Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded (75448 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by georgeakins: 5:43am On Jul 31, 2023
bluefilm:

Tell that to eyeneck.

That election still dey pepper you?
E go pepper you tire.
Thank God we rejected that dumb and bigoted Obi.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Globad(f): 5:52am On Jul 31, 2023
Quintessence44:

People in UK wey dey jubilate when dem find security work, na him you sell your house carry 5 kids go UK.

Naija people no just get sense, especially when it concern oyinbo.

Dem go just turn mumu dey do nonsense like say oyinbo jazz them.

Even if you offer English man 5 million pound a year job for Nigeria, he can NEVER sell his house in England even he takes the job.

But a Nigerian will sell his house, leave his well paid job and gather his family to travel, in the HOPE that success will come there.

No be oyinbo juju be that?

Dem no dey hear word
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Gokoyer0(m): 5:56am On Jul 31, 2023
You like vawulence grin
Right005:

And so? The UK government will give them 30 million pounds upon landing in UK. Free housing, free cars, free healthcare etc. most people that japa to America earn over $1M per month from menial jobs. Nigeria is a bad country I swear. I have an uncle who japa with his family to UK. After a month over there, he bought a duplex worth over 300 million naira in Nigeria and that’s just below his monthly earning over there. Naira don cast, make people japa abeg

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by georgeakins: 5:56am On Jul 31, 2023
Slynation:
An Igbo man will never try this nonsense. I'm very certain about that!!

Ibos will not pay school fees.

They will prefer to carry drugs and their women will prefer Ashawo work.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by pendragonbladgo(m): 6:05am On Jul 31, 2023
OneCandleAway:

I guess you don't have anyone that's into farming to tell you their experience with herdsmen. And this is in south west.
But is not everywhere in the west na
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by sharpwriter(m): 6:06am On Jul 31, 2023
bisimilahi772:
HELLO NAIRALAND, I wish everyone one happy new week and happy new month in advance 💖💖

I need an advice. I got a Canada visit visa, I check the the travel expenses it very high at least 3M UP, I keep asking which work will I do there once I get there!!! I have not hear any advice on that regard. Can someone advice me will I get a good work with a travel visa or I should stay in Nigeria and work more. Or which hand work can I learn over here that will make good use for me in Canada. I currently own a bet9ja shop bariga Lagos.

Please I need advice no money to waste o
Go and learn truck driving!
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by emmaodet: 6:24am On Jul 31, 2023
pansophist:

It's really sad to think.

If I were in their shoes, I'll try to kill two bird with one stone. Even if I'll japa, I won't destroy my financial base back home.

That's my lifeline, and as life uncertainties occurs, I can always fall back to something. It's the same dynamic with the concept of rhe prodigal son.

After he messed up, his father was his fall back option to get back on track. Or a student who's parents are there to catch him financially if he falls.

Or a monkey that will make sure he holds another branches before jumping. As a man, you can't afford to fail, especially when such failure is a result of avoidable mistakes.

The regrets that will emanate from such failures can land one to depression, because you know you forked up. A man can't afford the flexibility of failure simply because people's survival are on him.

Men's responsibilities are non-negotiable by nature. Your children and your wife may change to worse by your bad mistakes. And some mistakes are like a knockout, you will never recover from it. It's downard ever.

They won't understand why they have to suffer, or even a reduction in lifestyle, and even if they adapt tonew realities, you'll loose a part of you. Your pride, honour and respect.

I only pray and hope they do not regret it. It will shatter them to pieces.

Hmmmmmmmmm

This really touched me - The regrets that will emanate from such failures can land one to depression, because you know you forked up. A man can't afford the flexibility of failure simply because people's survival are on him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by maasoap(m): 6:43am On Jul 31, 2023
bdon12:

As someone that has been to over 15 countries n still living in naija. i tell u this,its not d poor who cannot afford to eat that are japaring...its those who are comfortable in naija n can afford d big expense involved.i tell u this,security of life n property is real reason. also securing anothet passport for their kids is d main motive n not necessarily for greener pastures.life expectancy is very low un naija.people hardly live beyond 50.something stupid n silly must jst kii u.its either police bullet,or accident, or kidnappers ...jst stupid tins that dont happen abroad.

