Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (428292 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by missbizzy(f): 1:52am On Aug 09, 2023
Please can you also include me in the telegram group. I'm also going to humber in January 2024.

ItzRay:
Yes Humber's initial deposit if the full first semester fees and it has ro reach the school before the given date for you to secure your seat in the school.

I'm for Humber too, January intake and there's a Telegram group with current and incoming students.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Accessed: 1:52am On Aug 09, 2023
Pheranmie2023:
Am I the only one one this table?.
I want to apply for spousal work permit and the application is bringing me imm5707 form instead of imm5645 family information. They both have similar things but 5707 doesn’t have siblings informations. I don’t really know where I am missing it. I have the questionnaire again and again but still giving me the same thing. Someone should pls help me🙏

I think you are okay. That's what i filled for my spousal open work permit application and got approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gideon19: 2:32am On Aug 09, 2023
Good day all,

Pls I am about to apply for study permit VISA for my wife while I apply for SOWP and our baby (2 years) will be on a visitors VISA (I will like to know if this is the expectation, please).

My passport will expire next year and my Wife's passport is still carrying her maiden name (although, she has sworn affidavit already) and it will expire by 2026 (although, she will be going for a 2 years course of study).

Do we need to renew all passports (myself and hers) while she also renew hers (cos of the change of name, as she used her new name in the admission process).

Is it a must to also get all 3 passports ready before VISA application as we are already trying to sort out the Baby's passport.

Responses will be well appreciated.

We are looking at Jan 2024 (Seneca).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Larryjam: 2:47am On Aug 09, 2023
For the first question, yea, that’s the expectation
Second question, it’s not an issue if your wife still bears her maiden name on her passport, but if you wish to change her maiden name to yours, it’s still not an issue. Just know that either ways, you still need to back it with sworn affidavits. But you said she used her new name in admission process.. and submitted the passport that bears her maiden name? How?
Lastly, don’t let me say when you apply coz that’s not when the passport validity matters, when you get a positive decision and you are requested to send your passport, it must have at least 6 month validity. So it’s now your choice to decide what you want to do. As you still have time to do that.
And yes, all passports have to be ready to be able to apply. I hope I’ve been able to respond to all questions?
gideon19:
Good day all,

Pls I am about to apply for study permit VISA for my wife while I apply for SOWP and our baby (2 years) will be on a visitors VISA (I will like to know if this is the expectation, please).

My passport will expire next year and my Wife's passport is still carrying her maiden name (although, she has sworn affidavit already) and it will expire by 2026 (although, she will be going for a 2 years course of study).

Do we need to renew all passports (myself and hers) while she also renew hers (cos of the change of name, as she used her new name in the admission process).

Is it a must to also get all 3 passports ready before VISA application as we are already trying to sort out the Baby's passport.

Responses will be well appreciated.

We are looking at Jan 2024 (Seneca).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Army2022: 4:01am On Aug 09, 2023
Hello good people, please do anyone have an available room or shared apartment for rent in Kitchener, close to Doon Campus? (I am single)
If yes, please can you also state the amount here🙏.
I've already checked Kijiji. I hope to get something cheaper , plus I would prefer a fellow Nigerian as a roommate or flat mate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 4:05am On Aug 09, 2023
Holywizard:
how you seen someone that has gone through this part before?

Yes. And that's actually seem to be your best and only option seeing as you said your sponsor might be discouraged if you try to change dli now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by theoldG: 4:55am On Aug 09, 2023
Hello house. Please I would like opinions on what to do in regards to my application that was submitted on the 31st July by an agent. I just discovered yesterday after going through my application portal that there some errors in my application. Instead of stating that my intending course is for 2 years, the agent mentioned it as a 1 year programme and quoted tuition fees for 1 year. This is contrary to what is stipulated in my letter of acceptance. I submitted my LOA and POF for the duration of the 2 years course to him. I have made him realise his error and told him off in no clear terms. Please I would like to ask what I can do to correct this wrong information as the application has already been submitted and whether this will have any adverse effect on the final decision of the application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by D3j1: 7:20am On Aug 09, 2023
Please, anyone with accommodation leads in Peterborough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by StanOyiga72: 7:43am On Aug 09, 2023
ubfacility:
We applied on the 15th of May and got PPR today. My wife and I.

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OlasubomiJebe(f): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2023
Lemziy:

I got admission for Trent, Peterborough but for Winter 2024
same for me, can we communicate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OlasubomiJebe(f): 9:12am On Aug 09, 2023
scanice:
Greetings Everyone,
Is anyone going to Trent University, Peterborough or Durham Toronto, Ontario?

