Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia (17041 Views)

FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory / Kogi Seals Dangote Cement Factory Over Tax Evasion, Debt (Pictures) / 6 Soldiers, Unknown Gunmen Killed In Ohafia, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Tomek09(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2023
mycar:

This is nuisance taking too far, Igbos don't build Mud houses , they use cement and cement is on high demand in the East so keep your free nuisance to yourself.
Thank you for taking that Igbo hating clown to the cleaners. Always demeaning SouthEast with his gutter gibberish.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Tomek09(m): 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
LordBillionz:

and some useless flyovers
Umahi built 12 flyovers in Ebonyi. None is actively in use.

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by pocom35: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2023
Tomek09:

Lol. Dangote enjoys monopoly that's why you think he's doing great. Allow others to compete rigorously with him and see him fall yakata. Where is Dangote indomie and spaghetti today. Forget talk jare. Man hates competition.

Please spread fact not propaganda..

There is no business Dangote is into that doesn't have a competitor except his refinery which is yet to run..

2nd
Dangote sold his noodles plant to the makers of indomie ..same way he sold his flour mill to olam..
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by worksmart(m): 1:09am On Jul 30, 2023
Even dangote refinery has competition, Nigeria has functioning refineries don't be deceived, Apart from the 4 major ones there are many more smaller modular refineries and I am not referring to the private refineries tagged as illegal.
pocom35:

Please spread fact not propaganda..

There is no business Dangote is into that doesn't have a competitor except his refinery which is yet to run..

2nd
Dangote sold his noodles plant to the makers of indomie ..same way he sold his flour mill to olam..
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by obi58: 4:24am On Jul 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Please read the financial statements of publicly-quoted cement companies. These documents are in public domain. If you can't read it then it's not necessary to have this debate. Btw, I never endorsed govt going into business as both competitor and regulator. I will love to read the financial reports of Akwa Ibom airline and Lake rice first before I share my thoughts on both specifically.

As I have said you still have nothing to say. Are you saying ALL publicly quoted cement companies are operating at a loss both within and outside Nigeria? Is Dangote cement not a publicly quoted company? Like you said if you can't read then there is nothing to debate. I await your feedback.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by FreedomArmy: 4:30am On Jul 30, 2023
blackgold2018:
lol.. you know exactly..

I love this comment. I served in dangote cement plant in kogi. This is how I affirm your claim. But oga how did you know it’s a huge costly project?

Just a single production line can cost almost a billion dollars🤣. This is what dangote has like 5lines in kogi.

I just hope they are serious to build this.. a good development.
of course I am serious with my claim. I use to work in obajana cement plant before I left. So I know the huge amount of capital outlay that is involved but like someone said with ppp arrangement it can be done but it will take years to complete.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by tsdarkside(m): 4:31am On Jul 30, 2023
a single cement factory 36,000 jobs....

tahh....
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by FreedomArmy: 4:32am On Jul 30, 2023
IduNaOba:

If dangote fit run am, Otti fit run am.
Even if it's the only thing he does, we love him like that.
36k jobs is not a joke.
I will love him to do it if he can. Even if it means bringing in private investors to partner with and build the plant.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by broadman20: 4:34am On Jul 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Any state Government building cement factory in this age just dey play wink

smh. You just don't get it.

It's ignorant of you (just like most of you with persecution complex who think being an Igbo gives you immunity and license to misbehave and anyone who calls your attention to your missteps hates you Igbo) to claim there's no cement factory in SE. Anyway,here's Nkalagu https://nigercem.com/ sir and Ebonyi is in SE. Most of you are just plain ignorant and it's sad.

Even if my Governor starts building cement factory today, I will say he is joking and unserious. It is only from the mentality of persecution complex that will make anyone
suggest it is hatred for his Igbo tribe. Smh

Go and read the financial statements of the publicly-quoted big players in that sector first. Check my signature for free stuffs!

I am happy with your honesty to admit that you just confused private effort with public investment. To enlighten you further, Innoson is private while Abia state govt is public investment.

That same state has a coupe of whole assets ls it invested/inherited in very profitable sectors that are lying moribund or low capacity. If Abia can not even run that ,is it now highly capital and technological intensive sector like cement it wants to do ? Like every serious minded person, when you want to start a business, you look at your competitors. Have you looked at the competitors and how they are using prices to compete?

Like I stated, you are all ignorant , rude and unteachable ostensibly due to your pride and poor education. Right now, it is better Mr Otti uses his family money to start cement factory so he can learn than to experiment with Abia's money. If my Governor does same thing, I will tell him same.

Please save us of your rudeness and persecution complex and go and read. Just Nigercem will muscle you out let alone Lafarge and Dangcem. Tell him to go revive those industries started by his predecessors or inherited from old Imo state for which Abia already has the edge!

That's your problem, always in a hurry to write, who told you that Abia State is going to build a State owned cement plant?

I was in Ohafia yesterday, I'm a player in the issue we are talking about, it will shock you that what Abia State is only going to do is to provide the land for the building of the cement plant.

So let's keep a date like I've always told you.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Davepal: 5:52am On Jul 30, 2023
akwabassey:

Even this abakaleke miscreant is living in Enugu just like other millions of ebonyi people are living in Anambra

You keep framing them; it appears that they took your girlfriend. You're putting photographs of the innocent guy all over Nairaland in unrelated posts.

Guy, for what purpose is this hatred taken too far?
How will you feel if your family is wrongfully accused?
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by blackgold2018(m): 8:33am On Jul 30, 2023
pocom35:

They are not..all na wash...
And please a single production line isn't up to 5 billion dollars...haha..
You know weytin be 5 billion... BUA 2 production lines in okpella doesn't cost up to that in total
oga I said 1billion.

BUA used 2billion to build the two lines.. verify
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by blackgold2018(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2023
pocom35:

They are not..all na wash...
And please a single production line isn't up to 5 billion dollars...haha..
You know weytin be 5 billion... BUA 2 production lines in okpella doesn't cost up to that in total
you rushed to type without reading properly
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by pocom35: 9:24am On Jul 30, 2023
blackgold2018:
oga I said 1billion.

BUA used 2billion to build the two lines.. verify
I know that..
Also acknowledge the .."a billion" not 5
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by blackgold2018(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2023
pocom35:
I know that..
Also acknowledge the .."a billion" not 5
go back and read what I wrote.

I said a billion dollars for one production line. Dangote has 5lines.

Lazy Nigerian youths.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by pocom35: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
blackgold2018:
go back and read what I wrote.

I said a billion dollars for one production line. Dangote has 5lines.

Lazy Nigerian youths.

Are you daft or stupid..I just told you I have acknowledge what you said earlier
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Thonee(m): 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
Some miscreant parasites will not like this development, they'll prefer to suffer and smile to see their gambari Dangote dominate everything with the support of their úséléss government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Is Saddened Nigerians Are Sold In Libya Like Goats / Buhari: All Past, Present Corrupt Cases Will Be Probed / Emmanuella Ita: FIRS Official Diverted Public Funds To Private School – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.