When you are done lying to yourself, let me know. How come most of the people I know who travelled to UK are struggling youngsters? I guess you believed anybody who is able to afford travelling expenses is rich, you don't know the length at which these people go to raise money
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by madridguy(m): 6:45am On Jul 31, 2023
Every jakpa without properly planning may end up like this. Just school visa, you carry five children, with your mother in-law and believe it will be easy.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Acidosis(m): 6:50am On Jul 31, 2023
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmmmm

This really touched me - The regrets that will emanate from such failures can land one to depression, because you know you forked up. A man can't afford the flexibility of failure simply because people's survival are on him.

Very deep post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Acidosis(m): 6:55am On Jul 31, 2023
pansophist:

It's really sad to think.

If I were in their shoes, I'll try to kill two bird with one stone. Even if I'll japa, I won't destroy my financial base back home.

That's my lifeline, and as life uncertainties occurs, I can always fall back to something. It's the same dynamic with the concept of the prodigal son.

After he messed up, his father was his fall back option to get back on track. Or a student who's parents are there to catch him financially if he falls.

Or a monkey that will make sure he holds another branches before jumping. As a man, you can't afford to fail, especially when such failure is a result of avoidable mistakes.

The regrets that will emanate from such failures can land one to depression, because you know you forked up. A man can't afford the flexibility of failure simply because people's survival are on him.

Men's responsibilities are non-negotiable by nature. Your children and your wife may change to worse by your bad mistakes. And some mistakes are like a knockout, you will never recover from it. It's downward ever.

They won't understand why they have to suffer, or even a reduction in lifestyle, and even if they adapt to new realities, you'll loose a part of you. Your pride, honour and respect.

I only pray and hope they do not regret it. It will shatter them to pieces.

This is very deep bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:58am On Jul 31, 2023
Extremekofoshi:

After estate agent, fear travel agent.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by fakawer: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2023
Blame the woman, yes the woman, she go don disturb the man tire, fight am compare am to others, she will still blame the man for not doing more research

2 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Deepspirituals: 7:29am On Jul 31, 2023
fakawer:
Blame the woman, yes the woman, she go don disturb the man tire, fight am compare am to others, she will still blame the man for not doing more research
. The Day you Free yourself and mind from Woman Words ,Talks , Pressures , disturbances , pussy Pleasure and Control ,that day you Experience Peace .

Many Men are in their Untimely Grave right now because they fail to Realise This .

3 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by DesChyko: 7:35am On Jul 31, 2023
BigIyanga:

All this epistle na to market motivovaprenuers who boast of fancy words and tiktok experience… but no real world ‘ I have done it’ experience??

Another episode of Say you are not alive without saying you are not alive. Did you say this after doing a Google Search of his name or you're one of those research-lazy Nigerians that only take what they are spoon-fed? 😁
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by uuzba(m): 7:40am On Jul 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
How did the UK school accept someone of her calibre? If you have a well paying job in Nigeria, you do not need to japa.

UK does not GIVE A F*** who you ARE.
PROVIDED You are have money to GIVE THEM to PAY SCHOOL FEES.
They need YOUR MONEY.
So even if you a complete ode buruku, LUNATIC...
So far you carry YOUR MONEY AND PAY UK SCHOOL FEES,,,
They will take you in.
I laugh on this platform when people will be celebrating that they got admission into UK university.
This is EXACTLY what the university wants.
For YOU to MARKET their institution in YOUR country, praise them, and get more of YOUR people to come and PAY THEM school fees.
Don't praise your own Nigerian university O. Praise their own UK university.
They're not looking at your stupid dunce, result or Jamb score. They give no F*** about it.
JUST PAY THEIR FEES. And they will take you.
SIMPLE.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Clean2016: 7:45am On Jul 31, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Am sure a travel agent with sugar tongue decieved them

Travel agent won't make heaven

But on a serious note, many Nigerians in diaspora make videos to warn people of the harsh reality abroad but we call them enemies of progress

If you have a good job or business in Nigeria, travel abroad on a return ticket which is two ways ticket and don't resign, or announce to anyone you are traveling abroad, don't go with your family at first

Can you wash and work as dish washer long hours with machine

Can you be a caregiver nanny to a dementia old shitting grandpa

Can you work as farm hand or picker

Can you drive long ours or construction site

Are you rugged

Reality will bring out the ruggedity in them

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by sofiscatedmoron: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2023
Fake stories to stop japa ,
See how people are believing the fake story
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by sukkot: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2023
XAUBulls:

SMH.

grin 30 million. down the drain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by fakawer: 7:51am On Jul 31, 2023
Deepspirituals:
. The Day you Free yourself and mind from Woman Words ,Talks , Pressures , disturbances , pussy Pleasure and Control ,that day you Experience Peace .

