Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group (31352 Views)

Asake Brought Out Tunde Baiyewu At His 02 Arena Show. / MUSIC: Tunde (styl-plus) – My Heart / Tiwa Savage Wins AFRIMA 2017 Best Female West African Act. Beats Yemi Alade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by IjebuWarrior: 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
DevilishMan:

2Face Idibia > Wizkid + Davido + DBanj + Olamide + King Sunny Ade + Pasuma + KWAM1 + Paul IK Dairo + IamdBull

Onyeka Owenu > Tiwa Savage + Yemi Alade + Asa + Abeni Salawu

Lol...

2Face Idibia isn't Igbo for God sake. This is the problem with you okoro savages forcefully claiming other tribes. grin

Fela and KSA are too global to dey use for dis convo sef.

Onyeka can NEVER be >> Salawa Abeni, Tiwa, Tems Yemi Alade & Asa. I say NEVER

grin

Yoruba l'agba! cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by OgunkeelAllMod: 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
grin one of their song I like very well is Mama Basira' ... goes like;people, people mek una come oo,iya basira she don jazz me ooo cheesy

Very marvelous group! I'll tell you all another thing, they were No Indomie Generation (IGK).. The group were inspired by the famous soul blue group of the the 90s...wait for it.....

The Boyz2men! cheesy ..know this and know peace grin

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by DevilishMan: 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
IjebuWarrior:

Lol...

2Face Idibia isn't Igbo for God sake. This is the problem with you okoro savages forcefully claiming other tribes. grin

Fela and KSA are too global to dey use for dis convo sef.

Onyeka can NEVER be >> Salawa Abeni, Tiwa, Tems Yemi Alade & Asa. I say NEVER

grin

Yoruba l'agba! cool

Translate "Idibia" in your heathen Afonjanistan tongue then.

Take your time...
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by LegallyBlunt: 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
Iya Basira was my best track. grin

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by DenreleDave(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJeOkqC-x-0
My favourite track of this group; "IMAGINE THAT"

Same.. This is my best song in this group
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Angelfrost(m): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
When music still made sense in Naija...!

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by xynerise: 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
I still have Styl plus and Paul play Dairo on my playlist.

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by happney65: 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
They were way way way ahead of their time. Our own Boyz11 Men

I think it was just recently about 4years ago or so I threw away their CD I bought 2004 as I still had it.

If na now they blow,they would have been multimillionaires. Last I heard Tunde is currently a lecturer at Lautech or so

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Allisgud: 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Iyabasira was my favourite

Infact let me listen to their songs now on boomplay if I will see it there
Or audio mac

But the truth is that this style plus and whole lot of other old artists were not too good like too good

The reason we feel they were good is because of the nostalgia or rather nolstagic feelings it gives us now
exactly hv been having same thought also,any child that was born in 2010 which is 13 will not have the same feeling with someone who was born in 2000,even if it is a good song
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Ganjafama(m): 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
DevilishMan:
AFONJ-PLUS
Zeal and Shifi are both from Delta State.

6 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Day169: 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
DevilishMan:
AFONJ-PLUS
As detribalised as this group appears, if your diatribe is all you can venture, then shame on you! tongue

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Allisgud: 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
Curse777:
kiss

Damn how time flies

Style plus, Paul Play Dairo, Idris Abdulkarem, Hazardous, Tony Tetutula, Musiliu Ishola , PSquare, Dbanj Whyme

Prime time jamz
Ovation magazine
Encomium magazine
Complete Sport Newpaper

music Africa on silverbird,pinky and the brain,jazzman olofin
Psquare is the only artiste among them still touring shutting down show

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Curse777: 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
Allisgud:
music Africa on silverbird,pinky and the brain,jazzman olofin
Psquare is the only artiste among them still touring shutting down show

Pinky and the brain theme song just played in my head now

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Basic123: 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
DevilishMan:
AFONJ-PLUS
Stupid biafra terrorists

Tunde is yoruba
Zeal is Igbo
Shifi is Urobo

5 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Basic123: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Or audio mac

But the truth is that this style plus and whole lot of other old artists were not too good like too good

The reason we feel they were good is because of the nostalgia or rather nolstagic feelings it gives us now
I DISAGREE!

