Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (123481 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by XAUBulls: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Oh yeah and they seem to also make a lot of money from agriculture so it will make sense being very protective. One of my projects this semester involved me visiting some farms here in Concepción and the scale of operations was massive as hell.
Very impressive! Being that they are in a tropical region of the world, agribusiness should indeed be a foremost source of huge income for them with their huge landmass.

Ah! So, you're furthering your academics in Chile right now for a Masters degree in the tech space?

I'm certain that by the time you're through in Chile, you would have learned new ways of doing agribusiness especially using biotechnology which the nearby Brazil uses effectively for large scale food production in the crop and dairy sectors.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by rmx: 2:29am On Dec 17, 2023
Limassol:

Is that fish salmon? If it is then ,I wouldn't be surprise - Chile is one of the largest producer of that kind of fish together with Norway and Scotland.

To the op saying he missed Nigerian food. I understand. But why happens to being open-minded enough to try out variety of Chilean cuisines out there, you may be surprise how pleasant it will be.

And with the abundant of seafood and fresh produce there , plus some great culinary skills you can always make your tasty dishes yourself. And if you feel stuck YouTube is always there to help you out.

Wish you good luck.

salmon was there , can’t remember the name of the other fish , also prawns , calamari and I think octopus . Was a seafood meal
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
Chileans are voting today to overhaul their constitution. I have been here and everywhere is so peaceful and so calm. No agbero has snatched ballot boxes yet and no one is telling indigenous Chileans like the mapudungun people who require a seperate country from Chile that they can't vote.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Chileans are voting today to overhaul their constitution. I have been here and everywhere is so peaceful and so calm. No agbero has snatched ballot boxes yet and no one is telling indigenous Chileans like the mapudungun people who require a seperate country from Chile that they can't vote.

It's a lie. Nigeria and with Agbero here and there, and corrupt government is better than that Chile. I rather go to Ethiopia than go to Chile.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by AngelicBeing: 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
Regex:

It's a lie. Nigeria and with Agbero here and there, and corrupt government is better than that Chile. I rather go to Ethiopia than go to Chile.
tongue

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 8:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
AngelicBeing:
tongue

Sarcasm brother. Sarcasm.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by AngelicBeing: 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
Regex:

Sarcasm brother. Sarcasm.
l understand wink
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:15pm On Dec 17, 2023
The voting took place in a public school near my house. Very quick and very seamless. You use your Chilean id card which everybody possesses.

What caught my fascination was that this is a public secondary school. Look at the amenities in a public school. Public schools in Chile is completely free for everyone and the children are also fed at school.

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
Funny enough there was a large protest months back against the university entrance exam. Students were saying that those from public schools were ill equipped to take the paes and that meant they couldn't get into the best universities in the country.

Men Africa we are cursed o. The black man has failed. Even to vote in Nigeria is a problem. They are voting here and you wont even know no noise nothing just vote and go so fast.

9 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
What I noticed is how they also build for the disabled. This school has only three stories and there's a lift for the old and disabled students.

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 7:35am On Dec 18, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Funny enough there was a large protest months back against the university entrance exam. Students were saying that those from public schools were ill equipped to take the paes and that meant they couldn't get into the best universities in the country.

Men Africa we are cursed o. The black man has failed. Even to vote in Nigeria is a problem. They are voting here and you wont even know no noise nothing just vote and go so fast.

Did you/ were you allowed to vote?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Raalsalghul: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
What I noticed is how they also build for the disabled. This school has only three stories and there's a lift for the old and disabled students.

This is quite normal in developed societies.

The disabled are catered for in every infrastructure.

In fact the catering for such people are billion dollar industries. Example is the social care sector in the U.K

Everyone is trying to have a bite of it
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2023
Karleb:

Did you/ were you allowed to vote?

No I am not a citizen yet.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 10:43am On Dec 18, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

No I am not a citizen yet.

But in Nigeria, you will be imported from cotonou to come and vote...🌚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 11:34am On Dec 18, 2023
Regex:

But in Nigeria, you will be imported from cotonou to come and vote...🌚

wink
Re: Memoirs From Chile by cassidypat(m): 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2023
Hi Tensa20 i would like to inquire what the average it would cost to study a bsc program in chile thanks also compliment of the season
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2023
cassidypat:
Hi Tensa20 i would like to inquire what the average it would cost to study a bsc program in chile thanks also compliment of the season

I wont advise this except you are very rich. Studying in Chile is expensive and undergraduate here is long. Engineering and sciences are 5 years while medicine is 7 years and average of around 6000 USD in USD per year and all studies are completely in spanish. Theres also an exam you need to take to get into university. Its called PAES and I am not sure its waved for even foreigners.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by DrAkpamudehe: 1:35am On Dec 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I wont advise this except you are very rich. Studying in Chile is expensive and undergraduate here is long. Engineering and sciences are 5 years while medicine is 7 years and average of around 6000 USD in USD per year and all studies are completely in spanish. Theres also an exam you need to take to get into university. Its called PAES and I am not sure its waved for even foreigners.

I hope you have gotten a job? because no be to dey parade all over Chile and advertising it to gullible Nigerians be the Koko, ... The Koko is getting a hustle that brings in the coins.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by MatrixReloaded: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2023
Regex:

Tensa you go answer... You go tire... Wetin concern the fool with your personal life...😂 😂 Nigerians sef.
Worst funny duorrrr...
Personal growth, where is the office space,; oh yah politics and literally educating the thread. Goofed
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Regex: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Worst funny duorrrr...
Personal growth, where is the office space,; oh yah politics and literally educating the thread. Goofed

Em, I didn't understand you.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 11:42am On Dec 27, 2023
So the moderators are just waking up on page 41?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by MatrixReloaded: 11:59am On Dec 27, 2023
Regex:

Em, I didn't understand you.
Spanish code grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (50) (Reply)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa

Viewing this topic: hammed71(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.