Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,325 members, 7,864,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? (54414 Views)

Between Kenneth Okonkwo Of LP And Festus Keyamo Of APC Defending Manifesto / Fayemi, Obaseki, Ganduje And Sanwo-Olu In Lagos (Photos) / Dino Melaye And Festus Keyamo Laugh, Shake Hands After Asking Him To Sing Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by obuburam: 4:25am On Jul 28, 2023
Na him Sabi but those men can still get board members but Ganduje will get APC chairmanship position.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by dotedote: 4:51am On Jul 28, 2023
Did he promise you they were gonna be there ?
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by zomby(m): 5:36am On Jul 28, 2023
Jagaban is not a fool; unlike the igbos, the man doesn’t make his moves based only on senseless sentiments and baseless emotions. He is a master strategist…

For now, Jagaban didn’t pick Ganduje because the man has a fresh pending court case..Therefore, he will not be confirmed; so, no time to waste. But Ganduje will end up getting something meaningful when the time is right.

Jagaban didn’t pick Festus because the man simply doesn’t have the necessary experience..

Finally, Jagaban didn’t pick FFK because a house rat must be kept far away from the house.. or else he will end up bringing down the house.
Prediction: FFK will be picked as an ambassador for Finland 🇫🇮 or somewhere else…May be Ghana.
At least his 7 young kids (ages ranging from 11 years old to 15 months old) will get to attend good foreign schools for free.

Keep hope alive; it isn’t over until the sexy lady dances…

1 Like

Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Agugbadin: 5:51am On Jul 28, 2023
They known thieves
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Laanike50(f): 5:57am On Jul 28, 2023
Political Prostitutes
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by madridguy(m): 6:44am On Jul 28, 2023
Big sister, grin grin Which ministerial appoinemt be this cheesy

ajebuter:

Ya( Minister for Bikini Affairs)

Ma( Minister for Bom-Bom Affairs)

cheesy
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Minime10(f): 6:57am On Jul 28, 2023
Ffk wasn't left out🤓haven't you guys heard Gbaja (COS) to Tinubu saying that new ministries will be created. Ffk definitely, will be drafted to the "ministry of kitchen affairs" when it is eventually created. And keyamo, maybe "ministry of ranting affairs" if the president will care to creat one for him.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by DeShineShine(m): 7:20am On Jul 28, 2023
Another list will come and peradventure they are not there definitely something else will come for them, Bayo Onanuga inclusive. These gentlemen were fearless and ready to take the bullets for PBAT. They can't be categorised as used and dumped since there are many portfolios yet to have supervisors.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by badesco(m): 7:46am On Jul 28, 2023
Because they dont deserve to be there hence there exclusion. Am sure most know their stories..
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Cromagnon: 7:51am On Jul 28, 2023
nairalanda1:
All in all, looks like the ministerial list ain't one I can get behind at all.

Ok now you're not behind it. What will now happen?

One would have expected a long list of experts...and there a re some, but it looks like the same old rewards system

What ate you expecting?
You go school na
How many experts have electoral value?
Why dem no firm party of náà by expert?

I ain't confident, but then again, who is in Nigeria?

All in all, we need to get off oil.
[/quote]
What's stopping you
[quote]
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by teepain: 7:51am On Jul 28, 2023
ivolt:

Nope.
Price control is very different from subsidy.
When the government distributes free fertilizers, that is agricultural subsidy
and it has no conditions attached.

If the government mandates that house rent in Lagos should not exceed 1 million per annum
or that DSTV cannot charge more than 10K per month.
That is price control, it has nothing to do with subsidy as the government contributes 0%
to landlord's building materials or Satellite maintenance.

When a private entity want to participate in a government-controlled industry and agreed to abide
by stated rules, there is nothing wrong if the DPR decide to punish defaulters as none of them were
forced to participate.
They applied of their own volition and went through a lengthy approval process willingly.
You cannot collect a conditional subsidy fund while at the same time want to operate freely.
It is never done. You either agree to the terms or exit the industry.

