Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor (62686 Views)

Vwaere Daiso: Installer Of Faulty Elevator Handed Over To Police – LASG / Vwaere Diaso: Lagos NMA Declares Indefinite Strike In 3 Govt Hospitals / Dr Vwaere Diaso: Lagos Government Condoles Family, Sets Up Inquiry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Nolevel666: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2023
No one needs to be told that nothing works in this shithole called Nigeria.

Don’t be suprised if money was allocated to fix or replace the elevator but was pocketed as usual by the management heads.

RIP

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Btruth: 9:42am On Aug 02, 2023
.....this is so sad. 😢
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by chatinent: 9:42am On Aug 02, 2023
Believe me when I say that the thought of visiting a structure in Nigeria with more than four stories gives me the willies; much alone more than ten! Our shoddy approach to preventative maintenance is a damned shame. Even if it's the only alternative that's still available, I can't even rent a space in Nigeria that's more than one storey high. The majority of commercially rented property is constructed with low-quality materials due to the fact that the owners do place a higher value on money than they do on people's lives. And whenever I stay in one of those enormous hotels, the anxiety returns as well. This isn't a case of acrophobia so much as it is a phobia for sloppy building maintenance practices. In other words, do judge this book by its cover! Breakage everywhere should be used as a yardstick for judging the interior design!

Second, I never ride the elevators in any government building. I've been through several things but not playing with my life with government poorly maintained structures. If the building's exterior structures can be poorly maintained, then the interiors are likely in far worse shape. I will never refuse to use the stairs and will always consider them a form of exercise... until, of course, I am in Europe. There have been many cases where people died this way but only a few hit the news!

Watch as they fix that elevator and act like nothing has happened in the next few days for the sake of the upheavals caused by the demise of the girl...while they try to rat out who let the cat outta the bag. And for anyone who dares to be more chaotic or cry more than the bereaved, they will be witch-hunted or their licenses revoked.

Call it a country, I call it a death sentence.

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by PPIA: 9:43am On Aug 02, 2023
Goodlady:
It's paining me to the point that I ll v to write a thread about buildings that are about to collapse or get damaged suck-away, stairs etc and people still dey manage them.
How about you do that for Vagina's too? grin
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by tnerro1(m): 9:45am On Aug 02, 2023
With our poor, in fact very poor maintenance culture in this country and some people want to install CNG cylinders in their vehicles, I will continue to manage and buy fuel no matter the cost ooo

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by patrickcollins: 9:46am On Aug 02, 2023
Holybwoy:
RIP to her.. The Lagos state Government will do everything to dead this news and not make it go out.. The elevator will also be fixed overnight, tonight followed by a press release to bamboozle the public..

The family should however, be getting ready to press correct charges.. They will be heavily compensated
There is no compensation that can suite the pain of losing a love one
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by BigBashiru: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2023
Rossikk:

But it wasn’t black people who slaughtered 100 million of themselves in the last century. It was white people.

Ever heard of Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini?

These are white monsters who slaughtered millions of their own people.

But none was as monstrous as ‘King’ Leopold, the Monster of Belgium, who slaughtered 25 million Congolese just to steal their resources.

You really have your history twisted.

Africans are learners where it concerns ‘wickedness’.

You hv spoken well....the white man is a beast..... blacks are angels compared to the white man....

The problem of the black man is that he is too relaxed....and is lazy.....maybe because his environment is nice and sunny...m
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Fash20: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2023
Don't tell me that elevator had no fail safe mechanism. WTF. This is tragic. Pray God gives the family the fortitude to bear the loss.

That hospital should be sued. Gone are the days when elevator falls freely when they fail. Modern elevators have fail safe mechanism that ensures that the elevator does not fall when the cables fail
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by CaptainFM1: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by BreconHills(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2023
Holybwoy:
RIP to her.. The Lagos state Government will do everything to dead this news and not make it go out.. The elevator will also be fixed overnight, tonight followed by a press release to bamboozle the public..

The family should however, be getting ready to press correct charges.. They will be heavily compensated

I agree her family should sue. Very sad. I do not use the lift in public hospitals. They are death traps.
Legacy of CMD crimes. Most of these CMD are filthy rich due to regular capture of hospital allocations. Hardened wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Relevant123: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2023
RIP dear cry cry
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2023
Life is so fickle....
This country is a jungle
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by postmann: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2023
Never use an elevator in Nigeria.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by BigBashiru: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2023
postmann:
Never use an elevator in Nigeria.

Due to the indolensce and docility of the black monkeys....
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Ayilara1(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2023
descarado:

Govt has bodies that do supervision.
Did they ever go or given bribe to write a positive review on their equipments.

NNRA supervises all these things. We talk of corruptions in nnpc and Nepa but this unknown parastatal is the most corrupt among them. To even get work there na by higher corruption. If you don't know who is who, no way for you.

The whole system in Nigeria is designed for Nigeria to never prosper. It is only God that will make it prosper.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Father4all: 10:04am On Aug 02, 2023
Me I dey fear elevator oo even till now. Remember when I use to go to my father's office (Headquarters) Then people will be saying Boy use the lift! Use the lift!! and I will say no. I'm afraid thru will all laugh at me, some will thing I came from the rural area. Although, the elevator was very new and neat but I still dey fear. Even sometimes ago that I went to con oil headquarters at Marina 18th floor, my partners insisted we use the elevator. This elevator was old and weak and it makes a scary noise. Then I head a Yoruba man speaking Yoruba saying they won't repair this our elevator now oo until it kills person again. Brothers and sisters, that was the last time I entered elevator oo. This was about sixteen years ago sef. May the deceased lady RIP. Nigeria failed her.

