Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,742 members, 7,831,369 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? (52870 Views)

Who Did I Offend? / I Had 6 C6 In My Waec And 1 B3 Did I Try And 2 D7 / How A UNILAG Lecturer Pestered A Married Woman For Sex - Wale Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by LtChisom: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ezyp:

You dey find free English tutor for your unborn kids... grin badt guys

Am sapiosexual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by abobote: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Wait, so you created a thread just to ask us how much you ought to charge your clients for services that you're supposed to render to them?

No vex abeg, but why is this supposed to concern us? As in, why should we be in any place to even make inputs into your financial dealings? And you were actually moved to front page?

This matter no clear!
The main purpose is to advertise himself here
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by OgaRico(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
Reading this just got me thinking maybe you live inside my head.

sunsweet33:

Most phoné phoné Nigerians just end up sounding stupid. The Indian people you mentioned can polish themselves up but not to the extent of mimicking British English.

If I’ve gotten the lady correctly these people basically want her to prime their kids so that they will be able to assimilate well once they travel abroad for studies.

From that angle I kinda get it but I severely doubt that it’s possible to imbibe an authentic British accent from some sporadic lessons in Nigeria.

This is how we lost the Benin Bronzes and countless other precious artefacts to the likes of these people. By being neither here nor there and blowing with the wind.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by rezzy: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
A colleague of mine called me last week and Said a woman needs a sounds teacher to come and take the child on sounds this summer to enable the child read before school resumes and that she wants someone with British diction.
So, because I'm a diction instructor and have done that kind of job in the past ( like nine years ago) my friend recommended me.

Back then ( 2014) when I was into this home lesson full time, I was charging 25k per child and its three times a week and I pick the places I go to. No long distance thing.
Now with the current situation of the economy and considering my age, I charged this woman 50k three times a week and she said it's too much. Meanwhile, the school the child is attending was where I taught before I left and started doing home lesson and their school fees then ( 2014) was 95k for prep class. By now it should be around 150k. My friend already told me the school the child attends.

She said it's too much that she can only afford 20k. I just ignored them. They will pay 150k for school fees, nothing much to show for it but will want to give you peanut and expect you to perform magic under 1month.

If I handle the child, no doubt, she'll read and her accent will change but definitely not for that amount. I'll now be trekking that long distance cos no bike and somebody is telling me 50k is too much.

Did I do wrong by ignoring them cos they want me to come and start this August but I have zeroed my mind there.

Would you accept such amount for home lesson?

It's Moderate.

They will call you because nobody will do it for less

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Pkgplanet: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
LtChisom:

When you said because of your age, how old are you? Are you of child bearing age?
Is there anyone old enough to be on nairaland who is not of child bearing age? Most ridiculous question I ever heard from a supposed adult,or maybe you're kid,who knows.
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by LtChisom: 6:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
Pkgplanet:

Is there anyone old enough to be on nairaland who is not of child bearing age? Most ridiculous question I ever heard from a supposed adult,or maybe you're kid,who knows.

Oga piglet, just respect your fuckn smelly mouth, nothing concern me with a nincompoop like you.
You shouldn't be holding me accountable for your worthless and meaningless miserable life, I never caused your frustration.
Re: Guys, Did I Overcharge This Woman For This? by Hamachi(f): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2023
wink
Jewessgratitud3:

I thought as much. Like one soldier woman sometime ago that was collecting pounds from the sister abroad and giving me peanut to take her sisters daughter on diction so she can join her mother later. She even included her own daughter to lesson for the same fees. I just looked at her and laughed. I focused more on the sisters daughter. Later I had to stop cos she was using me to make money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Does This Teacher Represent During Your Secondary Sch Days? / A B U , Here We Come > / Nigerian Student In Taiwan University Makes His School Raise The Nigerian Flag.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.