Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (401427 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 7:05am On Dec 02, 2023
seawealth:
Please I need clarification on this;

I heard that when you apply for mpower loan, it's advisable to add extra portion that will cover for your repayment while studying and that you can collect the excess from your school?

Please how true is that

That is possible only if your school is agreeable to the idea to pay you the excess. However, using any loan to fully cover for tuition and living expenses is very dicey with VOs, who might flag it, they will say there was no evidence that the funds had been paid to the school or applicant. Lenders like Mpower only pay disburse the loans after you have been granted SP.

So you need to have your own funds at least to cover some part of your living expenses and flight tickets, these can be added to the Mpower loan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 7:07am On Dec 02, 2023
Samade7:

pls someone should help me answer dis.....God bless.

After your passport is stamped, you will receive an introduction letter which you will travel with. The PPR letter is different, that was a request for you to submit your passport.

The introduction letter is a letter given to you by IRCC to show CBSA agents when you land in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by seawealth(m): 9:14am On Dec 02, 2023
Bobomaigida:

That is possible only if your school is agreeable to the idea to pay you the excess. However, using any loan to fully cover for tuition and living expenses is very dicey with VOs, who might flag it, they will say there was no evidence that the funds had been paid to the school or applicant. Lenders like Mpower only pay disburse the loans after you have been granted SP.

So you need to have your own funds at least to cover some part of your living expenses and flight tickets, these can be added to the Mpower loan.

I don't plan on using the loan for living expenses just for tuition only.
I already have up to N16m for living expenses.

The reason why I asked is that I don't know if it's required of me to explain to the VO how I plan to cover the loan repayment terms during my study period.
I was thinking of coming clean with the VO that the excess loan approved will be used during my studies to offset the loan repayment terms but not sure if that's a wise move.

Please kindly advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ashirew: 9:52am On Dec 02, 2023
Please, house I have been given admission into NBCC Fall 2024 for a year program and the tuition fee is 10750 Canadian dollar. I want to apply for student visa. These are my questions:
1. How much in Nigerian Naira do I need if I want to Sponsor myself?
2. when is the best time to apply for the Visa.
3. I can raise 8million naira myself but i want to get 10million naira in my providus account @2.5% .
4. I have landed properties sold by local Govt. 5Plots
5. Can i use 2 account to apply for the visa.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Koded72: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2023
Hello guys.
Is anyone going/has been to CIMT college or do anyone have information regarding working off-campus while studying a post graduate diploma here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ehisg: 9:59am On Dec 02, 2023
Good Day
Please any one in the house resuming, TRENT UNIVERSITY, DURHAM CAMPUS this January (Winter 2024). Please let connect or you can send me a WhatsApp message on 08070601940
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 10:18am On Dec 02, 2023
Please whenever a gift deed of say N1 - 3million is received, is it required to request and include the donor's account statement and also explain the source of his funds.

Please kindly share some light
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Necksonnel: 10:31am On Dec 02, 2023
shanny001:
Hello everyone, I need assistance from study visa experts in the house.

I've been offered admission in two schools;
1. Red river Polytechnic, winnipeg - science laboratory technology 2 years (my second choice)
2 Red Deer Polytechnic, Alberta - Medical Laboratory assistant certificate 1 year (my first choice) (cheaper fees)

I have a BSc in Microbiology and a year experience as a medical laboratory assistant (three years ago)

Now I'm confused as to which to go with as per which would give me a higher chance of visa approval (2yr diploma vs 1yr certificate);
I intend to travel with my spouse and 2yr old kid and I have enough proof of funds for either schools. Also, Which of them would be easier to get PPR with?

Which one did you later go for ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kaydelegend01: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2023
Yes i used both naira and pounds account.

All the supporting documents are from my country Nigeria. Mostly my assets and all. The only documents I used that are from the uk are my degree certificates here in the UK, DBS which is like police character certificate in my dear Nigeria, my pay slip ...
dehiero:

Congratulations did you use POF/supporting documents from nigeria for the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bmideey(f): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2023
technix:
Is the applicant inside Canada? Or have they submitted visa application already? If yes, I can help check out some schools.

