Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,045 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (416372 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (470) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by austino677(m): 4:31am On Oct 09, 2023
zubizareta:

This man. Why you dey lol.
na the pfl because of money removal grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 5:44am On Oct 09, 2023
Ok boss. Thanks for the response. I appreciate. God bless you.

JMG12:
What do you think? If the acct has been verified before the money was taken out then you don't have to worry if you know for sure the account has been verified, but if the account has not been verified then the money was taken out and they send a message or call for verification, just be expecting PFL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Emmanuelvictor: 5:55am On Oct 09, 2023
Hmm. Ok, I am beginning to have normal blood pressure. God bless you real good sir. My program is just a year and my agent said I need 20million as POF which will be stocked in my account for a month because I am using my existing account as my sop will be carrying sale of properties and running business. I want him to apply within the time frame the money will be in the account but he's saying he will apply after the 1 month that the money has reflected. That was the reason for my question.
Any further advice will be appreciated sir.

ofime123:
Ircc do not and can not ask your present account balance they only verify the geniuness of your statement of account you presented. If your remove the money just pray they don't ask you for updated statement of account. This only happen in rear case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by austino677(m): 6:05am On Oct 09, 2023
Emmanuelvictor:
Hmm. Ok, I am beginning to have normal blood pressure. God bless you real good sir. My program is just a year and my agent said I need 20million as POF .

this is public.. Edit your post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ogeoflyf(f): 7:06am On Oct 09, 2023
Has any one tried accessing the new portal ?
It’s not going
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zannix(m): 7:38am On Oct 09, 2023
Shegs105:
Hello the senior Guru in the house. I submitted an application to Holland College, but I was only given the instruction to upload my Degree Cert, Transcript, and Resume, I was wondering why I was not given the space to upload my SOP and maybe other writing samples. Or should I just upload my academic SOP in any other spaces given since they allowed two docs for each?

Pls what program did you apply for?
Is it September 2024?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Cest2023: 7:41am On Oct 09, 2023
JMG12:
Hello,
1. Either you or your husband stand a chance to get the visa
2. A master's or higher qualification only increases your express entry point
3. That amount will not be sufficient for 1 applicant, you need to save up work on the financial aspect one person can go first due to the financial involvement
Thank you so much for your response. How much should we be looking for? Without POF.
From t school fees, medicals and up to flight for one person.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Zannix(m): 7:50am On Oct 09, 2023
Shegs105:
Hello the senior Guru in the house. I submitted an application to Holland College, but I was only given the instruction to upload my Degree Cert, Transcript, and Resume, I was wondering why I was not given the space to upload my SOP and maybe other writing samples. Or should I just upload my academic SOP in any other spaces given since they allowed two docs for each?

I dont think they require any write-up.

For my program I uploaded...NECO, CV, post grad transcript. I heard they will start reviewing applications from 15th oct and will issue first batch of acceptances by November 1st.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by emmyoddy: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2023
Please can the opening balance for POF account be around 1.8m and closing be about 20m because the account will have lump sum due to sale of land proceed and family savings deposited.

The inflow and outflows are not in millions.

Thanks for the anticipated response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SeunOSEWApenis(f): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2023
Augrere2022:

That will depend on your study length, sponsorship either self or someone is sponsoring you.
I plan on doing a masters program and I will sponsor myself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Dorinug: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2023
Pacycanada:
If anyone is coming to Cambrian college in Sudbury, I have big room for room sharing , preferably female, Rent is $400
starts November 1st or December 1st

Hi, I am in Sudbury now. I am interested. I'll be starting school on October 31st.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ogeoflyf(f): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2023
ogeoflyf:
Has any one tried accessing the new portal ?
It’s not going
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gideon19: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2023
Hello all, pls I will like to confirm if I can attach all my documents to my SOP.

i.e. certificates, LOA, DOB and co to SOP or I can just make reference to them with hyperlink?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by maxyboss212(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2023
Please guy,
A friend applied for biometric with VAC but was given 20 of this month as the next available date. He thinks it's too far and would like to know how to go about it

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sudo1986: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
Please, how many days does it take biometric to be updated on the system? It is more than a week my brother did biometric at Lagos center, and it has not been updated till today.
Is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DereI(f): 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
Is anyone coming to Calgary mid October? I have a room available to rent.

Dm me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Headward: 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2023
Please house, Seniors and experienced people.