New York has rent control for certain apartments with ZERO subsidy. The funny thing is that investors aren't running
away from New York real estate. In fact, it is a highly active investment market. Anyone who doesn't want to be subjected to
rent control simply avoid dealing in the regulated sector.

Back to the subsidy vs price control.
If a body awards 50% scholarship to a student(a kind of subsidy).
The school cannot start crying about price control because the student is
only paying half of the fees. That is illogical. No price is being controlled!

In the Nigerian situation, the subsidy had some element of price control as in most cases the Government claims to pay for the shortfall so that selling price does not cross some threshold and then the Government fixes the price.

As far as I am concerned, the subsidy ought to have gone long before now. For instance, the industrialists like Dangote who consume millions of litres per day for of subsidies fuel per day do not reflect the enjoyed subsidies in their prices. Secondly, given the penchant for fill nationally owned companies with families and friends by those in power, it is best that organisations like NNPC go into extinction.

The only way that fuel subsidies might have made sense is if there was a way that the subsidies could be targeted at a segment of the population and not a general one. For instance you alluded to the school giving some particular students scholarships; that is akin to targeted "subsidy" and not a "general subsidy".

Again, if government continues with subsidy investors may not be attracted to the refining sector, except if government will be buying the refined product from them and subsidizing them too, to ensure that operate profitably. That seems to make much sense to me.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Decarbonisation: 7:52am On Jul 28, 2023
Chineloani:
So, the final awaited Ministerial List was read at the Senate and the following Bigwigs of the APC were missing:
1. Femi-Fani Kayode (FFK)
2. Ganduje (Former Gov. Of Kano)
3. Festus Keyamo (SAN)

Could they have done something wrong or they lack the needed capacities for any Ministerial seat?

What's your opinion?

The ones he included, how much capacity do they have combined or individually?

96% on that list are as useless as they come.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by aimmoney9: 7:53am On Jul 28, 2023
Kukutente23:
grin grin
The list is fake. I saw the original list and these are the names

LeoDeKing Defence
Helinues interior
FreeStuffsNG Humanitarian Affairs
Seunmsg Finance
Zxcvbnmghtr Trade and Commerce
LegendHero Culture and Tourism
Nairalanda1 Petroleum
IconicR Women Affairs
Christistruth03 Agriculture
TemplarLandry Special Duties

Others are coming
You forgot ..... grin grin

Add him please....... grin grin
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Voltage7: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2023
nairalanda1:

So because I support fuel subsidy removal, therefore I am a tinubu supporter in your mind.?

I guess Obi and Atiku are tinubu supporters since they support subsidy removal too.

Honestly, mockery all the time! Don't you think that it even blinds people to any point you are trying to make?

Oga, grow up. Seriously, you are acting like a child. Grow up. People have the right to hold different opinions from you.

Don't quote me again.

Modifed

Seems on this site, if you support subsidy removal, you are an APC supporter.

Eleven years ago, if you supported subsidy removal, you were a PDP supporter.

That's why it is really difficult to have sane discussions on this site. The rules are...if you disagree with me, you must support the other side.

At the end, I support no side. I am apolitical, I do not back the APC, PDP or LP. I back a Nigerian leader who would take us off our dependency on oil. That leader has not yet come.

Oga shut up and stop being an hypocrite. You're a supporter of this government stop sitting on the fence.