If none of the cases applies, then January/March is too close.

i have submitted my visa application but I want to change my college immediately I relocate to Canada ..and am looking at colleges that are very affordable..I donโ€™t mind suggestions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mikkosh11: 10:50am On Dec 02, 2023
Bobomaigida:

First get your GCMS notes to know why they rejected the first application, if your spouse and baby are going alone for now it will reduce the amount of POF you have to show.

It is always ideal you have your funds for a minimum of 4 months. Though is some rare cases, statement with shorter periods have been used successfully.
. Okay but the issue there is we remove the money from the account immediately we submit the application how can you advice for us to return the money bank into the account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jscoder: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2023
Hi Gurus,

I am applying for a study permit for my 5 and 8-year-olds. on form imm1294e it says "If you are less than 17 years of age, you must fill out the Custodian Declaration (IMM 5646) form"

Am I required to fill out form IMM 5646 ie. (The custodianship declaration form for minors)?

Please help
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Headward: 11:27am On Dec 02, 2023
Koded72:
Hello guys.
Is anyone going/has been to CIMT college or do anyone have information regarding working off-campus while studying a post graduate diploma here?

If you're asking about, if you can work while studying at CIMT, Yes you can work but it's a school without PGWP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Priceless200(f): 11:55am On Dec 02, 2023
[Teeebabyyy]

Thanks for the below on we form. You re a life saver. Couldn't quote you there, the page is locked.

'Hi, let me share a brief guide.
Here's the link to create a webform;
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q15

Once the page loads, scroll down and click on "tell us more"
1.select "no" to the grandparents question

2. select "yes" you've submitted an application

3. Select "yes" your application is processed outside Canada.

4. Select Kenya-Nairobi as the visa application office and click on "go to webform"

Now the main webform page has loaded.

1. "Type of enquiry"-Student

2."Your enquiry"- The same message you sent in your email, type it there or write something different

3. "Applicant information" - Fill in your details

4. "Enquirer information"- select applicant and your info will automatically fill in the blank fields.

5. Leave the consultant iccrc number field empty

6. Scroll down, tick the box beside "I agree and consent" click on "next"

Now the page for attaching documents. if you have any document to attach let's say e-medical sheet you can the select "yes" to add document and then submit. If not, select "no" and then submit

FINISH!
Hope this helps, Goodluck! '

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sazy(m): 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2023
sogmart:

Hey sis; can you kindle guide through on how to apply for MPOWER. All referrals earnings for you!
email- sogmartd@gmail.com

Please can you guide me how to apply for this.
email - macsamuel724@gmail.com.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sazy(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
Anyone going for Conestoga Jan 2024. Let's connect Whatsapp : 08159054787.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by pufframmy: 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2023
congratulations bro

pls can you share this sample of letter of finance

StanOyiga72:
PPR Alert!!!!

The truth is I never thought I would type those words this year. My journey has been rough but God's grace stood for me. Before anything I would like to thank 3 people who helped me psychologically and materially during this process. Zubizareta, Subzero, and another random NL user like me whom I don't even know their username but we discuss our applications on WhatsApp. I can't thank these people well enough. Zubizareta was always there for me and was so genuinely invested in my application. Subzero was almost like my elder brother and the third user guided me like he knew me from Adam. Even though I just randomly mailed him.

These 3 were God sent to me and are the reason I tried one more time for this study permit after 2 refusals.

My application timeline

Submitted 15th November
Medical Pass 24th November
Eligibility Started 27 November
PPR 1 December
Total 15 days.

Documents submitted
To be very honest with you, there was nothing special about my application. The same documents I submitted gave me refusal in August and I only showed higher proof of funds.

