Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria (3953 Views)

Nigeria In Danger Of Not Qualifying For Afcon 2017 / Benefits Of Nigeria Not Qualifying For Afcon 2015 / Professor Dies While Watching Nigeria/ethiopia Qualifying Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by omar22(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2011
Now Nigeria could clean the slate clean and start afresh all the Martins, Obi, Yobo, Taiwo and co need to be consigned to the trash can because I saw the 2006, 2008 and 2010 nations cup, it seems like we went there to make up the numbers.
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by enyoad(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2011
wait guy! what's 9jas faith here?
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by mensdept: 5:41am On Oct 09, 2011
omar22:

Now Nigeria could clean the slate clean and start afresh all the Martins, Obi, Yobo, Taiwo and co need to be consigned to the trash can because I saw the 2006, 2008 and 2010 nations cup, it seems like we went there to make up the numbers.

Since Siaone decided to retain the same thang, guess what, he got the same result-rubbish. I was a big supporter of him for 2 reasons

1. His achievements at the Youth level without obvious age cheating
2. The need to support Africa and African coaches instead of million dollar contracts for freakn Oyibo rejects

Yet, Siaone is currently not a good senior team coach, and should apologise for demanding big salary when he hadnt been tested.

Also, when you have politicians instead of those who know the game in charge of NFA/NFF, and no jail time for LULU and co, then you end up playing a silly friendly match schedule like Naija has been doing this year.
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by omar22(m): 6:54am On Oct 09, 2011
1. His achievements at the Youth level without obvious age cheating
2. The need to support Africa and African coaches instead of million dollar contracts for freakn Oyibo rejects

supporting African managers is one thing, African managers collecting brides of players is another story
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by michylabo(m): 10:20am On Oct 09, 2011
Well, dis also goes to show how much futball has changed in recent yrs, Some other big countries failed to qualify as well. As a nigerian, its painful dat the national team wld be at the mundial, but i think Siasia shld continue as coach and continue with the building process. Was impressed at his abilty to read the game and make good changes with the introduction of ik uche which lead to the goals. Ok he opened d midfield by withdrawing Joel Obi, but it doesnt change the fact that most times luck helps in futball. AVB did same wen he brought in Kalou against Valencia.
I must say I am really dissappointed with Taiye Taiwo and Ayenuba(keeper). Timing was all wrong. no wonder Milan fans are unhappy wit him. Nsofor played his heart out. Some did not see d importance of the game. e.g. on one occassion Emenike was contesting wit the referee and Nsofor rushed 2 get d ball off him so d game wld continue. Y draw d spotlight to ursef, Play d game and win d game for ur country not for ursef.
Hope dis wld serve as a learning curve for them all
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 09, 2011
I have already adopted ghana as country of choice for the up coming african cup of nations,am sorry super chickens una dey give people high blood pressure.
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by teemoe(m): 10:54am On Oct 09, 2011
Emzybrown:

I have already adopted ghana as country of choice for the up coming african cup of nations,am sorry super chickens una dey give people high blood pressure.

, My brother I join u in adopting ooo, Ghana continue to show that they are now our senior bros in all parameterz,
, I still believe we need to greatly improve our league so we can use it as a pool to source for talented home based players for the league,
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by teemoe(m): 11:00am On Oct 09, 2011
teemoe:

, My brother I join u in adopting ooo, Ghana continue to show that they are now our senior bros in all parameterz, 
, I still believe we need to greatly improve our league so we can use it as a pool to source for talented home based players for the league,