Many Men are in their Untimely Grave right now because they fail to Realise This .

i dey tell u, dem go push u push till u stop thinking n start doing their bidding, the lady fit get easy way out there now n will only carry herself out, they are made to look out for them selves.

Why carry all kids, haba
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by sukkot: 7:54am On Jul 31, 2023
PotatoSalad:
I remember when you needed just 8m to move to UK. Now you need 25m or you're just playing.
25 milla

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by kalufelix(m): 7:57am On Jul 31, 2023
karkinase:
As Una dey scam Oyinbo dem too dey scam Una with Visa charges too ..😂
I swear... the family get luck say no be germany..dem for sleep for frankfurt wake up for obalende by now..
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by bdon12: 8:05am On Jul 31, 2023
maasoap:

When you are done lying to yourself, let me know. How come most of the people I know who travelled to UK are struggling youngsters? I guess you believed anybody who is able to afford travelling expenses is rich, you don't know the length at which these people go to raise money
Forget length of raising money.If u can raise money to travel abroad, then u are not a hungry man.Goto ielts exam centres n see d cars of guys coming to write ielts in order to japa.M telling u d poor in naija cannot afford to raise money to japa

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by teepain: 8:09am On Jul 31, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Is the price abroad of all these things you listed exactly the price here in Nigeria based on the exchange rate

Nice question, I am waiting for his response.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Okestra01(m): 8:25am On Jul 31, 2023
te author=Lilimax post=124769210]My two siblings and there family just relocated last Wednesday; one japa to the US and the other to Canada.

Our last born told me that the last person to leave Nigeria should lock Nigeria with the key and throw it to the River Niger grin[/quote]
can we talk on WhatsApp please.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Okestra01(m): 8:26am On Jul 31, 2023
te author=Lilimax post=124769210]My two siblings and there family just relocated last Wednesday; one japa to the US and the other to Canada.

Our last born told me that the last person to leave Nigeria should lock Nigeria with the key and throw it to the River Niger grin[/quote]
Can we deal please
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by crossbreedwears(m): 8:29am On Jul 31, 2023
Even those living in UK legally are finding life hard and some who haven't travelled wants to go there when we have other countries like Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Finland,Sweden
Yoighaman:

Most of the people relocating to the UK have never travelled abroad before. The few who have, just believe things will fall in good places for them las las. It's not a bad idea relocating abroad, but it must be done legally and well thought out.

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Okestra01(m): 8:30am On Jul 31, 2023
Or green pepper
pendragonbladgo:
Instead of you to sell your house and start farming, relocate to a village and buy farming equipment and fertilizers, you would have build more houses and be a millionaire by now.

Give me 5million, I rather relocate to a village and plant maize, or yam or rice instead of traveling abroad!
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Love800(m): 8:38am On Jul 31, 2023
Is it menial work or white collar job?
Vad123:
I went with two kids and we are having the best time of our lives. You go work sha
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by sunsweet33: 8:41am On Jul 31, 2023
fakawer:

I think so. My neighbour kept disturbing her husband all over the place until they went over there. so they left their son here with her mum. She’s a registered midwife but doing cleaning job. Don’t know when she’s planning to come and pick her son sha
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by PotatoSalad(m): 8:47am On Jul 31, 2023
sukkot:
25 milla
The money sef no be guarantee anymore. You fit hustle finish, Embassy go serve you hot breakfast for mail.
Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by sukkot: 8:53am On Jul 31, 2023
PotatoSalad:

The money sef no be guarantee anymore. You fit hustle finish, Embassy go serve you hot breakfast for mail.
hehe wahala everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.