Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? (612 Views)

Wole Olanipekun Begs Tribunal Judges To Allow Only Tinubu &Atiku Incase Of Rerun / Buhari Sends Ministerial List To National Assembly / Ministerial List: Buhari May Retain Udoma, Lai Mohammed, Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by lafex: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2023
The president has only less than 48 hours to the 60 day deadline for the release of the ministerial list means that the president must release the list between today and Friday. It was said according to daily report that the president just replaced four people in the list who will need security checks before the final release.
My question is that;. Is there any penalty if the president fail to meet up with the deadline?
Why I ask this question is that alot laws are in the Nigeria constitution in which the constitution will only state the crime without the penalty and I start to wonder what those people that create the law were thinking when they were creating it because I don't think a law can work without penalty.
Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by successmatters(m): 11:24am On Jul 26, 2023
President?

Which President? grin

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by lafex: 11:38am On Jul 26, 2023
successmatters:
President?

Which President? grin
Park well
Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by Lovelive: 11:42am On Jul 26, 2023
As op, just look at your reply.

lafex:

Park well
Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by BabaRamota1980: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
OP,
This is a good observation. Constitution is not all about law and stipulations. In it we also find guidelines. Constitution is a subject all on its own, this is why it is an area of specialization in law. In many countries Constitution is sacred and treated with utmost respect. Our constitution is abused and lack virtue. Every little thing we reference constitution. I went to eat at buka and paid for stout but was served lager, argument start, I began curse everybody. Fight broke i come talk say i have freedom of expession guaranteed by constitution. grin. You see now.

The timeline on forming cabinet is an advisory. No law is broken by not meeting the timeline.

Like i said, there are several advisories in the constitution but we have given them too much weight and treat them as if they are law.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by garfield1: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
BabaRamota1980:
OP,
This is a good observation. Constitution is not all about law and stipulations. In it we also find guidelines. Constitution is a subject all on its own, this is why it is an area of specialization in law. In many countries Constitution is sacred and treated with utmost respect. Our constitution is abused and lack virtue. Every little thing we reference constitution. I went to eat at buka and paid for stout but was served lager, argument start, I began curse everybody. Fight broke i come talk say i have freedom of expession guaranteed by constitution. grin. You see now.

The timeline on forming cabinet is an advisory. No law is broken by not meeting the timeline.

Like i said, there are several advisories in the constitution but we have given them too much weight and treat them as if they are law.

He can be removed actually.the court can declare any punishment for him.by the way,adeleke and obaseki violated it
Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by helinues: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
How long did it take Buhari to unveil his ministers?
Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by BoldBrainz(m): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2023
Depends on if he's sued or petitioned in court to that effect. Then the court can decide on the requisite penalty. But this is Nigeria. We'll all just make noise on the internet and the media.
Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by Frizz001: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Is that now the benchmark? Must he get to the 6months that it took Buhari before we can ask questions? It is the unconscionable length of time Buhari took that led to the constitutional review of 60days after swearing in to appoint Ministers. Is Buhari now higher or more superior to the constitution that you now compare a constitutional provision to the madness displayed by Buhari? Must you exalt and support wrongdoing just because of tribe/religious/party affiliations?

helinues:

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by Frizz001: 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
On the contrary, if the Constitution or legislative instrument does not prescribe a penalty, the court cannot arbitrarily do so because there will be no backing for such a decision. It will amount to an exercise in futility.

BoldBrainz:
Depends on if he's sued or petitioned in court to that effect. Then the court can decide on the requisite penalty. But this is Nigeria. We'll all just make noise on the internet and the media.
Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by Varunpulyani: 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2023
helinues:

Helinues So you don't want to get a Job?
Re: Ministerial List Deadline; Any Penalty Incase Of Default? by ganisucks(f): 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2023
lafex:
The president has only less than 48 hours to the 60 day deadline for the release of the ministerial list means that the president must release the list between today and Friday. It was said according to daily report that the president just replaced four people in the list who will need security checks before the final release.
My question is that;. Is there any penalty if the president fail to meet up with the deadline?
Why I ask this question is that alot laws are in the Nigeria constitution in which the constitution will only state the crime without the penalty and I start to wonder what those people that create the law were thinking when they were creating it because I don't think a law can work without penalty.
The Hague is waiting for the fantastic ministers to be announced. They want to know how many cells they will prepare. Any amazing man or woman that is on that list should kiss his political career and freedom goodbye.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Would Be 71 Years, Atiku 84 Years In 8 Yrs, Will You Still Vote them? / NURTW Crisis: NLC Laments Tinubu Govt, Police Support For MC Oluomo’s Faction / Licenses Of 17 Discos And Gencos Due For Renewal Or Revocation Tomorrow Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.