Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? (11398 Views)

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Fight Between Yorubas And Nupes Now Bloody, In Kwara State - Ebiraland. / If You're Sick And Tired Of E-wars Between Yorubas And Igbos On NL - Vote Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by 9javoice1(m): 6:54am On Oct 09, 2011
1st- oyo state government throwing out ghananians in oyo state.
2nd- ghana government charging nigerians higher tax and asking them to go.
3rd- another sw government catching ghananian illegal immigrant in nigeria.
4th- ghana gholywood taxing nigeria actors and actress.
5th nollywood taxing ghananian actors and actress.
6th- ghananian making a music against nigeria "thank God we are not nigerians" (insulting yoruba cultures)
7th- yoruba musician make a music against ghana "thank God we are not ghananians"
8th- lagos state governor Fashola boasting about building more roads in his state than ghana as a nation has done.(What concerns ghana with lagos road)

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/11/12/lagos-has-built-more-roads-than-ghana-sleone-%E2%80%94fashola/

As a nigerian i dont wana jump into a trouble i dont know anything about. going by the resent events between
yoruba's and ghananians what is realy the problem ? do anybody knew the genesis of all these things.
pls if there are anything wrong between these folks they should count us out. i will defend yoruba's over a foreigner
anyday anytime as a good nigerian that i am but i really dont wana damble into an issue i dont know anything about.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by 9javoice1(m): 7:05am On Oct 09, 2011
We can't stand out and watch a stranger fight one of our own.
and we also can't afford to join forces with one of our own to fight the innocent.

pls we realy wana know what is wrong between yoruba's and ghananians.
we will be glad to get a clear informations without insults.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by aljharem3: 7:16am On Oct 09, 2011
There is no problem between Ghanains and Nigeria, no to talk of yorubas

Now yorubas are called anago or nago people but it is only in Nigeria they are known as yorubas there actual Name in Africa is anago.

Yorubas have been Migrating to accra since the early 1900s and the ghanas too have been migrating to SW nigeria since the early 1900. In fact Ghanas have a high population in states like Ondo, lagos, ogun and Oyo .

Yorubas have a very high population in Ghana as well Infact the highest in Ghana after Ghanaians themselves.

This to me indicate Ghanaians have no problem with Nigerians. Although they call any Nigerian anago which to them they use it to them means Nigerians but really it means Yoruba people which shows the influence of yoruba culture in ghana

also Yorubas learnt ayamase sauce and bean/garri from ghanaians.

There is no problem useless you want to create one since you are neither yoruba or ghanian.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by ekubear1: 7:28am On Oct 09, 2011
Most Ghanaian immigrants will probably have migrated to the SW part of Nigeria over any other zone. So more interaction with Yoruba than Hausa, Igbo, etc.

Also, the big deportation of Nigerians Ghana did in the 60s affected mostly Yoruba (google about this, you'll find a nice journal paper discussing it.)

Similarly, "Ghana-must-go" mostly affected Ghanaians in the SW.

Regarding Fashola's statement (and Gbenga Daniel who said something similar regarding Ogun State vs. Ghana), it is just powerful rhetoric to compare yourself to the accomplishments of another nation. In West Africa, Ghana is the only real other competitor. So makes sense to evaluate against them.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by ekubear1: 7:29am On Oct 09, 2011
I did find it somewhat interesting though in that "Thank God I am not a Nigerians" song how they think that Nigeria is limited to Yorubaland grin

Hehe
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by 9javoice1(m): 7:32am On Oct 09, 2011
alj haram pls am not into your insults and misunderstandings.
why cant you responed to a simple thread without insunuating evil?

i just figured out some issues and i want some body that knows better
to help me straight it out for me and some other folks that know little or not
about it.thanks and stick with the discussion. bye

pls we need some body that knew better to help.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by aljharem3: 7:35am On Oct 09, 2011
9ja voice:

alj haram pls am not into your insults and misunderstandings.
why cant you responed to a simple thread without insunuating evil?