(, for the team)
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by Gbenge77(m): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2011
We didnt appear to have a clear cut strategy yesterday
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by asha80(m): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2011
the problem with nigerian football is mainly administration and not necessarily coaches or players
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by Otunbakay(m): 11:42am On Oct 09, 2011
Wrong! The entirety is our problem, u can not exempt any of the stakeholders - from the administrators to the attitude and willingness of the players to get possitive result.
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by maik: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2011
Walaha dey o, will the Super Chickens play against Ghana on tuesday.
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by mallorca(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2011
Ghana will still deal with them as usual
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by olajide8(m): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2011
A critic or a cynic you may call me but this is the reason -its a Good thing to remember, a better thing to do, work with the construction gang not the wrecking crew",
first let us look at the whole team
1. They are basking in the euphoria of the past teams 1992, 94 and atlanta 96 teams, these present boys are a group WASTE, watch very well they can't control balls well ball control 38%, the early nigerian team players open the international space for them to export themselves by any means not by discovering them but them export themselves for trials NONSENSE, and they rub big boyism in our face.
2. Attack we don't have, a natural strike like rashidi yekini is now very hard to find they refuse to develope chris santos, give him"rashidi yekini" the ball like him or not toe master or not, instep or not you are in trouble, his big and heavy on the ground you can't just fall him easily and when he is running towards you, you would feel a bull is coming, currently we don't have any striker, plz don't refer to yakubu ayeni because that one is a complete mis fit if his on the field he would make it seem you are playing without 3 players, coz he would always make wrong passes and kick the ball over the bar side netting name it but not inside the post, in any team I wonder how he manages to score-self
3. No supporting striker some who can play behind the striker and connect wingers to the striker and dribble a bit, like kanu.
4. Presently we only have one winger or possibly 2 ahmed musa and nsofor - the only problem is nsofor isn't a team player he is selfish though his still better then some others
5. Mid field plz we should forget mikel in life if you don't improve you would rot he hasn't improved so his becoming a burden and to add insult to injury because he plays in chelsea he feels to big, (thou I sound like I'm envious I can't play but I read the matches) rubbish they should allow joel obi play and not call mikel again, to the national team look at his mates messi, c ronaldo, the list is endless they are getting only better its because of money he is getting worst if he had gone to manchester united imagine what alex fergusson would have done to him (useless boy).
6. The wings where is echijile, what of this other boy that had an injury and was taken to south africa, taye tawio left legged-ness has messed him up he can't trap a ball with his right and that is the problem if we can't get striking wingers and defensive wingers then we should look for ball jogglers mid feilders and allow them to play all wings and mid field and attacking wings we have a thousand of them in nigeria
7. Defense only yobo what has happened to tella boys all of them with the except of lukman haruna whom was not matured enough as at the last time "pride",
8. Siasia sorry but what format are you playing its either you play with the ball in front and all the players behind running forward, that means you are attacking or the ball is behind and all the plays sheild the ball from the opponents defense, or the ball is in between the boys and they create shapes triangles rectangles etc that means you are holding for possible attack, the technical committee you also can't see, imagine jay jay not asking this kind of question maybe he doesn't know himself,  in all the whole team must be thrown away and local street boys drafted to the national team not this rubbisssshhhhhh.
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by BetaThings: 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2011
asha 80:

the problem with nigerian football is mainly administration and not necessarily coaches or players
The support that Siasia got is unique.
I blame Siasia
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by category(m): 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
Make we all support [b]NIGER[/b]ia cos they are an abrevation of our name,
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by SuyaEater(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2011
I have adopted ivory coast for nations cup they are bound to win it sometime with that loaded talent of theirs
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by Ekpekus(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2011
Nods in total agreement!
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2011
It's beta 4 us-nw we can clean our plates& rily focus on bringin in d 'best' of our playaz comin thru d ranks, @least,we can focus on 2014 WC & ACN,
bt siasia shld stop been egocentric & treat d playaz wt enuff respect, Respect is reciprocal
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by Otunbakay(m): 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2011
Really! No better blessings has come upon this country in recent time than the non-qualification of the lame chickens for the nations cup.
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by itiswell1(m): 6:37am On Oct 10, 2011
Otunbakay:

Really! No better blessings has come upon this country in recent time than the non-qualification of the lame chickens for the nations cup.

I no fit laugh o
Re: Nigeria Not Qualifying! The Best Thing That Could Happen To Nigeria by lysim: 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2011
it is well:

I no fit laugh o

Dis one no be laugh matter. Naija, oh my Naija.
How are the mighty fallen.

(1) (Reply)

Goal Update / Nairalander Gets Signed To Juventus Fc For €2 Million / See What Messi Looks Like After Snapchat Filters (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.