Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy (9404 Views)

Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / What Is Fuel Subsidy? / PART 1: NIGERIAN OIL INDUSTRY AND FUEL SUBSIDY: FACTS, MYTHS & HIDDEN TRUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan
Steve Jobs was a citizen of the world. Two months ago on this page, I opined that his idea which became Apple Inc had proved that ideas are more valuable than natural resources seeing as Apple Inc at that time overtook ExxonMobil as the world's most valuable corporation. I believe there are many Steve Jobs amongst our youth who would help build our country and add value to human existence. His impact on our world would be remembered many centuries from today. May his soul rest in peace. GEJ

Austin Udowelle
Mr president please tell nigerians why you want to withdraw fuel subsidy. Some people who because of party or family background you cannot fight are the ones benefitting from fuel subsidy. They import several ship loads of fuel into the country prepare documents and collect millions of naira return the same ships back to the high sea and back again and collect subsidy again. They do it several times before finally off loading ships. Defrauding nigeria of millions in the name of subsidy. Now you have chosen to stop the racket instead of fighting them. Tell nigerians the truth to gain their support. If you lack the muscle to fight at least be transparent. Only the truth will set you free. Good luck.

Emmanuel Ezurukam

My dear mr president, even though I personally have not benefited in anyway since u entered office, am not a selfishman, am a true nigerian who beleives in d grassroot change as the only way forward. I really want to congratulate u on d efforts u are making to make the nigeria u‘ll leave a much more better nigeria dan d one u met and nigerians and posterity will hv u to thank for d clandestine efforts u are making. I cannot also join hooligans who do not have any better idea to make nigeria better. I may not also be better than all ur advisers, but i can challenge them to give me an answer to the reason why their family and properties, business and capital are flown all abroad.
There is no other answer to that than this: when the leaders cannot develop or create job opportunities to fit in nor enabling environment for grassroot survival. How can the future and the safety of the wealty and prudent be guaranteed?
They all dont belive in nigeria as a nation. If they dont have better feasible plans for d masses, dat stupid magnanimous money eating projects for their pockets. Then i can do a non paid FREE consultancy for various members of ur cabinet so as to lift the heart of d youths sooner with less money yet making all feel we now have a government.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2011
Prince Kennedy
GEJ you're just a fool by saying Steve Jobs was a citizen of the world. You forgotten there're millions of Nigerians who're far better than Steve Jobs? For instant a man from your home-town "Chyke Doubeni, MD, MPH, associate professor of family medicine & community health, was recognized this week by President Barack Obama as one of the country’s rising scientific stars with a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
Owen Inemeawaji Cleopas

I am Steve Jobs but Nigerian Economy is bleeped up and a good example of a dream killer.I pity the future of this country called NIGERIA
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
Opeyemi Omotoso
Mr Jonathan, Steve Jobs did not have to worry about power outages, bad roads, fear of deregulation, poor health sector and even the continued dropping of standards in the educational sector. Steve Jobs was in an enabling environment. That is all we ask of you in your present position. How do you think removal of fuel subsidy will help the upcoming "Steve Jobs" in Nigeria. Do you think the number of fueling stations in Lagos can service the populace in a deregulated sector? Deregulation should allow first and foremost for choice. Do you think that will be possible in Nigeria right now. I stand to be corrected, but all that concerns your government is the "amount of money you will free up". What do you intend to use the freed up money for? To ameliorate the effect of the subsidy removal. In short, you want to create a problem and then try to resolve it. Is there any social security benefits to Nigerians? Can the US stop social security simply to free up more funds? THINK about this. Think about the people that elected you. As a citizen of this country i can rightly say the only benefit i derive for paying my tax is this subsidy. The 3 tiers of government have not reached the level of accountability that enables them to ask for more. This is like trying to fill up a basket with water. How accountable are your staff with the funds in their care right now? Why not free up some money spent to run the government first? Reduce the cost of maintaining political officers, reduce the cost of maintaining ASO ROCK, after which you can come and discuss removal of subsidy. I intend to write a personal letter to you on this issue. I know you mean well, but while removing subsidy might be an option in the long run, our economic situation is just not right for it now. Steve Jobs was enabled, remember that and make that your watch word. If Steve Jobs had lost everything in his gamble, he would still have collected "unemployment benefits". What is your Government all about?GEJ, DO NOT SEND A BABY TO SECONDARY SCHOOL? WE ARE NOT READY FOR DEREGULATION YET.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2011
Webo Rafindadi