Rubbish
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Voltage7: 8:01am On Jul 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

Your tirade was meaningless
You're always going to extreme lengths to claim You're not supporting any politician
One wonders why 🤔
Don't answer the hypocrite. He is trying to act like he's sitting on the fence. But he is a staunch supporter of the APC
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Kukutente23: 8:14am On Jul 28, 2023
ivolt:

I think you are confusing price control with subsidy.
They are not the same thing.
Your other arguments are based on this misconception, hence I
cant engage with them as is.
Good morning. Thanks for this clarification. Unfortunately nairalanda1 will always try to turn it upside down which is deliberate but you are very correct. Two examples.
Telcos recently announced intention to increase price of their subsidy across board and they were stopped from doing so by govt. That's price control but is there any subsidy involved?
Also POS operators made an attempt to increase their charges as well and were prevented from doing so by FCCPC. Is that not controlling price? Yet no subsidy.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by nairalanda1(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2023
Voltage7:
Oga shut up and stop being an hypocrite. You're a supporter of this government stop sitting on the fence.

Rubbish

I remain on the fence. I cannot in good conscience support Tinubu, Obi or Atiku.

And subsidy had to go. If Obi was in charge and removed subsidy, I will support him in doing so.

Good morning.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Okwyjesus(m): 8:41am On Jul 28, 2023
Chineloani:
So, the final awaited Ministerial List was read at the Senate and the following Bigwigs of the APC were missing:
1. Femi-Fani Kayode (FFK)
2. Ganduje (Former Gov. Of Kano)
3. Festus Keyamo (SAN)

Could they have done something wrong or they lack the needed capacities for any Ministerial seat?

What's your opinion?

You can't compare what you have on the list to this persons.

Ttey will eventually be settled but apart from causing problem do FFK and Kayamo have electoral.

Ganduje don't need to be in the team. Him no follow. He lost Kano in and out with baggage of corruption and divisive legacy
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Trustedpronet: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2023
Must everyone be made minister?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJ2SvXh_5o
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by occeeeaan: 8:57am On Jul 28, 2023
nairalanda1:

The problem with subsidy is the price control that is needed for the thing to work. In other words, the price control maintained by DPR.

Now, do you see price controls in the GSM sector? No.

Even more so, the GSM sector was allowed to operate without a subsidy...which is why we had phone lines costing N10000 initially...which was too expensive for any sane person to buy then. But that is why we ended up having more and more investment...and today we have a whole infrastructure built up without government money.

Subsidy on petrol not only stifled profits , it stifled growth, and created a growing deficit in our budget year in and year out and spawned a government bureaucracy which ended up with a lot of corruption.

As for oil countries having subsidy...see Venezuela. Subsidy on fuel has so wrecked their economy, and their refining power, plus they lose billions more than we do to smuggling.

Iran has a huge debt problem from maintaining subsides on everything.

The only countries that can run subsidy on oil income are tiny countries like Libya, or countries like Saudi that have 40 million and produce ten times more oil than we do.

Nigeria, cannot run a subsidy because we never had enough money to do so. The corruption and looting only made matters worse.

Thank you for this submission. I loose interest discussing issues with people that are always quick to bring in comparisons to discussion. There is nothing wrong with comparing two things per se, just that 95% of the time, people jump into comparing things like national economy without looking at vital data like demography, GDP, PCI and otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Voltage7: 9:08am On Jul 28, 2023
nairalanda1:

I remain on the fence. I cannot in good conscience support Tinubu, Obi or Atiku.

And subsidy had to go. If Obi was in charge and removed subsidy, I will support him in doing so.

Good morning.
The bolded statement shows you have something against Obi.
So everyone that criticize you is Obidient?
Bloody hypocrite 🤣
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by CJStarz: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2023
Habaaaa,guy chill. U don't need all this defense. Take it as a joke and move on. Infact, take it as a prophecy....u go get better appointment soon😂

nairalanda1:

So because I support fuel subsidy removal, therefore I am a tinubu supporter in your mind.?

I guess Obi and Atiku are tinubu supporters since they support subsidy removal too.

Honestly, mockery all the time! Don't you think that it even blinds people to any point you are trying to make?

Oga, grow up. Seriously, you are acting like a child. Grow up. People have the right to hold different opinions from you.

Don't quote me again.

Modifed

Seems on this site, if you support subsidy removal, you are an APC supporter.

