Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded (75458 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by BJanta: 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
kettykings:

Everything we buy in Nigeria that is not food has a correlation with the value of dollar , fuel, phone , satellite TV subscriptions, electronics etc

You're a charlatan .See the items you listed Go and take a nap, you have no idea of issues being discussed.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by BJanta: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
DesChyko:

Trump was born in 1946. The definition of 'shithole' as 'a terrible, dirty, poor, or low-quality place' was first recorded between 1930-1935; over a decade before Trump was born.🤷🏾‍♂️

It's not by throwing insults around, dear boy. You need the brains to go along with it. 🤗

Hope you've registered for the webinar? Let's see if you can be good at one thing😉

LOL .You've hammered his thick skull and foul mind jolly real well. I hope the impact would reset his mind and brain.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Earthquakes: 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
bisimilahi772:

That’s is nice!! Please what visa did you leave Nigeria with?
PR
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
There are always people who are struggling everywhere. But there is one thing, everyone has equal opportunity of making it unlike Nigeria.
People spend a year outside and expect to build a house back home. Outside is better than Nigeria if you relocate legally and there is nothing anyone will tell me about it.
DaddyJapan:

So because you have relocated twice and it worked for you, there are no immigrant families living on the edge in the UK?
Since the view you expressed is characteristic of know-it-all japarists, who never take a holistic view of any situation, what's the point in engaging you further?

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
Those relocating legally are not frustrated they just want a goodlife. [quote author=kushe post=124772440][/quote]
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
You just assume businesses are doing well but owners are crying at home.
It's hard to do business in Nigeria trust me.
emmaodet:

grin grin

The saddest part for me are the business men I know doing well and fine in Nigeria.
From 2020 to 2022 December, they just parked up and ran with family to UK.
Sold everything. I mean quarry trailers. 20 tons quarry trailers.
Some have 2, some 5 or more. Ballers in my area that the places they do take me to, big hotels and clubs and burning 100k on sitting. Doing fine and they just throw all these out the window to start afresh??
It is not as if anything happened to their businesses or they are struggling yet they just ran off. Sold off businesses, laid off workers yet we are complaining of unemployment when employers are running off.
It all looks like jazz or juju.
No one says you shouldn't travel but even traveling has categories.
These men are meant to apply for tourist visas or visitation because that is the category they fall into.
Going and coming back from vacations and visitations but No, they collapsed everything.
People who are struggling are the ones permanent relocation or Japa are meant for as an upgrade to their lives and not well to do guys.

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
Thanks for this and remember this story is fake for likes and comments.
It's an imaginary family.
Raalsalghul:

The thing tire person bros.

Knew a former colleague in the U.K with his four kids and living fine.

How did he do it?

He came in with his wife first and they were managing one small room for accommodation thereby saving on rent. The wife was working full time all these time and saving cos she was the dependant and not limited.

During summer break (about 4 months), he worked his ass out with his wife, that way they completed his school fees and saved some money for a larger accommodation and other expenses and then brought his children in: 9 months after arriving. Pure calculation and dedication from the couple.

U.K has a way of amplifying anything that you were in Nigeria: if you smart before, you become smarter.

And if you were dumb, OYO is your case.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Lilimax(f): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
Right005:

Abhi na. The US government will give them 30 million dollars upon landing in America. Free housing, free cars, free healthcare etc. most people that japa to America earn over $1M per month from menial jobs. Nigeria is a bad country I swear. Your last born, in a month time from now will soon buy his own house in Nigeria.
When you travel abroad with the right qualifications it won't be long your will stabiliize. It's still better than this country.
Just take a look at how inflation is ravaging the country. A bag of Rice as at last Friday is 48k. Tell me how an average family will cope. Transportation cost on the increase duœe to high petroleum pump price.
The government of the day is bereft of idea on what to do
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by emmaodet: 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
TheNewAgeFarmer:
You just assume businesses are doing well but owners are crying at home.
It's hard to do business in Nigeria trust me.

