Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido (39038 Views)

Davido Unfollows Aide, Israel DMW Over Apology On 'jaye Lo' Video / ’jaye Lo’ : Davido Deletes Controversial Video Amid Backlash / Logos Olori's 'Jaye Lo' Video Causes Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by olusogo: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2023
BigYash:
And will his life be stagnant,if he had chosen not to apologize? Fvck those terrorists fighting for their god who can’t fight for himself ,they can’t even get close to Darvidoh when they see him.. OBO Fvck up for deleting that video.. He no act like strong man when him claim to be.. Na why I like Burner boy.. He no dey fear any modafucker

Salma Rushdie did blasphemy and the whole West could not protect him until he has his eyes removed. Davido dares not try it.
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by omoluka: 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
Gandrova:
When an old man that is supposed to be a peace maker is fuelling an issue, don't you think he has overstayed his welcome?
You are simply a torrorist, go and apologize for killing Deborah first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by kingthreat(m): 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2023
BigYash:
Those idiots can't do shit e. The reason why they keep misbehaving is this mindset you have towards them.. If everybody mind dey like my own en.. Bros forget o..

Guy many people with that kind mind dey down below. Choose your battles. Muslims are willing to kill over a seeming insult on their faith. Let them be abeg.
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by sotall(m): 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tommydare:
Is this jealousy from an atheist? They show off but an atheist doesn't have anything to show ba?

Jealous of what exactly?

With the high rate of corruption, social vices and negative consequences arising from religious indoctrination, the society will be better off than you lots.

Dont you see a correlation between the bad state of Nigeria and the increasing number of religious centers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by BigYash: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
kingthreat:

Guy many people with that kind mind dey down below. Choose your battles. Muslims are willing to kill over a seeming insult on their faith. Let them be abeg.
The Muslims them no dey die too? Na this una fear fear,make them dey waste Christians anyhow. When they killed Deborah, nothing happened to the killers. But if na Christians kill their own like that,only God knows what would have happened. See owo killing that time. Till now,nothing happened to the killers. This talk dey make me vex more this afternoon.. Make una forget,

1 Like

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by omoluka: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Aboki99:
Over rated idiot.

Nobel Prize is a political crown.

Wole is not the most intelligent Nigerian

Wole is not even the most intelligent Nigerian literary icon.

This is I know for a fact.
This country has no future obviously, religion has destroy you northern Muslim
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by illicit(m): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
ignis:

You should not teach English then, I think English should teach you.

I swear

grin
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by omoluka: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
Kossyso:
Let's all agree to divide this country make everyone rest. We are totally different in all ramifications!
This country has no future with the ill illiterate Muslim fanatics in the north
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by bayplus: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2023
jullary:
And el-rufai never step out of his boundry when he insulted christ?! Did he apologise,NO!
Why killing deborah? She never insulted them ooo, just an advice, she got killed and no apology tender to christians or to her church,
instead all the islam elites supported it.
Davido should not tender any apology.
My father is a chief iman am christian i do tell him that muslims cant take 1% of what christians endure from them. Lets see if christian-christian ticket will work next election.

Which your father is a chief imam?

Chief imam of where?

You can lie to yourself.

I am a proud Muslim, I do not subscribe to violence against fellow humans in any shape or form.

I see every being as deserving of respect and dignity.

Muslims are not allowed to have Fridays as their worship days like Christians freely do.

Most companies especially under Christian leaders are not allowed to go to mosques to pray, many sadist lecturers prefer to set Exams and tests on Friday during the Jummu'ah period, uptill now many govt schools especially in the south do not allow Muslim girls to wear Hijab, we see all these discrimination on a daily basis.

But those assisted by the colonial oppressors who colonized us with Bible will still be the ones to cry fowl.

As for Tinubu's Muslim-Muslim ticket, it is if no value to average Muslim. He tool the decision for his political survival, never consulted any Muslim. We all buy petrol, food stuff etc at same price, so what relevance is that to the issue at hand?

As for Wole Soyinka's advice.

Davido knows he has more to lose if he doesn't apologize, none of the people advising him not apologize will help him if he were to incur or suffer any damages as a consequence of his refusal.

Every body can talk because talk is cheap, the burden is on Davido and he has apologized and take down the offensive part of the video.

That shows he is wise and smart. If I were in his shoes, I will do the same to protect his business.

Chikena
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by stormborn28(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2023
Puss360:
Let him apologize and let's move on with our lives....

He won't apologize.. People should go and think of how to feed their family for this Tinubu economy. That should be our primary concern

1 Like

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by hiltop2: 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
I wonder why people celebrate nonsense, spewing meaningless jargons just.to mesmerize the audience doesn't amount to wisdom, an old man fa, well, what do we expect from a man that cannot even keep a family value... S'agba di were
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Canvass: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2023
Righthussle:
Make I summarise am for Una because this article no be for people wey graduate with pass, third class or 2.2 .

Him say make Davido no apologize.

Abeg na joke oo.

Correct. I no understand all that grammar. All thanks to you, I now understand what the man said.
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Gandrova: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2023
omoluka:

You are simply a torrorist, go and apologize for killing Deborah first
Deborah stupidity caused her death. Knowingly fully she was born and brought up in North, Niger State precisely. there are some things you don't joke with, religion is one of them.
When you are in Rome behave like Roman.
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Gandrova: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2023
olusogo:

Salma Rushdie did blasphemy and the whole West could not protect him until he has his eyes removed. Davido dares not try it.
He could only hide just for decades
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Ralph117: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
Nigeria is a secular state it doesn’t belong to any religion or group if they’re offended they should hug transformer el Rufai has said worst about Jesus Christ and nothing happen because we know the God we serve

IconicR:
Atheist Soyinka should keep quiet, if anything happens now he'll not be affected and besides Davido stepped out of his boundaries. You know quite well that Muslims don't joke with their religion yet you dare them expecting no reaction because you are Davido smh. Northeners don't even rate all these musicians, don't look for trouble and cry fowl over how they react
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by realmindz: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2023
We need men like Wole Soyinka in Nigeria and Africa .