Lucky, why are u deleting peoples comment? God will safe us from ur hand. U said u had no shoes during ur school days but now u have more than a thousand shoes, shudnt u consider the plight of common nigerians and make life easier for them? U have refused to fight corruption, can't remember the last time I heard of Waziri, God will save us from u lucky
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2011
Adeyemi Oladipupo

Steve Jobs is a product of American society and the society create enabling environment for people to thrive. We have millions of Steve Jobs in our midst but the non existing enabling environment limits their potentials. So the govt of the day shd create enabling environment.QED
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2011
Isa Dahiru

Amen mr president. But the way ur government is going forget anything emerging in nigeria like steve jobs so far you are removing subsidy on fuel. We nigerians have being hearing the same lame excuses whenever our government want to increase fuel price and nothing has ever come of it only once during the regime of the dictator general sani abacha when he introduce ptf that most nigerians feel the impact of true governance what nigerians are lacking since the advent of this democracy. May God give you the strenght to have even if it is a little compasion to ease our suffering by reducing not even increasing the pump price.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2011
Uche Daniel

Give us power and you'll see many Steve Jobs. Don't let those who don't mean well for this country deceive you, never attempt at removing oil subsidy. If you dare do that,your govt may be shipwrecked!
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:18pm On Oct 09, 2011
Ajuwon Larry

Mr president think deeply before posting on your page.Your adminstration may not produce any Steve Jobs with unavailability of basic amenities.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2011
Olu Nigeria

forget Steve Job and face Nigeria. Please don't remove subsidy on petroleum products o cos Nigerian revolution may be worse than what the likes of Gbagbo of Ivory Coast experienced
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2011
Roflmao
Boys are not smiling at all cuz their votes don enter voicemail.Una just start una suffer under fresh odour . grin
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2011
Taiwo Agbondimwin
Will these youths be given the chance to prove themselves? Government policies stand against youth development in this part of the world. I know what I am talking about.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
Abubakar Usman Belel

Mr president u fokop if subsidy of fuel is remove, clearly ur administration wil b d worse. If truely u ar wit lay man in nigeria pls dnt do dat mistake of removal of subsidy sir cos is goin 2 0 work done en nigerians wil never forgive u. Wishin u d best in ur administration sir.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
Nosa King

you leaders are not ready to transform this country for Good. Mr. president and other leaders are preaching to us, telling us Good words, giving us motivation speech. They don' t care about the common Nigerians, if we like we talk and talk they don't move and inch. One day is coming when we will all raise and say this is our country.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Blackteeth(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2011
Does Jonthan even read it? What if he closes his facebook account? Will it be better off for these people insulting in the name of trying to get their voices heard?
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Mcleo007(m): 10:34pm On Oct 09, 2011
Laughs out loud. grin
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jason123: 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
The pending hardship knows no ethnic group or religion. See how every ethnic group is represented . . .lol
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
Chinonny Chris

Time is coming for we youth to agitate for our right is getting out hands. We are not blind, our eyes are wild opened. Can something good comes out from this country mr goodluck.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
Oyinloye Muritala Olayinka

D politicians in NIgeria will not allow the Steve Jobs among the youths to realoze their dreams as they are stealing us blindly.We paid cut-throat prices as school fees where as during your own time,you all schooled through scholarship.The same Nigeria that trained all of you,you now paying her back through corruption,bomb blast,removal of fuel subsidy etc.The worst hit is that priority is given to certificates that whoever doesn't have it cannot be successful,that's why the labour market is saturated already .Instead of encouraging enterpreneurs,everybody is craving for the university.So how can we have Steve Jobs?
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
Chris Okonkwo
If we know Steve Jobs and what he has offered humanity,then those who find themselves at the helm of affairs of this country should be more pratical in their leadership style.We dont have road from lagos to the east and somebody is talking about Steve Jobs.Please MR PRESIDENT,YOU ARE TODAY'S STEVE JOBS AND YOUR TIME IS NOW.We need ROADS,we need WATER,we need good HEALTHCARE system,we need POWER supply,we need SECURITY,we need JOBS for our graduates,and you are talking about Steve Job amongst us.DO THE RIGHT THING AND STOP TALKING ABOUT STEVE JOBS.CREATE JOBS NOW WITH THE ENABLING ENVIRONMENT AND SEE THOUSANDS OF STEVE JOBS.YOUR TIME IS NOW.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
jason123:

The pending hardship knows no ethnic group or religion. See how every ethnic group is represented  . . .lol
Meaning that all of them can't be ACN members ?
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jacklucas: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2011
Yusuf Ibrahim Auta

Amen, but the greatest mistake your government is about to do is removing fuel subsidy in this critical situation where more than 70% of Nigerians are living below poverty level. you should have repair our refinaries and build new ones to full capacity b4 you think of removing subsidy. even if you remove subsidy, the masses will not benefit from the money considering the level of corruption in the country. Politicians will have more to steal and enrich themselves while the masses suffer. Is only in Nigeria that leaders have no simphathy to their followers
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by werepeLeri: 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
you have time for RAS honestly. How many quotes out of many? Please post all here.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by otokx(m): 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2011
Shey una wan enjoy fresh air?
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2011
that Opeyemi Omotoso said it all succintly:

" As a citizen of this country i can rightly say the only benefit i derive for paying my tax is this subsidy. The 3 tiers of government have not reached the level of accountability that enables them to ask for more. This is like trying to fill up a basket with water. How accountable are your staff with the funds in their care right now? Why not free up some money spent to run the government first? Reduce the cost of maintaining political officers, reduce the cost of maintaining ASO ROCK, after which you can come and discuss removal of subsidy"
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by UyiIredia(m): 2:25pm On Oct 11, 2011
4llerbuntu:

" As a citizen of this country i can rightly say the only benefit i derive for paying my tax is this subsidy. The 3 tiers of government have not reached the level of accountability that enables them to ask for more. This is like trying to fill up a basket with water. How accountable are your staff with the funds in their care right now? Why not free up some money spent to run the government first? Reduce the cost of maintaining political officers, reduce the cost of maintaining ASO ROCK, after which you can come and discuss removal of subsidy"

seconded

Really President Jonathan is making a mistake by intending to remove the fuel subsidy on an overburdened economy.
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by moreprof: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2011
I am sure he does not really intend to remove the subsidy!, cos if he does! hmmmmm!
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by TenKobo1: 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2011
A few months back, these same people were screaming FRESHHH AAAIR and went on to elect a lame duck that was already tested confirmed a terrible failure by those who still had their brains and eyeballs intact. This is just morning, judgement day has come!!!!
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Epiphany(m): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
Somehow, i dont like the way things in the country are going. With the way other countries have been rising up and fighting against their leaders and dictators, Nigerians may just be doing the same thing in a few years to come - if Jonathan and others continue like this.
It will get to a stage where mass disturbance will happen, just like that. For those who think that it will NEVER happen, YES, think about the countries in North Africa. Whoever thought that people will rise against Gaddafi, Mubarak and co? Whoever thought that in the UK, the riots of London and its environs will happen?
Removing the subsidy will just cause untold hardship. For God's sake, how will people survive, when the price of foodstuff goes up? How will they survive when they cannot move from a to b to conduct their businesses in the marketplace?
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by kaycee0604(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2011
I know One Day E go better, sometime i feel sorry for myself if I remember what wole shoyika said about being a wasted generation
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2011
Who are you guyz calling president, ? President i know of is Obasanjo, One sick man entered Aso-Rock after him, then a Daft man entered after the sick man, Well we currently have a sick country sharing space with a daft economy.  cry
Re: Nigerians Attack Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook Over Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by aljharem3: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2011
4llerbuntu:

the best post ever

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Made Over N15m In Less Than 3 Years With Little Capital - My Story. / I Am Relocating To Ibadan What Biz Can I Do 200k / See EFCC Order Asking Heritage Bank To Freeze Geonel Integrated Services Acct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.