Eleven years ago, if you supported subsidy removal, you were a PDP supporter.

That's why it is really difficult to have sane discussions on this site. The rules are...if you disagree with me, you must support the other side.

At the end, I support no side. I am apolitical, I do not back the APC, PDP or LP. I back a Nigerian leader who would take us off our dependency on oil. That leader has not yet come.

MODIFIED

This is part of why I support subsidy removal

The figures speak for themselves, and have nothing to do with Tinubu, Obi or Atiku.

Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by enemyofprogress: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2023
Appointments still boku for ground now
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by WildChild00(m): 9:21am On Jul 28, 2023
001Lagos:
No wonder FFK have been quiet for sometime now

I know that soon, he will start insulting Tinubu as usual 😂😂

Dss or Efcc would pick him up.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by nairalanda1(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2023
CJStarz:
Habaaaa,guy chill. U don't need all this defense. Take it as a joke and move on. Infact, take it as a prophecy....u go get better appointment soon😂

Problem is, you get mentioned as an Obi or Tinubu supporter, or even Atiku supporter, you attract all sorts of trolls from the other side.

I no get their wahala.

Also, labelling me obidient, agbado, etc, kind of misses the point of my argument. And in a way, it shows that the people arguing against me have no counterpoints...the game is to attack the person , not the message. That's annoying.

God knows when I started backing subsidy removal in 2011, I had to keep quiet in public because someone would labell you GEJ supporter. Now they label you Tinubu supporter. It's strange.

I also do not desire any appointment in government at any level...taking such an appointment would be a curse to me. So, unless God agrees to be physically present while I run government office, because I won't tolerate nonsense, I am not going to take any government offer. In the words of William Tecumseh Sherman...if selected, I will not run, if elected, I will not serve.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by nairalanda1(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2023
Voltage7:
Bloody hypocrite 🤣

If Obi was president, and removed subsidy, I would support the policy , yes.

But that does not mean I like Obi, or Tinubu or Atiku.

Not everything is politics. Sorry.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by nairalanda1(m): 9:39am On Jul 28, 2023
Voltage7:
Bloody hypocrite 🤣

If you want the subsidy back, contact your senator.

Don't spill your anger here.
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by ogbonti: 9:46am On Jul 28, 2023
001Lagos:

ona no sabi anything at all '

you think it is only ministerial appointment that you can milk Nigeria from ?

There silent Agencies and Parastatal appointments in Nigeria that are very silent but are money machines

NPA, NIMASA, NNPC, NEMA, FAA etc and a lot more...

Meanwhile Tinubu is a mafia personality who knows when to "FLY LOW" when the search light beams his direction

That is why he is "temporarily" offloading toxic personalities like FFK and Kayamo, because he is seeking legitimacy currently

And he wants the people he robbed of their mandate to "forget in a hurry" the crazy activities these people did in last election... angry
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Voltage7: 9:49am On Jul 28, 2023
nairalanda1:

If Obi was president, and removed subsidy, I would support the policy , yes.

But that does not mean I like Obi, or Tinubu or Atiku.

Not everything is politics. Sorry.
Take your sorry lying ass out of here.

Always trying to act apolitical. But you bring Obi in.

We know your type you bloody hypocrite 🤣
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by Voltage7: 9:50am On Jul 28, 2023
nairalanda1:

If you want the subsidy back, contact your senator.

Don't spill your anger here.
Who's talking subsidy here? Don't use it to cover your lying ass bloody hypocrite 🤣
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by nairalanda1(m): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2023
Voltage7:
Who's talking subsidy here? Don't use it to cover your lying ass bloody hypocrite 🤣

So, exactly what conversation do you think you are having, Comrade Ivanov?
Re: Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? by AskNgige2: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2023
001Lagos:

The man useless like keyamo too..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan & Patience Were Received At Port-Harcourt Airport Today / Buhari’s Granddaughters, Hadiza Bello's Children (Photos) / NYSC Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Certificate Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.