Financial Documents

Letter of Finance Explanation (with table showing detailed financial plan)

Tuition Schedule and how I intend to pay my fees

Funding letters by the department and by my supervisor (funding of $32,000)

Documents showing proof of sold car

Approval of Study Leave Payment by my company

Recommendation letter by my company's founder

Recommendation letter by my University of Manitoba Supervisor

Documents showing events and trainings sponsored by my company

Bank Statement (4 months showing 10million)

Study leave approval letter from my company

Land property deed gift document

Land survey document

I and my wife's business registration documents

Proof of rent paid for space for the business

Invoices for clients

My father's letter of sponsorship (explaining that he will strictly paying for my flight to and from Canada)

My fathers bank statements (showing around 3 million)

Other Documents (Client information)

A 3 paged SOP

Employment letter

Promotion offer letter

Proof of research work

Acceptance letter

Marriage certificate

Degree Certificate

BSC transcript

NYSC certificate

CV

Police Certificate

Extra im1249 page

From someone who has been refused twice by Canada and once by U.S with 2 of those rejections coming in span of one month, my sincere prayer for whoever is reading this is that you may feel the exact same joy I am feeling right now. My wife always tells me this and I will tell you now.."If this is what you really want, if you are sure in your heart that this is the path for you, then keep trying".
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Immacbaby: 2:01pm On Dec 02, 2023
Immacbaby:
Hi everyone, please I tried paying my own tuition fee via bank using form A for three months now and yesterday they emailed me that I should submit my TCC. Please as a student how do I get this and what documents do I need.

Please and please I need urgent answer please!!!! I haven't been getting response from my questions on niaraland and can't say why!

Please ๐Ÿ™ I need a response!

Please guys I'm still expecting responses from you all!!!!!! Please help a sister!!!!!!!
How can I submit a TCC as a student as the money I'm paying is in my account and had submitted my form A application 3 months ago using my bank account.
Can I get TCC as a student? Can I use my mother's TCC even though I'm not using her account to pay the money? I need a response please.. I'm in Canada and need to pay my tuition fee as it will soon be due!

What do I need to get a TCC as a student if it is possible please!!!! I'm running out of time and I emailed the bank they said that's the only document left for the disbursement to take place with me stating the BID rate

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ColdHunter(f): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2023
Chiefs. So I've narrowed my search to 4 universities and will be applying to all 4 of them for MSc.

They are
University of Manitoba - Paediatric and Child Health
Simon Fraser - Gerontology
Memorial University of Newfoundland - Health Ethics or Public Health and
University of Alberta - Public Health.

My query is on searching for a supervisor as it's a prerequisite. When mailing the supervisor is there a template I should use or are there specific information I should to include to improve my chances of favorable response?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Samade7: 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2023
Bobomaigida:

After your passport is stamped, you will receive an introduction letter which you will travel with. The PPR letter is different, that was a request for you to submit your passport.

The introduction letter is a letter given to you by IRCC to show CBSA agents when you land in Canada.

Thanks sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2023
ColdHunter:
Chiefs. So I've narrowed my search to 4 universities and will be applying to all 4 of them for MSc.

They are
University of Manitoba - Paediatric and Child Health
Simon Fraser - Gerontology
Memorial University of Newfoundland - Health Ethics or Public Health and
University of Alberta - Public Health.

My query is on searching for a supervisor as it's a prerequisite. When mailing the supervisor is there a template I should use or are there specific information I should to include to improve my chances of favorable response?

Just check the program pages of the school and you will definitely find instructions on how to contact a prospective supervisor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2023
StanOyiga72:
PPR Alert!!!!

The truth is I never thought I would type those words this year. My journey has been rough but God's grace stood for me. Before anything I would like to thank 3 people who helped me psychologically and materially during this process. Zubizareta, Subzero, and another random NL user like me whom I don't even know their username but we discuss our applications on WhatsApp. I can't thank these people well enough. Zubizareta was always there for me and was so genuinely invested in my application. Subzero was almost like my elder brother and the third user guided me like he knew me from Adam. Even though I just randomly mailed him.