Where is the insult in my post what part of my post is insultive to you ?

alj_harem:

Now yorubas are called anago or nago people but it is only in Nigeria they are known as yorubas there actual Name in Africa is anago.

Yorubas have been Migrating to accra since the early 1900s and the ghanas too have been migrating to SW nigeria since the early 1900. In fact Ghanas have a high population in states like Ondo, lagos, ogun and Oyo .

Yorubas have a very high population in Ghana as well Infact the highest in Ghana after Ghanaians themselves.

This to me indicate Ghanaians have no problem with Nigerians. Although they call any Nigerian anago which to them they use it to them means Nigerians but really it means Yoruba people which shows the influence of yoruba culture in ghana

There is no problem useless you want to create one since you are neither yoruba or ghanian.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by aljharem3: 7:42am On Oct 09, 2011
9ja voice:

No one knows better on a problem that was created by you

It is only advisable to compare yourself with an achiever and I guess Nigeria view Ghanians as achievers and Ghanains view yorubas as achievers since they believe Nigeria=yoruba. That is why I have always told NL yorubas and northerner to stop the comparisom with una, it drags down the achievments of hausa, fulani, yoruba and kanuri acheievement at the world stage unlike the pettiness by exchanging words with people like you and ur people.

I hope I have not insulted you but I am sure you would understand if you where yoruba, ghanaian, fulani, hausa, kanuri or bini.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by 9javoice1(m): 8:18am On Oct 09, 2011
alj haram,
you see you have tribalis the discusion here.
pls can you kindly quit this forum.
am a nice person i dont insult people ok.bye

tell me how nigeria must go translate into achiver and how
ghana must go translate into achiver.

tell me how hausa/fulani undevelopment translate into modern day developement.
if what you have upthere in sokoto means development then development is trash.stop comparing your backwardness with others.

if oyo governor and lagos governor should figure out ghananians that means there is something wrong between them.
during ghana must go situation,it was so hot in the sw while everyother areas in nigeria was minor.and during nigeria
must go it affected yorubas so much ,that means something was wrong.

my point is if there are any problem let it be solved and the society has to know it so that we will mind our steps. simple
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by aljharem3: 8:31am On Oct 09, 2011
9ja voice:

alj haram,
you see you have tribalis the discusion here.
pls can you kindly quit this forum.
am a nice person i dont insult people ok.bye

tell me how nigeria must go translate into achiver and how
ghana must go translate into achiver.

tell me how hausa/fulani undevelopment translate into modern day developement.
if what you have upthere in sokoto means development then development is trash.stop comparing your backwardness with others.

if oyo governor and lagos governor should figure out ghananians that means there is something wrong between them.
during ghana must go situation,it was so hot in the sw while everyother areas in nigeria was minor.and during nigeria
must go it affected yorubas so much ,that means something was wrong.

my point is if there are any problem let it be solved and the society has to know it so that we will mind our steps. simple

Look here, you tribalised it from the on set by your title "Between Yoruba and Ghana what is the problem"

I was civil enough to calmly explain to you but instead your reply was the most hypocritical post I have seen on NL by insinuating that I insulted by my first post.

During Ghana must go era, it was a Nigerian action against Ghanaian government who deported Nigerians back before Nigerians retaliated (which to me was childish). Now you come here specifying yorubas alone like they had the power to deport people out of the country without the FG.

Or do yorubas control immigration officers now ?

Also you talk of hausa/fulani underdevelopment but your people KEEP TRAVELLING TO THE NORTH IN VASE NUMBERS FOR social and financial stability each year . Why is that since the place is not developed ?

Let me tell you some thing you bigot, you create a problem where is there is none. Nigerians and Ghanaians have no problem with each other no to even talk of any particular ethnic group of Nigeria origin.

