Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) (64008 Views)

Pelumi Nubi, Driving From London To Lagos, Arrives Nigeria After 68 Days / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
That's my view all the few times I've been to Lagos. I always pity those living there

3 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by sisisioge: 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Whew! That about sums it! It is well with us.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Mckandre(m): 2:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
I laughed through out the entire period i was reading this grin grin grin
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Ashirioluwa: 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
tommy589:
Welcome to Nigeria grin

When you are not a super hero like Flash,12 days is not enough to tour Nigeria. There are pleasant places you missed

You’re right, but Lagos is the most popular place those foreigners want to visit because that’s the main city that’s known to them.

Nothing is untrue about what this man wrote about nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by lesson44: 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
proeast:
Another international disgrace. These people will go round Lagos, then a little further to the slums of Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ibadan and ogbomosho and conclude that's how the rest of Nigeria is.

If only they can go beyond to the cities in SS, SE and North they will have a much better impression.

It's really sad.
I am a Nigerian/American, I based here in the US, I visits Nigeria two to three times a year. What the article describes is 100 % accurate in my opinion.
The only missing part is that, the person did not mention how most people smell sweaty. They Don’t use deodorants . I hope they teach that in Nigeria schools as part of a curriculum,It is that bad. Order for room service in hotels , the room smells will change as soon as the waiters enters your room. Some smell so bad, even air freshener can’t mask the smell. Bath three times a day, don’t not matter, if you don’t use deodorant , you are going to smell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Relevant123: 2:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
As a man who was born and raised in Lagos, anytime i hear lagos is this and that,
I just shake my head and look to the next content

Nigeria is still an under_developed country,forget the hype

How can people be pissing and shitting on the express way??
How can agberos be collecting task?
Why is there no good road?
Why is there no pipe born water?
Why cant our minimum wage be 100k and above when our useless minister rake in millions ??

Its justb the individuals making d nation proud,nothing more

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by LUAN(m): 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
seunmsg:
He saw all these in 12 days? I can bet this nonsense was written by an ipob supporter.
3 days is enough.

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Cromagnon: 2:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
tommy589:
Welcome to Nigeria grin

When you are not a super hero like Flash,12 days is not enough to tour Nigeria. There are pleasant places you missed
like where
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Stanley1155: 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
I don tire for this bigotry,the fight suppose b against our leaders,I no understand again,abeg make we give love a chance.

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Kajaard: 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
tommy589:
Welcome to Nigeria grin

Even the Flash will have a problem running through Lagos with the traffic,if he is not careful he could break his legs cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by LUAN(m): 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Kylekent59:
They left the lady that posted the news, and start channeling their energy on Southeast.

Cursed country
grin
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
They will label the tourist as Ipob member

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
We love the social freedoms here. Police don't stop us here and test our alcohol blood levels.

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Autobot05: 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
One day I. Go. Japa by God’s grace

I was born and Brought up in Lagos everything up there is true.

3 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
Everyone that's been to Nigeria describe it the same way the American guy did.🤔🤔🤔

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Goodman247: 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:
Like It or not Nigeria is one of the best country when t comes to freedom
which yeye freedom, what you mean by ur so called freedom is being reckless, outlaws and holigans in d society, no society develops like that .

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Dpleaser: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
These white guys are wiser because we make them look so, is there any sense in his description of Lagos, but the few no patriotic Nigeria among us will easily agree with the fool since they don't care about the country in the first place.
We're aware of alums in the US and some part of Europe but they'll never talk about it.
Their Media will only show you beautiful cities covering the underdeveloped ones.
But they'll rush to expose our slums to the world as if we don't have any development. All thanks to the children of hate that'll rather see the country falling through bad image that making it a better one.

They've forgotten that "ti idi babajetan tonidi ni nda"

Taylor90:

Freedom because a Chicago most wanted criminal egos supposed to be chilling in prison is allowed to be president in Nigeria

What a freedom country

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Panda7(m): 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
Lagos is one city built with no proper direction just like the same way tinubu came into power just because his e-warriors wants to proof a point yet ending up backsliding and plunging everyone, businessess into untold dark hardship at the same time flexing his muscle with an ex militant because he is too much interested in having crude raw material than building necessary refineries and oil infrastructure because he has no regards for the rule of law not to talk of guarding ex militants to where they truly belong. You could have taught tinubu is intelligent, but which intelligent leader would be so barbaric as to bring such hardship knowing too well nigeria cannot produce half of its crude consumption and dangote refinery isn't anywhere near completion. Same subsidy he crucified ex president for attempting to remove it. In a world that has evolved and moved on from fossil fuels burning, tinubu hasn't put the way forward even in a map outside crude oil exploration in a country that is struggling to feed itself from agriculture sufficiency. The question remains, who will move nigeria from the dormant steel hands to an industrialized economy safe with human rights and environment for human habitation without having to pass the baton to another untalented actor. Tinubu you have woefully failed with your untimely acts and having no provision for economic growth and stability outside putting the people at stake because you needs to cut cost on subsidy and lay a hold on money.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
That is a very honest, real, and at the same time sad description. Almost makes my eyes teary reading that knowing how many people are living in these poor conditions in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2023
Right on this
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by fabolouz1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2023
Perception differs from people .
According to Prof. Maurice Ebong , no two individuals perceive things the same way even identical twins.
Another person can see Nigeria ,as a place inhabited by wealthy and healthy citizens so her perception isn't a fact.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Espelbengz(m): 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
Last 8yrs of wailing never do you, you have decided to extend it to 16yrs😂😜😂
Obi still won't be president 😜😜😜😜

Taylor90:

Freedom because a Chicago most wanted criminal egos supposed to be chilling in prison is allowed to be president in Nigeria

What a freedom country

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Awaja(m): 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
She didn't see the beautiful side of Nigeria to publish,she de kops

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Bouncin(m): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
It's only f'ools that live in lagos grin
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Dancebreaker: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
remiopash:
Lol... IF he has only been to slums and dirty part of Lagos ,it means he could go to the places he could afford .I hope his mindset would change if he has money to visit or stay at Osapa, Ajah Badore, Banana Island, Parkview,Ikate Elegushi, Ikota,Apongbon,Lekki Phase 1 , Lekki Phase 2, Marina e.t.c
Foreign observers don't selectively look at things that way. For example, despite knowing Dangote as super rich, they will view him as that man from a very poor country.

The collective prosperity of a country is what people from advanced countries consider. Not the pockets of rich people in a massive sea of poverty. That is how they choose countries to give visa free entry, in addition to a few other criteria.

The American mentioned that there are rich/middle class people who live behind high barb-wired fenced houses with security guard.

I am not rich but whenever I stayed a bit longer in 9ja, I lived behind high walls with security just like he described. So, the description cannot the faulted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by SirLakes: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Some Nigerians won't agree with this, we like to lie to ourselves a lot even when outsiders are not lying to us about ourselves grin

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Elev82014: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
It's an open secret that that Zoo of a country has absolutely NOTHING to be proud of!

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by armyofone(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
The guy tried. Why the pissing and shitting around and any how ?

Nigerians eat and drink too much?

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Larrygabby: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Nobody has you to come, precised many homeless people are in United State also.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Gtwix: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
The fact is that u exploiter,kept Africa this way. Sins of the father! It will choke you and ur kids up
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by meobizy(f): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
Everything he typed is correct. He also visited Abuja and Kano. Most of the people typing rubbish here have never journeyed out of Lagos or Sango-Ota. Your opinions are completely invalid.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai / Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.