These 3 were God sent to me and are the reason I tried one more time for this study permit after 2 refusals.

My application timeline

Submitted 15th November
Medical Pass 24th November
Eligibility Started 27 November
PPR 1 December
Total 15 days.

Documents submitted
To be very honest with you, there was nothing special about my application. The same documents I submitted gave me refusal in August and I only showed higher proof of funds.

Financial Documents

Letter of Finance Explanation (with table showing detailed financial plan)

Tuition Schedule and how I intend to pay my fees

Funding letters by the department and by my supervisor (funding of $32,000)

Documents showing proof of sold car

Approval of Study Leave Payment by my company

Recommendation letter by my company's founder

Recommendation letter by my University of Manitoba Supervisor

Documents showing events and trainings sponsored by my company

Bank Statement (4 months showing 10million)

Study leave approval letter from my company

Land property deed gift document

Land survey document

I and my wife's business registration documents

Proof of rent paid for space for the business

Invoices for clients

My father's letter of sponsorship (explaining that he will strictly paying for my flight to and from Canada)

My fathers bank statements (showing around 3 million)

Other Documents (Client information)

A 3 paged SOP

Employment letter

Promotion offer letter

Proof of research work

Acceptance letter

Marriage certificate

Degree Certificate

BSC transcript

NYSC certificate

CV

Police Certificate

Extra im1249 page

From someone who has been refused twice by Canada and once by U.S with 2 of those rejections coming in span of one month, my sincere prayer for whoever is reading this is that you may feel the exact same joy I am feeling right now. My wife always tells me this and I will tell you now.."If this is what you really want, if you are sure in your heart that this is the path for you, then keep trying".

Please I can we chat privately. Kindly reach out to me
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2023
Please guys can I go for medicals using my passport data page on my phone,the passport is not physically with me now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kenn55: 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2023
Augrere2022:

GIC 13k cad
USD 5k
Closing balance 9m
I did not declare the 9m I only declared 13k cad and 5k usd.

Congrats.
Please what bank did you do the GIC?

@ All,

Please what will happen if you use your money to do a GIC for someone and they didn't get a visa, how would you recover your money?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2023
Neche207:
Please guys can I go for medicals using my passport data page on my phone,the passport is not physically with me now.
No you need the hard copy. Get it waybill to you ur location
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Euroadams: 2:42pm On Dec 02, 2023
Please whenever a gift deed of say N1 - 3million is received, is it required to request and include the donor's account statement and also explain the source of his funds.

Please kindly share some light
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Baphil: 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2023
Application submitted on 26th October 2023.
Upfront medical passed on the 1st of November 2023
PPR on the 29th of November 2023
I applied while in Canada but routed it as one applying from Nigeria since I was in Canada as a visitor.

God showed me mercy in every step - getting a school, being interviewed and being accepted for Masters in Counseling and then my visa without paying school fees.

Documents submitted
1. My 3 international passports with all visas and stamps starting with the newest one.
2. Letter of Acceptance with receipt of $500 Acceptance fee.
3. Official letter from my school for my work co-op explanation.
4. My National Identity (old and new)
5. My US non immigrant visa page
6. Proof of funds with an estimate of $60, 000CAD. Money was in Naira, USD and CAD.
7. Additional documents including:
a. My statement of purpose stating why I am going to study Counseling as a lawyer. My SOP was 10 pages because I had a lot of explaining to do. The US had denied me 4 times even after I had started online -(US study visa F1 even though I have their visit visit - B1/B2). My last denial was in Canada.
b. Letter of Introduction from an NGO where I volunteer as an uncertified counselor
c. Letter of Introduction from my Law Firm.
d. Letter of confirmation of employment from my Law Firm.
e. My Law Firm's CAC documents
f. My CV
g. My school application essays
h. My LOA from my US school
i. My scholarship letter from my US school.
j. My transcript from my US school.
k. My SEVIS form from my US school
l. My upfront medical report
m. My Law school transcript
n. My university transcript
o. My Law School grade and call to bar certificates
p. My University certificate
q. My CAC accreditation card
r. My marriage certificate
s. Newspaper publication of change of name
t. Some religious certificates from University, Youth service (NCCF).
u. NYSC certificate
v. Birth, WAEC, Secondary Scool Testimonial, First School Leaving certificates
x. NYSC legal aid council and peer education course on AIDS/HIV training certificates
y. Law school sports week certificate
z. My expired (lol) Duolingo English Test result

