever judge our leaders

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by papamodico: 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2023
Let the governor fix the road why was he elected as the governor of the state
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by kokorokoman: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
Benwems:

Oga lockup. You are not from edo state but from western state. You are just lying up and down. Obaseki has done so many road. Edo state have a drainage problem that only a big company like juslius Berger can do and it’s very costly. Reason oshiomole stole money more than 30 billion for edo storm water project which he didn’t do. Oshiomole finished edo money and Obaseki had to work with the little left reason Obaseki couldn’t address the flood problems and he doesn’t want to borrow.
grin cheesy normally I am not supposed to answer because I see illiteracy and ignorance wrapping your comment but I just have to for clarification purpose.
Can you mention the many roads obaseki has started and completed in seven years?
Oshiomhole never borrowed 30 billion for the project, but it was a 30 billion project that was supposed to be financed and done in batches.
The useless obaseki came and said the project was riddled with curroption and will investigate it. But today no investigation and we have heard nothing about the project again.
And lastly, that obaseki didn't want to borrow is just the most foolish statement I have heard this year.
Do you know that within the first three years of obaseki govt he had already borrowed times two of the total debt the three previous govt left? Go verify this and if it's a false I owe you a million naira.
Foolish people everywhere defending nonsense online. Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by MrJames007: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
See dis one. Why he no comot run follow the motor as usual. undecided

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by kokorokoman: 5:10pm On Jul 23, 2023
emmyN:

Obaseki is in the opposition, you get? In this case they can't fix the road since the contract has already been awarded to a federal government contractor. If you go to that road you will see sand heaped on one side but no work is going on.
stop supporting nonsense, has obaseki been able to fix local govt roads and state govt roads?
Are temboga, upper mission extension federal roads too? Obaseki is just sleeping and snoring and you people are making excuses for him here. Didn't Oshiomhole tarred federal roads, didn't wike, umahi and Co tar federal roads. Suffer no dey tire una sef? Which kind Mumu people be all these for fk sake.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by ericmor: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
Reinamaria:
That's good.

They probably think they're immune to all the struggles of the common man.

and how does that solve the problem? people with no shame. they should just do the right thing and fix the road because he used that road today doesn't mean he will keep using it and he may even not get it fixed either, so what happened to everyday users of the road?
I don't care about him getting stuck or not, what i want is good governance and not to be talking and talking every time why do they keep turning deaf hear the people cry
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Ozommadu: 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
madridguy:
Shameless people. Many roads in Lagos State and Ogun state are like this too.

Ogun state roads close to Lagos are all death traps.

Haha, this one touch you grin
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by frog12: 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
good for him.

he has not made any effort to fix this flooding problem grin grin grin
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Extremekofoshi: 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
kokorokoman:
stop supporting nonsense, has obaseki been able to fix local govt roads and state govt roads?
Are temboga, upper mission extension federal roads too? Obaseki is just sleeping and snoring and you people are making excuses for him here. Didn't Oshiomhole tarred federal roads, didn't wike, umahi and Co tar federal roads. Suffer no dey tire una sef? Which kind Mumu people be all these for fk sake.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that majority of those who eulogized mediocrity, are probably beneficiaries?.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Extremekofoshi: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
Osanoghodua1:
That's a federal road not state road. Even though Obaseki hasn't done much on roads, it's unwise to be filming him and mocking him. Can that guy in the background mock his father like this? I am not in PDP but I don't support Obaseki in many areas but won't shame him like this.

Really? devil's advocate, you and Obaseki deserved to be flogged.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by ekhai(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2023
Osariemen12:
The fools commenting above won't tell you what Obaseki and his predecessor had done to reduce the flood on that road. Whatever you do on Ugbowo Lagos Road, there must be water on the road during rainfall. It takes just minutes to go away after the rain. Please, free my govo.
THIS IS SAPELE ROAD OOOOO. EKENWA ROAD NKOR.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Wins His Polling Unit In Agulu, APC And PDP Score Zero Votes / Nasir El Rufai Tweet That Got Twitter Buzzing On Saturday / APC Reacts To Defection Of 15 Senators, 36 House Of Reps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.