Again as i said earlier, I do not expect you and people that are as small minded as you to reason this through because all you see is tribe and ethnic groups, that is why I said others should not really come so low as to discuss with una;
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by musiwa48: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2011
people from ghana tend to be mean toward nigerian because nigeria deported them many year ago.
ghana president lived in nigeria before.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by 9javoice1(m): 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
i still blv there is prob hidden in the mind of ghananians
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by Amujale(m): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2011
musiwa.,.:

people from ghana tend to be mean toward nigerian because nigeria deported them many year ago.

Yes, but shortly after this Ghana had a great economic boom. So really they should be thanking us not persecuting. . .
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by tarano: 12:16am On Oct 10, 2011
It started with the battle of Atakpame , Oyo kingdom against Ashanti kingdom tuff war,
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by ak47mann(m): 12:26pm On Oct 10, 2011
May be that's why Ashanti s and the Yorubas have similar looks i believe they are blood related cool
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by born2boink(m): 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2011
Why did you forget the news

Ghanaian prostitutes complaining of Nigeria prostitutes overtaking their business in Ghana

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/09/03/sex-war-ghanaian-prostitutes-battle-nigerian-invaders/
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by numen(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2011
alj_harem:

The bold part is simply unnecessary. If you have any info as to whether there's beef or NOT between the two sides, say it. @poster don't let this thread be derailed, so people can contribute meaningfully.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by dangerzone: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2011
@poster, do u mean what is the problem btw the ghanians and yorubas OR the problem between ghanians and nigeria as a nation? you should think deeply and understand yourself b4 coming on NL and post useless post that doesnt even make a sense as if we on NL are mumu,if you are talking about a problem btw ghanians and yoruba then why should you use ghana gholywood taxing nigeria actors and actress and ghananian making a music against nigeria "thank God we are not nigerians that way i dont even understand if you are looking for what the problem is btw ghanians and yoruba or ghanians and nigerians because you MIXED things up,you do not make a sense.if you want to see problem go to LIBYA,SIRIA,YEMEN your mates r there witnessing live problems,people are thinking of how to make their lives better you are thinking of making a problem or thinking of where a problem is, i will advice you to use your head to think something meaningul,something people on NL will benefit from than coming here spitting shits OK,

I rest my case
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2011
Sometimes I wonder the kind of minds that post/respond to contributions on N/L topics. I also wonder if people ever read the responses they give; whether they are meant to address the questions, insult the contributors or what. Are these the future (Naija) leaders? One wonders when we get there (govt positions), how irresponsible our actions/inactions would be. Please, your words mirror you and say alot about your character. If you dont have anything to contribute, please read other people's comments. You dont have to wait for anybody to correct you or flog you into line. We are all one. Nigeria RONU.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by showstopa: 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2011
@ikkalu2002
Though I have fallen prey, once or twice U are making sense. You see in NIgeria, people's weaponry is their mouth and the least of anybody's concern is being civil. My dear when I read som epeople's response. Me sef I said na w ao
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by islamrules(m): 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2011
Its because of "Ghana-must-go". And it was the fault of Nigeria as a whole and not Yorubas alone. But yorubas associate with ghanians than other tribes. So it is Yorubas that ghanians will retaliate on
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by baslone: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2011
numen:

The bold part is simply unnecessary. If you have any info as to whether there's beef or NOT between the two sides, say it. @poster don't let this thread be derailed, so people can contribute meaningfully.

He might be wrong but his total contribution was on point, maybe you should reverse and re-read.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by BigMeat2: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2011
It is all down to jealously mentality by both set of people.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by LogicPower(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2011
eku_bear:

Most Ghanaian immigrants will probably have migrated to the SW part of Nigeria over any other zone. So more interaction with Yoruba than Hausa, Igbo, etc.

Also, the big deportation of Nigerians Ghana did in the 60s affected mostly Yoruba (google about this, you'll find a nice journal paper discussing it.)

Similarly, "Ghana-must-go" mostly affected Ghanaians in the SW.

Regarding Fashola's statement (and Gbenga Daniel who said something similar regarding Ogun State vs. Ghana), it is just powerful rhetoric to compare yourself to the accomplishments of another nation. In West Africa, Ghana is the only real other competitor. So makes sense to evaluate against them.