Agreed but many businesses are also flourishing too or are you telling me ALL businesses are struggling?
This guy's are not struggling in their businesses.
People going to club blowing 100k at a seating, driving posh cars, with strings of girlfriends don't look like struggling business men to me.
They are not in our typical farming or agric business.
These guys are in quarry and mining businesses, some even have mining license for sites from government. High rollers bro

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by maasoap(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
Berryman63:
Only student visa was affected. There are a whole lot of other visa categories and yes you can bring your dependants on the others.
You know the fortunes that it will cost and still, no guarantee that your visa will be approved. The reason why student visa is popular is that it has high chance of being approved. And the reason is also UK govt is making money through tuition fees.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by maasoap(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
EconFinance:

When the country is being wrecked by fools in power

Will u blame them for running away ?
Not blaming them at all, that's not even my point. My point is that many just don't want to listen to those already there, they would simply tell them to come back home and create chance for another person grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by maasoap(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
bdon12:

Forget length of raising money.If u can raise money to travel abroad, then u are not a hungry man.Goto ielts exam centres n see d cars of guys coming to write ielts in order to japa.M telling u d poor in naija cannot afford to raise money to japa

Trust me. If you know the paroles behind these things, you will be amazed.
Do you know that there are syndicates who would sponsor you, put their money in your account after collecting their fees and once you crossed over, you will return their money ASAP. All the people I knew who travelled were struggling guys and couples and in many cases with huge debts.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by bdon12: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
maasoap:

Trust me. If you know the paroles behind these things, you will be amazed.
Do you know that there are syndicates who would sponsor you, put their money in your account after collecting their fees and once you crossed over, you will return their money ASAP. All the people I knew who travelled were struggling guys and couples and in many cases with huge debts.
I know abt that,they collect 4 percent of d amount per month.meaning if dem put 10mil they will collect 4 percent of 10 mil frm u.how mch is flight?how mch is accommodation?whether u like it or not millions is still involved....no matter d route one chooses to take.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by bisimilahi772: 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
sharpwriter:

Go and learn truck driving!

Thanks so much I will go and learn it ❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by toprealman: 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
xandy84:
Not even only tech industry. California port is now fully automated that robot do the lifting of container from ships and automated machines moves it around and stack it. Basic tech work will disappear in few months from now.

No be small something. You have a pressing need and call a government helpline only to be answered by a chatbot that has nothing to offer.
You need to go online to research on how to bypass their algorithm to get to an actual human.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by sherbol: 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2023
I don't want to b believe dis story. Plz get me clearly, I am not saying it is not possible to b stranded in d UK o but saying she can't work unless she secures a post graduate visa is utterly false.

As student, one can work n also d dependent spouse. Let d OP tell us d full n true story.

I ve piple very close to me in ma work place n family n friends dat r there as students working including their spouses. You all ve one or 2 persons there too studying, ask dem if post graduate visa is needed b4 a student can work.

Post Graduate Visa will cum to play after completion of d masters program NOT a requirement to get work as a student.

I stand to b corrected!

FreeStuffsNG:
Family regrets selling house and borrowing money to relocate abroad, now stranded and facing hardship

Akinwande IdowuJul 29, 2023

A Nigerian family with five children regrets finding themselves in dire straits after borrowing millions of naira, selling their house, and car to fund their relocation to the United Kingdom.

The family embarked on this life-changing journey with hopes for a better future, but their dreams have been shattered as they struggle to cope with financial challenges in a foreign land.

The family, headed by a mother with a study visa, made the decision to move to the UK in pursuit of higher education opportunities.

However, upon arrival, she was confronted with the reality that she needed to secure a post-graduate visa to be eligible to work in the country, a process that required a significant sum of money.

As a result, the mother has been unable to contribute financially to the family’s expenses, leaving her husband as the sole breadwinner.

According to the woman @gloriaotikor1, the situation has taken a toll on her family’s mental and emotional well-being. The creditors who lent her money in Nigeria are incessantly calling her, expecting repayment now that she is in the UK.

However, with no means of income and mounting bills, the family is facing an uncertain and distressing future.

Despite their efforts to secure funds, the woman has been unable to complete her school fees, putting her educational aspirations at risk. As a result, the family is trapped in a cycle of debt, struggling to make ends meet in a foreign country with limited resources.

The husband’s job, though providing some income, is insufficient to cover the rent and provide for the needs of their five children.

Netizens Reactions…
@Adekoya Adeniran said: “Rule 1! Never sell assets to relocate! NEVER!” olayinkaolowolag7 said: “Skill worker’s route is better for a big family like that.”

@Evolak said; “Greener pasture is not abroad, it’s a location where God has design for you. Understand this and have peace.”

@flikky said; “Why would they bring 5 children at once nawoo.”

@peaches said; “You see why I keep saying Canada is better than UK in terms of studying.”

@user5122196360123 said; “Their mistake was going together, They supposed go one after another.”

@browniebee said; “Omo people don’t listen ..I pray God help her ooo…Abroad no easy come join 5 kids.”

https://www.gistreel.com/family-regrets-selling-house-and-borrowing-money-to-relocate-abroad-now-stranded-and-facing-hardship/
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Slynation(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
georgeakins:

Ibos will not pay school fees.