Kindly reach out please. Let's connect.
perterborough January 2024

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Spares: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2023
Good morning everyone.
Please eligibility that have started takes how long to be completed?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TruthSocial: 10:07am On Aug 09, 2023
hi Samuel, please how long did it take to get your application processed and your admission package sent to your email ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yankison(m): 10:15am On Aug 09, 2023
gotousa2013:

You have been duly informed. CAN college doesnt give pgwp. Albeit, it’s government that grants work permits not people.good luck

OK is there no way one can apply for work permit while studying or after graduation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OkoyeAka(m): 10:24am On Aug 09, 2023
My friend used 580, he said it was like 1M difference using flywire
zubizareta:

Pls what is their rate for today??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:30am On Aug 09, 2023
You can add any document using the webform, if your letter offer and your POF is 2yrs, but he stated 1yr the VO might see it as a mistake, but to be safe you can use a letter of explanation correcting those mistake then use webform to add your documents, use the link below to add documents
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application
theoldG:
Hello house. Please I would like opinions on what to do in regards to my application that was submitted on the 31st July by an agent. I just discovered yesterday after going through my application portal that there some errors in my application. Instead of stating that my intending course is for 2 years, the agent mentioned it as a 1 year programme and quoted tuition fees for 1 year. This is contrary to what is stipulated in my letter of acceptance. I submitted my LOA and POF for the duration of the 2 years course to him. I have made him realise his error and told him off in no clear terms. Please I would like to ask what I can do to correct this wrong information as the application has already been submitted and whether this will have any adverse effect on the final decision of the application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2023
Yes, sometime you get your PPR and even sent your passport for stamping your eligibility will still be in processing.
Spares:
Good morning everyone.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tarmmey: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2023
Hello please i am confused I didn’t submit an upfront medical and my medicals changed to pass. My medicals already expired since june. I hope there is nothing to bother about. Eligibility started already too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MumiOlivia: 10:40am On Aug 09, 2023
yankison:

OK is there no way one can apply for work permit while studying or after graduation

If you are going with CAN-COLLEGE, get your study permit first, you can always change institution. This information is even written on their sites. You can change DLI and move to another school that offers PGWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Queenslee(f): 10:40am On Aug 09, 2023
OkoyeAka:
My friend used 580, he said it was like 1M difference using flywire

Which payment service did your friend use?
Was the rate 580? Or that's flywire rate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lemziy: 10:42am On Aug 09, 2023
OlasubomiJebe:
same for me, can we communicate?

Sure, share a way to connect to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MumiOlivia: 10:42am On Aug 09, 2023
Holywizard:
have you seen someone that has gone through this part before?

Yes, and ot works. If at all you don't want to change immediately, after one year of study in that school, you can also go to another college and study for additional one year. Making it 2years. This can make yoi eligible for 3years PGWP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lemziy: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2023
Good morning everyone,

For a two-year course, do I need to sure the tuition for the 2 years or just 1 year is fine + 1 year living expenses?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gideon19: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2023
Larryjam:
For the first question, yea, that’s the expectation
Second question, it’s not an issue if your wife still bears her maiden name on her passport, but if you wish to change her maiden name to yours, it’s still not an issue. Just know that either ways, you still need to back it with sworn affidavits. But you said she used her new name in admission process.. and submitted the passport that bears her maiden name? How?
Lastly, don’t let me say when you apply coz that’s not when the passport validity matters, when you get a positive decision and you are requested to send your passport, it must have at least 6 month validity. So it’s now your choice to decide what you want to do. As you still have time to do that.
And yes, all passports have to be ready to be able to apply. I hope I’ve been able to respond to all questions?

Sure, thanks a lot.

and for this...she did not submit the passport, she was only told to use the name that will appear on her passport and since we already have the intention of name change, she just used my name instead of her maiden name (during the whole admission process).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Larryjam: 11:29am On Aug 09, 2023
When did it start?
Spares:
Good morning everyone.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Larryjam: 11:31am On Aug 09, 2023
Lol why are you worried? Yours is to wait till IRCC decides to tell you what next to do. My own opinion though. I might be wrong…

tarmmey:
Hello please i am confused I didn’t submit an upfront medical and my medicals changed to pass. My medicals already expired since june. I hope there is nothing to bother about. Eligibility started already too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mikkosh11: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2023
Good morning, please I want to confirm if I can still meet up with my pof , they just gave me admission into Fleming college Toronto in Canada for January intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2023
Lemziy:
Good morning everyone,

For a two-year course, do I need to sure the tuition for the 2 years or just 1 year is fine + 1 year living expenses?

This use to be applicable before but now, everyone is trying to play safe to avoid refusals. You can take the risk but be sure to do a convincing sop on how the second year cost will be comfortably covered. Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2023
Mikkosh11:
Good morning, please I want to confirm if I can still meet up with my pof , they just gave me admission into Fleming college Toronto in Canada for January intake

What do you mean by meeting up with your proof of funds

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (475) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.