Religion needs to be kicked out of this continent

Most especially the religion of terror

1 Like

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by stormborn28(m): 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
I swear nothing will happen, let's not deceive ourselves. Davido should dare them and see, when I saw the video I totally condemn it, I don't like people creating unnecessary trouble that could be avoided. If christians joke with their religion then let it remain with christianity but they should not force it down the throat of others. Davido is foolish to have posted that video

Nonsense talk. A time will come when the final battle will be determined and all religion will pass away..no one is a monopoly of violence.

1 Like

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by stormborn28(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
Gandrova:
He could only hide just for decades

Same with Osama. He was taken out when is cup was full.

2 Likes

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by GoodIsGod: 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2023
Puss360:
Let him apologize and let's move on with our lives....

Has the Muslims who stopped the Traditional worshipers from performing rites to their God appologized?

Cover face for Islam.

Troubles all the time.

1 Like

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Incrediblekutty(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
MAKAPOLY:
Do they still make them like Soyinka anymore? No, I strongly doubt it. Look at him, a moving train of unparalleled wisdom transiting knowledge on the rail of justice. Distinguished by all standard; sworn,proven and coveted eternally. Strands of grey hairs oozing longevity like pyrotechnics fireworks, who else crossed the mediterranean without a Moses rod just to ink his name on those high mountains in Sverige with gel pens and poetic overtones. 1986? Yes, you guessed right!! Let us all build for him a castle of gold surrounded with alexandrite, emerald, sapphire and ruby. On his crown? Let there be measures of the precious Kohinoor. He came to us from the rock city and now his watch is preseverd forever.

Your own don pass Baba own now!! You dey craze nii 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by NeoWanZaeed(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
Professor...

Making comments without seeing the clip...lol.

I stopped reading when he said he didn't see the clip
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by kingthreat(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2023
BigYash:
The Muslims them no dey die too? Na this una fear fear,make them dey waste Christians anyhow. When they killed Deborah, nothing happened to the killers. But if na Christians kill their own like that,only God knows what would have happened. See owo killing that time. Till now,nothing happened to the killers. This talk dey make me vex more this afternoon.. Make una forget,

Ok ooo. It is well sha.

1 Like

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Tommydare(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2023
Without religion it will be worse baba. Religion cautioned most people from bad deeds. If there was no religion, the situation will be worse than these.
sotall:

Jealous of what exactly?

With the high rate of corruption, social vices and negative consequences arising from religious indoctrination, the society will be better off than you lots.

Dont you see a correlation between the bad state of Nigeria and the increasing number of religious centers?

1 Like

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Oomardesigns: 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
angry you'll be happy if a 15 years old call you a dumb goat or ur father as slowpoke now? If u dnt respect ur own father,you should@ least respect the ones outside. Pray u even reach 40-50 years old.

Ipobcriminal indeed. Soyinka is an old fool. He is just after the headline
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Raphealb2k: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2023
I support wole shoyinka those yoruba Muslim to get lost , no apology for them there is not bad in the music cool
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by sotall(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tommydare:
Without religion it will be worse baba. Religion cautioned most people from bad deeds. If there was no religion, the situation will be worse than these.
Wrong assertion!

Go check the countries around the world with little or no religion.

The less the religion the better the country.
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2023
illicit:
Even though I understand and teach English

This Baba's English doesn't always understand me

shocked

grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Segzy19: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
Bleep the apology!

Shit religion
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by Tommydare(m): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2023
So, are you telling me that US, UK, Israel,
UAE, Saudi Arabia, CHINA, INDIA are not better countries? Japan, North Korea etc that are less religious, are they better than the countries i mentioned?
sotall:

Wrong assertion!

Go check the countries around the world with little or no religion.

The less the religion the better the country.

1 Like

Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by sotall(m): 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tommydare:
So, are you telling me that US, UK, Israel,
UAE, Saudi Arabia, CHINA, INDIA are not better countries? Japan, North Korea etc that are less religious, are they better than the countries i mentioned?

US, UK, Israel, China are not religious countries.

When you talk of religious countries obvious examples should be Nigeria, Iran, Afghanistan, Indian, Pakistan, UAE, Sudan, etc...with exception of UAE(oil money) , one thing they all have in common is poverty.

Infact, only few religious countries are an exception to my assertion. Majority of religious countries aee not prosperous nor have good government.
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by PrinceGallant: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2023
The grammar is incomprehensible, thus the whole message would have been useless hadn't the context been made known. If it was an ordinary person that wrote all those jargons, I would not have cared. Well, baba is entitled to his opinion but his opinion does not portray him as an elderly man. Agba ki i wa lọjà, kí orí ọmọ tuntun ó wọ.
Re: Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2023
johannu:
Considering that we are very religious in Nigeria, if our religiosity is for goodness' sake, Nigeria would be heaven on earth. But for the fact that Nigeria is a living hell, it suggests one thing, which is that we the Nigerian people are terrible human beings, wearing religion as face masks to deceive ourselves and commit abominable atrocities. Goddamn religion!

That's not the issue. The issue is that the 2 biggest religions in Nigeria were meant for other people. They are foreign hence the reason why they do not work in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wizkid 'No Stress' Is No1 In Nigeria & the US World chart according to ITunes / I Need A List Of Reputable Musicians You Can Easily Play Where Kids Are!! / Olamide Releases 999 EP Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.