I wanted applying to school for May intake. I want to start now but while doing the processes, I saw I was to write an SOP. Now I have written the SOP but needs someone who can help me go through it for perfection. Someone who can help me as a guide through this journey. Please. I beg of you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ofime123(m): 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mine is two weeks now o just be patient it usually not like this before. Maybe they have so many backlog
sudo1986:
Please, how many days does it take biometric to be updated on the system? It is more than a week my brother did biometric at Lagos center, and it has not been updated till today.
Is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CannyNomad: 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
maxyboss212:
Please guy,
A friend applied for biometric with VAC but was given 20 of this month as the next available date. He thinks it's too far and would like to know how to go about it

Regards

Keep checking the site daily at different times till an earlier date is available, then cancel former appointment and rebook.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by isioefe: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
Good day my people, I just did my BIOMETRICS. I want to know how long it takes for VFS to send biometrics to IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndukaada: 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2023
JeffOghenz:

Am going by May

Please check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndukaada: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lekiboboe: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
dellyakande:
Please can someone help with useful information about CBBC Career College in Canada.

Student and work permit....

CBBC college in NOVA SCOTIA is a Designated Learning Institute (DL), but does not offer PGWP (POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT). See the screenshot below

As an international student, you're expected to apply to a School in Canada that is a DLI (DESIGNATED LEARNING INSTITUTE) and offers PGWP

You would find the contents in the links below useful

https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/61#105433514

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/702#114013525

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by airprince(m): 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
[quote author=Brendamad post=126285707][/quote]
I’m supposed to start January but I’m still processing for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by duncanmighty: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
Good day house.
Trust you are doing great.
I will need your experienced insights on the study visa refusal note I'm attaching with this post.

A friend called me this morning and told me he was recently refused canada study visa and doesn't understand the details on the refusal note. He shared Screencast of the refusal notes but In as much as I know not much about canada I promised to get back to him after getting help from Nairalanders.

Attached Is the refusal notes.
What exactly does the content mean?
Why exactly was he refused based on the note ?
what exactly was expected of him when they said he was given 7 days to respond.?

I will gladly appreciate your quick inputs.
Bless you all

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
duncanmighty:
Good day house.
I will need your experienced insights on the study visa refusal note I'm attaching with this post.

A friend called me this morning and told me he was recently refused canada study visa and doesn't understand the details on the refusal note. He shared Screencast of the refusal notes but In as much as I know not much about canada I promised to get back to him after getting help from Nairalanders.

what exactly was expected of him when they said he was given 7 days to respond.?

Bless you all
Omo .. this one thick ooo .. but i made a quick research on what owe the crown means.. this reply is from Quora

"“The crown” refers to the government of a country which has King Charles III as head of state. So, if you owe money to the Government of Canada for something, you have an outstanding debt that must be paid before a visa approval is possible. Similarly, if your home country is a Commonwealth nation which has King Charles III as head of state and you owe your government money, pay your debt and re-apply."

Another answer from Quora :-- It means you owe money to the Crown. That could mean either the federal government or a provincial government, since the Crown can refer to either because it is a federation. The Canadian authorities don’t like issuing visas where the applicant has outstanding debts to them.

Reference Link : https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-if-my-Canadian-visa-application-got-refused-based-on-owing-debt-to-the-crown

Is your friend currently living in Canada or has once lived in Canada ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TradeSunMoore: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
isioefe:
Good day my people, I just did my BIOMETRICS. I want to know how long it takes for VFS to send biometrics to IRCC
Biometrics reflects in your IRCC portal same day under normal situation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
duncanmighty:
Good day house.

Bless you all

Your friend has applied for a Study permit before for which the application fees where not paid. He needs to settle the debt and explain why he did not pay before. any application he sends now will only be considered after he has settled the debt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gammarays(m): 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
duncanmighty:
Good day house.

Bless you all
I also have another input though I'm not experienced with this stuff?

Did he submit documents, account statements that conflict or not fully verifiable?

Did he use an agent?

He has to pay the stated sum as penalty before applying again 😭

I may be wrong but that's my perception
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ijeezlux(m): 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
Please is proof of sponsor business activities compulsory in the documentation?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gammarays(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
It has been a long time

Studied Transport Management Technology
No related work experience just personal hustle since I graduated.
Applied for a masters then in 2018-2019 which was rejected so lost interest.

However I want to apply again and will solicit for advice on which course to apply for. Something with a low rate of rejection let me start from there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by martinslanre(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
quadtunji:

I sent you a mail, respond and let’s exchange number, there is a whatsapp group for Conestoga students.
Please can you provide the link to the WhatsApp group.
I would like to be added to the group. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (470) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.