Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,046 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank (763 Views)

How My Access Bank Account Was Cleared / Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) / My Binance Account Was Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by bet9ja(m): 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2023
@Ops, Apologises if i'm posting under wrong section. I just needed to share my story and let people learn from my experience.

Yesterday, I was at Justrite Supermarket trying to checkout after doing my normal monthly shopping. It was time to pay when i noticed that I could not make a transfer from my Wema Bank Account ( Salary Account ) to my other bank account which i use for my daily transactions. Thank God i was with my wife. She later settle the expenses. This morning, I contacted Wema bank and i was informed that I must come inside the bank before this can be rectified.

I was angry because i will need to fuel nothing less than N6000 to get to my branch but i had no option.

On getting to the bank, I lodged a complaint and i was asked to have a seat. The next thing i noticed was 2 ladies in Police Uniform greeting me and asking me questions about my previous visit to the bank which was on the 22-07-2023. They said someone was in the bank with me the last time i came that pointed at me to be my driver. And when i was leaving, he also left with me. I was dumbfounded because i went to the bank alone to and I left alone, hence i told them i don't have a driver and i never came with anyone.

While the police women were standing behind me, a group of staffs came with a laptop to show me a CCTV footage, I saw myself in the footage seated and i noticed that as i was about to stand up from my seat after been attended to, a guy came from behind and pretended as if he wanted to do something and that was all.

Now the questioning started. I was questioned as if they were waiting for me to admit that i came with the guy, to the extent that my account officer was interrupting me while i was explaining what brought me to the bank. I explained everything that transpired that day which they also affirmed to.

One of their boss called me into the office and apologise and went to the customer experience to unblock my account.

I am stressed emotionally and traumatised because I have never found myself in this such ugly situation before now.

I am home now depressed. I have a week leave from work that i planned to enjoy, I planned to free my mind and refresh before this happened and at the moment i cannot focus.

I don't know if anyone has experience this, or this could be a new trend of identity exploitation. Please be careful out there.

My question is, since everything is fine now, do i need to let this slide.

Lawyer in the house. Please help....

2 Likes

Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by bet9ja(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
bet9ja:
@Ops, Apologises if i'm posting under wrong section. I just needed to share my story and let people learn from my experience.

Yesterday, I was at Justrite Supermarket trying to checkout after doing my normal monthly shopping. It was time to pay when i noticed that I could not make a transfer from my Wema Bank Account ( Salary Account ) to my other bank account which i use for my daily transactions. Thank God i was with my wife. She later settled the bill. This morning, I contacted Wema bank and i was informed that I must come inside the bank before my problem can be resolved.

I was angry because i will need to fuel nothing less than N6000 to get to my branch but i had no option.

On getting to the bank, I lodged a complaint and i was asked to have a seat. The next thing i noticed was 2 ladies in Police Uniform greeting me and asking me questions about my previous visit to the bank which was on the 22-07-2023. They said someone was in the bank with me the last time i came that pointed at me to be my driver. And when i was leaving, he also left with me. I was dumbfounded because i went to the bank alone and I left alone, hence i told them i don't have a driver and i never came with anyone.

While the police women were standing behind me, a group of staffs came with a laptop to show me a CCTV footage, I saw myself in the footage seated and i noticed that as i was about to stand up from my seat after been attended to, a guy came from behind and pretended as if he wanted to do something and that was all.

Now the questioning started. I was questioned as if they were waiting for me to admit that i came with the guy, to the extent that my account officer was interrupting me while i was explaining what brought me to the bank. I explained everything that transpired that day which they also affirmed to.

One of their boss called me into the office and apologise and went to the customer experience to unblock my account.

I am stressed emotionally and traumatised because I have never found myself in this such ugly situation before now.

I am home now depressed. I have a week leave from work that i planned to enjoy, I planned to free my mind and refresh before this happened and at the moment i cannot focus.

I don't know if anyone has experience this, or this could be a new trend of identity exploitation. Please be careful out there.

Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by izombie(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
Too long.
Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by talented321: 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2023
If i were u, i would have let it slide''
Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by seanfer(m): 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2023
OP if you have a lawyer let Him/Her write the bank branch and request them to write you an apology letter... I don't think you can get any compensation from them but the apology letter will go a long way to ease your mind.. But if you don't have a lawyer let it slide..

5 Likes

Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by Jogs1900: 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2023
Please let it slide unless you have money to throw away by engaging a lawyer.
In all, don't expect any compensation from the bank except an apology letter.shikena

2 Likes

Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by bet9ja(m): 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2023
seanfer:
OP if you have a lawyer let Him/Her write the bank branch and request them to write you an apology letter... I don't think you can get any compensation from them but the apology letter will go a long way to ease your mind.. But if you don't have a lawyer let it slide..

Thank you. I don't even need any compensation whatsoever, But for future reference. Apology letter will do.
Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by seanfer(m): 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
bet9ja:

Thank you. I don't even need any compensation whatsoever, But for future reference. Apology letter will do.

Also request that your account officer should be changed or else you will close your account with the branch.... For your account officer to be trying to pin a crime on you says alot about the person....

2 Likes

Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by bet9ja(m): 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2023
seanfer:

Also request that your account officer should be changed or else you will close your account with the branch.... For your account officer to be trying to pin a crime on you says alot about the person....

Thank you for this suggestion. I am typing the letter at the moment and it is part of the request that i made..
Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2023
Them no arrest you na.
Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by online4business: 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2023
seanfer:

You had better follow this advice not only will it make your mind rest... It's good for posterity.

Make sure your lawyer copy cbn and IFU Police u unit too ooo for your AO trying to implicate you of fraud.

Disgruntled bank workers plenty of na them yahoo boy dey use.

Frame the apology letter put for house self so your kids go see am.
Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by Babamide(m): 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
I would have closed the account on the spot.
Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by Simdyofficial(f): 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
izombie:
Too long.
werey pro max...
Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by Legalaffairs(m): 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2023
Get a Lawyer that will write them and demand a full written explanation of everything that transpired. After facts verification you can chose to let it slide or demand a written apology.

The facts they revealed will determine the next line of action. Don't be in a hurry to be a nice man to let it slide.

The written explanation and the apology letter might be your saving grace someday in the future some unscrupulous person might use this situation to accuse you of fraud or rubbish your chances may be politically or otherwise.

Didn't be nice, be wise

bet9ja:

Yesterday, I was at Justrite Supermarket trying to checkout after doing my normal monthly shopping. It was time to pay when i noticed that I could not make a transfer from my Wema Bank Account ( Salary Account ) to my other bank account which i use for my daily transactions. Thank God i was with my wife. She later settle the expenses. This morning, I contacted Wema bank and i was informed that I must come inside the bank before this can be rectified.

On getting to the bank, I lodged a complaint and i was asked to have a seat. The next thing i noticed was 2 ladies in Police Uniform greeting me and asking me questions about my previous visit to the bank which was on the 22-07-2023. They said someone was in the bank with me the last time i came that pointed at me to be my driver. And when i was leaving, he also left with me. I was dumbfounded because i went to the bank alone to and I left alone, hence i told them i don't have a driver and i never came with anyone.

1 Like

Re: I Was Wrongly Accused And My Account Was Frozen By Wema Bank by bet9ja(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2023
Legalaffairs:
Get a Lawyer that will write them and demand a full written explanation of everything that transpired. After facts verification you can chose to let it slide or demand a written apology.

The facts they revealed will determine the next line of action. Don't be in a hurry to be a nice man to let it slide.

The written explanation and the apology letter might be your saving grace someday in the future some unscrupulous person might use this situation to accuse you of fraud or rubbish your chances may be politically or otherwise.

Didn't be nice, be wise

I really appreciate your detailed advice. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Negotiation / Why Do People Lack Business Ideas In Nigeria / Do You Just Browse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.