Other documents:
- My Covid-19 certificate and the e-copy
- A certificate from participatory course I attended in the UK
- My international driver's permit. My national driver's license was not out when I submitted.
- My Power of Attorney and survey plan in respect of my land.
- My Lagos State Residents Registration Agency Card
- A certificate from a program I participated in in the US.
- My LAWMA utility bill receipt
- My Local Government Identification certificate
-My Law School letter of commendation for participating in practice week
- 9 family pictures

In all I had a 95-paged additional documents as client information (optional documents)

I used the new portal which I also used for my visit visa in December last year.

I noticed that the duration of both visit and study visas was just the same - one month, 3 days. I am wondering if it is the same officer that evaluated both.

I was so afraid when my study visa passed 2 weeks but just kept praying and trusting God. I sent a webform to Canada and 3 emails to Nairobi in November. Tracking it did not really give so much details until PPR came on the 29th of November 2023.

May the Lord answer all awaiting their approvals - AMEN!!!

Stardor:
Congratulations, can you pls share details of documents you submitted?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Immacbaby: 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2023
Immacbaby:
Please guys I'm still expecting responses from you all!!!!!! Please help a sister!!!!!!!
How can I submit a TCC as a student as the money I'm paying is in my account and had submitted my form A application 3 months ago using my bank account.
Can I get TCC as a student? Can I use my mother's TCC even though I'm not using her account to pay the money? I need a response please.. I'm in Canada and need to pay my tuition fee as it will soon be due!

What do I need to get a TCC as a student if it is possible please!!!! I'm running out of time and I emailed the bank they said that's the only document left for the disbursement to take place with me stating the BID rate

Thank you.

Hi Nairaland, does it mean I'm the only one they are asking to bring the TCC? Does it mean there are no students here that submitted a TCC for their form A?
Why are my not getting a response? I know how many people that have mailed me from this platform since I came to Canada a year ago that I directed willingly. This is trying to teach me that people here are for their own personal reasons! I'm asking because I'm not in Nigeria Currently if not I would gone out to find a solution. This is teaching me a lesson in a hard way!
It is well!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Atturu: 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

Yes sure they offer flexible payment plan for their students. You can give it a trial.

It will end in praise

Good afternoon boss

I'm about to apply on the school website. Will I be ask to pay the deposit fee immediately I apply or i will have to pay few days after I apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Atturu: 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2023
Good afternoon bosses in the house

I'm about to apply on aschool website. Will I be ask to pay the deposit fee immediately I apply or i will have to pay few days after I apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilola8139(f): 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2023
Frankrobbn1:

When it comes to calculating Proof of Funds (POF) for your visa application, it's always best to rely on the official platform provided by the immigration authority, in this case, the IRCC platform. They have specific guidelines and requirements for calculating POF, so using their platform ensures that you're following the correct process. While Oanda is a reputable platform for currency exchange rates, it's not specifically designed for POF calculations. So, stick with the IRCC platform to ensure accuracy and compliance with their guidelines.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ“Š

It will end in praise
please I need your help on visa application Iโ€™m a bit confused because of the pof needs please donโ€™t know how we can talk on Whatapp please help
A sister
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OTUNBAFUTA: 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2023
I am glad to inform you all that, my tuition deposit has been acknowledge today. Thanks to CadRemit for this great job. The payment was delivered within 5 working days.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (463) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: huzzman, Alwaysachick, Rousel(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.