I think this is one of your most objective, serious and well-though-out posts of recent.

I agree 99% with all the points you made here; they are just so plausible and convincing.

But I know as soon as one of the usual suspects wittingly or unwittingly ignites the
fire of ethic bashing in the thread, you would be one of those who might find it very hard not to
fight back if they find their ethnicity 'under attack'.

In fact the subtle ethnic coloration of the thread, both in its title and subject matter, makes it so
'volatile' that I can see the NL ethnic warfare breaking out sooner rather than later.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by KINGwax(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2011
[color=#000099][/color] eku_bear, u knw there's a difference between 'a fool' and 'the fool'? Well, if u don't, u might want to ask a more higher-brained fellow cos you're jst 'the fool'.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by mjconcept(m): 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2011
Why can't we have a peaceful discussion without being tribalistic,the guy ask a question instead of helping him get answers people will insult him or her b/c of his tribe if u know no the answer kindly shut up i don't know when will we stop being childish and tackle issues like adults.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by Ekiti1: 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2011
[/quote]
alj_harem:

[quote author=numen link=topic=778013.msg9309601#msg9309601 date=1318247123]
the bolded part might be unnecessary but everything he said was spot on.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by bisiaet: 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2011
Please posters no need to attack each other the person we should tell to stop irrelevant posting on NL is the poster of this thread.

I see no commonsense in this thread because I dont understand what a hell is he talking about some folks are just too mischievious in everything and a full time scene creator.

What is the orblem btw Yoruba and Ghanians and he laid down point does this make any sense or how deos that now become our headache or do the Ghanian complain of any headache? The person who was slapped do not cry but the person who witnessed it now is the one crying. Rubbish
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by gisoj: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2011
this post has no meaning to me. since you are the one who know there is problem between yorubas and ghanians then do your research and tell us what the problem is. for me there is no problem between both people because am always in ghana and am a yoruba man. I have many of them as friends but i know that there is rivalry between Nigerians (not yorubas alone) and ghanians. and the rivalry is not a big deal it happens everywhere.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by isleman(m): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2011
alj_harem:

Point of corrections and assertion

1. Yorubas migrating from accra = correct

2. Ghanaians migrating to SW = correct

3. Yorubas called anago = very wrong

Anago is a tribe between kwara and tapa people (Niger state). If anybody refers to Yorubas as Anago, it is incorrect, perhaps you meant AWORI which are even some Lagosians and not yorubas in general. Anago is tribe which is partly yoruba and partly tapa. I have them as neigbours.

Cheers!
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by bisiaet: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2011
this post has no meaning to me. since you are the one who know there is problem between yorubas and ghanians then do your research and tell us what the problem is. for me there is no problem between both people because am always in ghana and am a yoruba man. I have many of them as friends but i know that there is rivalry between Nigerians (not yorubas alone) and ghanians. and the rivalry is not a big deal it happens everywh

Thank so much. Dont mind the jobless thread nonsense and rubbish.

Yoruba and Ghanian instead for him to say Nigeria and Ghanian now he is trying to shift ground why cant he say Abia State or whatever where a fellow Igbo man was deporting a fellow Igbo from his state and he is talking about Yoruba and Ghana and am very sure this poster will definately be one of my fellow east brother very sure of that.
Re: Between Yorubas And Ghanaians: What Is The Problem? by Ekiti1: 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2011
gisoj:

this post has no meaning to me. since you are the one who know there is problem between yorubas and ghanians then do your research and tell us what the problem is. for me there is no problem between both people because am always in ghana and am a yoruba man. I have many of them as friends but i know that there is rivalry between Nigerians (not yorubas alone) and ghanians. and the rivalry is not a big deal it happens everywhere.
ododo oro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Illuminati Card Game: Prophesy Or Conspiracy? / My View On Radio Biafra By A Northerner / Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.