Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival (873 Views)

ECOMOG Operations In Sierra Leone (Historical Images) / Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English / Babajide Sanwo-olu's Happy New Year Message. Speaks Igbo, Hausa, Egun (2) (3) (4)

People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by opamoses1: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
Yoruba people of the Gambia popularly called the Oku people are the Yoruba people in the Gambia and Sierra Leone. They are primarily the descendants of liberated Yoruba people who were released from slave ships and resettled in Sierra Leone and the Gambia. They settled as Libertad Africans or came as settlers in the mid-19th century.

They have kept the Yoruba culture and traditions as we have seen all over the Americas.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvCTO3zNchX/?igshid=M2MyMzgzODVlNw==

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by opamoses1: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2023

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by CannibalTorment: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
That is nice

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Ofemmanu1: 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2023
Yoruba Egungun For Sierra Leone and Gambia?
Same in Brazil, Portugal, UK, Togo, Benin Republic, Zimbabwe, Colombia, and the rest of the world.

I'm proud to be a Yoruba niggah!

IPOB terrorist no go like this news tho.

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Corn247: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2023
My people will always do things to make us proud everyday.

Yoruba people to the world

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Akaegwu(m): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2023
Chai. Something they can't do in Kwarra.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by raskymonojendor: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
There is something about the Yoruba culture that makes it survive everywhere. Yorubas are blessed people.

Yoruba culture and traditions everywhere you go.

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Exclusive101: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
I don't know how I will feel without being a yoruba

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Ogene001: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ofemmanu1:
Yoruba Egungun For Sierra Leone and Gambia?
Same in Brazil, Portugal, UK, Togo, Benin Republic, Zimbabwe, Colombia, and the rest of the world.

I'm proud to be a Yoruba niggah!

IPOB terrorist no go like this news tho.
Those were slaves dumped in Freetown after slave ship mad U turn on getting the news of ban in slave trade. Also note that they were all capture and sold by Benin and Fulani

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Ofemmanu1: 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ogene001:

Those were slaves dumped in Freetown after slave ship mad U turn on getting the news of ban in slave trade. Also note that they were all capture and sold by Benin and Fulani
Yes, they were sold..

Now look at em?!

The Slaves have become Kings again.

There are now better than the potopoto Jews.

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Error401: 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2023
But you are doing it on Nairaland, created by OLUWASEUN OSEWA
Why not go to the one created by INVICTUS OBI grin
Orie buru grin
Akaegwu:

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Error401: 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hospitality, respect, wisdom and entertainment
Yorubas are perfect in this regard
raskymonojendor:
There is something about the Yoruba culture that makes it survive everywhere. Yorubas are blessed people.

Yoruba culture and traditions everywhere you go.

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Godwin4444: 12:23am On Jul 28, 2023
Akaegwu:
born to hate Igbo

Yoruba no dey force people to associate with them unlike igbos that will always claim we south east/south south n south south dey always chop their eye

Imagine asari dey call your whole tribe derogatory names n u dare not do anything

Same military wing wey nnamdi kanu create wey land am for kuje na him asari dey flex n nothing do am

That simply tells u no level for u

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Godwin4444: 12:27am On Jul 28, 2023
Error401:
Orie buru grin
igbos will always cross their boundaries n I like how we always put them in their place

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Akaegwu(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2023
Asari is making noise because the government is responsible for his actions. Let him come to igbo land and make noise make we show am something
Godwin4444:
born to hate Igbo

Yoruba no dey force people to associate with them unlike igbos that will always claim we south east/south south n south south dey always chop their eye

Imagine asari dey call your whole tribe derogatory names n u dare not do anything

Same military wing wey nnamdi kanu create wey land am for kuje na him asari dey flex n nothing do am

That simply tells u no level for u
Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Akaegwu(m): 7:23am On Jul 28, 2023
Error401:
Orie buru grin
We don't support criminal. If you are legit, from north, west, South and east! we will support you and tap from your grace. We are not like you that support criminals because they are your brother's or sisters. Ye shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.
Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by FreeStuffsNG: 7:25am On Jul 28, 2023
My people my people cheesy Always carrying the Yoruba culture to everywhere they are.

I remember Pastor Ashimolowo saying that even when his Yoruba people were shipped against their will to far flung areas, the Yoruba alone took along with him his egungun and orishas. He was wondering how it was possible.

The Yoruba remain the most prominent and perhaps the only African tribal group that kept and preserved its culture and identity even in those foreign lands they got shipped to against their will. There's an old standing Yoruba House in Bahamas till date that was built by them to keep their memory and identity for yet unborn generations to know and never forget their roots as Yoruba

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by bhella10: 7:52am On Jul 28, 2023
Oodua a gbe wa o!

Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Dotherightthing: 8:21am On Jul 28, 2023
Yoruba for life! cool

Piiiggs have already invaded the thread cheesy

Envy-laden things cheesy
Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Racoon(m): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2023
Meanwhile, the Fulani empire in Ilorin back home said they don't have any right to do any of such thing except with its express permission.
Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Godwin4444: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2023
Akaegwu:
Asari is making noise because the government is responsible for his actions. Let him come to igbo land and make noise make we show am something
even u know say all na mouth
Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Error401: 10:21am On Jul 28, 2023
Please create your own app and rant as you like, this is a YORUBA website, Thanks .
Abeg Me no hate Igbos ooo, me just dey catch cruise ni o, as una dey yab us everytime, I say make I chook mouth. Na that Ibadan vs Onitsha thread pain me pass shocked

Akaegwu:
We don't support criminal. If you are legit, from north, west, South and east! we will support you and tap from your grace. We are not like you that support criminals because they are your brother's or sisters. Ye shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.
Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by BeninRefugees: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2023
While some are not allowed to do that in kwara

Hahahaha grin

Fulani do Una shege banza grin
Re: People Of Yoruba Descent In Sierra Leone And The Gambia Celebrate Egun Festival by Akaegwu(m): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2023
Error401:
Please create your own app and rant as you like, this is a YORUBA website, Thanks .
Abeg Me no hate Igbos ooo, me just dey catch cruise ni o, as una dey yab us everytime, I say make I chook mouth. Na that Ibadan vs Onitsha thread pain me pass shocked

Only Yorubas can't give the site the broad spectrum that will fetch the owner cool money. All these posts your seeing is being sponsored by the site owner to generate traffic. That's cool cash. Know this and have peace ✌️.

Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN / Breaking News Suffering, Hunger & Starvation Takes Over Nigeria / Video: Rivers People Sends Wike Packing List Conditions To Return