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Walz001: 10:06am On Aug 02, 2023
Sometimes when we are praying against the devil i do tell my friends who is the devil ..... Blackman in blackskin are the devil's i know ....

Elevator bad for over 1 year is that not a death trap?
Okay she fell and was rushed for treatment but low and behold no equipment to treat her that has been treating fellow blacks

My advice ; we are the devil we pray against daily
Take good care of you because no one will do it for you
And don't take risk as against your Life
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Father4all: 10:08am On Aug 02, 2023
I stopped entering elevator sixteen years ago then someone was saying they won't repair this elevator now oo until it kills another person. That day, fear entered me oo

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Vulcan24(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2023
See guys ! Never use elevator or lift in Nigeria. During my marketing in finance, a 90%* of as offices in storey building have faulty elevators

.it's like entering a plane manufactured in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by naturefellow(m): 10:18am On Aug 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
see how corruption and proponents of the corrupt kills?

Be acting ignorant. Evil bot!

May her soul rest in peace!
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by kingthreat(m): 10:21am On Aug 02, 2023
Elevators needs to be services at least every 3 months. Why keep an elevator 3 months unserviced.
Accident happened in a hospital and her live could not be saved.
If a doctor could die from this, how much more a regular Nigerian?
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Calitoscassius(m): 10:23am On Aug 02, 2023
Wellcome to the zoo where nothing works. This tragedy was clearly caused by human error.

All they had to do was..

Fix

The

Forking

Lift!

Or maybe someone looted the funds meant for the fixing of the lift.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by TalkingBird: 10:26am On Aug 02, 2023
So unfortunate.
The loss is heavy.

All the effort waisted by negligence.

When you are hypnotized you blame what you shouldn't blame.

A people so hypnotized to stupor.

The confusion will continue.

But there is hope of deliverance of the human race. Search for it
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Luckybelt: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2023
The overall safety policy in this country needs overhauling. Yesterday chopper, today lift.
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by BigBashiru: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2023
hammerT:

DID THE GOV PROVIDE THEM WITH COFFEE MACHINE?

COFFEE SHOULD BE AVIALABLE AT WORK, FOR THOSE THAT NEED IT, IF AND WHEN THEY DO.

THEY SHOULD ALSO TRY TO FUNCTION WHEN THEY COME OFF THE COFFEE.

Excuses excuses
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Tzar(m): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2023
The hospital and elevator installer / company should be prosecuted!
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by BigBashiru: 10:40am On Aug 02, 2023
Walz001:
Sometimes when we are praying against the devil i do tell my friends who is the devil ..... Blackman in blackskin are the devil's i know ....

Elevator bad for over 1 year is that not a death trap?
Okay she fell and was rushed for treatment but low and behold no equipment to treat her that has been treating fellow blacks

My advice ; we are the devil we pray against daily
Take good care of you because no one will do it for you
And don't take risk as against your Life

No you got it twisted....the white man is Satan....

The only sin of the black man is laziness that's all....aside from that we are better than the white mann

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Bakrabas: 10:44am On Aug 02, 2023
Every soul shall tastes death "Kulu nafsi dhalika'l mout"
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by tabaralph: 10:44am On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by FireUpNow(m): 10:49am On Aug 02, 2023
Sanwo Ilu and his cohorts together with PBAT made Lagose mega city and said the various general hospitals and health centers in the state are world standard. Scams and lies. The family of the late doctor should press charges against the LASG. RIP to the late doctor. If to say she japa to the UK or US now this wouldn't have happened
Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by NoToPile: 10:53am On Aug 02, 2023
This is so terrible.

Chai.

Our problem is systemic
Negligence or corruption one of the two caused this nonsense that snuffed life out of this lady.

A Nigerian refused to do the job he was paid to do or a Nigerian has embezzled the money or money might have been released and the maintenace company did a shoddy work.

Heads have to roll in this matter. All those who chopped the money or ignored this matter must pay dearly.

It is still we Nigerians that are there. The rate at which we ignore things ehn it's alarming, we have a very terrible attitude to work and more alarmingly safety practices. Very terrible attitude I don't even know what to call it, probably mental laziness. Especially if it's govt work we just do anyhow anyhow..

Naso my heart go dey do gbim gbim gbim anytime I enter elevator.

1 Like

Re: Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor by Abigailwebsites(f): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2023
Same way I lost my baby due to hospital delay.

How can I be loosing blood and instead of me to be operated on immediately, they kept me for 3hours even as my husband had already paid the money they requested for.

My husband had to go get the doctor from his house following one of the nurses.
So if my husband didn't have a car, I would have died that night.
Before I was operated on, my baby had already drown in the pool of blood.

My husband even paid for the blood he donated. They asked him to pay 17,000 for the blood that was taken from him to be given to me.

So imagine how corrupt our system is and they expect Nigeria to get better.

The General hospitals in Nigeria needs to be fixed, now every doctor in most general hospitals want to have their own private clinics and forget that they have duties to fulfil in the offices they were employed in.

They are blaming her death on delay and the fact that blood wasn't given to her on time, don't be surprised, the delay might be due to the fact that the doctors that were supposed to be on duty were not available.
How can a person that has sustained fractures be kept for an hour with no attention?

May her soul rest in peace

Meanwhile
👇👇👇
Get subscribers and viewers on your YouTube page
Also, get followers and likes on your Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok pages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Health Management Information System - SIITGO / Pain During Sex / Nigerian Air Force Female Officer Commits Suicide In Lagos Military Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.