Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:16 AM

I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre (59090 Views)

Falcons Player, Ashleigh Plumptre Joins Al-Ittihad In Saudi Arabia. / Ashleigh Plumptre Switches Nationality To Nigeria / Leicester City Ashleigh Plumptre Trained With Super Falcons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by Stinty: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
The moment i saw that name, i new she must come from Lagos island

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by Raskimonojendor: 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
Elev82014:

Oh OK! Thanks for the clarification and correction. Appreciate that!!
You are welcome.
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
kcbusta:
grin ; ; ;

Will you accept Giannis the basketballer? His Dad is Yoruba and his mum is Igbo. tongue tongue
Is he Chinedu?

Is he on record insulting Yoruba culture like Shinedu?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
CJStarz:
Una don dey celebrate her but tomorrow if she wan become Governor for Lagos state,same una go tell her say she no be full Yoruba.
Wetin una do GRV because him Mama na Igbo go come back to haunt una.

If she insults Yoruba people and culture like Shinedu, yes we will reject.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by Raskimonojendor: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kalakulu:
She's rubbish, just playing nonsense at the moment and has never impressed in national colours. It's obvious she entered the team based on backdoor Oyinbo privilege, nobody cares if you're yoruba or Taiwanese.
Several mixed race Nigerians tried to enter the team. She was the best and made the cut. Not everyone enters the national team through backdoor. If she did, she would spend more time on the bench than on the field.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by HitlerWasRight: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Why did Ibos not make another Lagos in Alaibo? Some of you have your brains under your footwear.

Liberalism of the Yorubas plus the Big industries and multinationals made Lagos. It's not Okoro selling phone chargers in a wheelbarrow, or chinese selling cold drinks and Okpa in computer village, neither is it Ndubuisi 4' x 4' shop in Alaba.

Abeg school that Okoro

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kenmatt:
OP, you said her Father hails from Lagos.

Please are there any people who are the indigenous people of Lagos?

No, because Lagos fell down from the sky the same time the Europeans invaded us. So, nobody was living on the land because Lagos is a celestial land.

Olodo rabata!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kukutente23:

I hope if she wants to run for office in Lagos one day, you and your fellow bigots will not call her oyinbo simply because she's not running on your favourite corny platform

She's not f00lish like shinedu to insult her people's culture. If she does, she gets shinedu's treament.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by iamdapsyj(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The way useless people like you do talk to people anyhow online eh... Internet dey cause nonsense

Like how you talk anyhow on politics section 😜.....continue to cry
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
uuzba:

People just be claiming anything when it favours them.
When she's chilling overseas she will be claiming Nigerian.
If you are Nigerian, come here and enter 5hrs traffic jam and carry water with bucket on your head.
Sleep with mosquitoe, heat and no light. Plus allow embassy to deny your visa to leave.
After 1 month experience, you will reject Nigeria from your blood.
Nonsense.

STOP whinning. buy mosquito net and gen.
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by Ikaeniyan0: 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
iamdapsyj:

Like how you talk anyhow on politics section 😜.....continue to cry
okay boy
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by Raskimonojendor: 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Abeg school that Okoro
We will keep drumming knowledge into their heads.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
CCIA:
Why must they always come shout I am black, I am black even if they only have trace genes of it.

Where did she say she's black? She says she's Yoruba.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
Bukola94:
they are bringing the wc home,by God grace

When did God start playing football?
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
CCIA:

You see the problem with your comprehension !?

I was giving an instance.

Then STOP using irrelevant instance.
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
Peppysco:
You guys still don't understand, Chinedu isn't cancelled because his mum is Igbo, but was cancelled because he's perceived as a 5th columnist and as such, can't be trusted. The guy's physical and social media infractions against the Yoruba race he claims exposed his agenda. Back to the matter, Gianni's was in Lagos few weeks ago, played with young bloods on the street and never undermined his people, can we say the same about your GRV?

Igbos understand very well why we rejected shinedu. Afterall, he is their project. They just pretend NOT to understand to push a propaganda. You should know them by now.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
001Lagos:
If this girl wants Tinubu supporters to hate her and call her Omo Igbo like they did to Gbadebo Rhodes, make she come out to contest against Tinubu or any of his family member in Lagos . They will call her Omo ale 😂

Did she insult her Yoruba people and culture? No, then you're just playing with your genitals. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
kelly72:

Why won't they. There is a tribe in Nigeria, the number of their children playing for other countries can make 2 national times.

So it's a good thing about Ashley we are proud of her..

which tribe? And name these players or shut up forever.
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by DodadaKoKigbe: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
sucess001:
I want to Plump her Tyre grin grin cheesy

Clap for yourself. This lame phrase is the peak of your achievement on earth.
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by HitlerWasRight: 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
She doesn't look white .

She's a Quadroon.

Quadroons are not white .
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by zhirkovrado(m): 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
I need her contact
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by Kukutente23: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Association of IPOB terrorists ^^^^^

GRV is IPOB. He was rightly rejected just like that IPOB Eze in Isolo.

Governor Ademola Adeleke has an Igbo mom and was accepted.
Well, Adeleke was rejected in 2018 according to election results. Was he ipob then?
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by BENEAMATA: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2023
Oyinbos dey choose to play for naija e.g Plumptre , Agboola ruben , leon balogun so Tammy abraham , saka and that one wey dey pronounce him three letter ,two vowel sounding surname as " haib " ( Ibe ) , can all f#@koff !
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by 001Lagos: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Did she insult her Yoruba people and culture? No, then you're just playing with your genitals. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
did yemi Osibanjo insult Yoruba tribe and culture before you people started calling him "Odale and Judas"

Yeye people 😂
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by HitlerWasRight: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
001Lagos:
did yemi Osibanjo insult Yoruba tribe and culture before you people started calling him "Odale and Judas"

Yeye people 😂

Okoro, why not change your plate number to 001 Biafra,?

1 Like

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by uuzba(m): 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

STOP whinning. buy mosquito net and gen.
You missed the point.
You totally missed it.
I don't even think Nigerians even know where the point is again.
Ii is a born heritage to deliberately miss the point.
Sorry for taking your time.
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by aariwa(m): 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
Clowns I guess she is now more Yoruba than Gbadebo Rhodes . I believe Ashley Plumptre is not a fool and will ask Gbadebo an original family owner of Lagos what those ronu idiots did to him
Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by Spindletop: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
[quote author=SpatialKing post=124776308]Yorubas will never accept you as their own or one of them...
[/quote
As e dey pain them e dey sweet us. Just because she is not from the far yeast. Smelling mouth shut up! and face IPOB that is decimating your region. Onyioshi!

1 Like

Re: I’m Yoruba, They Only See Me As White —Falcons’ Ashleigh Plumptre by ThePundit14(m): 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
Yes but if you noticed, she had decent touches of the ball and releasing the passes without putting pressure on herself compare to Kanu and Ayinde who held the ball for too long causing a threat to the defenders at the back.

Ikaeniyan0:
The Australian player that was attacking from Ashleigh Plumptre position was just passing through her with ease

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Portugal Vs Morocco: World Cup (1 - 0) On 20 June, 2018 / N'golo Kante Drives A N9.6m Mini Cooper S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.