Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Where Are The False Prophets? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are The False Prophets? (986 Views)

Myles Munroe The False Teacher Dies / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The False Prophets? by wetu: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2011

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Act 20:29  For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

From the scriptures above we know that there are false prophets and they are among us. That means they are in the Church. Many "pastors" seem to ignore the FACT that there are false prophets in the Church and they don't warn their members like Paul did:

Act 20:31  Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Why are pastors failing to warn the Church about false prophets? There's no need to mention the names of those false prophets but why is it that many Christians cannot recognise a false prophet?

Joh 10:12  But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
Joh 10:13  The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

We can only conclude that many pastors are hirelings: they are in it for the money, recognition and reputation. They don't want to spoil their reputation among the club of "men of God". This is why they would drop names like Benny Hinn while preaching although the man, through his false prophecies and false teachings, has proven himself to be a false prophet.

What are the characteristics of false prophets?

They turn the Church into a business:

2Pe 2:3  And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

They shout at demons (the only time we talk to demons is supposed to be when casting them out) and the devil:

2Pe 2:10  But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
2Pe 2:11  Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

they fall into intimate sin (divorce is common among them):

2Pe 2:14  Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

they prophesy for money:

2Pe 2:15  Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

they lead believers to lust for the things of the world (prosperity gospel) often by exaggerating how they are blessed:

2Pe 2:18  For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

They speak (or prophesy) of the things of the world:

1Jn 4:5  They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

They teach things they are not supposed to teach, the law, for the sake of money:

Titus 1:10  For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
Titus 1:11  Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

they set their minds on earthly things:

Php 3:18  (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
Php 3:19  Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

They have new "greater" revelations (they believe Paul did not have full revelation):

Gal 1:9  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11  But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The question then brethren, according to your understanding of the Bible, where are the false prophets in the Church today and who are they? If you feel that you don't want to mention names, at least describe their ministry and why you say they are false. If you don't know any false prophet, I don't think it;s because you haven't met one but perhaps you failed to recognise him as a false prophet.

Where are the false prophets?
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by PastorKun(m): 7:28am On Oct 10, 2011
False prophets are all around us even on this forum. They abound in most church denominations today especially in the pentecostal and word of faith movement.
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by wetu: 9:17am On Oct 10, 2011
I want Joagbaje to mention at least one false prophet and describe his ministry (even if not by name). He is the one who quickly comes to the defence of "men of God" while Apostle Paul spent three years warning the Church of Ephesus about false prophets.

Or Joagbaje must tell us if the prophesies of apostles Peter and Paul did not come to pass.
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by PastorKun(m): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2011
@wetu
A man that lives in a glass house does not throw stones. How can you possibly expect joagbaje to expose his comrades
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by ichuka(m): 9:20am On Oct 18, 2011
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them,Matt;7:20.
In the old testament,Samuel instituted the school of prophets,for two purposes;1,the dissemination of religious knowledge and the writing up of the chronicles of religious history.all the false prophets came out from the schools of prophets(expect balaam)they were different from the living,anointed prophets.prophecy  is just an aspect in the lives of a prophet,it is a gift(Christains can ask for such a gift from the Lord).the ministry of a prophet and the prophet are not two different things,its not something that you can take up,it is something that you are,that is,the vessel(the prophet) itself is the ministry,we cant divide the two.those that prophesy only and called themselves prophets dont even know who a true prophet of God is,
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by Joagbaje(m): 9:53am On Oct 18, 2011
wetu:

I want Joagbaje to mention at least one false prophet and describe his ministry (even if not by name).

That's easy , pastor kuns.
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by Joagbaje(m): 9:56am On Oct 18, 2011
i.chuka:

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them,Matt;7:20.
In the old testament,Samuel instituted the school of prophets,for two purposes;1,the dissemination of religious knowledge and the writing up of the chronicles of religious history.all the false prophets came out from the schools of prophets(expect balaam)they were different from the living,anointed prophets.prophecy  is just an aspect in the lives of a prophet,it is a gift(Christains can ask for such a gift from the Lord).the ministry of a prophet and the prophet are not two different things,its not something that you can take up,it is something that you are,that is,the vessel(the prophet) itself is the ministry,we cant divide the two.those that prophesy only and called themselves prophets dont even know who a true prophet of God is,

You are right . A man is not a prophet just because he prophesy. It is an office. There is a difference between a gift and an office. Someone may operate in the gift of prophecy but not called into the office of a prophet. Just like a man that evangelises, it doesn't necessarily make him an evangelist .
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by PastorKun(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2011
@joagbaje
Why don't you answer the question and stop being evasive. I never claimed to be a prophet so the issue of false as far as I am concerned does not even arise. And you don't have to look far to get your list of false prophets, your Oga (Oyakhilome) is one of the leading false prophets in Africa. You can start with him and all the pastors including yourself in CEC.
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by Joagbaje(m): 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2011
How can pastor chris be false? What makes him false.
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by PastorKun(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2011
@joagbaje
The evil fruits he breeds makes it obvious he is a false prophet. You for example are one of his fruits and it has been proven beyond any iota doubt on this forum that you are a false, fraudulent and charlatan prophet.
Re: Where Are The False Prophets? by Joagbaje(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2011
Leave my own aside. Dude. cool

(1) (Reply)

Joel Osteen's Your Best Life Now — A Critical Review / If Juju Or Jazz Was Real Then How Come? / @avicenna,these Are The Religious Books You Requested For!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.