STYL PLUS IS DAM GOOD.

GOOGLE THE LYRICS OF ALL THE SONG ON EXPRESSIONS ALBUM.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Basic123: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
MykellOni:
Attendance: Present ✔️
Everytime I try to settle down and have a wife, everytime I fail to make them smile.,
Everytime I try not to make them cry......
They turn and say goodbye.....
My favorite hit., Imagine that.....
We have same taste.
Tunde is my best,this my best verse.
Those guys will blend pure English into melodies
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by JOemmy(m): 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
These guys shook the nigerian music industry back then their songs made a lot sense to me not what these today's nigerian musicians like wizkid and davido are singing these days.

3 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Adewale1603(m): 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
When people sing songs with passion, when there was passion in music. These guys grew up from the very first stage formed their musical group and sings with passion and talents. When life was still morally standard, simple, innocent and pure then. Not unlike now, that everything is corrupted

6 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by omoluka: 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2023
nepapole:
Good music back then unlike the noise polluting everywhere today
Noise like calm down grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by victorazy(m): 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2023
DevilishMan:
AFONJ-PLUS

grin
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by NoToPile: 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Loved their music, can still rember those lyrics.

Not the noise they are making nowadays.

Clean lyrics not all the ibadi ibadi bombom up and down.
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Josephkabila12: 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
So much love them back in the days

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Myer(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Or audio mac

Critics. Must always point out faults when they themselves are full of faults.
You started well but just had to ruin it.
Yes, no one is perfect. They worked with what they had and we all celebrate them today.
You should ask your self, is there any thing worth celebrating about you in your ow family and in your contribution to humanity?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Demolakay: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
Racoon:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styl-Plus

This group made my youth days den. I was d delight of youths in my area then. I scored all of deir songs including d rap verses.

Whenever we are gathered at our normal rendezvous, my friends will beg me to sing d songs,even giving me money in d process.

Favorite Track: Run Away

7 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by bobo65(m): 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
Olu Funmi was a song way ahead of its time

It's a pity this group just faded off

Were very dope

8 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by trevorlinda: 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
Good Old days... up till dis moment i listen to dem a lot

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Usmanovic95(m): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
One of the best music group that ever grace the Nigerian music industry.If you are a lover of good music and styl-plus,I will suggest you listen to ODO by johnnydrille feat styl-plus. Awesome song.

6 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by opad(m): 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hadiza
Ima
Olufunmi

Definitely way ahead your time. Love you forever StylPlus

6 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Emmaneze: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Racoon:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styl-Plus
One of the best musical groups in 9ja ever
Hadiza and Olufunmi are gold sha

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Goddyrichie(m): 3:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
DevilishMan:
AFONJ-PLUS
are u curse with tribalism most everything b about tribe 4 u I don’t know why this platform is all about tribe all d time music tribalism sport tribalism food tribalism wenti Dey happen sef

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by PsychoTheRapist: 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
Segzy19:
When music was still clean, calming and made sense to the mind and society.

Now it's all about the love of money, materialism, drugs, hooliganism and girls of easy virtue
You didn't mention bitches and bitches twerking naked in dem videos grin

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by placeofallure(f): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
Curse777:
kiss

Damn how time flies

Style plus, Paul Play Dairo, Idris Abdulkarem, Hazardous, Tony Tetutula, Musiliu Ishola , PSquare, Dbanj Whyme

Prime time jamz
Ovation magazine
Encomium magazine
Complete Sport Newpaper

You didn't mention City People. That magazine Ehn! Dem take am swear for me. I buy am so tey, vendor dey drop am for me even if I no dey. Those times, me and Owanbe be 5&6. Every weekend, there's a party to go. Shoe, bag and gele to match grin. Na City People be my ginger. I no get work but money for party dey. grin Thank God I changed. Me and party now be like Adam and Snake.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBnaija: Bambam - 'Rest' (Audio) / Download Latest Nigerian Gospel Songs Free - Xclusivegospel / AFRIMA 2017: Full Winners List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.