They will prefer to carry drugs and their women will prefer Ashawo work.
Oso gi teya charcoal...Oburo dirty money!!
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP.ALL THAT GLITTER ARE NOT GOLD. angry
INVESTIGATE BEFORE YOU MOVE,DONT BE A YOUNG FOOOL.
Once we correct the mistrust in nigeria everybody will enjoy.
E.g If you collect loan to run business ,try and pay back as agreed,so that trust can grow
If you are a student and collect loan to study,work hard to pay as you can
If you agree to do a legit deal with someone secure your trust by not double crossing etc.Live sane life lets begin to trust ourselves for mutual benefits. angry
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Greenfaces: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
DesChyko:
Nah people wey no get people outside Nigeria go dey fall for this nonsense talk sha. This anti-japa sentiments; hunting for those who managed to screw up their migration started because APC are trying to fight Doctors seeking a better life abroad; a life Nigeria can't offer them. That changes little. Most people who left the shores of Nigeria to the Western World are having it better. That is the only reason it is still a big thing down the years.

I knew Nigeria as a setup is a shithole. I knew it, owned it, adapted to it and will keep striving to beat the system. While I'm at it, I'm also vested in either making it better for my kids or give them a cozy escape route.

Imagine if I was hiding from the reality of being a Nigerian; It's the lack of adaptability that will make me settle for the nonsense these leeches ruling Nigeria today have to offer and the excuses they cook up for their incompetence.

As John Obidi will say, Nigeria has her own set of rules, different from other parts of the world. You adapt or you lose out. Which reminds me, he's having a webinar on Zoom powered by WEMA Bank. Do well to attend

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BYj_o4tLRmquxMXpcQboKQ#/registration
You made no sense at all. I think you're a talkative. Keine baban surutu ne?

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Atk1nson(m): 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Mayeldah:
The whites are now the scammers, we are the victims.

All these 'I want a better life for my kids' crew, there you have it. Thread with caution; all that glitters is not gold.

In fact, if you earn at least a N300,000 monthly here in Nigeria, be reluctant to travel abroad. You are not doing badly.

left to the UK with 5 children as a student and is complaining things are hard...bunch of jokers

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Dijita: 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2023
ba7man:
Your N 25 million is just £25,000.

The UK will collect all that money from you if you don't settle down on time with a job.

Some risk it and get lucky, some don't, just keep grinding.

That is not risk, it is gamble. Why would you relocate with the whole family at once? The money they use to relocate all of them would have been enough for the wife graduate studies in Canada. after the wife has settle for about a year, the children could joined while the husband still keep his job in Niger. The husband can then joined toward the conclusion of her studies.

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Professurr(m): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Fake news keeps flooding this space sha!
Please let us check on the name quoted in the original post, Gloria Otikor.
From my check Gloria is having a swell time in the UK
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Calitoscassius(m): 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
I am thinking of Re locating to The Sechelles or Namibia from the UK, that doesn't mean i will sell my house in the UK. Some of you Naigerians really are ignorant.

Anyway, i don't believe this story.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Calitoscassius(m): 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
Whatever this family sold to "yapa" to the UK they will never ever never ever get or buy back in the next 30 years they will live in the UK. Is it not this same UK i was born and bred? Yea right! My father was bus driver for 35 years, worked very hard many hours, luckily for him he managed to pay off his East London 2 bedroom house. He bought in 1978 for £68000, the house was worth £460000 when he sold it. He also had atleast 1million in his bank Those were the things he got outta the UK, apart from me and my sister. grin He has since sold his house and returned back to Alaigbo with his wife. Said he didn't want to die in the freezing UK weather..

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by armyofone(m): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
StudentsNG:
Who told you it takes 20yrs to get a house abroad?

It takes more years to pay off mortgage.

Unless you buy a home with cash paid down right away. Most mortgage - 30years but you can pay off early if you have big chunk of money to pay.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Sirbruno3000(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
Sure. You are right. Most of our misfortunes would dissipate if we are led by the Holy Spirit, we really need divine direction to make it in this life. Don't mind me i had to go a bit spiritual.
Raalsalghul:

Na true you talk bro, but you go weigh the risk now.

Okay let me ask you a question.

Can you carry Burnley for a straight win in a match against Manchester City?

Even for gamble, small calculations dey inside.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Segzy23: 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Whatever this family sold to "yapa" to the UK they will never ever never ever get or buy back in the next 30 years they will live in the UK. Is it not this same UK i was born and bred? Yea right! My father was bus driver for 35 years, worked very hard many hours, luckily for him he managed to pay off his East London 2 bedroom house. He bought in 1978 for £68000, the house was worth £460000 when he sold it. That is the only thing he got outta the UK, apart from me and my sister. grin He has since sold his house and returned back to Alaigbo with his wife. Said he didn't want to die in the freezing UK weather..

So because your Father was a bus Driver and chose that career, does that mean that is the way things will work out for everyone? He chose the career he wanted, if he had a different career, he probably would have been able to take much more from the UK back to Nigeria. Don't look at everyone from the same lens mate.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Calitoscassius(m): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2023
Segzy23:

So because your Father was a bus Driver and chose that career, does that mean that is the way things will work out for everyone? He chose the career he wanted, if he had a different career, he probably would have been able to take much more from the UK back to Nigeria. Don't look at everyone from the same lens mate.
I wasn't looking at everyone from the same lens, besides, my father was happy driving bus, driving buses was one of the lucrative well earning jobs at the time and still is, my father did not regret driving a bus, i was just pointing out what some people had to do to make money, My father had other skills, he was a mechanic at some point and worked as maintainance manager for LT. As i said he paid off his mortgage sold for £460000 and re located, he lives in his mansion in nigeria still collects good pensions. My father did better than some fathers i know, i am proud to be his son. He got more than £460000 outta England he probarbly had atleast a million £££ in his bank plus his house money before he left

I followed his part i am an arttic trailer driver, i also drive trains part time. People still drive buses today, earns good money it isn't a bad job grin i was just telling my father's story..

Infact, when it comes to well paid jobs or any job you actually must work. As the OP stated nice shirt, shiny shoes and ties doesn't pay as much as other jobs.

As long as jobs are concerned, we would already know how much one will earn in a year after tax. It is no secret. cheesy unless you are hollywood actor or runs a multi million £££ business. Other than these Everyone must work!! Shifts! Do the hours. Even some british actors and tresses do not earn as much as bus or train drivers.

Every employer must tell you how much your salary or wages will be before you start. So we know how much everybody earns, we even know how much our prime minister or MPs earn

Again, i repeat and you don't have to agree, if people sell their house and properties in naigeria to come live in the UK it would take them years to buy these properties or house back that is my point.

I am even planning to go live in Namibia in africa, but i don't have to sell my house, so even if it didn't work out in Namibia i can always come back to my house in London. I hope i made sense. tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Bossman(m): 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
She did not do enough homework/planning before relocating. With proper planning she would have feared better.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by fijihems: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
I have been, I have seen, and I have conquered.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Tinyemeka(m): 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
ariesbull:
stories....12.5 m a year

Liel

K
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by philipojukwu1: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Family regrets selling house and borrowing money to relocate abroad, now stranded and facing hardship

Akinwande IdowuJul 29, 2023

A Nigerian family with five children regrets finding themselves in dire straits after borrowing millions of naira, selling their house, and car to fund their relocation to the United Kingdom.

This update na to discourage people wey get plans to japa or what? Abeg keep your news to yourself. We move.

The family embarked on this life-changing journey with hopes for a better future, but their dreams have been shattered as they struggle to cope with financial challenges in a foreign land.

The family, headed by a mother with a study visa, made the decision to move to the UK in pursuit of higher education opportunities.

However, upon arrival, she was confronted with the reality that she needed to secure a post-graduate visa to be eligible to work in the country, a process that required a significant sum of money.

As a result, the mother has been unable to contribute financially to the family’s expenses, leaving her husband as the sole breadwinner.

According to the woman @gloriaotikor1, the situation has taken a toll on her family’s mental and emotional well-being. The creditors who lent her money in Nigeria are incessantly calling her, expecting repayment now that she is in the UK.

However, with no means of income and mounting bills, the family is facing an uncertain and distressing future.

Despite their efforts to secure funds, the woman has been unable to complete her school fees, putting her educational aspirations at risk. As a result, the family is trapped in a cycle of debt, struggling to make ends meet in a foreign country with limited resources.

The husband’s job, though providing some income, is insufficient to cover the rent and provide for the needs of their five children.

Netizens Reactions…
@Adekoya Adeniran said: “Rule 1! Never sell assets to relocate! NEVER!” olayinkaolowolag7 said: “Skill worker’s route is better for a big family like that.”

@Evolak said; “Greener pasture is not abroad, it’s a location where God has design for you. Understand this and have peace.”

@flikky said; “Why would they bring 5 children at once nawoo.”

@peaches said; “You see why I keep saying Canada is better than UK in terms of studying.”

@user5122196360123 said; “Their mistake was going together, They supposed go one after another.”

@browniebee said; “Omo people don’t listen ..I pray God help her ooo…Abroad no easy come join 5 kids.”

https://www.gistreel.com/family-regrets-selling-house-and-borrowing-money-to-relocate-abroad-now-stranded-and-facing-hardship/

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.